Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
RIP, Simon Tam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shrapnel's head just exploded!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

jscolon2.0 posted:

RIP, Simon Tam.

Poor guy. He needs more work.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

bunnyofdoom posted:

I cannot wait for this episode. Ten bucks says Sean Maher's character dies tonight.

How the gently caress?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Deakul posted:

How the gently caress?

They can't not kill one of the members of the Suicide Squad, and he had much less plot immunity than the other two.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I insist you dance with your bodyguard!

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
Oh God, Sara's gonna die after a line like that.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
"I'm not that easy to kill."

Well, bye, Sara.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Now that's the Amanda Waller I know and love.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
There's a ton of poo poo going on in this episode, and they're doing a great job balancing two plots and keeping everything tight.

Also, you're a fool if you think the explosives expert that got killed off-screen with an explosive device is actually dead.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

jscolon2.0 posted:

They can't not kill one of the members of the Suicide Squad, and he had much less plot immunity than the other two.

drat you TV logic!

And god drat it, Sara!
WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY :supaburn:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Deakul posted:

drat you TV logic!

And god drat it, Sara!
WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY :supaburn:

I hope Laurel doesn't become Black Canary. Her?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

"...drone strike"

"How contemporary."

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I have one issue with this. Shrapnel's bomb was shown to be strong enough to cause a rather large explosion. Why not just activate Deadshot's chip?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Eh, that seemed rushed.

What if the explosive implant was tamper proof? Why would it be implanted shallow enough to get plucked out just like that?
edit: Well, um, nevermind then. :blush:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 20, 2014

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Kammat posted:

Now that's the Amanda Waller I know and love.

That plan is positively moronic, using Deadshot as the GPS beacon.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Wasn't the bomb meant to level the house? Seemed like a single grenade explosion.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
"We'll be implanting them in their spinal vertebrae from now on."

Daaamn

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Senerio posted:

I have one issue with this. Shrapnel's bomb was shown to be strong enough to cause a rather large explosion. Why not just activate Deadshot's chip?

When someone is in a car and their head explodes, the car tends to crash.

Also, not unlikely that he was carrying explosives as supplies in that car.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder when we'll get to Amanda and Oliver meeting on or near the island.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

That plan is positively moronic, using Deadshot as the GPS beacon.

I was pretty disappointed in that because it made no sense. I know they're the suicide squad at all, but what's the point of wasting the world's greatest sniper when you could just as easily record his location and send the drone there while having them evacuate?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

I was pretty disappointed in that because it made no sense. I know they're the suicide squad at all, but what's the point of wasting the world's greatest sniper when you could just as easily record his location and send the drone there while having them evacuate?

Backup plan since their demolitions expert was dead.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

I kinda saw it as Waller wanting to ice Deadshot, and this whole nerve agent mission was largely just a pretext for that.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Great episode, an interesting change of pace by focusing on Diggle and the Suicide Squad. Who is Harley? Were they in an episode of Arrow which I forgot about?

I thought it was neat that they brought Ben Browder back just for a relatively minor role in some flashbacks.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harley as in Harley Quinn, the Joker's girlfriend.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Great episode, an interesting change of pace by focusing on Diggle and the Suicide Squad. Who is Harley? Were they in an episode of Arrow which I forgot about?

Harley Quinn, The Joker's girlfriend/lieutenant. I'm guessing it was a fan servicey semi-cameo and nothing more will come of it, since they didn't actually show her or address her by name. Plus she'd be a weird character to use without the context of The Joker or Batman.

Edit: Beaten.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Didn't the previews show her more than the episode actually did? So she might show up sometime later in this season.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

muscles like this? posted:

Didn't the previews show her more than the episode actually did? So she might show up sometime later in this season.

I mean, they've introduced the idea that ARGUS has all these folks locked up in cells- it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for there to be some sort of jailbreak, have her escape.. Hell, if they ever wanted to have Nightwing/any Bat-folks show up, that'd be an ideal way to do it.

But, realistically, I'm willing to bet it was just a quick cameo. A fun one, too. They could have some fun with that idea, if Oliver keeps some involvement with ARGUS- have people in the cells you don't wanna have on the show but wanna tease people with.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Her voice seemed too much like the normal DCAU Harley voice (to the point that I think it was the same voice actress), which makes me think it was just a "cameo". If they had plans for using her in an episode or two, it would have been an actress that they'd be getting to play her and not her DCAU voice actress.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

They realistically shot more footage and scenes than used and then edited stuff down for time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shakugan posted:

Her voice seemed too much like the normal DCAU Harley voice (to the point that I think it was the same voice actress), which makes me think it was just a "cameo". If they had plans for using her in an episode or two, it would have been an actress that they'd be getting to play her and not her DCAU voice actress.

Arleen Sorkin actually doesn't do her voice anymore. It's Tara Strong now.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

E the Shaggy posted:

Wasn't the bomb meant to level the house? Seemed like a single grenade explosion.

World's slowest, low-flying-est drone firing the world's slowest combination bottle rocket-pipe bomb.

I'm just going to forget that bit ever happened.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Shakugan posted:

Only if it's immediate plans, like for this season of Arrow/Flash. If it's just something they did to do some world building to help prepare for the event that they ever do some Nightwing/other bat stuff, they wouldn't need an actress picked out yet.

That seems most likely to me - mostly it's a cameo/joke, but with a dash of "hey, who knows what might happen a couple years from now if Flash is as big a success as Arrow so let's start building for that now".

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Aphrodite posted:

Also, it didn't sound like either one of them.

Really? Wow, she made it sound so affected, not anything like she sounded in Arkham City / Origins.
vvvv

raditts fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 20, 2014

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Just did a bit of Googling and was able to verify that it was Tara Strong in this episode.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

XboxPants posted:

Only if it's immediate plans, like for this season of Arrow/Flash. If it's just something they did to do some world building to help prepare for the event that they ever do some Nightwing/other bat stuff, they wouldn't need an actress picked out yet.

That seems most likely to me - mostly it's a cameo/joke, but with a dash of "hey, who knows what might happen a couple years from now if Flash is as big a success as Arrow so let's start building for that now".

Years? At this point we'll be having all the Robins loving poo poo up on Starling by the middle of the third season :v:

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
I have some pretty lovely hearing in general but I couldn't make out Dig's codename this episode. Was it Green Lantern? :confused:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
How did I not catch that therapist quote? That is definitely Harley, jesus. Also, this episode was exactly as good as I was hoping it would be. :allears:

Tensokuu posted:

I have some pretty lovely hearing in general but I couldn't make out Dig's codename this episode. Was it Green Lantern? :confused:

Freelancer.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

That makes so much more sense. Though I can't help but dream of a world where they just replaced John Stewart with John Diggle. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

Tensokuu posted:

Pretty sure it was Freelancer.

Beaten a million times over. I really liked the Harley cameo though :3 "I'm a therapist"

• Locked thread