Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jim Beaver get out of Priceline.com commercials :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

Well, that's the lesson now, but I'm thinking there's got to be ways to promote better posting instead of just punishing terrible posting.

We could close this thread.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
All I know of House is the one "fight the power" scene, and I'm pretty okay with that all things considered.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The 100 is sort of strange in that you send 98 kids to a radiation infused hellhole earth but don't include a single handheld Geiger counter. Or spacing one of your only doctors with a full roomful of air.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

Aye Doc posted:

Wow, why did everyone hate season 4 of The Sopranos so much?

It does have the worst episode in the series' whole run, but I would say that the real reason is because people thought Season 4 has the least amount of mob action in all six seasons of the show.

A lot of people never really got the Sopranos.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Austrian mook posted:

All I know of House is the one "fight the power" scene, and I'm pretty okay with that all things considered.

I would recommend the two-part One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest homage/ripoff to be some of the finest standalone television drama episodes ever, and you should watch them. (First two eps of season 6.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CPFortest posted:

It does have the worst episode in the series' whole run, but I would say that the real reason is because people thought Season 4 has the least amount of mob action in all six seasons of the show.

A lot of people never really got the Sopranos.

Which one's that one?

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

precision posted:

I would recommend the two-part One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest homage/ripoff to be some of the finest standalone television drama episodes ever, and you should watch them. (First two eps of season 6.)

"Three Stories" is also pretty good.

House is mostly a standard hourlong procedural, but "Three Stories" and the opening of Season 6 are both different (in different ways) and give Hugh Laurie a chance to act the hell out of some pretty good scripts. You can also go in to all three episodes without knowing anything about the show.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

precision posted:

I'll give it a shot, seeing as that's my favorite movie ever.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

zoux posted:

Which one's that one?

I'm guessing he means Christopher, which is wrong because no other episode features Artie's bravery so well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO2wHrT4bMQ

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Austrian mook posted:

Breaking Bad is all in high 9.5 with Ozymandias being a perfect 10. Which season was season 3?
Oh man, look at "Fly".

I liked "Fly" alright.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Jesus, Sirens is absurdly graphic for a USA show.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

DivisionPost posted:

Well, that's the lesson now, but I'm thinking there's got to be ways to promote better posting instead of just punishing terrible posting.

By not cheerleading like a bunch of loving idiots fawning over a a gimmick poster of questionable creativity who is actively making GBS threads in another thread might be a good start. It's one thing to criticise other threads in here, it's something else entirely to basically just be taking the worst elements of live posting a TV programme and playing milquetoast Helldump.

Pathetic.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

By not cheerleading like a bunch of loving idiots fawning over a a gimmick poster of questionable creativity who is actively making GBS threads in another thread might be a good start. It's one thing to criticise other threads in here, it's something else entirely to basically just be taking the worst elements of live posting a TV programme and playing milquetoast Helldump.

Pathetic.

Maybe we should all take a step back and realize we're arguing about tv on an internet forum. We're all a little pathetic.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Attention is still attention, even if its negative.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Pathetic.

I swear you're getting grumpier as the years pass, Joe. What happened? Where did it all go wrong? :smith:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I sat on myself. :(

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 20, 2014

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
I dont like the word milquetoast because it reminds me of melba toast. And both are weird.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There doesn't seem to be a the One Hundred thread so I'll say this here: I hope they find a big book of baby names because future people name their kids some dumbass words.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

I dont like the word milquetoast because it reminds me of melba toast. And both are weird.

What's wrong with melba toast you weirdo?

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

IRQ posted:

What's wrong with melba toast you weirdo?

Hard breads are for people with hard heads. Also my grandma and her friends were only people I've ever known to eat it frequently so it reminds me of old people.

And death.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TV IV Couch Chat: Melba toast reminds us of our mortality.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Death goes nice with sharp cheddar.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just finished season 4 of Breaking Bad and while I knew about the Gus thing, the last shot of the episode. :stare:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

More like :corsair:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Hard breads are for people with hard heads. Also my grandma and her friends were only people I've ever known to eat it frequently so it reminds me of old people.

Are you telling me you don't like those hard pumpernickle cracker chip things? You're missing out brah.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

By not cheerleading like a bunch of loving idiots fawning over a a gimmick poster of questionable creativity who is actively making GBS threads in another thread might be a good start.

I honestly don't see what he did as actively making GBS threads. It may have been worded a bit mean or grumpy at first, but his basic point was absolutely worth making.

Everyone needs to :chillpill:

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

I just finished season 4 of Breaking Bad and while I knew about the Gus thing, the last shot of the episode. :stare:
I will always remember that scene fondly.

Backstory: My wife is incredibly averse to violence (and even suspense). Breaking Bad is one of the few shows where she tried her hardest to set that aside, given all the accolades it was receiving. Her coping mechanism was that whenever "something scary" looked like it was about to happen, she would cover her eyes while I muted the TV and turned on subtitles. I would then proceed to narrate the scene in PG-rated terms.

So yeah, narrating the end of Breaking Bad season 4 was something special:

:v: Yeah, Gus is threatening Hector. He thinks Hector talked to the Feds. He hasn't killed him yet.
:( Hector looks so sad.
:confused: Wait, his expression is changing...
:stare: RAGE. His expression is pure RAGE. He's clicking his bell but it's making no sound and
:supaburn: HOLY poo poo WALT'S BOMB! WALT'S BOMB IS UNDER THE CHAIR AND ATTACHED TO BELL AND IT'S NOT GOING OFF AND :supaburn:
:stare: Ok the bomb went off. We're outside the room. No sign of Gus, but the room looks like it was obliter...
:stonk: WHAT THE HELL?! Gus is walking out and he's fine! How in the...?!
:gonk: Scratch that Gus is NOT fine. GUS IS DEFINITELY NOT FINE :gonk:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While that was surprising, that wasn't the last shot of the episode which had me shocked. I'm talking about the slow zoom in to Walt's planter where you see that its Lilly of the Valley.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Tibeerius posted:

I would then proceed to narrate the scene in PG-rated terms.

So yeah, narrating the end of Breaking Bad season 4 was something special:

This reminds me of the time my dad accidentally bought a season 3 dvd of Scrubs with audio description (aka the blind version). So I spent a week pretending I was blind while binging through.

I will never forget:

Doctor: "These are my machines. MY MACHINES."
Turk: "Whose machines?"
Doctor: "MY MACHINES!"

Narration: Dr. Turk smirks at his joke while Carla looks furiously at him.

I feel like audio description would help the goons in the walking thread immensely.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I understand where RJS is coming from; it's somewhat hypocritical to call for better posts while singing the praises of a poster who exists solely to disrupt threads and start slapfights.

That said, Irish Joe's trolling in the Community thread was loving masterful, and that's coming from someone who thinks his gimmick has run its course.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tonight's episode of Review has been unanimously praised by critics, so tonight's a good night to give it a shot.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

EL BROMANCE posted:

Tonight's episode of Review has been unanimously praised by critics, so tonight's a good night to give it a shot.

They said on episode three poo poo goes off the rails right?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That's the one. It sounds like there'll be callbacks to the first two episodes, but I doubt you need to have seen them. Anticipating this even more than the Community episode tonight!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

EL BROMANCE posted:

That's the one. It sounds like there'll be callbacks to the first two episodes, but I doubt you need to have seen them. Anticipating this even more than the Community episode tonight!

I dunno man Community was great.

But yea, I read some poo poo saying 'yea the first 2 were good but HOLY poo poo EPISODE 3' so I'm amped to see where Daly goes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

They said on episode three poo poo goes off the rails right?

Yeah, that's the one tonight. Also this episode is the first one with James Urbaniak.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yeah, that's the one tonight. Also this episode is the first one with James Urbaniak.

Delightful, Urbaniak is always great.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I dunno man Community was great.

Awesome! Really enjoyed the first one, looking forward to watching in the morning.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

While that was surprising, that wasn't the last shot of the episode which had me shocked. I'm talking about the slow zoom in to Walt's planter where you see that its Lilly of the Valley.
You should report back in again once you finish Ozymandias. :allears:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Party Plane Jones posted:

The 100 is sort of strange in that you send 98 kids to a radiation infused hellhole earth but don't include a single handheld Geiger counter. Or spacing one of your only doctors with a full roomful of air.

Retarded as it was, I think the point was that the kids were the geiger counters; they didn't care about any of those kids because they were all "criminals" and they would have otherwise just shot them into space when they turned 18. Which presents another bizarre set of non-logic, you have an issue with sentencing kids to death, but you're also queasy about killing kids, so you keep them locked up until they reach the legal age of adulthood, at which point it's "okay" to kill them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

raditts posted:

Retarded as it was, I think the point was that the kids were the geiger counters; they didn't care about any of those kids because they were all "criminals" and they would have otherwise just shot them into space when they turned 18. Which presents another bizarre set of non-logic, you have an issue with sentencing kids to death, but you're also queasy about killing kids, so you keep them locked up until they reach the legal age of adulthood, at which point it's "okay" to kill them?

She said they get reevaluated at 18.

• Locked thread