Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

Al! posted:

tbf that they put up with that should be a strike for them not against them

i would think potential employers would see that and think "they will put up with any old bullshit"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sham bam bamina! posted:

skimmed over this and briefly feared that zach wiener had pulled a john campbell

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Yodzilla posted:

this guy actually owns tho

yeah, though i wish he wouldnt waste his obvious talents on bideo jame music that he has to e-panhandle for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X75bh7QtX0I

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
latest gcw zero update :smith:

quote:

Long overdue Status Update in the past year I’ve learned a lot and also made a lot of mistakes but with this being a new project and a new venture those were bound to happen and I have learned a lot along the way to ensure a lot of them never happen again in the future.

First mistake from day one I should have had PR in place and never been the voice for GCW as it takes away from things I need to get done to ensure product flows out the door and new innovations and developers get onboard to make GCW even better then it currently is.

In the past 5 months a lot of family emergencies and family events have happened in my life I won’t go into major detail on any of them but feel you at least deserve an explanation of as to why I’ve been shipping but not actively commenting.

In October 2013 my wife was diagnosed with cancer and we had to commence treatment to fight it thank the lord we beat it in December 2013.

In late January after my last big update and a huge pause in updates was because my mother-in-law went into an unresponsive coma and eventually passed away on January 27th, 2014. and was buried on Feburary 7th, 2014, other members here have seen the proof as this was an actual fact. I then tried to be there for my wife and help her through her grief.

1st of March, 2014 my wife let me know she was not happy and wanted a life change and wanted me to continue with the project and wished me all the luck.

She moved out of the house to pursue a new life we legally separated, It has been a tough road this last 5 months and I apologize for making you wait while I dealt with all these changes to my family and life.

I have continued to ship consoles even with these events going on and will continue to ship them as I made a commitment and promise to you and the community that now surrounds GCW and the GCW Zero.

The project and company will continue to grow and become even better now as I can commit more time to it as some of the things that prevented me to dedicating more time to it are now not an issue although I wish with all my heart that some of it was still an obstacle.

Now to address other things some people complain about the sticky buttons and d-pad we tried our best to resolve those issues as best we could and for some reason on some consoles it still presents itself as an issue that can be resolved in most cases with silicon lube.

This is a project and as such we tried for perfection but as with any project there are minor flaws and I wish we could have resolved it completely.

We are not a well-funded company like Sony or Nintendo that can do a recall or start over a whole production run when an issue presents itself I wish that was the case because if it was the sticky d-pad/buttons would have never been an issue.

As for warranty delays yes repairs/warranty is slow I admit that but we only have one engineer here in America that addresses each console sent in and once we can grow as a company will bring more on to address this and make the process better.

Next topic I won’t say names but we have a couple people that have a lot of conspiracy theories and assumptions but as they are not part of GCW or its daily operations they have no facts or knowledge and just try to cause a scene and cause discontent with in the project or community.

Finally to address Mr. Justin McDonald and his claims and discontent yes it is my fault he got his shipment late I will admit that but I did work things out to ensure he got the majority of his order.

He would have you believe he is due 100 units that was the case when he made the order and we were not sure of the final price of each unit both wholesale and retail.

This was discussed at length with not only him but Ithic.com, DragonBox.de aka Evil Dragon of Open Pandora and Pyra fame, and finally WraithOfKhan that the final price was more then was initially paid by them for their orders.

Ithic.com and Dragonbox.de both paid the difference and received their shipments and WraithOfKhan agreed to a lower number of units as to which was the amount he paid for with his initial order minus the final price difference.

Justin McDonald is due a total of 4 units plus a KickStarter and an SE unit which equates the price difference from what he paid initial and what the final price actually ended up being. He was already given a prototype unit by QbertAddict awhile back.

BAFELTON please private message me about the one who states they did not get their SE as I have not been contacted via e-mail from anyone stating they didn’t get it. I will verify the information and if that is the case get one out ASAP.

In closing I want to thank you for your patience and understanding and faith in GCW as a company and product. I will be stepping back as the voice of GCW and addressing all the internal things of GCW and a new PR person will be answering your questions in the coming weeks in the comments section and status updates.

kickstarter kills moms and ends marriages

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Nelson MandEULA posted:

yeah, though i wish he wouldnt waste his obvious talents on bideo jame music that he has to e-panhandle for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X75bh7QtX0I

sadly, wasting your talents on video game poo poo is the only way to make money on the internet

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

flyboi posted:

latest gcw zero update :smith:

kickstarter kills moms and ends marriages

as a donor you are partially responsible

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
his life was falling apart around him but he didn't even notice because he was concentrating on his oeuvre.

in this case "oeuvre" means "lovely android handheld piece of garbage"

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nelson MandEULA posted:

his life was falling apart around him but he didn't even notice because he was concentrating on his oeuvre.

in this case "oeuvre" means "lovely android handheld piece of garbage"

it doesn't run android, that might actually be useful. instead its "operating system is OpenDingux"

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS!!!!!!

Dec 26, 2012

OpenDingus

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

01011001 posted:

OpenDingus

same

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nelson MandEULA posted:

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS!!!!!!

"OpenDingux is similar to the original (legacy) Dingux, but not 100% compatible. If older Dingux software doesn't run, please look for a more recent build/port of the same program. "

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
dingux ate my baby :(

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.

Vicas posted:

dingux ate my baby :(

mooooooods

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

hot sauces arrived. not as hot as hoped for but they do have a bit of bite
something is a bit missing from the flavor

also there's a kowloon city book kickstarter
https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1060791749/city-of-darkness-revisited/

also lool
https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1003614822/ponomusic-where-your-soul-rediscovers-music/
enjoy your wedgepods

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

oh, daaamn. kowloon city is super interesting, might have to actually keep an eye on this one?????

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1330754003/bear-simulator/

well i guess if you have a 3D printer that can cut/make molds this would be your next thing
https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/rotomaak/rotomaak-desktop-rotational-casting-machine/

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if it was a translation of this book id be excited:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

99% invisible had a p decent podcast on kowloon city

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Al! posted:

if it was a translation of this book id be excited:

nice chip mask-- wait whaa

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mido posted:

nice chip mask-- wait whaa

heres a semi translated version of the cross section i found

http://www.rioleo.org/kowloon/

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662858658/barbarossa-anime-card-game-from-japan

anime ww2 well on the way to that l'il fuhrer stretch goal

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

The game uses the in-game deck-building mechanism that is similar to other deck building games of this style, where each player starts with a small deck of resource cards.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

slappin' hoes leads to enlightenment

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

why does that one nazi girl have bandaids all over her? is that some kawaiiiiiiiiii thing?

also, im the white lady doing cosplay for an anime nazi card game but who wont fully commit so dresses up as a russian instead.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nelson MandEULA posted:

why does that one nazi girl have bandaids all over her? is that some kawaiiiiiiiiii thing?

it's a fetish thing.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
s-s-sugoi pantsu~

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
a "weird horror" "movie" with pizza and ron jeremy https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/772877036/killer-pizza

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2063311638/lets-destroy-the-patriots

Oh that's interesting. I had heard she wasn't planning to do any more of those. Let's see what the artist is saying on Twitter.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Heavy Zed posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2063311638/lets-destroy-the-patriots

Oh that's interesting. I had heard she wasn't planning to do any more of those. Let's see what the artist is saying on Twitter.

the best part is that the only reason they're continuing it is so they can make more youtube videos so that they can get ad revenue and actually get paid for this twice

Daman
Oct 28, 2011
wow, people wanting to make money off of what they make. dastardly. did you know the pebble is being SOLD for A PROFIT too?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Daman posted:

wow, people wanting to make money off of what they make. dastardly. did you know the pebble is being SOLD for A PROFIT too?
these people didn't pay hiimdaisy when they used her comics in their previous youtube videos and she's definitely not a part of or supporting this kickstarter. just because you did a wacky voiceover to someone else's content doesn't mean you made anything.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

remember that one dude that put a dancing banana on a song and then had a huge shitfit when family guy referenced it, as if they owed him 3 trillion dollars because of infringement

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
fan videos of a fan webcomic? i mean that's pretty worthless but that's a dime a dozen on kickstarter, who gives a poo poo?

quote:

Update

Thank you so much for all the support! We've reached 70% of our funding goal in just over the first 24 hours! The entire crew is overwhelmed by your pledges and feedback. You guys are the reason we do this, and we're seriously honored to have such a committed fanbase.

You. Are. Amazing.

oh

:cripes:

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Mar 21, 2014

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

uhhh

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Vicas posted:

the best part is that the only reason they're continuing it is so they can make more youtube videos so that they can get ad revenue and actually get paid for this twice

uggghhh i remember that one group did the persona dubs and they were funny but then they stopped doing them because reasons. is this the same group?

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

remember that one dude that put a dancing banana on a song and then had a huge shitfit when family guy referenced it, as if they owed him 3 trillion dollars because of infringement

the funny coincidence part being that he never paid a dime to the artist who wrote peanut butter jelly time, furthering the spiral

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

johnny five aces???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

hubris.height posted:

the funny coincidence part being that he never paid a dime to the artist who wrote peanut butter jelly time, furthering the spiral

he also didn't pay the dude he stole the dancing banana gif from either

• Locked thread