Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
There's a very rare test pressing of the White Album where you can hear Yoko Ono repeatedly whispering "What is the sound of an apple crying?" in the background of Mother Nature's Son. This is largely thought to be the reason for the animosity between her and McCartney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
Man, that moment in Norwegian Wood where you can hear Harrison rip a massive fart.. Classic Beatles.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

alg posted:

Your image isn't loading, but is this a re-press? Would love to pick that up

I didn't actually have an image in the first place (keep in mind I posted this at the show), but I think it's a repress. They also have copies of From Wisdom to Hate.

No Colored Sands, unfortunately.

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
Sick haul, Doctor Cave... that's such an insanely good album.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

cheapandugly posted:

Sick haul, Doctor Cave... that's such an insanely good album.

Thanks. I have never seen any 2nd hand Swans in my little corner of the world before (neither had the guy who runs the record store), and I had been listening to that album a lot recently so as soon as I saw it I bought it so fast. It's in quite good nick as well.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Friends Are Evil posted:

Gorguts -Obscura (2xLP)

Acquired from their Decibel tour. I don't usually splurge for vinyl at merch booths, but I'll do it for loving Gorguts. Can't wait to spin this.

Hell yeah dude

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Son of a bitch. I was pretty pleased that I didn't want anything from RSD, and now I find out there's a RSD-exclusive printing of Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game: The Soundtrack.

loving hell. Now I have to go out and poo poo.

At least I'll be home visiting my parents so I can do it with my old friends and not have to go out alone but still. Eughhhhhh.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Sockser posted:

Son of a bitch. I was pretty pleased that I didn't want anything from RSD, and now I find out there's a RSD-exclusive printing of Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game: The Soundtrack.

You'll have to get me to stop giving you the biggest noogie on the planet first.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Is there an official list of poo poo yet? I'm told they're releasing the score from Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, but as of the moment it looks like that might be UK only.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

:allears: Slipknot re-issue :allears:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Alright, so the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack and the Cake box set, then.

Still pissed.

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
Got to pick up the Sun Ra, Of Montreal, and Joy Division discs if I see them around.
I'm definitely picking up that Prism picture disc though.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I noticed they're reissuing the first two MGMT albums, which seems silly at least in the case of the first album because it never went out of print. But those of you who wanted a copy of Congratulations without paying an insane price for it are in luck.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Does anyone know if Death Waltz has a distributor in the U.S.?

sodriveme
Jan 21, 2003

No Fist

alg posted:

Does anyone know if Death Waltz has a distributor in the U.S.?

Pretty sure it is http://lightintheattic.net/

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Has anyone who bought that M|O|O|N ep received it yet?

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

CPL593H posted:

"What is the sound of an apple crying?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss0XNOWvzlU

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

CPL593H posted:

"What is the sound of an apple crying?"

Ask Chris Martin. :v:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Sockser posted:

At least I'll be home visiting my parents so I can do it with my old friends and not have to go out alone but still. Eughhhhhh.

I just looked it up and there will be 1200 copies.

Just wait a week or two after RSD and they will be everywhere online, readily available.

Ya big nerd you.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I'm kinda sad that I'll be out of the country for RSD because my local stores do pretty decent promotions on used stuff. Don't really care for any of the RSD releases though.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Did anyone else grab 808s & Heartbreak from Amazon? Mine showed up today and it's amazing. Beautiful packaging, and it sounds so great. Fell in love with the album all over again. :allears:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I want it so much. :(

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I just looked it up and there will be 1200 copies.

Just wait a week or two after RSD and they will be everywhere online, readily available.

Ya big nerd you.

Yes, readily available for disgustingly over inflated prices.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

Yes, readily available for disgustingly over inflated prices.

Those prices plummet within a couple of weeks. Every time.

Unless it's extremely rare, but with 1200 copies I am certain they'll be available at their original price within weeks.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Unless it's extremely rare, but with 1200 copies I am certain they'll be available at their original price within weeks.

1200 is still a fairly small pressing and this just seems like one of those things that its niche audience will fall all over themselves to get. So I'm assuming it's going to stay price gouged. The Scott Pilgrim film soundtrack was originally an RSD thing and I believe pressed in way higher numbers and until the recent reissue the prices for that stayed around 100 dollars.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Is there any way to figure out how many copies of the joy division ep they'll press? Do all stores participating in RSD carry one or two copies of each release or how does that work? That's the only thing I really want and I want to make sure I get it.

Jonny
Dec 31, 2005

You'd have to speak to your local record store. They decide what to order. In my experience, even small record stores will get a couple copies of most releases.

Edit: The Joy Division 12" is a run of 7500 so you shouldn't have to worry.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

1200 is still a fairly small pressing and this just seems like one of those things that its niche audience will fall all over themselves to get. So I'm assuming it's going to stay price gouged. The Scott Pilgrim film soundtrack was originally an RSD thing and I believe pressed in way higher numbers and until the recent reissue the prices for that stayed around 100 dollars.

I guess only time will tell how ruddy right I am about this videogame soundtrack.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I wanted the Blind Melon release last year, right after RSD it was going for like $35. I decided to wait for a bit because of advice like that and now it sells for $60-70. So not always.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

eggsovereasy posted:

I wanted the Blind Melon release last year, right after RSD it was going for like $35. I decided to wait for a bit because of advice like that and now it sells for $60-70. So not always.

Mostly the same experience. The chances of a title going up in value after RSD are much greater than it being offered for less than what it originally sold for. Why take the chance?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
I don't see Pure Moods on the RSD list :colbert:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I really want the RSD reissue of Satanic Panic in the Attic. Of Montreal's site says its limited to 2,000, that should be pretty easy to find right? I'd rather not wait outside for an hour.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Blast Fantasto posted:

I really want the RSD reissue of Satanic Panic in the Attic. Of Montreal's site says its limited to 2,000, that should be pretty easy to find right? I'd rather not wait outside for an hour.

It's one of the general releases, so yeah. I'm always cautious about Polyvinyl releases though because Polyvinyl themselves have incredible sales almost every goddamn month. I'm hoping this doesn't show up on their site two months from now for $20.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Is there something special about the RSD reissue of Satanic Panic in the Attic?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

:ohdear: I just paid $5 extra to get the white version of The Body's new record, that's a first for me. I'll admit, I got suckered in by the limited 300 copies. I may be a sucker, but at least I never bought anything at RSD :iamafag:

If you want to be superficial like me, you better act fast: http://igetrvng.com/shop/i-shall-die-here-special-edition-lp-the-body/

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I wish those guys would stop puttin' out so many goddamn records.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

CPL593H posted:

Is there something special about the RSD reissue of Satanic Panic in the Attic?

7 new tracks, yellow/light blue vinyl, and gatefold artwork.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Snowy posted:

:ohdear: I just paid $5 extra to get the white version of The Body's new record, that's a first for me. I'll admit, I got suckered in by the limited 300 copies. I may be a sucker, but at least I never bought anything at RSD :iamafag:

If you want to be superficial like me, you better act fast: http://igetrvng.com/shop/i-shall-die-here-special-edition-lp-the-body/

I really want this, but I know the US shipping will end me. That, and there are other records I want more at the moment I think...

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I am such a fan of the name and that album art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'm seeing them live in a few hours, should be good!