Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

if you keep on pressing rape charges i'll really give you something to press rape charges about!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Someone explain to me why the league would suspend a player for something a player did before he entered the league. I know the NFL and NCAA colluded against Tarrelle Pryor, but outside of that, when has this been done before?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

smuggler posted:

Someone explain to me why the league would suspend a player for something a player did before he entered the league. I know the NFL and NCAA colluded against Tarrelle Pryor, but outside of that, when has this been done before?

In theory it would be to prevent players from dodging NCAA consequences by declaring for the draft, basically giving them a free pass to violate NCAA rules during their senior year. The NFL has very little incentive to do it except for their close relationship with the NCAA.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

smuggler posted:

Possibility is violation of the leagues code of conduct I suppose. I honestly have no idea.

Didn't roger flat out say he would hold a player accountable for his actions in college?

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

smuggler posted:

"Come to the NFL, where your transgressions, legal and otherwise don't matter in our family-friendly league!"

Is this the image that Roger Goodell has striven painstakingly to create for the NFL in his tenure? The optics of not doing so are awful.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Chip Kelly was seen at Michael Sam's Pro Day. Not sure why we'd be interested in him, he's not really built for a 3-4. Special Teams? :shrug:

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

I just don't think the NFL actually has any power in holding a player to a behavioral agreement that he makes ex post facto wrt to a college transgression. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Lewan at all.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Chip Kelly was seen at Michael Sam's Pro Day. Not sure why we'd be interested in him, he's not really built for a 3-4. Special Teams? :shrug:

At this point we're talking about Michael Sam as a rotational DE/career special teamer. He would fit well as a SAM in the 3-4 but other than that don't expect much.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Well it was the Mizzou pro day so it could have been players who aren't Michael Sam.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Kony?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Or checking out the big receivers for later rounds maybe, Missouri's got a bunch of possibly draftable guys.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Kony, EJ Gaines, the GOAT Henry Josey, L'Damian Washington, Justin Britt, and a bunch of UDFA candidates like noted rad dude Max Copeland

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Pair up Henry Josey with LeSean McCoy, 420 break off big runs errday

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Groucho Marxist posted:

Kony, EJ Gaines, the GOAT Henry Josey, L'Damian Washington, Justin Britt, and a bunch of UDFA candidates like noted rad dude Max Copeland

It's really nice that so many teammates once again showed their support by showing up to Michael Sam's pro day.

nopants
May 29, 2004
I wouldn't be surprised if Kelly was checking out Josey:

Measured in at 5'8 195 at the combine than ran a 4.43 40. Really fast cuts and explosion.

1,160 rushing yards, 8.1 ypc, 9 TD in the Big 12 in 2011 before he got his knee destroyed.

1,160 rushing yards, 6.6 ypc 16 TD in the SEC in 2013 after coming back from getting his knee destroyed.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Zypher posted:

It's really nice that so many teammates once again showed their support by showing up to Michael Sam's pro day.

Haha, so true.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Guess it's Clowney, the Texans just signed Fitzpatrick :smug:

:ughh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

JP Shadrick thinks Teddy had a terrible pro day because you don't want to see a lot of balls on the ground. He also thinks Bortles had an amazing pro day and his overthrows were intentional. :psypop:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

To be fair most of the critiques I've heard have been less about the number of incompletions and more how the ball came out or traveled.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I don't care if the Lions would have to trade up for Watkins, or that they just signed Golden Tate. The dude wants to come play here with a passion and that offense would be NFL Blitz levels of ridiculous.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I don't care if the Lions would have to trade up for Watkins, or that they just signed Golden Tate. The dude wants to come play here with a passion and that offense would be NFL Blitz levels of ridiculous.

Hasn't he been posting photo shops of himself in lots of teams' jerseys? Reading these posts makes me wonder how we keep forgetting the dark Millen years of less than a decade ago.

The Lions have spent a 1st or 2nd on a passing threat like 7 times in the past 10 years it's still nuts to me. They need pass rushers and secondary help - the receiver corps is fine.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Call of Cholula posted:

Hasn't he been posting photo shops of himself in lots of teams' jerseys? Reading these posts makes me wonder how we keep forgetting the dark Millen years of less than a decade ago.

The Lions have spent a 1st or 2nd on a passing threat like 7 times in the past 10 years it's still nuts to me. They need pass rushers and secondary help - the receiver corps is fine.

They should probably draft a CB since they'll likely be able to get their top rated corner for the entire draft and they haven't dropped any first rounders on the back 7 in a bit.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

that would be a real fun offense to watch and would make it more likely that one of those two corners falls to the steelers, so i'm all for it

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions could use better corners, but they've drafted four in the last two years and I don't know if Mayhew will bring in yet another one. People have been mocking them a first-round corner since 2011 and it still hasn't happened. Safety would be cool if they traded down and got Pryor or Clinton-Dix. But my heart wants them to get Watkins.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
I could see Josey as a high-demand UDFA. He's such a capable running back but those injuries have been awful.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

smuggler posted:

Every time I hear of this story it pisses me off. Pryor got hammered for taking cash/selling poo poo or what not, Dez got a full year suspension for lying about having lunch with Deion Sanders, and yet Manziel gets a half-game suspension...against Rice.

One of the most obvious displays of racial discrimination.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well they never proved Manziel did anything IIRC

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Intruder posted:

Guess it's Clowney, the Texans just signed Fitzpatrick :smug:

:ughh:

If Bill O'Brien successfully brings back Fitzmagic I will nominate him for Coach of the Year every year for the remainder of time

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

I could see Josey as a high-demand UDFA. He's such a capable running back but those injuries have been awful.
I think Josey will get drafted. He'll definitely be a Day 3 selection, but he'll get picked.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Adam Muema was a no show at SDSU's pro day today.

:(

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Adam Muema was a no show at SDSU's pro day today.

:(

Was that the guy that had the mental break at the combine and hung out at the airport?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Was that the guy that had the mental break at the combine and hung out at the airport?

Yeah.

I was kind of holding out hope that maybe he'd have someone responsible in his ear knock some sense into him and that he'd show up for the pro day. Instead he just posted this:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I sort of always assumed but now we have proof. Mental illness can turn you into a hipster.

Seriously this is really sad and I hope he gets help soon.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Yeah.

I was kind of holding out hope that maybe he'd have someone responsible in his ear knock some sense into him and that he'd show up for the pro day. Instead he just posted this:

When you're going undercover to stalk John Schneider you probably shouldn't post your disguise on twitter

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Yeah.

I know this sounds sanctimonious (honestly was hoping someone else would say something so I didn't have to be this douche) but just in the interest of public education: unless this is performance art or something the guy is *seriously* mentally ill, it's not a thing you can knock him out of or even one of the mental illnesses where some people can "grit it out" (like, say, OCD). He's bipolar and/or schizophreniform/schizophrenic and someone needs to get him in front of a psychiatrist.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Someone needs to take a baseball bat to the other side of his head to even him out a bit.

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

Intruder posted:

JP Shadrick thinks Teddy had a terrible pro day because you don't want to see a lot of balls on the ground. He also thinks Bortles had an amazing pro day and his overthrows were intentional. :psypop:

And Derek Carr hits 43 of his first 43 throws while dealing with the stomach flu, and NFL Network says "but thats exactly what you're supposed to do on your home turf."

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Yeah.

is crazy as poo poo an intangible? I mean on one hand he does really buy in to what his leader is selling, so that's gotta be positive right?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

John Brown posted:

Every time I hear of this story it pisses me off. Pryor got hammered for taking cash/selling poo poo or what not, Dez got a full year suspension for lying about having lunch with Deion Sanders, and yet Manziel gets a half-game suspension...against Rice.

One of the most obvious displays of racial discrimination.

As terrible as the NCAA is at giving out fair punishments, I don't think Manziel was a case of being white. It was a case of "we think he might have done something wrong but have no proof or any way of proving it but we are going to suspend him anyway". Its less about race and more about school and ability. Cam Newton was cleared after a 20 minute investigation whereas a 2nd string OL will be in limbo for a full season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If anything the NCAA hammers non-star athletes way worse than stars. It's why most stars get slaps on the wrists for violating NCAA rules while the backups are never heard from again.

• Locked thread