Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Len posted:

This probably doesn't exist but I'm looking for a flaming carriage being drawn by a skeleton horse with a dapper skeleton at the reins.

My players are being taken home in style.
I decided that this needed to exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That owns.

I was gonna make a huge effortpost but imgur is making GBS threads its pants on me right now so I guess not :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Humboldt Squid posted:

I decided that this needed to exist

Thank you. It's everything I wanted it to be.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

No Pun Intended posted:

Eowyn is meant to be disguised as regular rider, this is what makes that whole bit.

This picture raises many questions..

I can only conclude:

(a) All the riders are really, really oblivious
or
(b) She had a quick costume change before fighting the witch king
or
(c) That is the standard uniform for all riders of Rohan :pervert:

The full picture:

Loving her :what: expression.

And another, :nws: because it looks like she ain't even wearing bottoms at all.

In one of the books collecting his art, Frazetta commented that for some reason his Lord of the Rings stuff seriously pissed off Tolkein fans. :v:

Altogether his work hasn't aged well so far as gender depictions goes (sadly still a problem in fantasy art nowadays), but it's still a lot of fun to look at. He had a great way of mixing classical painting with comic book movement and action, and a way of depicting high-impact violence without going overboard. Some good, fairly well-known character pieces (Conan in particular):

(god this is the least subtle imagery ever)

Not Conan:

And sadly like the only one I could find of a woman not an accessory/in distress but not also naked:

Tons of his more actiony stuff have lots of both male and female nudity so aren't good to post here, but I get the feeling he went that route not necessarily to be titillating (though there's still plenty of that) but because you can get a good visceral feel when it's all bare skin and muscles. Plus it's very intuitive to draw if you learned anatomy the traditional way (like any artist ought).

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Wasn't Frazetta self-taught? I think I read somewhere that he never had formal art training and just learned all that badass anatomy himself. What I love best is his inkwork. There's just something amazingly cool, dynamic, and vivid about that sort of classic style of inking.

WuChou
Aug 28, 2002

Cosmic.
Partly. He attended art school as a kid but I seem to recall him saying somewhere he frequently got left to his own devices there with the teacher largely giving pointers and then in his late teens started getting comics work and continued learning on the job from artists there. My favorite story as told by the man himself:

Frank Frazetta posted:

When Ralph (Mayo) took over he pulled me aside and said, “Frank, your stuff is great, but you need to learn some anatomy.” When I was in school with Falanga the emphasis was on feeling, not on the nuts and bolts, so I really didn’t understand what he meant by ‘anatomy.’ So Ralph handed me an anatomy book and when I went home that night I had decided to learn anatomy. I started with page one and copied the entire book – everything in one night, from the skeleton up. I came back the next day like a dumb kid and said, “Thank you very much, I just learned my anatomy.” Of course Ralph fell over and roared with laughter. “Frankie, you silly bastard! I’ve been studying for ten years and I still don’t know anatomy, and you went home and learned it last night?!” But the thing was I had learned an awful lot. I had the ability to absorb things and he saw an improvement in my work right away. It amazed him and that meant a lot to me. From that point on I developed pretty rapidly: I started to do things with figures that made sense. I worked for Mayo and Standard for a few years, doing things like “Looie Laziebones” and all the funny animal stuff.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Some Frazetta galleries: colour | black & white

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
So, I'm looking for a picture for a Dragon Emissary who goes by the Lady in Red. Basically, I'm looking for something like this, only less vampire-y and more fire magic-y:

Help?

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Might be a bit too actiony, a bit too on-the-nose, though it was the first one that sprung to mind.

edit: Maybe also this?

Huszsersvn fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 19, 2014

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Fanart of Jaya Ballard. The official could work too, I just thought it looked a little too Emma Peel for a game of Dragonage.

Not the best picture of Chandra Nalaar, but she looks more like an emissary and less like a murder wizard.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 19, 2014

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I need a four armed bug man with a sword. Bonus points if he has robes, a katana, or is doing any kind of shadowy magic.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

thelazyblank posted:

So, I'm looking for a picture for a Dragon Emissary who goes by the Lady in Red. Basically, I'm looking for something like this, only less vampire-y and more fire magic-y:

Help?

I wish I could find some good pictures of Liz Sherman from Hellboy. These might be close to what you want.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

I need a picture of a high class/wealthy young woman accompanied by a decently sized robot dog.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 19, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Next Angel found.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Stolen from YOSPOS (stolen from rpgnet (stolen from deviantart))

Dagon fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 20, 2014

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Mazed posted:

And another, :nws: because it looks like she ain't even wearing bottoms at all.

To be fair, it was made in the 70s, before pants were invented

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Dagon posted:

No, I think you'll find this is the only World Map you'll ever need:

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I wish I could find some good pictures of Liz Sherman from Hellboy.

If only I could merge all the pictures with Sherman. Thanks, guys!

SpiritOfLenin posted:

I need a picture of a high class/wealthy young woman accompanied by a decently sized robot dog.

Something like this? Bigger dog?

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Dagon posted:

I'm especially fond of "Lion Tribes (For the Proud Warrior Race Guy)," "Tiny Bickering Kingdoms," and "Poncy Knights."

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

thelazyblank posted:

Something like this? Bigger dog?

Yeah, would need a bigger dog.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Wizchine posted:

I'm especially fond of "Lion Tribes (For the Proud Warrior Race Guy)," "Tiny Bickering Kingdoms," and "Poncy Knights."

After seeing this map my friend pitched to me a game called "Incest & Intrigue".

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
A handy guide for designing (terrible) female "armour" in your fantasy games.

all pretty :nws:

http://imgur.com/Ff2Ccrz
http://imgur.com/cJA09eD
http://imgur.com/kW55W48
http://imgur.com/rXIRlwN

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Mar 20, 2014

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Bucnasti posted:

After seeing this map my friend pitched to me a game called "Incest & Intrigue".

"Tiger-Headed Opium Nightmare" and "Volcano Gods Are Dicks" top the list for me.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Bucnasti posted:

Most people just call it Crusader Kings.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I realized what's missing from that map: something Indian.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Shwarma?

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

Dagon posted:

Looks like I found my Dungeon World campaign map. :allears:

Adimeadozen
Apr 6, 2004
Not That Guy

Inverse Icarus posted:

"Tiger-Headed Opium Nightmare" and "Volcano Gods Are Dicks" top the list for me.

I can't get enough "Big Crimey Crapsack" and "Suckmarsh"

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bongo Bill posted:

Tiger-Headed Opium Nightmare not Indian enough?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
The most accurate Pathfinder world map yet. It actually says what you'll find in a location

BlurryMystr
Aug 22, 2005

You're wrong, man. I'm going to fight you on this one.
Clockwork Tsars is legitimately great, I want to play there.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Crotch posted:

Tiger-Headed Opium Nightmare not Indian enough?

Yeah, it's supposed to be D&D rakshasa India (which are nothing like actual Indian folklore rakshasa).

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Bongo Bill posted:

If you mean Native America, then elk tribes has got your back.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Slashrat posted:

The most accurate Pathfinder world map yet. It actually says what you'll find in a location

That is the Pathfinder world, isn't it?

FR fit all that poo poo in half the landmass. :colbert:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
I'm looking for pictures of some cool chariots! Deviantart only shows up ponies and anime and honestly I don't know where else should I look

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

http://killsixbilliondemons.com

REACH HEAVEN BY VIOLENCE

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 21, 2014

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dagon posted:

"In retrospect, calling our land the 'Volcano Gods Are Dicks Islands' was pretty much asking for trouble."

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That reminds me, everybody go read Kill 6 Billion Demons right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
At least give people the link, Tommylain.