Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NebZ posted:

tried out the brenizer method,

think this is the only way i'm shooting digital now

What lens did you use?

It seem too much PP work to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NebZ
Oct 26, 2005
Eddie would go.

whatever7 posted:

What lens did you use?

It seem too much PP work to me.

used a regular Canon 85mm/1.8 on a 5dMK2

post isn't too bad really, my workflow was pretty much this:

1) lightroom to balance and sync colors, exposures, white balance, etc
2) used a program called "autopano giga" to stitch edited images into a panoramic canvas
3) then photoshop for retouching, minor straightening, and final sharpening

total time per image was probably about 20 - 40 minutes which is a lot by my standards but then again this is the first time i've tried this. i figure if i keep practicing and perfecting both the shooting and post method, i can cut that time in half with a much higher degree of accuracy.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Camels, Yanaka, 2013 by alkanphel, on Flickr

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NebZ posted:

2) used a program called "autopano giga" to stitch edited images into a panoramic canvas

total time per image was probably about 20 - 40 minutes which is a lot by my standards but then again this is the first time i've tried this. i figure if i keep practicing and perfecting both the shooting and post method, i can cut that time in half with a much higher degree of accuracy.

I use to do this alot to shot panorama (its basically the same process, you need manual focus, manual exposure, manual white balance; shoot a blank in the beginning to separate the group of photos etc etc) I have simplified the process to have dedicated buttons to lock the exposure; and use Photoshop CS5 to do stitching only. I even assign hotkey to photomerge function. Still I feel the process is too taxing and hasn't shot any panorama lately.

I am thinking about getting a eye-fi card and a 8" Windows tablet to do the stitching on the fly. Maybe this will ignite my passion for "stitching photography" again.

Tony Two Bapes
Mar 30, 2009

flour by PC-P, on Flickr

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
some not too interesting stuff from my last roll of film, but i feel compelled to :justpost:

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

P1010622 by lwmyers, on Flickr

P1010598 by lwmyers, on Flickr

P1010644 by lwmyers, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Prickly Pear Cactus by alkanphel, on Flickr

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
I've been having a lot of fun with the fisheye lens I picked up recently.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

NebZ posted:

Didn't you do a post about your PP technique a long time ago or was that someone with a similar style? If it was you do you still happen to have it around?

On to photos, I helped a friend who runs a local magazine with a cover shoot. I did a shoot for her two months ago of the founders of the Life is Beautiful festival that came out looking like balls in my opinion, but I think this one came out pretty good. I did not know what the gently caress I was doing and tried really hard to come off like everything I did was super purposeful.

This is a lovely cellphone photo of me taking the cover photo.

And this is the cover photo.

Then I did some individual shots for the interior.

Then I got paid in whiskey because they work for one of the city's biggest alcohol distributors.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Didn't you do a post about your PP technique a long time ago or was that someone with a similar style? If it was you do you still happen to have it around?
I remember this post and found it very informative.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Shinjuku, 2013 by alkanphel, on Flickr

Kanda Surugadai, Tokyo, 2013 by alkanphel, on Flickr

PushingKingston
Feb 25, 2005

What a BEARtiful face I have found in this place that is circling all round the sun.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Some from recently:

Monochrome in Times Square, NYC

Bowery M stop escalator, NYC

Spring in Greenpoint, Brooklyn

Creating a visual catalog of these costumes in Times Square, NYC

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!
At the zoo today I watched a gorilla catch a squirrel and play with it for a half hour. (See male's left hand)

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Tokyo International Forum, Marunouchi, Tokyo, 2013 by alkanphel, on Flickr

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Saint Fu posted:

I remember this post and found it very informative.

Not the exact one I remember but basically the same thing. Thanks!

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Awkward Davies posted:

Some from recently:

Monochrome in Times Square, NYC

Bowery M stop escalator, NYC

Spring in Greenpoint, Brooklyn

Creating a visual catalog of these costumes in Times Square, NYC

Those creeps!

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.

DILLIGAF posted:

At the zoo today I watched a gorilla catch a squirrel and play with it for a half hour. (See male's left hand)

Chimpanzees.

Gorillas are giant cowards most of the time, whereas chimps will eagerly torture the poo poo out of any poor animal that they can catch.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!
I was bored and played in the garden today

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Geektox fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 30, 2014

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Playing with digital again for the first time in months. Film didn't cost me enough so I bought a new camera!

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Woke up this morning at 6am to do some street shooting downtown. Ran into an event called the Bubble Run. Took like 150 photos of the event and hated all of them. Ended up with a couple from before and after I didn't hate completely, though.

On an unrelated note, the new flickr sharing tool sucks.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

5D2 + VSCO for Lightroom = :allears:

Druckman
Apr 9, 2007

Prince Behind Glass

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Took like 150 photos of the event and hated all of them. Ended up with a couple from before and after I didn't hate completely, though.
Ha, I know the feeling.

Here's a pair from a day at the beach.

Druckman fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 31, 2014

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Tinosaurs + 75-300mm Nikkor "macro"

I love this ancient battleship of a lens. Also love quarter-machine dinosaurs.

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

John Dounce
Jan 17, 2012

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Our area was hit by an ice storm yesterday, so today after work my wife and I did a little ice walk:

Tony Two Bapes
Mar 30, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.