Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
No way is that the last we've seen of Harley. The next drat episode is called Birds of Prey.

XboxPants posted:

Also, you're a fool if you think the explosives expert that got killed off-screen with an explosive device is actually dead.

Totally this. I was bummed for about 5 minutes before I realised he would totally have been able to figure a way out of that. Which is good, because I was just starting to like his character.

All in all, that was a really good episode. I loved the way they rounded out Deadshot into such a sympathetic character and now I feel all bad for him :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shakugan posted:

Just did a bit of Googling and was able to verify that it was Tara Strong in this episode.

She could play a live action Harley. She has the right look, although she's a little older than most shows would cast (she's 41.)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

No way is that the last we've seen of Harley. The next drat episode is called Birds of Prey.

Harley's only really an antagonist for the Birds in the TV show. Comic book Birds kind of don't really have a nemesis.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Harley :swoon:

The whole episode really lived up to my expectations. I could gush for hours about how Michael Row is really an absolutely perfect Deadshot. Goddamn.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I think we're jumping to conclusions. It's not Harley at all.

quote:

Stephen Amell @amellywood

Everybody needs to relax... She's just a trained therapist.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
HEY DID YOU KNOW I HAVE A DAUGHTER NAMED ZOE BECAUSE I DO HAVE A DAUGHTER NAMED ZOE LOOK LOOK AT ALL THESE PICTURES OF MY DAUGHTER ZOE AND LISTEN TO MY SAD STORY ABOUT HOW DAUGHTER ZOE NEVER MET DAUGHTER ZOE'S FATHER

*30 minutes later*

I'm gonna die now and I bet you can't give me a three-letter reason why I should live :geno:

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Was it an explosion from the implant, or did the car explode when Shrapnel crashed? I figured the high pitched bit and then the screeching tires would imply something non-explosive.

And before I forget, Bronze Tiger was driving the van right? So now black driver has a black driver?

seaborgium fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 20, 2014

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

seravid posted:

HEY DID YOU KNOW I HAVE A DAUGHTER NAMED ZOE BECAUSE I DO HAVE A DAUGHTER NAMED ZOE LOOK LOOK AT ALL THESE PICTURES OF MY DAUGHTER ZOE AND LISTEN TO MY SAD STORY ABOUT HOW DAUGHTER ZOE NEVER MET DAUGHTER ZOE'S FATHER

*30 minutes later*

I'm gonna die now and I bet you can't give me a three-letter reason why I should live :geno:

Yeah, that bit was a little bit convoluted on the part of the writers, but I can understand why it was necessary. They've built Deadshot up over two seasons as being one of the Big Bads when he's really not. He's even an anti-hero in several portions of the comic, so now they have to give him some sympathetic points so the non-comic readers understand that.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

I guess your codename can't be Black Driver if you don't do any driving.

But Bronze Tiger is pretty close

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
So that scene between Oliver and Waller at the end: Is there some history between them from an earlier episode that I've forgotten or are they implying something that hasn't been shown yet? Because I don't remember Oliver wanting to kill Waller. (Although it could be future Island stuff, I'm convinced Waller was the one giving Fyers his orders.)

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Had to google to find out the actress playing Lyla was Kim Brown from The Unit. So after all that time playing the wife of a badass spec ops soldier she gets to be one now!

Oh and she was Lilly from The Walking Dead which was probably why she seemed so familiar all of a sudden. Still looking good.

The Lord Bude posted:

So that scene between Oliver and Waller at the end: Is there some history between them from an earlier episode that I've forgotten or are they implying something that hasn't been shown yet? Because I don't remember Oliver wanting to kill Waller. (Although it could be future Island stuff, I'm convinced Waller was the one giving Fyers his orders.)
Yeah I think they kinda implied Fyers and Waller were in cahoots somehow though I think it was off-screen or just her heels. But I'm sure it would make sense in that context.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Lord Bude posted:

I expect we'll get some manner of flashback explaining them to be "old friends" before the season is out.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I expect we'll get some manner of flashback explaining them to be "old friends" before the season is out.

I'm glad we had that scene, because otherise Diggle being ok with her just telling everyone and their dog that Oliver was Arrow was kind of bizarre.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

I find it utterly hilarious everyone at ARGUS probably knows who The Arrow is but don't say poo poo about it.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Rarity posted:

I believe Huntress is on deck next.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Bronze Tiger was hilariously under used that episode. Lame, I want more of Michael Jai White kicking rear end.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rarity posted:

Running through my head, through my head run runing through my head....

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Dexo posted:

Running through my head, through my head run runing through my head....

In one of her attempts to impress Oliver, Felicity is caught in a greenhouse explosion where secret testing on the pharmaceutical effects of chlorophyll were taking place. Deformed and afraid to tell the Arrow team she is alive, the only place she has to turn is the recommendation to a psychiatrist. Only later does she realize her confidant is not who she seems...

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Accretionist posted:

World's slowest, low-flying-est drone firing the world's slowest combination bottle rocket-pipe bomb.

I'm just going to forget that bit ever happened.

Seriously. I liked the episode overall, but that whole sequence was just embarrassing for everyone involved.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
There was also the bit where I guess Waller turned off their codec when she decided to bomb them? Aside from that whole sequence, really good episode.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah, that was some goofy drat plotting. Wouldn't they already have the coordinates of the mansion by.... knowing that that's where they were going?

Everything with the drone and the van was pretty drat weak.

But hey, the rest of it was pretty frackin' good.

Expect for Deadshot's actor having to deliver leaden lines of exposition about his daughter - there's a way to write that without much clunkiness (Strike Back had a similar reveal this year that was done much more elegantly) but they definitely didn't choose that path.

That said, they're doing a great job of building up Slade's threats. This is kinda feeling similar to shades of Buffy's second season - I'm just not certain who will be killed off in the next few episodes.

All I know is that someone's definitely dying, no idea who.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rarity posted:

No way is that the last we've seen of Harley.

The actress they cast for Harley tweeted a photo last week of a shooting script. She framed it so you couldn't see any of the names, but the highlighted bits (her lines, assumably) that you could read sounded very Harley-esque.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure we're going to be seeing a lot more of Harley soon enough.

EDIT: Proof.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 20, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

nine-gear crow posted:

The actress they cast for Harley tweeted a photo last week of a shooting script. She framed it so you couldn't see any of the names, but the highlighted bits (her lines, assumably) that you could read sounded very Harley-esque.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure we're going to be seeing a lot more of Harley soon enough.

EDIT: Proof.

Yeah, that doesn't prove anything at all because you can't really see anything and she's not the actress credited in this past episode either.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Deadpool posted:

Yeah, that doesn't prove anything at all because you can't really see anything and she's not the actress credited in this past episode either.

Yeah, as much as I would love Harley as a feature villain, it seems like mostly fan fervor than anything. Obviously Cassidy is playing something later this year, but I thought Tara Strong already confirmed on Facebook that it was her this ep.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Axel Serenity posted:

Yeah, as much as I would love Harley as a feature villain, it seems like mostly fan fervor than anything. Obviously Cassidy is playing something later this year, but I thought Tara Strong already confirmed on Facebook that it was her this ep.

There was no confirmation needed, her name was in the credits. Maybe that actress played actual extra in the cell, but if they did that and didn't use her voice then I would doubt she's coming back to do any actual scenes at all.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Narcissus1916 posted:

That said, they're doing a great job of building up Slade's threats. This is kinda feeling similar to shades of Buffy's second season - I'm just not certain who will be killed off in the next few episodes.

All I know is that someone's definitely dying, no idea who.

They're telegraphing Sara's death so hard even Voyager 1 can pick it up.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

seravid posted:

They're telegraphing Sara's death so hard even Voyager 1 can pick it up.
I hate this and it is dumb and stupid but I know it's probably going to happen and I can't stop it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goon facebook campaign, lets get this ball rolling.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 20, 2014

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

That scene was supposed to be a reveal, I'm pretty sure.

And drat, Harley. I really do hope there's more to that than a simple cameo. And seconding the idea for Tara Strong to play her. That could work well despite her age - not only does she still look great enough to play younger, but if they do actually end up revealing Arrow to be set in the MoS/BvS universe, it's already been confirmed that Affleck's Batman is going to be something of a grizzled veteran who's been doing the vigilante thing for a while. If that's the case, Joker and Harley may have been doing their thing for a while as well, so a 35-40yo Harley could be fine.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dunno, i want this...

Popper
Nov 15, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

That scene was supposed to be a reveal, I'm pretty sure.

And drat, Harley. I really do hope there's more to that than a simple cameo. And seconding the idea for Tara Strong to play her. That could work well despite her age - not only does she still look great enough to play younger, but if they do actually end up revealing Arrow to be set in the MoS/BvS universe, it's already been confirmed that Affleck's Batman is going to be something of a grizzled veteran who's been doing the vigilante thing for a while. If that's the case, Joker and Harley may have been doing their thing for a while as well, so a 35-40yo Harley could be fine.

This is who they cast for the scenes so far

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6086839/

Also it's CW. If they can cast an attractive 20 something, they will cast an attractive 20 something.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Popper posted:

This is who they cast for the scenes so far

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6086839/

Also it's CW. If they can cast an attractive 20 something, they will cast an attractive 20 something.

Yeah, I know. It's a shame, but you're pretty much right. Ah well. At least now Arrow fandom might avoid a brony influx. Silver linings and all :v:

Rocksicles posted:

Dunno, i want this...

Pretty sure Tara Strong could give you exactly that, but with bigger boobs.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
Is Diggle's full name John Stewart Diggle or something? Someone mentioned it offhand like a page ago and now I can't stop thinking how perfect it would be that we've been watching Green Arrow/Green Lantern this whole time without knowing it.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Stayne Falls posted:

Is Diggle's full name John Stewart Diggle or something? Someone mentioned it offhand like a page ago and now I can't stop thinking how perfect it would be that we've been watching Green Arrow/Green Lantern this whole time without knowing it.

This would be so unbelievably awesome I can't even comprehend it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BreakAtmo posted:

Yeah, I know. It's a shame, but you're pretty much right. Ah well. At least now Arrow fandom might avoid a brony influx. Silver linings and all :v:

Pretty sure Tara Strong could give you exactly that, but with bigger boobs.

I... would like to see that.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The whole suicide squad mission was really, really goofy but it was still worth it for letting them do that whole premise to begin with. And I like how Slade was just sort of in the background of the episode the entire time and was doing everything off-screen except for the one shot we had of him watching Ollie. I like really like Manu Bennett, but it's cool that they have the restraint to back off with him a bit rather than have him be a mustache-twirling, mom hugging, Lamborghini driving super villain every single episode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stall speed for a Predator is about 60mph. If it was 'cloaked' it would probably have to go as slow as possible, so you could conceivably outrun that in a van.

A hellfire missile makes a bigger explosion though.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

muscles like this? posted:

She could play a live action Harley. She has the right look, although she's a little older than most shows would cast (she's 41.)

Tara Strong has the voice obviously, and she even looks like Harley...but Harley is often presented as being rather acrobatic, is Tara Strong that physical?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

VDay posted:

The whole suicide squad mission was really, really goofy but it was still worth it for letting them do that whole premise to begin with. And I like how Slade was just sort of in the background of the episode the entire time and was doing everything off-screen except for the one shot we had of him watching Ollie. I like really like Manu Bennett, but it's cool that they have the restraint to back off with him a bit rather than have him be a mustache-twirling, mom hugging, Lamborghini driving super villain every single episode.

Yea I'm enjoying how they're really drawing out the Slade threat, it makes him all the more effective as a villain. It reminds me of Knightfall where Bane set up a gauntlet of villains for Batman to fight over the course of like a couple weeks just so he could wear him down and demoralize him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Sober posted:

I find it utterly hilarious everyone at ARGUS probably knows who The Arrow is but don't say poo poo about it.

When you see how Amanda Waller runs ARGUS, and the fact that she not only condones Team Arrow's brand of justice, but benefits from their vigilantism, you would have to assume that everyone who knows The Arrow's identity is aware that spilling the beans will probably have them meet some rather grisly end. I was fully expecting ARGUS to aid in the fight against Slade even before tonight's Oliver-Amanda scene.

• Locked thread