Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

spirited posted:

Some goons might get a kick out of a cartoon strip I did for some weekly county papers. It was called "The Fingers" and it was about a family from the Finger Lakes of upstate New York that had the last name Finger. It ran for about seven months, but ended prematurely because I moved to the midwest. While the jokes were not region specific really, it was drawn for a niche community audience so I'm going to a stealth post it for the goons that might like that sort of thing. Click.

Four fingers is too many. All you really need is two fingers and a thumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

the actual One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Sup

Fingerpori

- The veteran memorial should be decorated
- Calla could be an elegant choice for a flower
- These are what they told us to put here

The plural of kalla would be kalloja, sharing the plural form with kallo, skull.

Fok_It

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

When was the last time Poking on facebook was a thing? Before I joined, I'm sure.

Either that or I'm ignorant of one of the 'chat with my real life friends' tab's many useless functions.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Manuel Calavera posted:

the actual One Big Happy

For some reason Rick Detorie has requested that GoComics not run the current One Big Happy strips, so the ones I see there are old ones. The one I posted is the one that's posted there today though. The copyright date is too small for me to read so I don't know when it's originally from.

Pidmon posted:

When was the last time Poking on facebook was a thing? Before I joined, I'm sure.

If you're saying they removed the feature, they didn't. It's still there. I've never understood the point, but one of my friends occasionally pokes me, so at least one person is still using it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

Yeah right, cats are too busy sleeping 18 hours a day to think about the future.

Does this mean that Samantha has been making cat noises every time se and the cat have been talking and nobody else has commented on this? I find this somehow more implausible than a talking cat.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

tiistai posted:

Sup

Fingerpori

- The veteran memorial should be decorated
- Calla could be an elegant choice for a flower
- These are what they told us to put here

The plural of kalla would be kalloja, sharing the plural form with kallo, skull.

To be more exact that is the partitive plural form that is shared between kalla and kallo. The basic plural forms are kallat and kallot respectively. Since I'm not an expert linguist, all I can say is that all this feels totally natural to any native speaker.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
That memorial is going to look so loving metal. :rock:

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Yet another layer in Jane's World. Paige is loving with us now.

Huh. I wore an ear cuff in the 80s. I don't think I've seen one since.

Non Sequitur

Yep, happy Spring, folks. 35 and snow here. Bleh.

Two Heavenly Nostrils since Dana caught up. I really like the color versions, too.

:v:

Just get off the same way you got on, Marigold!

Speaking of color... Kliban's Cats

Just look at those googly eyes. :3:

9 Chickweed Lane 3/20/2003

This is dumb now, Brooke.

Zits

Welp, now we know Sarah's last name. Every time I hear that particular last name, the name Craig Toomey from Stephen King's "The Langoliers" pops into my head.

Kevin & Kell

Bleh.

Nemi

Bath-resistant? Um, not really, Nemi. You should see my copy of Stephen King's "IT". It's about a foot thick after my wife dropped it in the tub while reading it.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Bath-resistant? Um, not really, Nemi. You should see my copy of Stephen King's "IT". It's about a foot thick after my wife dropped it in the tub while reading it.

Yeah, but did it float?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

On the other hand, apparently you still have it and it's still readable :v:

I mean I wouldn't have called a book bath-resistant of my own volition but as opposed to a Kindle, I gotta admit that. (Leaving outside the issue of how it sucks when you drop your kindle in the bath but then you can buy another one, log in and there are your books.)

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Yeah, but did it float?

Yep! Pretty absorbent too! :v:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 30, 1926)

Peanuts, in which the ulterior motive reveals itself. (March 23, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Is it...CANCER? I really hate rooting for cancer...but is it?

Popeye could've avoided his current situation very easily. Last name: Sailor. First name: Popeye. Middle initial: T.

Rip Haywire

Pogo (March 22, 1956)

Out Our Way (August 22-23, 1924)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Nemi

Yes Nemi, books may persist, but without support some libraries are closing and that is one of the shittiest things I can think of (barring actual loss of life tragedies).

Monty

Mike du Jour

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac gives you the chills of youth.

The Creeps will just break your heart.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

Jesus... This is grim as hell. :smith:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Jesus... This is grim as hell. :smith:

And so gallant and valiant!

e. VVVV Bravo!

Kennel fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 20, 2014

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Cul-de-sac gives you the chills of youth.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiggum posted:

For some reason Rick Detorie has requested that GoComics not run the current One Big Happy strips, so the ones I see there are old ones. The one I posted is the one that's posted there today though. The copyright date is too small for me to read so I don't know when it's originally from.

So I've noticed! Darkgate used to pull OBH from there til that happened. I emailed the person maintaining the site and recommended the creators.com page, since it has the correct date. Didn't know Rick had made that request tho.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

drat those are some fine Hun-faces.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

I am absolutely loving this edit, but then again who wouldn't?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Midnight Moth posted:

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

How much is green Canada-money worth? Since Mahood is a Canuck.

The green ones are twenties, but that's clearly an American greenback. Most Canadian cartoonists draw US currency because all the bills look alike and everybody recognises it from TV and movies anyway. Plus, it's a hell of a lot simpler to draw.

I mean look at this stuff. How are you supposed to represent a transparent plastic window with a hologram embedded in it at newspaper comic sizes? What you want is good, old Predictable Dog Comix.

Pooch Café

Called it, even down to the mailman just looking sort of confused and not particularly emotionally invested in this nonsense.

Ballard Street

This must be Edwin's first time walking any dog, ever.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

don Jaime posted:

And maybe I should add Oh Baby. We've got posters killing themselves over Lester and Holbrook and the Retail strip, why not make their lives complete with non-stop Oh Baby? I am sorely tempted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Do it :twisted:

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 3/20/2003

This is dumb now, Brooke.

What kind of reception can you reasonably expect from proposing out of the blue while sitting on the couch? I mean, I'm not one for cheesy grand gestures, but surely there's some middle ground.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

My Lovely Horse posted:

I mean I wouldn't have called a book bath-resistant of my own volition but as opposed to a Kindle, I gotta admit that. (Leaving outside the issue of how it sucks when you drop your kindle in the bath but then you can buy another one, log in and there are your books.)

You know how you make a Kindle bath-resistant? Ziploc bag.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Yes Nemi, books may persist, but without support some libraries are closing and that is one of the shittiest things I can think of (barring actual loss of life tragedies).

Hey, I used to watch that show!

RandomFerret posted:

I mean look at this stuff. How are you supposed to represent a transparent plastic window with a hologram embedded in it at newspaper comic sizes? What you want is good, old Predictable Dog Comix.

Woah, those notes look huge. How big are they?

Sticky slurpiness? :gonk:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Tiggum posted:

Woah, those notes look huge. How big are they?

Not that big. I like how our twenties look minty fresh now.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

scarycave posted:

That memorial is going to look so loving metal. :rock:

And really, given Finland's military history it wouldn't be inappropriate either.:hist101::hf::black101:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

YES! Nothing beats that feeling of melting your face off, at least for the few seconds before Dill breaks one of them.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

A Story About Locks

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Jim's Journal

The old man is Jim from the future. :ssh: Normally, I'd just say "Season 3", but it's not a very well-explained point, if I'm honest.

Johnny Hazard

She's at least as much of an adrenaline junkie as he is... maybe they really are made for each other, just like Luke and Laura! :allears:

Krazy Kat

:stare: Dang, Ignatz.

Classic Mandrake

The whole reason you tricked the guy into signing with you was because he can throw musclemen around like they were scarecrows, how does trying to fix the outcome seem at all necessary?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Borden posted:

Don't worry. Spiderman is on the case.

Never stop, Borden. Never stop.

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Is it...CANCER? I really hate rooting for cancer...but is it?

It is the star character of this strip after all, along with its partner Existential Despair.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

SubNat posted:

A Story About Locks

Looks like Moomin is about to be recruited into the Dark Brotherhood.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (March 2nd 2007)

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

This must be Edwin's first time walking any dog, ever.

Edwin is the dog.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Amy Carter is Jimmy Carter's kid.

:banjo:

Calvin And Hobbes

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

Just to show how much worse the Bloom County legibility could be, here's the largest size Li'l Abner that GoComics has today.

Liō reaches for the stars.

And Little Dog Lost makes a timely reference.

Hamagic
Jul 2, 2008
God drat Alasaka gets the Funk while I'm stuck in NSA Spying. Time to relocate i guess

Hamagic fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 21, 2014

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/TL7zGOU.jpg :nws:

Some more native boobage there, forgot about that panel. So O'Mara seems to be buying the technobabble so far as it sounds fairly reasonable, but how far can they push the lie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

This strip is like Dr. Seuss on acid. :lsd:

• Locked thread