Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
Otherwise you can send it to the far east, here.
But like SM said It'd be nice if it could go around Europe some more, no?

:snype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

gently caress Europe, they're officially far worse than new York at this point.

Ship the dorkcam.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

If it's coming to New England, I'll take it too.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

I'm in Michigan, and I'd long given up hope of seeing this thing.

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

Mr. Despair posted:

gently caress mainland Europe, they're officially far worse than new York at this point.

Ship the dorkcam.

FTFY.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
Yay, I'm not the worst anymore!

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

I'd be really interested if it ends up on the westcoast of Canada/US

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Send to the Far South East, I'll shoot the gently caress out of it, and I'm sure all the other goons in SE Asia/Australasia would too.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Where'd the digital crapcam end up?

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
In the trash I hope.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

pseudonordic posted:

Where'd the digital crapcam end up?

Portland is the new new new york.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Ok whoever has the AE-1 send it to VomitOnLino.

Whoever has the shitdigicam, speak up so I can inflict it on someone else (probably rio).

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Mr. Despair posted:

Portland is the new new new york.

The shitcam for fools spent less than 36 hours in Michigan so bump us up the list for the AE1 when it gets back to the states tyvm.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I'm giving Eurogoons one more chance!

Because I'll be in Vienna in less than a month, so either somebody in Europe NOW takes it, or I want it for my visit to Austria.

Then I'll toss it far, far to the east - Japan, Singapore, or Australia.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Finngoon here can pick it up. However, money's tight, so there's probably no shipping further until late April or May.

e: Plus the spring here looks really lovely.

Man_alive
May 6, 2007

<Insert Witty Phrase Here>

Spedman posted:

Send to the Far South East, I'll shoot the gently caress out of it, and I'm sure all the other goons in SE Asia/Australasia would too.

+1-ing this

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
You can't spell failure without U R A
I'm (well, we're) still squatting the camera, just tell me where to ship it and it'll get done. ExecuDork in Vienna, VomitOnLino somewhere on the continent of Asia, another tarpit in Finland, whatever!

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Amok posted:

I'm (well, we're) still squatting the camera, just tell me where to ship it and it'll get done. ExecuDork in Vienna, VomitOnLino somewhere on the continent of Asia, another tarpit in Finland, whatever!

Probably ExecuDork because it's not gonna get anywhere in much less than a month anyways, and he's pretty likely to actually keep it going.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

SoundMonkey posted:

Probably ExecuDork because it's not gonna get anywhere in much less than a month anyways, and he's pretty likely to actually keep it going.

I just chatted a bit with Dorkroom goon "alkanphel" and if the camera gets here say before mid-end April, I could hand it off to him when he visits in early May. Just a thought.
Otherwise let's go ahead with Execudork and Vienna!

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Ok send it to VomitOnLino then. I like his style. Or at least his av. Work out shipping via PM.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
That's cool but I don't have PM. So mail me or something.

manuel (dot) der (dot) kater (at) gmail (dot) com

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
On it like vomit on lino.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Alright, yes, 2-for-1 special in the House of Asia. Send it EAST!

I'll take plenty of pictures in Vienna with other cameras.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
The lovely rear end poo poo cam was supposed to be handed off to me in person by some bland average mr.

but nooooooooooooooo.

:argh:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Whitezombi posted:

The lovely rear end poo poo cam was supposed to be handed off to me in person by some bland average mr.

but nooooooooooooooo.

:argh:

Oh do I need to kick some rear end up in here.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

SoundMonkey posted:

Don't worry, I'll ship it back over to make up for my forgetfulness. :sigh:

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
Mail fuckery. The postal worker I talked to about mailing the AE-1 to glorious Nippon said "oh no all batteries are forbidden in packages going abroad" which is either untrue or loving stupid. Calling the helpline got me a "not sure I'll call you tomorrow after checking with the person in charge." Apparently since it's not explicitly allowed, it might be implicitly forbidden?

Hurglrhg.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Uh, have them check an extra time. I checked the Danish postal service's rules, and they only mention lithium batteries as disallowed, and only when not installed into a device.

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
Yeah, the rules here make a point of underlining that lithium batteries, whether rechargeable or not, are not allowed in mail going abroad. It's obvious that all I need to do is specify that the batteries included are alkaline, not lithium, but if the clerk I'm dealing with decides that "all batteries must be removed" then I'd rather have a definite statement from the customer service department to throw in their face. Blah.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Amok posted:

Yeah, the rules here make a point of underlining that lithium batteries, whether rechargeable or not, are not allowed in mail going abroad. It's obvious that all I need to do is specify that the batteries included are alkaline, not lithium, but if the clerk I'm dealing with decides that "all batteries must be removed" then I'd rather have a definite statement from the customer service department to throw in their face. Blah.

Do they seriously inspect items this closely all the time? Put the battery in a lipstick tube or something. People mail absurd quantities of drugs around the world routinely, surely you're not going to go to jail for concealed-alkaline-with-intent-to-distribute.

Also I want the name and home address of whoever shipped a pallet of worthless Chinese LiPo packs that caught fire and made them make this rule.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

Also I want the name and home address of whoever shipped a pallet of worthless Chinese LiPo packs that caught fire and made them make this rule.

Samsung Consumer Electronics
85 Challenger Road
Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

Samsung Consumer Electronics
85 Challenger Road
Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660

...I probably should have guessed that already.

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
The package is finally in the mail. I will kill the next person who asks me about alkaline batteries.

Samsung reminded me: apparently the European distributor of Samsung products , Intepas, has been selling pirated batteries (and probably other stuff too) as real (either knowingly, or duped by someone up the distribution chain): http://yle.fi/uutiset/yle_reveals_fake_batteries_sold_under_samsung_name_in_finland/6982658

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Amok posted:

The package is finally in the mail. I will kill the next person who asks me about alkaline batteries.

Samsung reminded me: apparently the European distributor of Samsung products , Intepas, has been selling pirated batteries (and probably other stuff too) as real (either knowingly, or duped by someone up the distribution chain): http://yle.fi/uutiset/yle_reveals_fake_batteries_sold_under_samsung_name_in_finland/6982658

It took some time before I could fetch the box from the post office, but I got a package with a certain blue Pelican case and lots of film.
Thanks Amok! Everything appears to be in working order, Camera around the world - the shootening will commence soon!

Edit: Also thanks for the Ortho Pan 2.1 and devving instructions. I'll see if I can get to it!

VomitOnLino fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 16, 2014

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

VomitOnLino posted:

Edit: Also thanks for the Ortho Pan 2.1 and devving instructions. I'll see if I can get to it!

It's a while since I wrote those now and I never tested it properly out myself, actually. The time I suggest might be wrong. So strongly consider doing the development under safelight, with some inspection.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
The downside of this project is standard ~GOON PROJECT~ stuff, like the long, inexplicable delays in places.

The upside is it's awesome, the camera really is going around the world, and for some inexplicable reason it's actually accumulating necessary supplies like batteries and film and now apparently developing materials. loving awesome, guys!

EDIT: VomitOnLino, are you in contact with Alkanphel, is that hand-off still in the works?

Who's next? Is there still anybody in Thailand / other parts of SE Asia? Or on to Australia next?

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 16, 2014

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Who has the idiot poo poo piss digital one?

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

SoundMonkey posted:

Who has the idiot poo poo piss digital one?

SoundMonkey posted:

MrBlandAverage posted:

Don't worry, I'll ship it back over to make up for my forgetfulness. :sigh:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Thank you, sir.

MRBLANDAVERAGE I AM CALLING YOU OUT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I was just poking around back in the early pages of this thread, and to give everyone a sense of the time that's passed, VomitOnLino posted the first reply under my OP and follow-ups. That was on January 31, 2012, and he's just now actually gotten his hands on it. Nearly 25 months - is that a new record?

• Locked thread