Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

seiferguy posted:

It seems like every year, the Raiders try to trade away late round draft picks for a backup QB in hopes of striking gold. It was Matt Flynn last year, Schaub this year, Carson Palmer... oh wait that last one :(

Looks like it's going to be a 6th round pick, so who cares. It's worth it just to kill any ideas about Vick or Sanchez. The Raiders did a 180 on the idea of trading for Schaub after Bridgewater's and Bortles' pro days so you'd think they're not drafting a QB at the 5th pick, which makes me very happy.

With that said, they'll draft JFF and I'll kill myslef in IRL life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

Gerty fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 21, 2014

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I am excited about the Tiquan Underwood hair. I am still mad about Smith, but I am curious if Gettleman is gonna keep trying to get the cheapest players ever for the rest of his stay in Carolina.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
The Texans signed Kendrick Lewis. Good luck with that dudes.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
My Chiefs friends, rejoice, Kendrick Lewis is gone! Signed with the Texans today

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Gotta fill the hole that Ed Reed left with them.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

warcrimes posted:

Looks like it's going to be a 6th round pick, so who cares. It's worth it just to kill any ideas about Vick or Sanchez. The Raiders did a 180 on the idea of trading for Schaub after Bridgewater's and Bortles' pro days so you'd think they're not drafting a QB at the 5th pick, which makes me very happy.

With that said, they'll draft JFF and I'll kill myslef in IRL life.
Unless there's some crazy prospect I'm thinking they'll trade down and pick up some random lesser known guy.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

The Schaub trade is official, and yes it's for a sixth

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Tim McManus ‏@Tim_McManus 41m
Just spoke with two sources close to DeSean. Receiver now believes he will not be back.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

waah posted:

I am excited about the Tiquan Underwood hair. I am still mad about Smith, but I am curious if Gettleman is gonna keep trying to get the cheapest players ever for the rest of his stay in Carolina.

Until he gets the $10mil back from linebackers not on the team any more + the $20mil back from RBs who can't stay healthy (and potentially a chunk of the what, $30mil he has tied up in two DEs?) it's about the only option he has.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Vertical Lime posted:

The Schaub trade is official, and yes it's for a sixth

lol Raiders got ripped

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Homestar Runner posted:

lol Raiders got ripped

Seems pretty fair to me

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Just got a Pro Bowl QB with no guaranteed money for a sixth. Yeeeee!

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Seems pretty fair to me

It's a fine deal, though there's a chance you could have gotten him for nothing was all.

Texans made out really well.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

No Safe Word posted:

It's a fine deal, though there's a chance you could have gotten him for nothing was all.

Texans made out really well.

Free agency means new contract. This way there is no guaranteed money.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Darian Stewart?

Whoever he is he's a Raven.

Don't let him start ever.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Don't worry he's just the signing that allows Ozzie Newsome to pretend he's going BPA instead of need when he drafts Haha Clinton- Dix.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 21, 2014

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
If 2013 turns out to be an anomaly year for Schaub then a 6th is definitely a steal. Honestly this seems like a win win trade to me.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Assuming the most recent QB trades, Smith and Gabbert, set the pick value for a QB than yeah that trade is a steal.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Febreeze posted:

If 2013 turns out to be an anomaly year for Schaub then a 6th is definitely a steal. Honestly this seems like a win win trade to me.
Agreed. A great move by the Raiders (!)

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles
Matt McGloin will beat out Schuab and Bridgewater in training camp for the starting position.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Texans signed Kendrick Lewis

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Tim McManus ‏@Tim_McManus 41m
Just spoke with two sources close to DeSean. Receiver now believes he will not be back.
I don't really know that Maclin is going to be able to replicate DeSean's production. If you're going to trade Jackson why not wait until you get to the trade deadline at least and see if Maclin can hold up? Then you can get Jerry Jones to overpay.

If Foles falls back to earth the Eagles entire success will fall on Shady McCoy carrying the team.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Trade him to the Raiders! Can have Shaub2DeSean every Sunday

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Lance Moore to the Steelers for two years.

Cool, he can take on the 'Old Man' moniker that Cotchery left behind

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Schuab looks like he spent the last 3 months on the couch. Flacco and him should be best buds.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Toymachine posted:

Matt McGloin will beat out Schuab and Bridgewater in training camp for the starting position.

This will unironically 100% happen

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Roasted Donut posted:

Cool, he can take on the 'Old Man' moniker that Cotchery left behind

Jerricho Cotchery is a significantly better Old Man Name though

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

"billy where did you get those werther's originals?"

"gee, old man cotchery's passing them out on his porch ma!"

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Toymachine posted:

Schuab looks like he spent the last 3 months on the couch. Flacco and him should be best buds.
He looks great with a beard, hope he keeps it.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Panthers picked up Joe Webb, presumably because Cam's out for the next few months and they need someone for drills.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Toymachine posted:

Is that him in the Pro Bowl on the screen behind them? No wonder they wanted him so bad :v:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I don't really know that Maclin is going to be able to replicate DeSean's production.

If he gets a bump in production similar to what the other playmakers got in Kelly's system last year, he should come close. It strikes me as a completely unnecessary gamble right now with the team already in a good position to be a playoff contender again. What if Maclin is injured again? Number one receiver Riley Cooper?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

If he gets a bump in production similar to what the other playmakers got in Kelly's system last year, he should come close. It strikes me as a completely unnecessary gamble right now with the team already in a good position to be a playoff contender again. What if Maclin is injured again? Number one receiver Riley Cooper?

To be fair, there are some warning signs like Desean saying he already wants a contract extension and stuff. It's possible that Chip thinks he's going to ham it up again and wants to get rid of him while he can.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

sanchez was just released

rip

e:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-ericallenfb/Jets-Release-QB-Mark-Sanchez/cc0cc80b-021c-4b65-a821-9a041595ad9b

Rex posted:

“I’d like to thank Mark for everything he’s done for this team and me personally,” head coach Rex Ryan said. “We were rookies together and had some early success, becoming the first rookie head coach and quarterback to go to back-to-back championship games. We experienced a lot together and I really appreciate Mark. He’s a great player, a great teammate, and I wish him nothing but the best.”

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 21, 2014

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

RumbleFish posted:

Panthers picked up Joe Webb, presumably because Cam's out for the next few months and they need someone for drills.

He was a receiver last year. He's a good run blocker.

Edit: The Panthers did sign him as QB. By all accounts he is a good guy and a very good athlete, but he really doesn't have a position. He'd be OK as a scout team QB.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/251559741.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Aniki fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 21, 2014

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Vertical Lime posted:

sanchez was just released

rip

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oh and schefter says the jets are signing :vick:

e: they made it official already

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I guess it was obvious with the Sanchez release.

@AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: QB Michael Vick is signing with the New York Jets, per team and league sources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Vertical Lime posted:

oh and schefter says the jets are signing :vick:

e: they made it official already

Oh my God

• Locked thread