Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
What game is this craziness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Mordaedil posted:

What game is this craziness?

Dogz

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Grinning Goblin posted:

Now twitch chat is using google translate to spam their nonsense.

Their French is so broken.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Here are some cool words to say in the chat for any Americans in the crowd who want to fit in:
Calisse
Tabarnak
D'Ostie
Crisse
Shout all these words at a French-Canadian grandmother for extra cool points!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Booting up a random game every so often is honestly a lot more entertaining than Pokémon 24/7.

For one, you can't accidentally starve Pokémon.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

The timelapse for Twitch Plays Pokemon Crystal is up.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

notoriousman posted:

Booting up a random game every so often is honestly a lot more entertaining than Pokémon 24/7.

For one, you can't accidentally starve Pokémon.

You can in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. :getin:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

REGRET

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
They should really play Wario Ware.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Latias is the Sisyphus of Pokemon Pinball.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Their name is almost "A girl", amazing.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon started! We're an Eevee called ♂k , with a Charmandeţ in tow.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Some fanart that's popped up recently

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Mordaedil posted:

Their name is almost "A girl", amazing.

Nah, that's just French for "Act":

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Well we're gonna be stuck on this hamster monkey bars until the streamer intervenes in 8 hours or so.

edit: well that didn't take long

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

If TPP doesn't manage to acquire a Bananasaurus at some point during the Emerald run, then everything up until now has meant nothing.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
GBA games are probably the most graphically pleasing games ever. Something aesthetically about it just feels right. Just a random comment.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Whirlwind Jones posted:

GBA games are probably the most graphically pleasing games ever. Something aesthetically about it just feels right. Just a random comment.

It sits in that nice place the Genesis and SNES also sit in: Powerful enough to do fancy 2D stuff, but not quite powerful to do 3D stuff yet. So you don't get early 3D polygon messes but still have a full color palette and can do neat stuff with relatively big and complicated sprites.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hoenn is a beautiful region. IMO it's surpasssed only by Kalos.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

CuwiKhons posted:

If TPP doesn't manage to acquire a Bananasaurus at some point during the Emerald run, then everything up until now has meant nothing.
He wasn't very powerful but I enjoyed using Dolewing in an Emerald playthrough.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Twitch is playing with the remote again.

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012
I thought the GBA vids for Pokemon only covered stuff before Johto.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

We can't even name this character

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

boredsatellite posted:

We can't even name this character

Well, the longer the stream is stuck deciding if it wants to be a boy or a girl, or exactly how many A's should be in the name, the puppy gets to live for that much longer, which is a small mercy I guess :)

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

They really don't want to play any more Dogz.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I mean I know these games are shovelware, but this looks like exactly the same game -- same graphics, environments, music, everything -- except with a better font for the dialogue. Wow.

e: Also it's lacking accents and umlauts.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 20, 2014

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

CuwiKhons posted:

If TPP doesn't manage to acquire a Taco Duck at some point during the Emerald run, then everything up until now has meant nothing.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Prepare the doggy potty

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

I believe you mean "Dancing-Mexican-Pineapple-Sombrero-Duck."

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Aka the best pokemon

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Unfortunately Sombrero Pineapple requires...

a Water Stone.

So we'll end up buying three Fire Stones and using them on eevee nobody since there are no fire stone evos in Hoenn.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I really wonder how the hell they're going to handle the water routes.

Repel usage is out, so they'll be interrupted by random encounters every 2 seconds.

They require Dive usage to proceed at one point; not a problem in itself, but there are other dive spots scattered around. Press A enough and you end up underwater, and random directional input will careen them away from the only spot you can dive back up.

There are few landmarks, so even the organized part of Twich could get lost.

Then there are these sons of bitches, which have currents that force you a certain way once you surf over them. There are some areas where it's literally a one tile difference between destinations. It's also completely impossible to go back to the previous route once you start here. Getting back to the island cities if/when they wander here will require either Fly or extensive backtracking. Fortunately, nothing here is mandatory to complete the game, but knowing Twitch they'll find themselves in current hell anyway. (And I kind of want to see them try to get the hidden stuff here, if only because it'd be Rocket Maze V2.0)

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 20, 2014

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I think they should try to get a Milotic.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

The Monkey Man posted:

Let's be honest. If there's any stream where a Feebass will be randomly encountered and promptly OHKO'd, its this one.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

The Monkey Man posted:

Oh hey, I got one of those in Y just today! It's pretty cool.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Do you know what Milotic's evolution condition is in gen 3/4? cause they changed it for 5/6.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Edit: He does now!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

In Gen III and IV, you had different 'stats' for use in the game's various contests; Smart, Beauty, Cool, Cute and Tough. you raise them by feeding either Pokéblocks (Ruby and Sapphire) or poffins (Diamond and Pearl), and Feebas needs maximum Beauty stat to evolve to Milotic.

Gen V and later they did away with the contests and those stats, so there's just the Prism Scale for evolving Feebas now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

notoriousman posted:

Gen V and later they did away with the contests and those stats, so there's just the Prism Scale for evolving Feebas now.

Those stats actually still exist in the Pokémon, they're just no longer visible! If you trade a max beauty Feebas up to gen V or VI and then level it up it will evolve even without a Prism Scale! :science:

• Locked thread