Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

That's exactly what they are doing. After all, Jamie just spent like 6 days straight in mamook for gulool ja ja.

rip jamie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Double XP (outside Abyssea) this week, plus the free atmas/abyssites for new players, starting lights inside Abyssea, double Skirmish part droprate, double Mog Garden stars/item drops, and some other stuff from now until the version update next Monday. Details here.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Welp guess it's a good of a time as any to grind to 99.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?
So after just getting started in Adoulin, I've unlocked the ability to do WKR. I'm still using sparks gear as a THF and DRG, my only 99s. I've also collected about 100k Bayld from Outer Ra'kaznar (as well as like 5mil just from those drops, which is a nice bonus). Any suggestions on what to do next so I'm useful in groups for AA, Skirmish, Delve? Kind of lost with all the content available to me.

If "level another job" is something I should do, that's fine too. But what?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

G Prestige posted:

So after just getting started in Adoulin, I've unlocked the ability to do WKR. I'm still using sparks gear as a THF and DRG, my only 99s. I've also collected about 100k Bayld from Outer Ra'kaznar (as well as like 5mil just from those drops, which is a nice bonus). Any suggestions on what to do next so I'm useful in groups for AA, Skirmish, Delve? Kind of lost with all the content available to me.

If "level another job" is something I should do, that's fine too. But what?

109 your AF and/or relic gear. Work on skirmish for armor, level whm.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
With THF you'll probably want to do dynamis as well. Either to rack up currency for a relic, or for even more gil!

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?
I have an account with up to WotG. However, I've lost my install discs. What are my options for signing back up? Could anyone help me out with an installer?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

keldegar posted:

I have an account with up to WotG. However, I've lost my install discs. What are my options for signing back up? Could anyone help me out with an installer?

Buy complete edition, download everything.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?

Valle posted:

Buy complete edition, download everything.

If i buy the SoA edition can I apply the free month to an existing account?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Thanks to Jamie for fixing a loan for the last bit so I could get the drat thing done!

Now for the WS trials and the Umbral marrow and the Plutons to finally 119 it!

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Valle posted:

Thanks to Jamie for fixing a loan for the last bit so I could get the drat thing done!

Congratulations

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Thanks to all the cool Salvage-running goons for selling their Alex to me - I have about 13000 to go and will be buying at 10k per Alex for the foreseeable future.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

Thanks to all the cool Salvage-running goons for selling their Alex to me - I have about 13000 to go and will be buying at 10k per Alex for the foreseeable future.

I'll grab as much as i can at or below that price for you, on both fenrir and quetz.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Last minute QoL stuff,, only thing that's new-new is lower merit point cost for AA2/DM2/Zilart2 BCNMs. JSE trading confirmed 3 capes for 1 you want. Can see the prices of things you're selling on the AH at the same time you're inputting the sale price.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Valle posted:

Grats Spharai buddy!

Let me know if you need a trial buddy. I just started Trial 1827: Amorphs x300

Can message Tanag in game. If your playtimes work out maybe we can power em all out together.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Patch notes! Of particular hilarity:

quote:

* The items required to reforge [Relic leg and chest pieces] must be obtained in the obscured domains added to Delve, but due to unforeseen circumstances, players will not be able to enter them as of March 18. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience. We plan to rectify this issue during scheduled maintenance toward the end of the month.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

I'm OK with the fracture being locked out for a little bit - it'll give people a week or two to kill the mobs outside, learn the gimmicks, get access to the new Delve 1-5NM gear (since it seems to be buyable with old plasm) and mezzotint it up/make entry KI (with beads if necessary) for the megaboss runs.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Oh it's fine I just thought it was curious/funny. Not like I'm doing any Delve anytime soon (though I'm working on buying my way into 119).

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Highlights from the new items:

- Qaaxo Harness might have enough stat vomit to finally retire Thaumas Coat
- An all-jobs Treasure Hunter +1 item for the waist slot
- Most everything from this update is item level 117-119

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

Highlights from the new items:

- Qaaxo Harness might have enough stat vomit to finally retire Thaumas Coat
- An all-jobs Treasure Hunter +1 item for the waist slot
- Most everything from this update is item level 117-119

-it doesn't, long live thaumas coat.
-rip thf knife (thf th caps at 8)
-alot of it sucks.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

At least on MNK, targeting Tojil (since they dont have anything tougher on the spreadsheet) Qaaxo body R15 (DA path) beats Thaumas in DPS pretty handily. Anything tougher/more evasive is going to favor the statvomit on Qaaxo even more.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Oh my god. Oh my loving god! How did I not see this until now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh9ECFIvbA0

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?

frodnonnag posted:

-rip thf knife (thf th caps at 8)

Thank loving god.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

G Prestige posted:

Thank loving god.

TH from gear and traits caps at 8 (and can be enhanced to 12 from THF autoattacks and RNG Bounty Shot) so unless/until they make some more TH+ gear you can only get TH7 through traits/hands/belt/feet. At least in Abyssea you can use the atma to hit 8 base instead!

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
April update will have hard mode Tenzen and ouryu (ouryu cometh?) Fights
They're also talking about a inventory bag exclusively for gear you can equip from, as well as merit cap increases.

They also mentioned "job specific weapons"

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

frodnonnag posted:

They also mentioned "job specific weapons"

Super oat crunch
Level 1
Mnk
Damage: +255
Speed +0
Eva +255
Guard +255
H2h +255
All stats +255
iLvl 121

Lolstick
Level 99
RDM
Damage: 3
Speed: 225
Enhances enspell damage +2
iLvl 121

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

528XP, seems about right

PLD WHM BRD SMN GEO RNGx4

arkma
May 30, 2001
I need to ask a favor: Valseur's Ring is up on the auction house and I am dying to get that item. I won't be on for a while, so if anybody could grab that off the AH, I'll pay you back with interest. Thanks!

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

arkma posted:

I need to ask a favor: Valseur's Ring is up on the auction house and I am dying to get that item. I won't be on for a while, so if anybody could grab that off the AH, I'll pay you back with interest. Thanks!

You buy the valseur's ring for 400,000 gil.

Shoot Tanag a tell in game tonight and I'll get it to ya.

arkma
May 30, 2001

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

You buy the valseur's ring for 400,000 gil.

Shoot Tanag a tell in game tonight and I'll get it to ya.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Ok so I'm an idiot and am interested in this game again, but it seems like the only content to really do is delve/skirmish (is that the same thing?) and the new ark angel fights. I'm almost done building an Aegis and finished off an Ochain so I'll be able to handle the ark angels soon enough, but in the mean time I have no idea how to even begin with delve/skirmish. I've looked around at the various wikis and they involve key items and simulcarium and and stones and beads and I just got horribly lost. The good news is that people are shouting that they need paladins every 10 seconds for this stuff, but I don't want to join a group if I then have to immediately leave when we go to do something and I'm locked out.

I've done all the wildskeeper fights and have all those key items, but aside from that I don't even know where to begin, help me goons!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Male of the Century posted:

Ok so I'm an idiot and am interested in this game again, but it seems like the only content to really do is delve/skirmish (is that the same thing?) and the new ark angel fights. I'm almost done building an Aegis and finished off an Ochain so I'll be able to handle the ark angels soon enough, but in the mean time I have no idea how to even begin with delve/skirmish. I've looked around at the various wikis and they involve key items and simulcarium and and stones and beads and I just got horribly lost. The good news is that people are shouting that they need paladins every 10 seconds for this stuff, but I don't want to join a group if I then have to immediately leave when we go to do something and I'm locked out.

I've done all the wildskeeper fights and have all those key items, but aside from that I don't even know where to begin, help me goons!
Skirmish:
Visage (Head) - Determines the zone and the quality of the rewards you get from treasure chests at the end. The higher the visage, the better quality drops you will get.
Torso - Determines how many items you get in the final treasure chest and how long the skirmish is
Legs - Determines how many noetic accessions are in the map (they give bayld reward, obsidian fragments, HP/MP recover, Att/Def buff, etc.)

FYI: The tier's don't have to be matching, either. You can do a 3/5/1 run if you really wanted to! Only the person entering the group needs to build a set, so you don't have to spend a dime if you want to be cheap.

Delve:
One person in the group needs a yggrete rock for the respective fracture area to take everyone in. The beads basically lock out the respective NM from that fracture run and you can use up to 3 beads a run. They are used when you trade in the yggrete rock for the KI to enter the zone.

There are also NM's outside in the areas that have a chance to drop a bead for itself in fracture.

As long as you've made it into SoA, you basically have enough progress to take part in those events. Make sure to take some time and get some form of warp into those areas, so you're not pissing people off as they wait for you. As long as you're anywhere in the zone itself, the game will pull you into the event when it's started.

Skirmish is a pretty friendly pick up pubbie event, so you should be able to win unless your party is stupid beyond belief. Delve is less forgiving and you'll probably wipe if your stunner sucks.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 22, 2014

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Any goon willing to cleave my BRD to 99 for gil? Tired of helping Abyssea parties that go to poo poo once I change out of my DD jobs, figured I'd throw the offer out here first before shouts.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Eight-Six posted:

Any goon willing to cleave my BRD to 99 for gil? Tired of helping Abyssea parties that go to poo poo once I change out of my DD jobs, figured I'd throw the offer out here first before shouts.

Use trust npcs, GoV/FoV manuals and RoE quests. That should get you levels very quickly. Brd has debuff songs and buffs songs to help you level faster. If you rely on just your brd meleeing, it will probably take forever at lower levels till you get better gear options. Just a word to the wise, you will need to get a level 90 or 99 daurdabla before you can really call yourself a good brd. Gjallarhorn helps a lot, especially with ballad's, but daurdabla is game changing for a brd. That is not something you need to worry about till your brd is level 99 and you have all five aoidos' +2'd, and at least the aoidos' necklace.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Gruknor posted:

Use trust npcs, GoV/FoV manuals and RoE quests. That should get you levels very quickly. Brd has debuff songs and buffs songs to help you level faster. If you rely on just your brd meleeing, it will probably take forever at lower levels till you get better gear options. Just a word to the wise, you will need to get a level 90 or 99 daurdabla before you can really call yourself a good brd. Gjallarhorn helps a lot, especially with ballad's, but daurdabla is game changing for a brd. That is not something you need to worry about till your brd is level 99 and you have all five aoidos' +2'd, and at least the aoidos' necklace.

I know how to level, I just don't feel like taking 2-4 weeks to do so for the 9th time, much less for a job that sucks poo poo at DDing even with trusts.

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 24, 2014

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

What level is your BRD and how much are you offering?

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

What level is your BRD and how much are you offering?

35 and 2 million.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Eight-Six posted:

35 and 2 million.

Save your 2 million, you will need it to buy gjallarhorn/daurdabla. Start your own abyssea exp group. That is the fastest way to level for brd. Leveling the way I told you is actually really easy, but requires you to pay attention to what you are doing and have decent gear for meleeing as brd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Rare footage of Elysien saying a positive thing: