Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Two hour Wrestlemania Preshow has been announced. Well… 6 hours of nonstop wrestling it is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Can anyone tell me if there is more than 2 episodes of Raw from 1998? When I browse the network on PC, under In-Ring or whatever it is, and select Raw, I get 93, 98... etc, but only see 2 episodes. I know they will be adding more over time, but I figured there would have been more episodes added by now, and more from the Attitude Era.

Is it just the terrible design/browsing or is there just nothing there.

Mostly just want to confirm I'm not going crazy :)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Hockles posted:

I am about to ruin this for you, as someone on here has ruined it for me.

Rick Steiner celebrates before he could possibly know what is inside the coat.

Uh it's obvious from Takers body language and that he hasn't slaughtered everyone else in the ring that he's about to take their side!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

freeranger posted:

Can anyone tell me if there is more than 2 episodes of Raw from 1998? When I browse the network on PC, under In-Ring or whatever it is, and select Raw, I get 93, 98... etc, but only see 2 episodes. I know they will be adding more over time, but I figured there would have been more episodes added by now, and more from the Attitude Era.

Just the two from 98 yeah. There is a few from 1999 if you search for them.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

freeranger posted:

The reason for this is because there are two Raw shows on 24/7 channel. One is called Raw Flashback and is showing Raw in order from the beginning. There are several episodes of this a week. Which is why there's already 20+ episodes up. The other show is called Best of Raw which is once a week (along with Best of Smackdown) and just features random eventful Raws. That's why there's only a couple 1998 and 1999 Raws right now. If Raw Flashback keeps up at the current pace we'll have several years of Raw posted in a few months. And we should be getting to the stuff featured in the Monday Night War show at about the time it starts.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

So besides the DOOMSDAY CAGE MATCH, what are some other insane/stupid WCW matches I should be watching?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dimebags Brain posted:

So besides the DOOMSDAY CAGE MATCH, what are some other insane/stupid WCW matches I should be watching?

World War 3 is a staggering clusterfuck, the King of the Road match from Uncensored '95, every single War Games is either insane, stupid, or both.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thanks for the info on Raw episodes guys :) I was wondering how it was being decided upon.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

njsykora posted:

every single War Games is either insane, stupid, or both.

Pretty much every War Games from inception until about 1996 is, at worst, average, harmless fun, and many of the early ones are utterly spectacular.

Unsurprisingly, stupidity and clusterfuck booking begin to rear their heads around the same time as NWO involvement in the matches does.

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

Halloween Havoc 1991. They open with the main event cage match with 5v5 and the only way you win is by putting your opponent in an electric chair that is lowered from the ceiling after the first 10 minutes...

e: Chamber of Horrors Match

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

Deadpool posted:

The reason for this is because there are two Raw shows on 24/7 channel. One is called Raw Flashback and is showing Raw in order from the beginning. There are several episodes of this a week. Which is why there's already 20+ episodes up. The other show is called Best of Raw which is once a week (along with Best of Smackdown) and just features random eventful Raws. That's why there's only a couple 1998 and 1999 Raws right now. If Raw Flashback keeps up at the current pace we'll have several years of Raw posted in a few months. And we should be getting to the stuff featured in the Monday Night War show at about the time it starts.

I'm really hoping that they are going to start showing Nitro at the same time as it started to compete against Raw. It would be great to see the same night's episodes of each, back to back. The only problem is that would be 4-5 hours of content every day.

That brings back memories. Watch the first hour of Nitro, then watch all of Raw, then the second hour of the Nitro replay would be going on.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Acrolos posted:

I'm really hoping that they are going to start showing Nitro at the same time as it started to compete against Raw. It would be great to see the same night's episodes of each, back to back. The only problem is that would be 5 hours of content every day.

Not like any of us are doing anything better with our lives. I say bring on the Nitros!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

Bash at the Beach 1999 has a Junkyard Invitational where, I believe, almost everyone was legit injured afterwards.
Bash at the Beach 2000 has the Demon/Vampiro Graveyard Match.

Both classics.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

flashy_mcflash posted:

Bash at the Beach 1999 has a Junkyard Invitational where, I believe, almost everyone was legit injured afterwards.
Bash at the Beach 2000 has the Demon/Vampiro Graveyard Match.

Both classics.

Ok, I definitely need to run through all of the insane WCW gimmick matches too. I'm irrationally excited about this. A Graveyard Match???

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Acrolos posted:

I'm really hoping that they are going to start showing Nitro at the same time as it started to compete against Raw. It would be great to see the same night's episodes of each, back to back. The only problem is that would be 4-5 hours of content every day.

That brings back memories. Watch the first hour of Nitro, then watch all of Raw, then the second hour of the Nitro replay would be going on.

It would be neat if they did some kind of "interactive Monday Night Wars" series where the segments from each show were listed online in advance and we were able to vote on whether to watch a given segment from Raw or the competing segment from Nitro. Just like switching channels back in the old days!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Professor Funk posted:

Ok, I definitely need to run through all of the insane WCW gimmick matches too. I'm irrationally excited about this. A Graveyard Match???

It's truly horrible and pretty short but that PPV is worth watching for the Jarrett/Hogan/Russo debacle too. Peak WCW right here.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MrTpug posted:

Halloween Havoc 1991. They open with the main event cage match with 5v5 and the only way you win is by putting your opponent in an electric chair that is lowered from the ceiling after the first 10 minutes...

e: Chamber of Horrors Match

Oh gently caress I remember Foley talking about this on a legends of wrestling show. It looked amazing for several reasons.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

njsykora posted:

Oh gently caress I remember Foley talking about this on a legends of wrestling show. It looked amazing for several reasons.

Dusty describing waking up in a cold sweat because of it.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Dimebags Brain posted:

Check out the Kidman/Malenko match from Souled Out 99 or 2000 where Malenko forgets the stupid rules of the match and unintentionally gets disqualified

It's not as retarded as the Chamber of Horrors/Junkyard Invitational etc matches, but still pretty funny since it managed to confuse a dude with tons of experience like Malenko

Carlton Banks fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 20, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Dimebags Brain posted:

Triple-tier Cage Match at Slamboree 2000 featuring WCW Champion David Arquette and a second doomed fall in the Kemper Arena in less than a year!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Carlton Banks posted:

Check out the Kidman/Malenko match from Souled Out 99 or 2000 where Malenko forgets the stupid rules of the match and unintentionally gets disqualified

It's not as retarded as the Chamber of Horrors/Junkyard Invitational etc matches, but still pretty funny since it managed to confuse a dude with tons of experience like Malenko

It would be 2000 and its the last match with Malenko in WCW.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BigRed0427 posted:

Also, how come no one ever mentioned that Dave Attell once worked as a interviewer for ECW?
WHAT?!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Carlton Banks posted:

You mean the rules of the Catch-As-Catch-Can match didn't explain themselves purely based on the name?

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Slamboree 96 has the most obviously faked 'random' tag tournament ever.

Every single Lethal Lottery match has either a fully formed tag team on one side, two feuding people on the same team or tag partners facing each other.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Is there a reason why Wrestlemania 17 is missing?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's...not?

It's labelled Wrestlemania X-Seven.

(e): Wait, poo poo, you're right. Where the gently caress is it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

They are still going through shows and removing licensed music they missed when they put it up. Seems like they're doing a handful of shows at a time and then putting them back rather taking everything down at once. They've already taken down and replaced several WWE, WCW, and ECW PPVs like this.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
:siren: STUFF GETS CYCLED IN AND OUT BECAUSE THEY GO BACK AND EDIT/UNEDIT STUFF A LOT :siren:

It'll be back soon.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Deadpool posted:

They are still going through shows and removing licensed music they missed when they put it up. Seems like they're doing a handful of shows at a time and then putting them back rather taking everything down at once. They've already taken down and replaced several WWE, WCW, and ECW PPVs like this.

Yeah it definitely had Rollin' as Undertaker's music after he beat Trips when it first came on the Network. I'm not sure what entrance music he had though, I only wanted to watch the Will Borchert bit so I skipped to the end of that match. I assume they're getting rid of that, at least, and I assume that whatever they replace it with will be the drizzling shits.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Luckily that was the first PPV I watched on the network, so FYGM

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

My Way will be removed from Austin/Rock and replaced by Nickelback.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Blasmeister posted:

Luckily that was the first PPV I watched on the network, so FYGM

I bought basically all the PPVs between Rumble 2000 and Summerslam 2002 on DVD, so :hfive: good buddy.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

coconono posted:

Its probably cheaper for WWE to pay for medical care outright. Which is what they do in most cases, IIRC.

This article from 2011 reports they are required to have insurance but WWE doesn't pay for it. I'm curious if anyone else has any insight?

http://www.examiner.com/article/wwe-superstars-forced-to-get-health-insurance-but-wwe-won-t-pay

Edit: I'll take this to the questions thread.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Wrestlemania 22 is such a good show. Edge/Foley is probably my favorite Mania match between two of my favorite dudes ever, it has the Cena gangster entrance, it's all just great stuff.

E: and it starts with Kane setting the city on fire!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Hm, my video won't display correctly in full screen for some reason. The bottom third of the screen is a black bar and the picture ends up smaller than it was before I hit full screen. This is the first time it's happened so hopefully it goes back to normal soon.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

bobkatt013 posted:

It would be 2000 and its the last match with Malenko in WCW.

Yup, it's hilarious to watch because Malenko did something really routine and ordinary in that match (he rolled out of the ring to catch a breather) and got DQ'd because you can't leave the ring in a Catch-As-Catch-Can match and Malenko didn't know that. It's worth watching to see Malenko's look of utter legit confusion.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Hm, my video won't display correctly in full screen for some reason. The bottom third of the screen is a black bar and the picture ends up smaller than it was before I hit full screen. This is the first time it's happened so hopefully it goes back to normal soon.
Are you on PC? Because this sounds like a problem with your video card drivers. I had the same problem, updated to the newest Nvidia drivers, and it stopped.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Watching the one Legends of Wrestling roundtable about Canada and Pat Patterson can't get over Bret Hart saying Mongolian Stomper was one of the best Canadian wrestlers and not saying himself.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I always get a laugh out of how Foley was right, Patterson really can't put S's on the end of words. "So then Shawn Michael turned up..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
From F4W/WO:

quote:

--WWE has sent out a survey which asked people their interest in these proposed programming ideas for the network
Blackman's Bounties: A reality show following Steve Blackman, who now works as a Bounty Hunter in Pennsylvania
NXT Behind the Scenes
Pros vs. Joes - WWE talent faces off against people in competitions similar to what you'd see on American Gladiators
WWE Around the World - Talent goes around the world and tries risky activities
WWE Dirty Jobs - Talent has to do different unpleasant jobs
WWE Prankdown - Talent pranks fans
WWE Rescue - WWE wrestlers help people with personal life problems or business problems
WWE Ultimate Challenge - Scavenger hunts in different cities
Xtreme WWE Collector - A WWE fan goes all over the country looking for rare memorabilia

BLACKMAN'S BOUNTIES. Dear god, we need this show.