Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The full list is Interdites, Levians, Pheragots, Kree, Sarks, Centaurians and Frost Giants. Someone did their homework,the Sarks only ever appeared in an Adam Warlock story in one issue of Strange Tales way back in 1975.

Pheragots entry on the wiki posted:

Weaknesses

When punched, they start crying.[1]
:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

The '80s Hercules book was the best.

Edit: The first mini-series at least, the second one was less fun and more serious.

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 14, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
On-set pictures of Mckenzie as Gordon:

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

On-set pictures of Mckenzie as Gordon:

No mustache? :ohdear:

Seriously though, there is literally nothing to gleam about the show from that picture... Other than, he's obviously made Detective by now, since he's not in blues, and no mustache...

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Tuxedo Jack posted:

No mustache?

Immersion ruined.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Tuxedo Jack posted:

No mustache?

Detective Gordon, you have failed this city. :colbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Tuxedo Jack posted:

No mustache? :ohdear:

Seriously though, there is literally nothing to gleam about the show from that picture... Other than, he's obviously made Detective by now, since he's not in blues, and no mustache...

He just wants to ask people if they want it on or off

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

bobkatt013 posted:

He just wants to ask people if they want it on or off

Off.

Too bad.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Behold! Deathlok!!!

:what:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
MazingerLok.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Gunn is Optimus Prime?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Behold! Deathlok!!!

:snort: :snicker: :cough:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He should keep getting hurt more and more as it goes on and getting more robot parts.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

He should keep getting hurt more and more as it goes on and getting more robot parts.

He should at least get a lazer tag gun.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
loving hell. :gonk:

You know how months ago there was a big discussion about how no named super-powered Marvel characters were appearing in this MCU tie-in show? Well maybe the execs who were putting the kibosh on that weren't doing it because they wanted to save the characters for potential future movies, maybe they were doing it because they genuinely love the characters and wanted to save them from this horrible fate.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I am a deadly cyborg supervillian! I am wearing navy slacks!!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Maybe they're doing a wacky comedy sequence where the Clairvoyant is getting Mike to duck in and out a changing room and try on all sorts of funny supervillain costumes and this is one of the hilariously awful ones before they get to the awesome cool costume???? You can't tell me that someone designed that and someone in costuming made it and the show runners signed off on it and allowed it in front of the cameras and they're all serious about it.

(I'm still in Stage 1: Denial)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Psst, when the idea is you're turning a guy into an inhuman cyborg killing machine, try and make him look at least AS cyborg as the dude with the robot arm in the movie you put out at the same time.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Honestly, if he just had the metal half-mask, I'd be fine with it. As it is though, it smacks of :effort:.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
More Gotham Set Photos:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51537

The Dynamic Duo: Gordon and Bullock

Penguin

I'm :raise: at the headline though.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's almost as if they made the most passive aggressive gently caress you costume around. See fans. Here you go. You finally get a character based on a comicbook that you care about. There you go. Happy? Now? Tough.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Gotham seems to exist to be in production alongside Constantine so you can see how you should/shouldn't adapt material for TV.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Harvey looks pretty good. Gordon looks.....strange to me. Any word on the time period that they are setting it in?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Gotham, city of dumb expressions.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They should just go the Ultimate route with it and redo everything; Gordon dies two episodes in, Bruce Wayne moves away, and it becomes a noir show about Donal Logue

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And then it gets cancelled.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

zoux posted:

Behold! Deathlok!!!

Ugh.

I've seen cosplayers do work that makes that look absolutely amateurish in comparison.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
To borrow some lines from a different cinematic universe ...

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Really, they should just say gently caress it and turn Agents into Joss Whedon's Marvel Sentai. The Helicarrier can turn into a guy in a rubber suit and box Fin Fang Foom.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

DFu4ever posted:

Ugh.

I've seen cosplayers do work that makes that look absolutely amateurish in comparison.

OK yeah it is pretty clear these guys making this show are completely loving incompetent at this point. I'm kind of over it now. Meanwhile, on Arrow they've managed to do Deathstroke, Deadshot, and the Green Arrow himself justice. Also now the Flash.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Harvey looks pretty good. Gordon looks.....strange to me. Any word on the time period that they are setting it in?
Ancient times, as people are actively reading newspapers in public.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Man, even if I hadn't started watching Arrow and had seen what a good super hero show could be, there's no way I could defend that Deathlok costume. Ugh.

Also: gently caress TV scheduling. No more SHIELD until April after only three episodes in three months? I can't wait until broadcast dies and things move to the Netflix format of everything at once, once a year.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
-

Soonmot posted:

Man, even if I hadn't started watching Arrow and had seen what a good super hero show could be, there's no way I could defend that Deathlok costume. Ugh.

Also: gently caress TV scheduling. No more SHIELD until April after only three episodes in three months? I can't wait until broadcast dies and things move to the Netflix format of everything at once, once a year.

At least the remaining seven episodes will air consecutively beginning April 1. No more breaks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Soonmot posted:

They hosed up by wanting it to return too early, Like ABC didn't realize that the last few episodes have to be put off until at least a week(probably 2) after Winter Solider, as SHIELD supposedly changes pretty dramatically in it and lol spoilers.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

zoux posted:

Behold! Deathlok!!!

J. August Richards looks so pissed that they're making him wear that. Just downright indignant.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Really, they should just say gently caress it and turn Agents into Joss Whedon's Marvel Sentai. The Helicarrier can turn into a guy in a rubber suit and box Fin Fang Foom.

Dude, I'd be so down for that. They're clearly incapable of making a serious show, so just go for broke on ridiculous. There's been plenty of Power Rangers seasons better than what we're getting on AoS right now. Get whoever made that last post-apocalyptic series and put them in charge instead of nepotism-boy.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Bring Red Ronin into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, that's what I say.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

XboxPants posted:

J. August Richards looks so pissed that they're making him wear that. Just downright indignant.

Dude, I'd be so down for that. They're clearly incapable of making a serious show, so just go for broke on ridiculous. There's been plenty of Power Rangers seasons better than what we're getting on AoS right now. Get whoever made that last post-apocalyptic series and put them in charge instead of nepotism-boy.

I actually think the Black Ranger from RPM might be a better actor than the guy playing Ward.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Gaz-L posted:

I actually think the Black Ranger from RPM might be a better actor than the guy playing Ward.

Not a high bar. Tom Welling would be better.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

Gordon looks.....strange to me.
I think he lacks the mild-manneredness that I usually associate with Gordon. Like, one important moment in Year One is when Gordon gives Flask the bat because it makes it clear that Gordon is more than how he comes off to people. His badass moments tend to be juxtaposed to him being this schluby middle aged guy in glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
The Powers series, lives again. It's going to be an original PlayStation Network series. That's almost television. No word if anything from the scrapped FX pilots remains. Frankly, I'm hoping they kept T-Mobile girl.