Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
How badly did they make fun of that guy? If it was only a little bit then he's a little too thin skinned, but if its excessive then welp that sucks rear end. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Alexzandvar posted:

You have to remember theres more than just TEST in HERO, there's also N3 reject Nexus fleet which is full of ~elite pvp~ pilots and HONOR who are a bunch of smug idiots who think because we think there full of poo poo it magically makes them awesome. Both Nexus and Honor lost all there space so it's a lot more than TEST who sees this as there big come back tour.

Also one just need to look at Securitas's lovely "GRRGOONS WHY DO U PICK ON US WERE JUST TRYING TO HAVE FUN :saddowns:" to see that HERO doesn't have poo poo for leadership willing to admit they are losing due to incompetence.

Your use of there in place of their makes me want to :barf:.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Artificer posted:

How badly did they make fun of that guy? If it was only a little bit then he's a little too thin skinned, but if its excessive then welp that sucks rear end. :(

From what others and Hollow Talk leaked on how they are treating the newbies I'm guessing they made a lot of fun of him. Any bets on how long HERO is going to hold it together?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

orange juche posted:

Your use of there in place of their makes me want to :barf:.

Seconded. It's really simple to get this right, just loving look it up if you need to.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Apologies for the gently caress ups with my grammar, should proof read my posts better.

Venom Snake fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 21, 2014

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

quote:

New corp mail rules
Sent: 2014.03.20 21:08
To: Brave Newbies Inc.,

Daeralda Thiesant

Under the new rule that we have applied to corp mails,

You are now required to provide a 100 Mil per Month of age of your character as well as a 200 Word apology onto the Subreddit.within 24 hours.

Cost of mail. 100 * 35 months. Tottaling 3.5 billion sent to Brave Newbies Inc

You have 24 hours to comply.

Good Day

~Shadowian
Director of Finance

Ps.. This money will used for SRP & Dojo Fund.

:stare:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

RIP BNI :psyduck:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

This is a joke, right?

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Oh hey a non-serious newbie alliance started trying to be serious look how well this is going.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ edit: BNI :negative:

Xaerael posted:

I made the miner dock up because I shot him with fireworks =(

For about 3 mins, his stream was 10000x better.

You sir, are a goddamn hero.

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

orange juche posted:

This is a joke, right?

Dude, I wish it was.

There's a drama cyno thread on the BNI subreddit if you want to see the laundry airing.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

orange juche posted:

This is a joke, right?

The poop is going to be collected here. Note the username of the OP.

[fake edit] bonus comedy.

quote:

omg I just realized that any alliance in game can read others emails on eve skunk this is poo poo all our moves will be known to others I saw all alliances emails except for goonswarm I guess they don't send in game mails because they have that forum that cost 10 dollars or something... I think the best way to send encrypted in game mails is to send them with a link to our authenticated forums and don't send info in them

:psyduck:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's like HERO is just one massive parody of everything bad about TEST, this is a joke right?

Right?

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
This is TEST's fault. Im not sure and I don't know anyone in TEST or how they act. But I'm sure it is their fault.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Clearly HERO just needs to stand up their own :10bux: paywall forums community so that they, too, can have secure information transfer. :downs:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Deofuta posted:

This is TEST's fault. Im not sure and I don't know anyone in TEST or how they act. But I'm sure it is their fault.

Aren't you in TEST?

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

orange juche posted:

Aren't you in TEST?

He's being facetious.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Gihon at the end of the mail it says the money goes toward dojo fund what's that I presume a training program? BNI refuses to give newbies new ships but says the moneys going toward the SRP program how is BNI still a thing if that's the poo poo that's going on in there.

I wish this was a joke but from everything else that's been leaked here that doesn't seem to be the case.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The correct response to a demand for payment like that is to contact the nearest Goon diplo to arrange for a blackops hotdrop type awox on the next BNI leadership owned capital and then drop corp... after delivering a big "gently caress you" via alliance chat.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

So, I'm going to create my character tomorrow and apply. Could anyone throw me a trial account link to share the PLEX? Would be nice to start with more than 5 ISK.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Thrasophius posted:

Gihon at the end of the mail it says the money goes toward dojo fund what's that I presume a training program? BNI refuses to give newbies new ships but says the moneys going toward the SRP program how is BNI still a thing if that's the poo poo that's going on in there.

I wish this was a joke but from everything else that's been leaked here that doesn't seem to be the case.

The corp mail is real. However, I am 99% sure that it's a joke/troll.

And frankly, the stuff that's not an obvious troll is even funnier.

quote:

If you are going to QUIT, QUIT!!!

NOONE CARES OR WANTS TO HEAR YOUR SAD STORIES AND JUSTIFICATIONS ABOUT WHY YOU WANT TO BASICALLY QUIT.

If you are space poor, fly to a hub and buy a plex or two then sell it in game for isk....

Or the alliance cap building program ... where builders issue bids on how cheaply they can build a cap for you. Reddit libertarians at their finest.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 21, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Thrasophius posted:

What frigates do you suggest would actually have a change against anything all the other groups are throwing against them?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

goodness posted:

What frigates do you suggest would actually have a change against anything all the other groups are throwing against them?

The Navy Auguors HERO has used are actually pretty drat effective VS our harpies, but so far HERO hasn't fielded an FC able to beat us.

HERO has a leadership problem that's hamstringing any chance of them beating us regardless of doctrine.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

ullerrm posted:

Honestly, while I also agree that this is not only a joke but one made at the expense of those who have been trying to read into BNI too much over the past couple days, when I first jumped into their mumble that was literally the advice being given (Buy 2 plex and sell them for enough isk to fund the entire deployment).

After that I spent about an hour talking to them about doing things like Factional Warfare and Incursion running, but it is still something some of them like to throw up.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Deofuta posted:

Honestly, while I also agree that this is not only a joke but one made at the expense of those who have been trying to read into BNI too much over the past couple days, when I first jumped into their mumble that was literally the advice being given (Buy 2 plex and sell them for enough isk to fund the entire deployment).

After that I spent about an hour talking to them about doing things like Factional Warfare and Incursion running, but it is still something some of them like to throw up.

Unless they can learn to deal with bombing runs, two PLEXes isn't going to last them two weeks, much less the time it'll take for them to establish a foothold in Catch.

Something that I haven't seen anyone mention here, btw: In the last alliance meeting, they voted to demote all alliance directors except Lychton and Matias. BRAVE is effectively a dictatorship now.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Deofuta posted:

With no functional SRP and losing fleets constantly to bombs, I'm not sure how ~1.2b is supposed to last the entire deployment. That's only ~8 battleships.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Alexzandvar posted:

The Navy Auguors HERO has used are actually pretty drat effective VS our harpies, but so far HERO hasn't fielded an FC able to beat us.

HERO has a leadership problem that's hamstringing any chance of them beating us regardless of doctrine.

I am relatively new to pvp, would you mind explaining the scenario of Augorors vs. a Harpy Fleet?

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Who knows at this point. The leadership really hates when corpmail and alliancemail is sent by non-approved line members.
poo poo like this has been a regular feature of one officer's evemails:

quote:

DO NOT REPLY ALL OR I WILL DESSICATE YOU IN A BATHTUB OF SALT AND WEAR YOU LIKE A NECKLACE AT MARDI GRAS.
DO NOT REPLY ALL OR I WILL RESEARCH A NEW AND EXCITINGLY UNUSUAL WAY TO HAVE YOU KILLED AND THEN DO IT TO MAKE IT REALLY EMBARRASSING.
DO NOT REPLY ALL, OR I WILL RIP OUT YOUR EYEBALLS AND LET YOU LOOSE IN A LIGHTBULB FACTORY.
:wtc:

Yeah, they're probably gonna come out and say it was all an elaborate ruse, but I'm pretty sure the guy meant every word of it when he first sent the mail.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

goodness posted:

I am relatively new to pvp, would you mind explaining the scenario of Augorors vs. a Harpy Fleet?

Augoror navy issues are solid ships with good dps and a fair amount of range which is a perfect counter to harpies, they are also very easy to fly with low skills and not that more expensive than a regular t1 cruiser.

My point was merely that HERO's leadership problem is preventing them from getting ahead, not just there fleet doctrines.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Apparently ANIs are a cool beam ship that I had no idea about before the coalition formed.

Booley posted:

With no functional SRP and losing fleets constantly to bombs, I'm not sure how ~1.2b is supposed to last the entire deployment. That's only ~8 battleships.

Yeah it certainly wouldn't be the way I would have suggested things, much rather that folks fly what they can afford to lose instead of shoveling real cash in.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Holy poo poo, never gonna refer dudes to BNI ever again.

It's a loving video game, and trolling or not, that is bullshit.

It's weird, we are all serious sov business, but we're positively lighthearted next to that kind of poo poo.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 21, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Alexzandvar posted:

Augoror navy issues are solid ships with good dps and a fair amount of range which is a perfect counter to harpies, they are also very easy to fly with low skills and not that more expensive than a regular t1 cruiser.

My point was merely that HERO's leadership problem is preventing them from getting ahead, not just there fleet doctrines.

ANI seem to go about 30km, what are Harpy's range?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

goodness posted:

up to 70+ but the DPS of harpies at extreme range are not always enough to break the tanks of ANI.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Unimpressed posted:

So, I'm going to create my character tomorrow and apply. Could anyone throw me a trial account link to share the PLEX? Would be nice to start with more than 5 ISK.

I normally wouldn't do this but since a PLEX is a PLEX and this derail will only be 2 posts, shoot me an email.

hoogingetorix@gmail.com

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Man, this BNI stuff is a real shame. They used to fill an essential, under-served, niche in the game (one of the reasons they grew so drat quickly) and now it's all starting to look rather toxic. :(

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
It is goofy, but this is what happens when you become TEST 2.0. :thumbsup:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orange juche posted:

Holy poo poo, never gonna refer dudes to BNI ever again.

It's a loving video game, and trolling or not, that is bullshit.

It's weird, we are all serious sov business, but we're positively lighthearted next to that kind of poo poo.

PL/Waffles are "serious business" compared to BNI et al and we're also lighthearted and jovial. We mocked one of our dudes for getting trolled hard by an E-Uni guy, no one is safe from the self deprecating humor.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

ullerrm posted:

Something that I haven't seen anyone mention here, btw: In the last alliance meeting, they voted to demote all alliance directors except Lychton and Matias. BRAVE is effectively a dictatorship now.

Voted? Who voted, those two? Or did the other alliance leaders actually vote themselves out?

This BNI thing gets more insane by the day. This is what happens when you don't understand what makes an alliance (of any kind) successful in Eve. I can't tell whether they're actually getting this from TEST transplants / mentoring, or whether their leadership is just coming from the same mindset, but either way they're so far into a self-reinforcing cycle that the alliance itself is doomed. Even if there are still enough reasonable and motivated people left who can break off and start over, this will drive a lot of actual newbies out of the game.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

goodness posted:

ANIs shoot out to 20km with MF, 40ish with Standard, 70km with Aurora.
Harpies reach out to just shy of 70km with Spike.

So, it's about the same range. However, ANIs do more DPS, with more alpha strike, and they're packing 90k EHP with ganglinks. For a cruiser, they're shockingly sturdy. Assuming that neither side has a huge number advantage, Harpyfleet will struggle to break their tanks at long range, and you're running the risk of getting alphaed at close range.

e:

mikey posted:

Voted? Who voted, those two? Or did the other alliance leaders actually vote themselves out?

They voted themselves out. They're going to remain as a non-binding "council" that advises the two official directors.

To be fair, that's honestly one of the best ways to do it. BRAVE leadership thus far has been executed by a massive council with votes on every key decision, with the usual splay of abstentions / bargaining / etc. involved. It's only worked up until this point because they haven't had anything to lose while living in lowsec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B1jNAcn9CZ1SDseaArW8TUcQIKac-dpZpX6UWXG1ZqM/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

quote:

Motions
Malphas: Remove all Alliance Directors except Lychton and Matias.
Votes: 7 yes, 2 no, 2 abstain
Vote passes

I'm not going to pretend to have an intimate knowledge of how the council operates, but those are the minutes from the meeting in question.

• Locked thread