Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*

Urdnot Fire posted:

Here's a pretty good short film I think this thread would enjoy (if it does such things :v:). It's only 7 minutes long for the busy folks among you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gryenlQKTbE

That was pretty cool! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Vitamin P posted:

Has anyone got a link to that youtube deconstructing series 2 and why it was so terrible? The one that explained why Dale got suddenly killed off and had that Battlestar Galactica guy talking about the plans for flashback episode?

I was running through my head of everything that actually happened that season, Glenn and Maggie hook up, alright, Shane goes insane, alright, Dale dies for no reason, kind of dumb, Sophia goes missing and dies, alright, Carl gets hurt and gets better, Hershell reluctently comes to terms with the apocalypse and joins the group for the finale. That's really it, no idea how they even managed to shove all that into so many goddamn episodes.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Vitamin P posted:

Has anyone got a link to that youtube deconstructing series 2 and why it was so terrible? The one that explained why Dale got suddenly killed off and had that Battlestar Galactica guy talking about the plans for flashback episode?

http://www.yourmoviesucks.org/2013/09/yms-walking-dead-season-1-part-1.html?m=1

The part where he calls Lori a bitch made me laugh so hard. His delivery is just perfect.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

The part where he calls Lori a bitch made me laugh so hard. His delivery is just perfect.

Thank you so much for this.

E: It reeks of Red Letter Media, but that's not really a bad thing.

Austrian mook fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 20, 2014

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Urdnot Fire posted:

Here's a pretty good short film I think this thread would enjoy (if it does such things :v:). It's only 7 minutes long for the busy folks among you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gryenlQKTbE

That was pretty good. :unsmith:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Austrian mook posted:

I was running through my head of everything that actually happened that season, Glenn and Maggie hook up, alright, Shane goes insane, alright, Dale dies for no reason, kind of dumb, Sophia goes missing and dies, alright, Carl gets hurt and gets better, Hershell reluctently comes to terms with the apocalypse and joins the group for the finale. That's really it, no idea how they even managed to shove all that into so many goddamn episodes.
I'll never forget one of most thoroughly stupid scenes in the entire series of them lowering Glenn into the well.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Lycus posted:

I'll never forget one of most thoroughly stupid scenes in the entire series of them lowering Glenn into the well.

Glenn was my favorite character since day 1, with the whole "I'll have sex with you" "really!?" thing being the hardest I'm laughed at television ever, and I likely would have stopped watching the show if that's how he died. What a loving horrible piece of poo poo scene. Nothing in the show has even come close to how dumb that was. I really hope Glenn becomes lighthearted and fun again once he finds his wife. I get he's in a lovely place right now, but I miss season 1 Glenn, him and Dale were the moral center of the group.

:rip: Dale

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Dale was cool because it was believable that an old chill guy like him would stick to his moral convictions, given that in his mind he had little to lose besides his humanity. RIP not-completely-shallow-motivations.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

rawdog pozfail posted:

Dale was cool because it was believable that an old chill guy like him would stick to his moral convictions, given that in his mind he had little to lose besides his humanity. RIP not-completely-shallow-motivations.

Also his relationship with Andrea was actually cool and the only salvagable aspect of her character. Old guy gets reminded of his daughter, and can't let that go, get's unreasonably attatched to her, and she just wants time to be herself. It was a pretty great relationship.

E: Jesus hell I forgot how bad Lori was gently caress. She never does anything, gently caress that dumb character. Glad she's dead.

Austrian mook fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 20, 2014

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

The dude also made the best faces:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uF4vIF0p0

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Crankit posted:

It was a joke where I replaced Mice with Mika.

This comedy forum thread does not get jokes.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Austrian mook posted:

You are forgetting the through and through fence post injury that healed in less than a day.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Irish Joe posted:

The only way this could get any worse is if Rick, Carl and Michonne board a sentient train.

just replace the kids with zombies and I truly don't understand how that wouldn't rule.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

xxEightxx posted:

You are forgetting the through and through fence post injury that healed in less than a day.

actually, it was a week according to some wiki, now why we had 3 episodes of arguing and not them expanding the whole, we have a kidnapped dude to kill maybe thing is anyone's guess.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

In part 2 when he starts talking about Patricia I went, "who the gently caress is Patricia". Then I thought about it and still couldn't remember a god drat thing about her. Had to look it up and even then I can barely remember that she was there.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The well "dilemma" is easily the dumbest thing this show's ever done, and is honestly up there for most brain-dead moment on television. Especially when you consider the fact that it wasn't just a single person screwing up, it was like half a dozen grown-rear end adults that all first came to the dumbest conclusion possible ("We can't shoot it, that will infect the water!") and then came up with the dumbest loving plan possible ("Let's lower someone next to it, that can't possibly go wrong! Then we'll pull it up, that can't possibly go wrong!")

I know people who love this show unconditionally and think it's one of the best shows of all time, but even they agree that that scene was pretty drat insulting to the viewers' intelligence.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Watching something like Hannibal highlights how poorly done TWD is. Yet TWD pulls in 10x the viewers, there is no justice.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

VDay posted:

The well "dilemma" is easily the dumbest thing this show's ever done, and is honestly up there for most brain-dead moment on television. Especially when you consider the fact that it wasn't just a single person screwing up, it was like half a dozen grown-rear end adults that all first came to the dumbest conclusion possible ("We can't shoot it, that will infect the water!") and then came up with the dumbest loving plan possible ("Let's lower someone next to it, that can't possibly go wrong! Then we'll pull it up, that can't possibly go wrong!")

I know people who love this show unconditionally and think it's one of the best shows of all time, but even they agree that that scene was pretty drat insulting to the viewers' intelligence.

The first season is pretty drat terrific and I genuinely think that season 4 is a huge step upwards. That said, what a loving mess of a scene. Lori crashing her car is up there, but at least there it's not a group of people. Even then, is a loving well of water worth risking Glenn's life?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

VDay posted:

I think it was a dumb thing to do and I won't at all defend the characters, but I don't think it was an insult to the viewers' intelligence. The conclusion to that story was Maggie literally saying "that was the dumbest loving thing I've ever seen" and Glenn realizing he's a reckless idiot. I have a hard time buying some of them like Dale going for the idea in the first place but in the end the point of it was that they were behaving recklessly and stupid and Maggie, the outsider, is the only one who can see it until Glenn's close call. A stupid story, maybe, but they were never trying to convince us it was a smart plan. Exactly the opposite.

Besides, I've read this thread. They can't insult the viewers' intelligence because "who set off the alarm?/Lizzie is the killer/I didn't know the Governor's name was Brian/Is this a flashback?"

Now Lori crashing her car after running out in the dark an hour after Rick left? THAT was stupid.

13stitches
Mar 13, 2012

You were born free, you got fucked out of half of it and you wave a flag celebrating it.
Oh gawd, the Lori crashed the car-moment was one of the worst, stat. Everything about this episode was so drat stupid, including sending out Glen and Maggie and getting them nearly killed, her throwing a fit and choking up the pills and worst of all how nonchalantly the car flipped over. You know, the one she took alone to go wherever the gently caress she wanted to go - alone. Did she never watch a single horror movie in the 80ies?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm a huge defender of the show and its at the current moment the only show on TV I watch weekly, but Lori. God drat. Even I can't call her anything more than an over emotional idiot. There's no reason at all for her running out alone to find Rick even though she has no idea where he is, without telling anyone she was going than she was pissed off and acting irrationally. I didn't hate Lori but between that, "a woman's place", and "kill Shane/YOU KILLED SHANE?!" I sure couldn't like her. Even with the pretty liberal amount of leeway I give these characters for stress and dealing with situations none of us could honestly emotionally process.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Irish Joe posted:

The only way this could get any worse is if Rick, Carl and Michonne board a sentient train.

This is stirring memories I thought I blocked off. Does any of it involve them running over one of the show's writers on the way to terminus?

Just occurred to me: where are all of the 2014 hyundais they could have been finding and driving around by now?

JEEVES420 posted:

Yup thats what I was going to say. Older stoves use these as do almost all gas grills.

I only wish my gas grill would still do that. :rant:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The biggest problem with Season 2 was having the Sophia story drag on for so long. It was completely unnecessary.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Loved the episode.

I almost wish Lizzie killed Judith instead of Mika, however, because of the interesting consequences it would have created down the line. This episode finally fleshed the Mika character out, and it could have been nice to see her struggle with the aftermath of the necessary putting down of Lizzie. And Rick/Carl finding out that Judith survived all the prison nonsense just to die at the hands of a batshit tween.

Instead, Lizzie and Mika both dying just kinda neatly wraps things up to move on. Judith obviously will never know what happened, and Carol and Tyrese will just sweep it under the rug as suggested earlier once they meet up with the other survivors.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

That's the one I was looking for, thanks.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

13stitches posted:

Oh gawd, the Lori crashed the car-moment was one of the worst, stat. Everything about this episode was so drat stupid, including sending out Glen and Maggie and getting them nearly killed, her throwing a fit and choking up the pills and worst of all how nonchalantly the car flipped over. You know, the one she took alone to go wherever the gently caress she wanted to go - alone. Did she never watch a single horror movie in the 80ies?

This was by far the funniest moment in the entire series and I refuse to believe that was not the intention. She is sooo dumb, and then she gets in the car and crashes going in a straight line. It still makes me laugh. great scene.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
Is there a good compilation or place to get TWD .gifs? Either with or without ice cream. I feel the need to see Carol using Axel as a bulletproof shield over and over.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Andrea shooting Daryl ranks up there in the TWD's stupid scenes category.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I don't think Andrea shooting Daryl was a dumb scene. It was a dumb action that established Andrea's recklessness in her pursuit of becoming strong enough to survive the apocalypse. The fact she missed shows that she wasn't ready.

Man, could you imagine how hated Andrea would be if she had killed Daryl?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Amateur Saboteur posted:

just replace the kids with zombies and I truly don't understand how that wouldn't rule.

Ooo. I did this with Thomas the Tank Engine on Doodle or Die. Well, it was a zombie Thomas. I was too lazy to include zombie passengers.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

redweird posted:

I don't think Andrea shooting Daryl was a dumb scene. It was a dumb action that established Andrea's recklessness in her pursuit of becoming strong enough to survive the apocalypse. The fact she missed shows that she wasn't ready.

Man, could you imagine how hated Andrea would be if she had killed Daryl?

Why Daryl just let that go and wasn't pissed out of his mind is beyond me.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

Why Daryl just let that go and wasn't pissed out of his mind is beyond me.

THAT is the true dumb part of Andrea shooting Daryl. Finally someone does something that actually merits some drama to come out of it, and it's neatly brushed under the carpet in the next episode. Back to boring and predictable Rick-Shane-Lori triangle drama, that's what the viewers really want to see!

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Edit: N/M

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
I watched all those reviews posted above for the first time, and agree with them, but I still watch TWD.

I didn't think Season 2 at the Farm was that bad, but then I remembered, after a couple of shows, whenever they had an inside scene in the farmhouse, I just fast forwarded it. That why it wasn't that bad to me.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Lycus posted:

Merle's death was the culmination of his redemption arc, so that was okay. Dale's death felt like, "The viewers don't like this guy, and we can't come up with anything interesting for him to do, so let's suddenly write him off the show".

I liked him, he was the voice of reason behind the group. That's the major reason they offed him, you can't have reason and keep the show interesting

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Can't wait til Randal Flagg shows up in season 8

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Dales death felt rushed because it was. The actor decided to leave the show over the differences between AMC and Darabont. So they quickly killed him off.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jayisspecial posted:

This was by far the funniest moment in the entire series and I refuse to believe that was not the intention. She is sooo dumb, and then she gets in the car and crashes going in a straight line. It still makes me laugh. great scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

IT was totally in character for Lori though.

• Locked thread