Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soundtrack To Mary
Nov 12, 2007

ZOMBY WOOF
Hopefully this'll work in the opposite direction.

There's this one song that I really like called "Greatest Hits". It was released in early to mid-2012, and I can't remember the name of the band.

HALP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Soundtrack To Mary posted:

Hopefully this'll work in the opposite direction.

There's this one song that I really like called "Greatest Hits". It was released in early to mid-2012, and I can't remember the name of the band.

HALP!

Is it the Mystery Jets? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sChrWywUYuE

Soundtrack To Mary
Nov 12, 2007

ZOMBY WOOF

Bingo! I actually found this out just a few minutes later.

Thanks, still.

Maud Moonshine
Nov 6, 2010

I don't know why it never occurred to me before that SA might have a thread like this, but I was browsing archives and saw someone who mentioned that goons had managed to find a song from their childhood that they couldn't remember the lyrics, the artist or the title. I am hoping (though not really expecting) that someone might perform similar magic for me.

It was a nonsense song (the lyrics sounded like - and may have been partially in - French, but weren't entirely in actual French) that was popular in the UK and France in April/May/June time in 2001. Before you ask, no it wasn't The Numa Numa Song or Las Ketchup. I think it came before both of those, but I can't be 100% sure of that. It was certainly a similar concept.

Sadly, I remember absolutely nothing else useful about it, only that my friend made up a dance routine to it, it was played to death during the six weeks of my French exchange (in both Lyon and Kent) and it made an unexpected return during my battlefields trip to Belgium the following year because some boys bought a CD of it.

I will be beyond impressed if anyone can make sense of this vague-rear end description.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Maud Moonshine posted:

I don't know why it never occurred to me before that SA might have a thread like this, but I was browsing archives and saw someone who mentioned that goons had managed to find a song from their childhood that they couldn't remember the lyrics, the artist or the title. I am hoping (though not really expecting) that someone might perform similar magic for me.

It was a nonsense song (the lyrics sounded like - and may have been partially in - French, but weren't entirely in actual French) that was popular in the UK and France in April/May/June time in 2001. Before you ask, no it wasn't The Numa Numa Song or Las Ketchup. I think it came before both of those, but I can't be 100% sure of that. It was certainly a similar concept.

Sadly, I remember absolutely nothing else useful about it, only that my friend made up a dance routine to it, it was played to death during the six weeks of my French exchange (in both Lyon and Kent) and it made an unexpected return during my battlefields trip to Belgium the following year because some boys bought a CD of it.

I will be beyond impressed if anyone can make sense of this vague-rear end description.

If it was a genuine hit it should be trivial to find: http://www.officialcharts.com/archive-chart/_/1/2001/

But, uhh, you don't happen to be thinking of Christina Aguilera & co.'s cover of Lady Marmalade off the Moulin Rouge soundtrack?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I overheard a song on the radio today, maybe you guys can help me identify it.

Techno/house. Super heavy sax part in the song, the guy/synth was wailing on it. There were vocals but I couldn't really make out the words -- "Save me" maybe. It was on a German dance satellite radio station.

Definitely not Mr. Saxobeat or this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjpMXiWVwC0

e.
Or that Moldovan Eurovision song.

e2.
Nevermind it was this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6vSf0cA9qY

:downs:

unlimited shrimp fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 24, 2014

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I've been having trouble finding the title and artist because I don't speak any French and wasn't alive when it was released. 60's French Pop-rock but not yé-yé, so no luck there. Phonetically searching for lyrics has turned up amusing but unhelpful results.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Heard this on Canadian radio, lyrics aren't online but found a couple people tweeting snippets to confirm it's a real song.
It's R&B/hip hip, has easy piano-synth backing,

Chorus sung by same single dude each time, goes:
"Hey girl... how you doing...baby won't you come on over. Ooh I wanna give it to ya, touch your body in all the right places."
"Baby you're a good girl, you're a good girl... you're good"

Between the above it rotates different guys rapping about the chick getting all up on it.
I think the song may be called Good Girl, but that's no help apparently.

Pweller fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 26, 2014

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone know the song in the background of this part in South Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6UzwYIdkI0
I know that it's a cover of some 80s song which I remember hearing in Vice City

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Fat Care-Bear posted:

I know that it's a cover of some 80s song which I remember hearing in Vice City

Gary Numan - Cars

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rufus Ping posted:

Gary Numan - Cars
Thanks!

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
This is a real longshot I think, but here goes.

I'm looking for a song from a 60s or 70s bollywood film but have no idea of the title. I've seen the video on youtube but it was way back in the day. The video features a dude in a gold vest and boots singing and eventually playing the sax. It's a pretty funky song and features lots of sax from what I remember. Got nothing else.

Crackmaster
Feb 6, 2004

Network42 posted:

This is a real longshot I think, but here goes.

I'm looking for a song from a 60s or 70s bollywood film but have no idea of the title. I've seen the video on youtube but it was way back in the day. The video features a dude in a gold vest and boots singing and eventually playing the sax. It's a pretty funky song and features lots of sax from what I remember. Got nothing else.

I'm going to guess Solla Solla Enna Perumai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWpABztwc3s

Another Youtube video says the clip is from Ellam Inba Mayyam. The film is apparently from 1981, but with the gold vest, gold boots, and saxophone I can only assume it's the one you're after.

GreenMountainGringo
Apr 29, 2006

Does anyone know what the song is at the end of this episode of The Best Show on WFMU? It starts at about 03:30:35. I've tried googling what lyrics I could understand with no success.

http://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=33606&archive=56766

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

GreenMountainGringo posted:

Does anyone know what the song is at the end of this episode of The Best Show on WFMU? It starts at about 03:30:35. I've tried googling what lyrics I could understand with no success.

http://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=33606&archive=56766

Soundhound says it is The Painter by Hookfoot.

GreenMountainGringo
Apr 29, 2006

Paper With Lines posted:

Soundhound says it is The Painter by Hookfoot.

Thanks!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

paco650 posted:

I've been having trouble finding the title and artist because I don't speak any French and wasn't alive when it was released. 60's French Pop-rock but not yé-yé, so no luck there. Phonetically searching for lyrics has turned up amusing but unhelpful results.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Spent a while on this with my execrable french, trying to google snippets of the lyrics without much luck. I'm reasonably confident that 'de la noir de soir', chantois, semblable, flambeau, and tombeau are all in there but the only songs that turn up with various combinations of those words definitely aren't it.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
This has been pissing me off for days.

There is a semi heavy metal song with a female lead singer with a passage from the song being "Fall to your knees! (?) Repent if you please (?)" and something that sort of rhymed with it involving disgrace as a 2nd part to it.

I can only remember the tune of the song and the one passage.

Intense Google searching as told me it was Exciter - Judas priest but that wasn't it at all.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s07PxxIKqIgf Something like this but less lovely

Methanar fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 1, 2014

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
I am going nuts here, trying to remember a song I used to listen to. Unfortunately I only have maddeningly vague clues:

- I think either the song or the band starts with an A or a D. I remember it being alphabetically early on in a playlist on an old computer.
- The band is somewhat stylistically similar to AFI I think, because I used to confuse the two of them.
- I could have sworn it was either part of a movie soundtrack, or used as part of a theatrical clip for said movie. The movie involved high school students, and a yellow school bus overturning at one point with a few 'normal' people inside while it's being swarmed and chased after by different students. I thought the song might have been from The Faculty, but it's not.
- The lyrics involve a general theme of running away in desperation for survival, like being chased by someone/something, but despite that it's a pretty upbeat vibe to the song.
- Kind of a power chord-y, alt rock type song from the late 90s, possibly very early 2000s.

If I could only remember lyrics I'm sure I could track the song down but as it is I've been frustrated for the past 24 hours by this.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated, especially if you can think of a movie that fits the description!

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Methanar posted:

Intense Google searching as told me it was Exciter - Judas priest but that wasn't it at all.

Just to rule it out, it wasn't a cover? Hellion could fit the bill, but I'm gonna guess it's unlikely.
EDIT: "wasn't it at all" probably means you've ruled out cover versions already. I'm bad and dumb, sorry.

DroneRiff fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 1, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Help. There's this song, it played in a movie I saw a few years ago. I thought it was Daniel Johnston but none of the songs I've found by him on youtube seems to ring a bell.

It starts out with the lyrics "If/Will I hold/find you" and it was this quiet very soulful song. I'm fairly sure the artist name was like <insert regular full name> and the somethings. I know it's not a lot to go on but I got that tiny bit at the start stuck in my head and it's driving me crazy. I think it went like "if i hold you will you <something>" Edit: scratch that it was like If I something something something, Will I die, cold and tired (? to that last bit, not 100% sure) and then the voice went really like, soulful. GAH!

HELP! :saddowns: I definitely heard it in some movie around 2006-2007 maybe. I thought it was in Mr.Brooks but that wasn't it.

Trier fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 1, 2014

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

Trier posted:

Help. There's this song, it played in a movie I saw a few years ago. I thought it was Daniel Johnston but none of the songs I've found by him on youtube seems to ring a bell.

It starts out with the lyrics "If/Will I hold/find you" and it was this quiet very soulful song. I'm fairly sure the artist name was like <insert regular full name> and the somethings. I know it's not a lot to go on but I got that tiny bit at the start stuck in my head and it's driving me crazy. I think it went like "if i hold you will you <something>" Edit: scratch that it was like If I something something something, Will I die, cold and tired (? to that last bit, not 100% sure) and then the voice went really like, soulful. GAH!

HELP! :saddowns: I definitely heard it in some movie around 2006-2007 maybe. I thought it was in Mr.Brooks but that wasn't it.

I'm gonna guess it's Hope There’s Someone by Antony and The Johnsons. Your lyrics are close, the name fits and he's got a pretty dang soulful voice.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

Tenterhooks posted:

I'm gonna guess it's Hope There’s Someone by Antony and The Johnsons. Your lyrics are close, the name fits and he's got a pretty dang soulful voice.

YES! YES YES YES YES! Oh god, Thank you so much. I thought I was never gonna find it.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Not a song, but an album cover. This is for a friend, so I don't have a lot of details. Album cover is a man (probably a photo) possibly wearing a pageboy hat. He is facing forward and is reaching towards the camera. His face is out of focus and there is a tattoo of a star or something like that on his hand.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

I'm looking for a specific live version of "Whipping Post" by the Allman Brothers. I heard it about 8 months ago on Classic Vinyl on Sirus XM. My memories of it are a little fuzzy, but it had long sax solo and long guitar solos. I believe it was very long (longer than 10 minutes).

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 3, 2014

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pweller posted:

Heard this on Canadian radio, lyrics aren't online but found a couple people tweeting snippets to confirm it's a real song.
It's R&B/hip hip, has easy piano-synth backing,

Chorus sung by same single dude each time, goes:
"Hey girl... how you doing...baby won't you come on over. Ooh I wanna give it to ya, touch your body in all the right places."
"Baby you're a good girl, you're a good girl... you're good"

Between the above it rotates different guys rapping about the chick getting all up on it.
I think the song may be called Good Girl, but that's no help apparently.

It's one of two things, I believe:

"Hold On We're Going Home" By Drake and Majid Jordan

"Blurred Lines" By Robin Thicke (I believe there might be a remix with some rap verses on it but I might be off)

Edit: Almost positive it's Drake.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
So there's this one song I've used every method I can think of try and find again for a while. I swear it feels like the name of it and its artist are right on the tip of my tongue, but I can't get either to actually materialize for anything and it is driving me nuts.

The song features lyrics that go something like "am I burnin' / am I on fire / am I walkin' / on a highwire / as the fire / goes higher and higher" and has a tune eerily similar to that of the first two minutes of "Good Moanin'" by Dead Meadow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrmrwF4aUW0

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Livin' on a Highwire by Lemonademouth? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJSnMa7Jzmo

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Reminds me a little of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3CfvXnawOo

DocMcgillicuddy
Jul 24, 2005

Stop! You need a new routine you've been on this one for almost a month man.
Anyone know the name of the song or the artist in this video? Shazam aint doin poo poo for me here...

DocMcgillicuddy fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 6, 2014

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
There's a song that I've been hearing on the radio recently and I never catch the name. It starts with whistling, and part of the hook is (I believe, I may be mishearing it) "And I'm feeling, I'm feeling so good! Here we go!"

EDIT: Found it. The Walker by Fitz and the Tantrums. Lyrics were actually "I need it, I need it so go!"

Iron Chef Ramen fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 6, 2014

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
I was listening to the Clash's "Should I Stay or Should I Go" on Pandora yesterday, and I remembered hearing a version of it when I was a kid that had Mick Jones saying "Bless you!" after the high-pitched "woo!" samples in the intro that sound like sneezes.

Like:

*Woo!*
MJ: Bless you!
*Woo!*
*Woo!*
*Woo!*
MJ: Bless...you!

The Pandora/album (Combat Rock) version doesn't have that in it, so where would I find the version that does?

Captain Frigate
Apr 30, 2007

you cant have it, you dont have nuff teef to chew it
This is probably a long shot, but if anyone could identify the song that starts at about 16:50 and goes until about 20:30 in this mix I'd be pretty grateful! I tried using Soundhound/the google app that does the same thing but they haven't found anything and trying to search google for lyrics hasn't been helpful either.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GpRamskzR0&t=88s
Anyone know this song that players over The Starters saying goodbye to Cliff?

I've tried googling all of the lyrics, but I cannot find the name of this song or singer and its annoying me now.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Rabbit Hill posted:

I was listening to the Clash's "Should I Stay or Should I Go" on Pandora yesterday, and I remembered hearing a version of it when I was a kid that had Mick Jones saying "Bless you!" after the high-pitched "woo!" samples in the intro that sound like sneezes.

Like:

*Woo!*
*Woo!*
*Woo!*
*Woo!*
MJ: Bless...you!

The Pandora/album (Combat Rock) version doesn't have that in it, so where would I find the version that does?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPrPNpzLHIk

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Ha, thank you! Listening to the whole song, now I know why I haven't heard it since it was released.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

regulargonzalez posted:

Spent a while on this with my execrable french, trying to google snippets of the lyrics without much luck. I'm reasonably confident that 'de la noir de soir', chantois, semblable, flambeau, and tombeau are all in there but the only songs that turn up with various combinations of those words definitely aren't it.

Thanks for trying! I'll keep at it with the googling, but who knows?

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello

paco650 posted:

Thanks for trying! I'll keep at it with the googling, but who knows?

My French isn't great but I'm pretty sure a couple of the lines are 'lorsque tu est loins de moi' and 'je veux te retrouver, reviens, reviens vers moi', but both of those aren't giving me anything on Google so far :(

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

There's a song I'd heard on one of my local stations for a while now but I could never get a hold on the artist. It had lots of piano, despite being on a classic rock station. All I can remember of the lyrics was a small bit that went something like "I never dreamed, I never thought..." or maybe it was "I never thought, I never knew...", my memory's really fuzzy, but I've always wanted to know what the song was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
We are desperate for help to identify INCREDIBLY SHORT snippets of music for a Trivia contest.

The thread is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3608793

You have to join us on IRC to help, the channel is #tpmusic. This is very time sensitive. Ignore this post if you're reading this any later than today.