Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Reached the first In Your House.
I'd forgotten Savio Vega was introduced via "Fan run in" where he beat down Jarrett and the Roadie.

Also, I still don't understand Aldo Motoya's (the Portuguese Man O' War) headgear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

Also, I still don't understand Aldo Motoya's (the Portuguese Man O' War) headgear.

When he debuted I thought he had some kind of face injury like Brutus Beefcake.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It was fun when the ECW crowd would chant Aldo at Justin Credible and he'd flip everybody off. Chris Candido was a better sport about the Skip chants, he'd do the Barry Horowitz back pat.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
WWE Shark Tank.

Hulk Hogan pitches his meat shoes to the sharks, brother.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Wasn't Credible friends with the Kliq? If so, how did he get such a loving stupid gimmick in WWE?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tato posted:

Wasn't Credible friends with the Kliq? If so, how did he get such a loving stupid gimmick in WWE?

Shawn works in mysterious ways.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Tato posted:

Apparently Vince found out Justin knew another language.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Tato posted:

He carried their bags.

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nes9kwlB2dk

The pitch video for Blackman's Bounties.

It's safe to say, they're really going to need to clean up that language if it is even considered for the WWE Network. Or at least give it a TV-MA rating and show it at 10pm.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DudeDeuce posted:

It's safe to say, they're really going to need to clean up that language if it is even considered for the WWE Network. Or at least give it a TV-MA rating and show it at 10pm.

This is like an Asylum version of Harsh Times

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
It's fake because Blackman doesn't use a single kendo stick in the show.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It was implied with "Get down here and I'll paddle your fat rear end."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DEAR RICHARD posted:

It's fake because Blackman doesn't use a single kendo stick in the show.

He will pull them out like Daniels pulls out appletinis.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Watching the Legends of Wrestling on Canada and I think Pat Patterson might be drunk.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Just looked at some of the related videos in that YouTube link, and I forgot how Blackman supported WWE during the Benoit news coverage, and butted heads a bit with Marc Mero. He's probably deep in Vince's good graces after that.

FortifiedTumor
Aug 4, 2007
Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
This Blackman show seems fabricated as Illinois doesn't have bail bondsmen at all. They aren't legal.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

FortifiedTumor posted:

This Blackman show seems fabricated as Illinois doesn't have bail bondsmen at all. They aren't legal.

He's in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania though. :confused:

FortifiedTumor
Aug 4, 2007
Oh, I was interpreting the CPD and corn fields... Why would the CPD be in Pennsylvania?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

FortifiedTumor posted:

What? How do people make bail? What a horrible law!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

FortifiedTumor posted:

Oh, I was interpreting the CPD and corn fields... Why would the CPD be in Pennsylvania?

Acronyms for police stations aren't like boat names.

FortifiedTumor
Aug 4, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

Acronyms for police stations aren't like boat names.

I meant Chicago Police Department.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

BigRed0427 posted:

Watching ECW Hardcore TV. The wrestling itself isn't very good but there is something charming about it's production values. It looks like the use the exact same corner of the building for all their backstage segments. Also, how come no one ever mentioned that Dave Attell once worked as a interviewer for ECW?

This isn't getting enough attention. What?? What episode is Dave Attell in? I never knew that/realized that before. Weird.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I think that guy is mistaken...the timeline doesn't match up at all, Attell was a NYC comic and writer for SNL in 1993-1995. Perhaps he's mistaking Tod Gordon for Attell or something? How many other bald jewish guys were around in ECW?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Phenix Rising posted:

This isn't getting enough attention. What?? What episode is Dave Attell in? I never knew that/realized that before. Weird.

That was a joke mainly. I forget the name but he was the backstage guy that went Woaaaah! He sounded just like Attell

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010
The early Raws on the Network have shown me that evil Doink was pretty awesome. And Crush wasn't.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

mrbasehart posted:

The early Raws on the Network have shown me that evil Doink was pretty awesome. And Crush wasn't.

Doink made kids cry brah.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I'm sorry if it's been discussed to death but it's so weird being an Xbox user, because you can only see the most recent WWE PPVs in each category, but WCW is wide open spaces for every PPV ever made. As an example, if I want to see a Randy Savage match, I'm much much much better off going to the WCW section on the WWE Network.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

DudeDeuce posted:

Holy poo poo someone gave Steve Blackman a gun! :stonk:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I would watch any show Blackman was in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKSiChEuTng

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

DudeDeuce posted:

I thought you guys were joking about Blackman's Bounties. My favorite part:

Blackman: Open the door or I'll kick it in.
Woman: You got a warrant?
Blackman: Yeah, it's on the bottom of my boot.

Why couldn't he come up with lines like that in his WWE days?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Michael Hayes, calling Lance Storm a stupid kid, and ridiculing him for not wanting his wife and child to be stabbed.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Wrestler Rescue: Yoshi works at a dog rescue and plays with puppies for 3 hours.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

WON/F4W posted:

-- For those wondering why some of the PPVs disappeared on the Network recently, Chris writes: Over the past few days, WWE has been pulling WCW shows from the Network and re-uploading them about a day or so later without the generic music dubbed over themes done by Jimmy Papa, the Texas songwriter who was/is suing WWE. The music affected is everything from the WCW Slam Jam album as well the entrance music for 2 Cold Scorpio and the Freebirds (Badstreet USA and I'm a Freebird and What Was Your Excuse). WWE seems to be going through all the shows with Papa music and restoring it (even WrestleMania X-7, where Michael Hayes entered to Badstreet USA, is currently down). Beach Blast 1993 and Fall Brawl 1993 are two examples of WCW shows that went down and are back up with Papa's music now intact. In addition, several ECW PPVs (including Barely Legal and the last one, Guilty As Charged 2001) were briefly removed from the Network a few days ago and went back up without bleeps over the profanity (which WWE had put in for when the shows aired on the old Classics On Demand channel).

looks like they're removing a lot of the censorship left over from Classics On Demand.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
They're removing Badstreet USA?!! Subscription cancelled.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bard Maddox posted:

they're adding it.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Bard Maddox posted:

Read it again. Those songs were removed for Classics On Demand, and now they're adding them back in for The Network.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I had the overdubbed Scorpio music in my head and now I will never be able to hear it again.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Oh that's way better. Great job WWE.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Now they just need to pay who knows how much for ECW songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

What, are Butthole Surfers really going to sue if Mikey Whipwreck comes out to Pepper?