Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
almighty
Mar 9, 2011
After seeing preencleeve's posts on CW, I'm now extremely happy that I did the right thing by reporting CW's FWEDDIT membership to the directorate. That sort of behavior is a new benchmark for me on shithead conduct standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

ranbo das posted:

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/reprocess-all-the-things/

Well that's one way to slow down the rate people are building supers at.

I'm not that great with numbers, so would someone that is please weigh in on whether it appears CCP did their math right?

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
It wasn't a first time BNI FC. It was a TEST FC and his first time leading a battleship doctrine. This was the second time the battleships were called for, the first being a BNI FC a week or two back. While TEST's SRP went fine, the issue surrounding BNI's is pretty troubling, and hopefully will be sorted out ASAP. The way they do it sounds super frustrating to handle for everyone involved.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ranbo das posted:

Explain your reasoning.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ranbo das posted:

hahahaha no it's not

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Fix Lag posted:

I'm not that great with numbers, so would someone that is please weigh in on whether it appears CCP did their math right?

Well, I'm bad at math, but the changes to the Rorqual and the new compression array for people who don't have Rorquals handy look good. Really, good riddance of this ridiculous reprocessing of rail guns for mineral transport method. With the changes the new compressed minerals will be almost or straight out equal to the best module compression possible right now, as it should be. People who want better module reprocessing now have actually a reason to train scrap metal processing. (Since normal module reprocessing will be reduced quite severly.)

Simplifying the ore batches to an easy to remember and uniform 100 and replacing compression blueprints with a more sensible right click -> compress method are also good ideas.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I may have posted before actually running the numbers myself. Disregard earlier post.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
The pubbie tears are trickling into that refining dev blog thread, who wants to take bets when we get a dinsdale :tinfoil: meltdown?

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

ranbo das posted:

Well that's one way to slow down the rate people are building supers at. DISREGARD THAT

My noob eyes read that as a big nerf to reprocessing in general, so I'd appreciate an explanation as to why I'm wrong on this count.

[Edit] Ah, so it was generally considered to be overpowered? Fair enough.

Delusibeta fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 20, 2014

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

The pubbie tears are trickling into that refining dev blog thread, who wants to take bets when we get a dinsdale :tinfoil: meltdown?

I shouldn't be surprised, but don't those people get that the changes are overall good? Especially industrialists should be rejoicing now, since mineral transport for larger projects is now suddenly a lot easier. Calculating batch sizes is easier, and the amount of minerals has been boosted to offset the sudden loss due to changed refining skills and mechanics. Everything makes more sense now, and no-one loses anything that matters. So why complain? Wasn't a lot of this on the wish list of many industrialists, anyway?

Margaret Thatcher
Jan 2, 2013

by Cowcaster

Deofuta posted:

It wasn't a first time BNI FC. It was a TEST FC and his first time leading a battleship doctrine. This was the second time the battleships were called for, the first being a BNI FC a week or two back. While TEST's SRP went fine, the issue surrounding BNI's is pretty troubling, and hopefully will be sorted out ASAP. The way they do it sounds super frustrating to handle for everyone involved.

In my experience, the issue with BNI SRP is the fact that FCs are never super clear about whether or not the fleet is SRP - meaning newbies, being newbies, do things that get the fleet killed by being overly cautious. They seem to want 3 month old newbies to buy big expensive battleships and continue showing up to fleets that have no SRP and have a chance of getting them killed.

Fun per hour? It's more like fun per 15 minutes - half an hour forming up in the POS, 15 minutes of warping until getting killed by bombers and then the rest of the time spent bugging the FC about SRP. And due to the horrendous lack of communication on the behalf of Brave's leaders, members on the groundfloor have next to no idea why they're continually sacrificing their ships in sov grinds.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Being at work it is a bit hard to go over the number crunching involved with the blog, but at first glance it seems beneficial to just about everyone.

The only part I really dislike is the POS modules magically assuming perfect skills and standings, which means for the low skill training time of anchoring 3 you can skip 200 days of reprocessing skills! Refining taxes are an important part of outpost economics (I think) so giving people an easy way to skip station refining just seems short sighted.

I hope they find a way to add your skills to POS refining, as well as balancing it so that refining yield goes Outpost>POS>Highsec.

The compressing POS module is cool, but just makes the Rorq that much more obsolete, and really in need of that hinted balance pass.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Margaret Thatcher posted:

In my experience, the issue with BNI SRP is the fact that FCs are never super clear about whether or not the fleet is SRP - meaning newbies, being newbies, do things that get the fleet killed by being overly cautious. They seem to want 3 month old newbies to buy big expensive battleships and continue showing up to fleets that have no SRP and have a chance of getting them killed.

Fun per hour? It's more like fun per 15 minutes - half an hour forming up in the POS, 15 minutes of warping until getting killed by bombers and then the rest of the time spent bugging the FC about SRP. And due to the horrendous lack of communication on the behalf of Brave's leaders, members on the groundfloor have next to no idea why they're continually sacrificing their ships in sov grinds.

It's quite cultish. They rely on endless repetition of a couple' dogmas (fun per hour, we're not taking the game seriously, entitlement) to shut down any discussion of their flaws and there is a general mindset of 'Why aren't you happy? Everyone else is having a wonderful time, you must be the problem!' despite the fact that people raise the same issues over and over again.

Margaret Thatcher
Jan 2, 2013

by Cowcaster

Tolth posted:

It's quite cultish. They rely on endless repetition of a couple' dogmas (fun per hour, we're not taking the game seriously, entitlement) to shut down any discussion of their flaws and there is a general mindset of 'Why aren't you happy? Everyone else is having a wonderful time, you must be the problem!' despite the fact that people raise the same issues over and over again.

Imagine the goon propaganda forum, but that being the main form of communication across the alliance. If you're brave enough to go onto their subreddit, you'll see that the almost every other post is a badly photoshopped call to arms.

Margaret Thatcher fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 20, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Delusibeta posted:

My noob eyes read that as a big nerf to reprocessing in general, so I'd appreciate an explanation as to why I'm wrong on this count.

[Edit] Ah, so it was generally considered to be overpowered? Fair enough.

It's a small direct nerf to highsec, and a slightly larger nerf to highsec by virtue of a 0.0 buff. It kicks the poo poo out of lowsec capital producers though.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Won't the decrease to minerals gained from modules also decrease the income of salvagers who sell many of the modules they find off for scrap?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HelloSailorSign posted:

Won't the decrease to minerals gained from modules also decrease the income of salvagers who sell many of the modules they find off for scrap?

On the other hand, if the price for meta 1-3 modules plummets because of this, it will be good for people playing casual PvP: They can buy a shitload of meta 3 stuff for their cheap adventures into getting-blown-up-land. :v:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Riverini, head of EVE News 24, is running for CSM 9 because his CSM 7 and CSM 8 campaigns went oh so well.

I wonder if he'll respond to my questions :allears: (he never replied to questions in his CSM 8 thread).

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4366125#post4366125

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Margaret Thatcher posted:

If you're brave enough to go onto their subreddit

:haw:

And on that note (from: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bravenewbies/comments/20uytm/what_they_fear_most/):

:psypop:

edit: You edited that emphasis on the pun in afterwards!

Hollow Talk fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 20, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The tl;dr on that reprocessing blog is that sov nullsec just got handed a massive advantage in reprocessing yields and 425mm railgun compression (and scrap metal in general) is getting its poo poo pushed in (but, hopefully, will be replaced by new ore compression ratios.) Also the rorq got kinda marginalized with pos compression arrays that work in highsec, but they acknowledged that and said "yeah we are punting on rorqs for now."

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Glory of Arioch posted:

The tl;dr on that reprocessing blog is that sov nullsec just got handed a massive advantage in reprocessing yields and 425mm railgun compression (and scrap metal in general) is getting its poo poo pushed in (but, hopefully, will be replaced by new ore compression ratios.) Also the rorq got kinda marginalized with pos compression arrays that work in highsec, but they acknowledged that and said "yeah we are punting on rorqs for now."

I don't know, on the Eve-O thread there are people honestly suggesting the changes will kill all of nullsec-industry completely.

:allears: posted:

No, this will effectively kill low/null sec industry completely... driving out users of high quantities of high sec minerals, titans/supers will get more expensive relative to build cost (good) but the value of the minerals will go down considerably as supply overwhelms demand... then people will stop mining... then it will all balance... and we'll be right back where we are now value wise (relative to inflation).

Only the playstyle I've trained for and built my entire game around, just got kicked in the balls for zero benefit.

Sounds quite apocalyptic to me. Are you saying this change won't execute all of Eve with a headshot like this guy claims? Remarkable. :v:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

A tier 3 minmatar station with full skills and a 4% implant is now the "perfect" refine, and here's what everything else is in comparison.

50% is a base outpost, conquerable station, or a highsec station.
52% is a highsec POS refinery, tier 1 amarr (or G/C) outpost
53% is a tier 1 minmatar refinery
54% is a low/null POS refinery and tier 2 amarr
57% is a tier 3 amarr or tier 2 minmatar
60% is a tier 3 minmatar

patentmagus
May 19, 2013

Ohhhhhhhh. I confess that I really didn't notice all that cockpit detail. Not unexpected when immersed in a dog fight.

Related awesomeness is that I can play that video into my rift headset.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

patentmagus posted:

Ohhhhhhhh. I confess that I really didn't notice all that cockpit detail. Not unexpected when immersed in a dog fight.

Related awesomeness is that I can play that video into my rift headset.

I think they just upped the fidelity of the aesthetics due to using the new tech from Oculus/Sony.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Libluini posted:

I shouldn't be surprised, but don't those people get that the changes are overall good? Especially industrialists should be rejoicing now, since mineral transport for larger projects is now suddenly a lot easier. Calculating batch sizes is easier, and the amount of minerals has been boosted to offset the sudden loss due to changed refining skills and mechanics. Everything makes more sense now, and no-one loses anything that matters. So why complain? Wasn't a lot of this on the wish list of many industrialists, anyway?

I think its a good change because it sets them up to being able to differentiate between sec areas and make industry more competitive. For the pubbies its some variation of :tinfoil: or :mad: because blue doughnut/goons/you want to push us out of highsec. It looks like they took one of Mynnna's suggestions and tweaked it to what they were looking for. I'll try to find the link to idea post.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The reprocessing fucks newbie salvagers. This makes me angry.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tolth posted:

This song sounds familiar.

Idiot leadership: Check
Bad SRP process: Check
Shouting down smart people in favor of the random idiots: Check

BNI is very quickly turning into TEST.

Margaret Thatcher
Jan 2, 2013

by Cowcaster

Rhymenoserous posted:

This song sounds familiar.

Idiot leadership: Check
Bad SRP process: Check
Shouting down smart people in favor of the random idiots: Check

BNI is very quickly turning into TEST.

Test has always been a better comparison to BNI than Goons. Just think about for it for a second.

Both Test and BNI come from reddit.

Both Test and BNI like to think that they have a pretty care-free approach to sov and pvp.

And most importantly, BNI is being led mainly by Test FCs at the moment.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tolth posted:

They really should have just called it the Jonestown Coalition.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

CainFortea posted:

Explain your logic.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

deadtear posted:

Explain your logic.

The nerf to item reprocessing will cause prices on meta 1-3 items to fall, resulting in a net reduction of the average value of a newbie salvager's cargohold full of rat junk.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Vatek posted:

The nerf to item reprocessing will cause prices on meta 1-3 items to fall, resulting in a net reduction of the average value of a newbie salvager's cargohold full of rat junk.

That's your logic I wanted to see his :mad:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

That was my logic. Less mineral value in mods means less money laying about for newbies to pick up.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Vatek posted:

Who cares about pubbie newbies though? If they're a Goon they're going to get loads of free poo poo and be all cute with their :shobon: that fleetmembers will send them cash or contract them ships. Then they don't have to do trivial things like "reprocess scrap for isk" when they got like 10mil isk from going on an op and trying hard and being :shobon:.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD

Tusen Takk posted:

Who cares about pubbie newbies though? If they're a Goon they're going to get loads of free poo poo and be all cute with their :shobon: that fleetmembers will send them cash or contract them ships. Then they don't have to do trivial things like "reprocess scrap for isk" when they got like 10mil isk from going on an op and trying hard and being :shobon:.

Salvaging is a vital part of a goonwaffe newbie's life cycle as it's one of the only things they can do to actively generate isk for the first couple of weeks. Theta even has a noctis program so they don't have to use crappy salvaging thrashers like I did in the old days.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Zerok posted:

I understand that Groon isn't a lovely feeder corp, but let say you eventually want to fly cap/super cap is it something that can be done in Groon also?

Yes groon actually has a decent amount of weight to throw around for a group their size.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD
Ask argleblargle about flying supercaps in groon!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

If this BNI noob was in GW he'd be a trillionaire within 30 minutes

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.
Regarding the nerf to newbie looting, check this post on the EVE forums: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4366456#post4366456

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

CainFortea posted:

Ninja salvage was the way I made enough money to buy my first cruiser. This makes me sad.

Hollow Talk posted:

:haw:

And on that note (from: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bravenewbies/comments/20uytm/what_they_fear_most/):

:psypop:

edit: You edited that emphasis on the pun in afterwards!

I honestly don't know why you're even still with them hollow, I suppose it's for the entertainment value by now.

• Locked thread