Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I'll just ask this here since why not - where is the reimbursement value for the Burst found? It's not on the spreadsheet linked in confluence as far as I could find. Everyone in the reimbursement thread keeps saying value X but I'm not sure where they got that. Not looking for the precise value in case of opsec or whatever just wondering what I am missing and where to find it. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In case anyone cared, in all of Riverini's intelligence he has now made DUST News 24, the DUST 514 counterpart to EVE News 24 which is known for its solid reporting and fact checking.

http://dustnews24.com/

grymwulf
Nov 29, 2013

What? Was it something I said?

Huge_Midget posted:

My :shobon: side really wishes that BNI would dump TEST like a bad habit and join up with Fweddit. They'd have a common Reddit background and wouldn't be burdened by the shitlers in TEST. It makes me sad to think of all those cute newbies having to buy their own ships and getting gouged for it.

Please god no, some of the best fun I've had in fweddit has been fighting BNI

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Best Friends posted:

I'll just ask this here since why not - where is the reimbursement value for the Burst found? It's not on the spreadsheet linked in confluence as far as I could find. Everyone in the reimbursement thread keeps saying value X but I'm not sure where they got that. Not looking for the precise value in case of opsec or whatever just wondering what I am missing and where to find it. Thanks!

It's hidden in the doctrine thread in the war room:

quote:

The vigil, burst, and bantam fit above is eligible for 10mil in reimbursement on strat fleets! Must be broadcast! Applicable to EG/Freedom fleets as well.

If you lost it doing non-harpyfleet things then you're out of luck, there is no peacetime reimbursement for T1 frigates.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Please don't blue the last people in the game who are fun to fight against.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

If your un-reimbursed Burst is a serious hardship, you can probably just :shobon: about it and someone will drop cash on you for another ten. I think the fit is 7m or something, so its pocket change to most folks.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Margaret Thatcher posted:

CFC numbers would absolutely crazy with Brave Newbies though. Goonswarm is currently the largest alliance with 12k members, BRAVE following just behind with 8k members.

I'm not sure whether that would be a good thing or a bad thing.

Probably bad. If anything it'd be a gigantic eternally peaceful place that no one dares poke, with the only way of killing it is for it to fall apart of it's own accord.

Thurin
Jun 24, 2006

Best Friends posted:

Last I checked, bursts are actually not reimbursable, however the skill reqs on a scythe are similar, they are reimbursable, and they work neatly with harpies. If you're tight for money you could alternate flying a scythe and a burst, using the reimbursement money from one to cover the other. If you're a newbie and straight up too broke to afford either post your in game name and I've no doubt you'll be looked after.

Edit: I was wrong and they are reimbursable at 10, apparently.

Thurin fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 21, 2014

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Thurin posted:

Last I checked, bursts are actually not reimbursable, however the skill reqs on a scythe are similar, they are reimbursable, and they work neatly with harpies. If you're tight for money you could alternate flying a scythe and a burst, using the reimbursement money from one to cover the other. If you're a newbie and straight up too broke to afford either post your in game name and I've no doubt you'll be looked after.

You shouldn't be bringing a scythe to a harpy fleet and bursts are in fact reimbursed under eligible circumstances. Stop spreading bad information please.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Vatek posted:

You shouldn't be bringing a scythe to a harpy fleet and bursts are in fact reimbursed under eligible circumstances. Stop spreading bad information please.

Actually, a respectable number of FC's do prefer scythes on harpy fleets. The rep strength is a big deal. It's scimitars that have no business being there.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Vatek posted:

To be completely fair, certain maverick FCs who are ahead of the game sometimes use Scythe logistics in Harpyfleets :v:

(It's a squad thing and NOT a CFC wide thing)

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Bursts are cool, especially for MWD compositions like talwars. MWD scythes are pretty elite when it comes to fitting skills in order to be on top of the fleet.

Thurin
Jun 24, 2006

Vatek posted:

The last harpy fleet I was on (which was a while ago, admittedly, I think formup was in AF0) had a contingent of scythes which actually performed better against our opponents' interceptor-heavy fleets. The bursts are quite flimsy against an opponent who has no trouble tracking them, but they're definitely a super-fun ship with a newbie-friendly skillset.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Thurin posted:

The last harpy fleet I was on (which was a while ago, admittedly, I think formup was in AF0) had a contingent of scythes which actually performed better against our opponents' interceptor-heavy fleets. The bursts are quite flimsy against an opponent who has no trouble tracking them, but they're definitely a super-fun ship with a newbie-friendly skillset.

Bursts are cool and all but I'd really like a T2 Frigate Logi so that I could have some survivability.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

If anyone was seriously talking about making BNI blue, please shut up. Forever. Even if they wanted it, no. It's already apparent their internal organization is thoroughly hosed, and cute newbies don't stay cute. Let them stay a horde of dudes who ship up cheaply, and actually undock to come fight.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

hemophilia posted:

If anyone was seriously talking about making BNI blue, please shut up. Forever. Even if they wanted it, no. It's already apparent their internal organization is thoroughly hosed, and cute newbies don't stay cute. Let them stay a horde of dudes who ship up cheaply, and actually undock to come fight.

I don't think we're going to pay BNI to be their friends. We'll do that for Black Legion but we have standards. Only the classiest hookers for us.

Thurin
Jun 24, 2006

wdarkk posted:

Bursts are cool and all but I'd really like a T2 Frigate Logi so that I could have some survivability.

If they did this it'd be really nice if they did something more interesting than just being a logi frigate with better resists though. They could:
- Remotely repair heat-damaged modules
- Get bonuses to remote sensor boosters and ECCM
- Have enormous bonuses to structure repair modules
- Provide a small resistance bonus to ships they repair
- Come with an inherent bonus to energy vampires allowing them to run their reps at the expense of an engaged opponent.
Something more than being a pocket-sized scimitar would be nice. After all we're going to be getting Tech 3 frigates eventually and if they're like Strategic Cruisers then they'll be able to perform the existing frigate roles to some degree of competence.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!
So apparently this titan:

https://zkillboard.com/detail/37672362/

Got blown up 5 minutes after Chribba handed him the keys.

[2014.03.21 20:13:11] Chribba > cyno confirmed, sending ISK to ***

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Vatek posted:

It's hidden in the doctrine thread in the war room:

Awesome, thanks!

Ashcans posted:

If your un-reimbursed Burst is a serious hardship, you can probably just :shobon: about it and someone will drop cash on you for another ten. I think the fit is 7m or something, so its pocket change to most folks.

I am space poor enough to care about 10 mil but been playing too long to be even remotely justifiably :shobon:

I am pretty bad. Having a great time deploying with Freedom Squad though!

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Hollow Talk posted:

Both of your explanations of course make a lot of sense! I was essentially just wondering whether this is a feasible tactic for BNI in particular, since everything you can sell (relisted or not) has to be hauled in, since JF'ing things into system risks getting your freighter (and cargo) blown up, and since Sendaya doesn't have any manufacturing facilities. This means the relisting becomes a lot more disruptive because there is only so much that can be hauled in by using Blockade Runners etc. and that means the "natural" lower boundary will be significantly above Barleguet level because everything has hauling/shipping costs added on top of its actual buying or manufacturing price. Add to that the extra margins added through relisting, and you get a significantly more expensive market that also has a lower turnover rate since it is hamstrung by the speed of hauling, not by the speed of assembly lines etc.

Everybody can put up contracts. It's also great because contracts have issuer names attached, so in the case of grossly overpriced or outright scammy contracts, you at least know who's trying to screw over corporation or alliance members. That's at least better than the relisting which can happen mostly anonymously and which is much harder to see live while it is happening.

Since you have aptly demonstrated yourself to be a good poster, you will make me very happy if you can follow up with the to-do list below:

a) Contact Alp Khan from GoonWaffe in game at the earliest opportunity
b) Prepare for transition into J4LP (The alliance 'I Whip my Slaves back and forth') under either member corps 'FWEDDIT' or 'Dirt n Glitter' (I will make the arrangements)
c) Continue posting at SA for the foreseeable future so that you are eligible for Goonwaffe line membership at the earliest opportunity

As Uba Stij delicately stated, when you are a member of J4LP, you will pretty much have everything you can have as a member of GoonWaffe. (You can fly with CFC people, share their infrastructure for communication and jump bridges, and you will be blue to them)

Welcome.

almighty fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 21, 2014

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
/pol/ is currently trying to get the support togeather across 4chan to create their own Alliance to compete directly with TEST and Goons.

Will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Alexzandvar posted:

/pol/ is currently trying to get the support togeather across 4chan to create there own Alliance to compete directly with TEST and Goons.

Haven't they tried that before?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Best Friends posted:

Awesome, thanks!

I am space poor enough to care about 10 mil but been playing too long to be even remotely justifiably :shobon:

I am pretty bad. Having a great time deploying with Freedom Squad though!

I am pretty space-poor (I dumped most of my cash into doctrine ships for Freedom, too) but I can still spare the cost of a burst. If you post your killmail I'll send you 10m for it, assuming you didn't lose it ratting or something insane.

I would hope that some of the other Freedom members would lend you a hand even if you are an old hand down on your luck. :patriot:

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
I'd like to do some ~honourable space combat~ at some point against the Harpyfleet - looks like a fun doctrine.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Ashcans posted:

I am pretty space-poor (I dumped most of my cash into doctrine ships for Freedom, too) but I can still spare the cost of a burst. If you post your killmail I'll send you 10m for it, assuming you didn't lose it ratting or something insane.

I would hope that some of the other Freedom members would lend you a hand even if you are an old hand down on your luck. :patriot:

Oh I can totally afford it, I'm fine, thanks though! And I lost it in strat ops. Or, "strat" ops. Either way though I'm good.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

pugnax posted:

I'd like to do some ~honourable space combat~ at some point against the Harpyfleet - looks like a fun doctrine.

If you roll into the Hemin area in something that isn't Ishtars there's a good chance you'll get Harpies in return. It's tremendous fun for all involved.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

vulvamancer posted:

So apparently this titan:

https://zkillboard.com/detail/37672362/

Got blown up 5 minutes after Chribba handed him the keys.

[2014.03.21 20:13:11] Chribba > cyno confirmed, sending ISK to ***

That happens when you have your exit cyno loitering around for a while, and then light the cyno with neutrals in local.

This is why, if possible, you light at least two jumps at once -- that way, if poo poo goes sour, a travel-fit cap can jump again before their session change timer ends. (May not be valid for Ragnaroks, sadly, as their cap regen is really lovely.)

And if you can't do that, then you set up a bookmark that's at the center of the system's sun, and light the cyno there.
And if you can't do that, you jump to a cyno right as it self-destructs, and if you don't appear at the center of the sun, you immediately MWD-align and warp to a safe.
And if you can't do that, you just don't jump solo.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

ullerrm posted:

And if you can't do that, then you set up a bookmark that's at the center of the system's sun, and light the cyno there.

Wait you can go to the center of the sun? When did that become a thing?

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.
Your post just makes me realize that I know jack poo poo about caps. Can you explain the two jumps thing, and the center of the sun thing?

I also don't get the Chribba message, how do those handoffs work exactly?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Also naming your cyno characters stuff like "CynoAlt2" and using them to move yourself solo through lowsec is a great way to make new friends.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Red Crown posted:

If you roll into the Hemin area in something that isn't Ishtars there's a good chance you'll get Harpies in return. It's tremendous fun for all involved.

Yeah, we should probably do some non-ishtar roaming at some point. That said both the Harpies and Ishtars have a similar engagement envelope and we don't usually have more than 20 Ishtars (last time I roamed, I've been pretty inactive the past few weeks). Might actually be a pretty fair fight.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Voyager I posted:

Also naming your cyno characters stuff like "CynoAlt2" and using them to move yourself solo through lowsec is a great way to make new friends.

Now this just screams bad idea, right out of bad idea central. (Are there really people who do this? Maybe I should make a character search next time I'm logged in, just to start a list of possible hunting targets or something.)

woppy71
Sep 10, 2013

by Ralp

Bean Head posted:

Why not? I think it'd be great to have their numbers in our fleets especially if people can handle the :shobon: factor.

E: Not saying the CFC has problems getting numbers in fleet because we don't but still...

Train them up, then turn them loose on TEST.....

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Skuto posted:

Your post just makes me realize that I know jack poo poo about caps. Can you explain the two jumps thing, and the center of the sun thing?

I also don't get the Chribba message, how do those handoffs work exactly?

Explaining the "two jumps" thing:

Jumping to a cyno triggers a session change, just like jumping through a gate. You'll be uncloaked, but nobody will be able to lock you for 30 seconds. This invulnerability is canceled if you activate a module, or do anything considered an intentional movement (double click in space, clicking orbit / keep at range, etc).

Jumping to a cyno consumes 72% of your capacitor. This is the main mechanic that prevents someone from rapidly jumping.

If you are travel fit -- mids full of cap rechargers, lows full of cap power relays -- then it is possible for you to recharge up to 72% and make a second jump before your session change invulnerability timer runs out. If you do this, it won't matter if your first cyno has a HIC waiting at it, because you'll be gone before the HIC can lock you.

(Of course, an even better choice is ensuring that your first cyno is safe.)

Explaining the center of the sun thing:

There's a couple of ways to make a bookmark that is inside a solar system's sun. If you have one of these bookmarks, then you can warp to it; you'll exit warp inside the sun, and then the sun (with its incredibly high mass) will bump you, ejecting your ship out in a random direction at extremely high speed (multiple AU/sec).

If you warp to the bookmark in a cyno ship, and light the cyno immediately upon landing, then your cyno beacon will go up inside the sun while your cyno ship is bumped out. Any ship jumping to the cyno will be bumped out, as will any ship trying to warp to the cyno from inside that system.

Because you're bumped by the sun after you exit warp, you are allowed to activate any module you want while moving at this high speed, including cloaks.

Put it all together, and you'll see why this is one of the safest ways to move caps -- although also one of the slowest.

Explaining buying supercaps using Chribba:

Chribba operates an escrow service. Basically, the buyer and seller negotiate a price, and then agree to use Chribba as an intermediary. How it works 99% of the time is:

* Buyer gives Chribba the isk, plus a small additional fee.
* Buyer, seller, and Chribba meet up at a POS.
* Seller ejects from the ship. Buyer jumps into ship.
* Buyer jumps to his private exit cyno.
* Chribba observes all this, and releases isk to seller.

If the seller tries to renege at any point (kill the buyer, refuse to release the ship, tackle the buyer after he purchases it, etc.) then Chribba gives the money back to the buyer.

For an additional fee, he will directly take possession of your super and sell it for you.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 21, 2014

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Alexzandvar posted:

/pol/ is currently trying to get the support togeather across 4chan to create their own Alliance to compete directly with TEST and Goons.

All it would take to cause a /pol/ based corporation or alliance to failure cascade is for it to come out that someone in leadership is black, jewish, gay, or feminist. That place is Stormfront without registration, and if you thought 4chan was already bad, /pol/ makes the place certifiably worse because they leak all over the place and poison any kind of honest discourse, which is loving hard enough to come by on 4chan as it is.

What I'm saying is they won't even get as far as Gevlon has before interest completely dies or they implode from internal drama relating to their unironic bigotry and fear of any sort of Other.

When Eve discussion crops up on 4chan it's almost always people who are happily in the CFC, PL, or N3 and everybody seems content to poo poo-talk and scoff at any suggestion of 4chan-based alliances.

I'm ashamed I know this much about the internal politics of 4chan, but a /pol/ based eve alliance is so loving impossible and hilarious that I'd almost pitty the people trying to pull it off if I wasn't 100% sure they are among the most repugnant people on the planet.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

hemophilia posted:

All it would take to cause a /pol/ based corporation or alliance to failure cascade is for it to come out that someone in leadership is black, jewish, gay, or feminist. That place is Stormfront without registration, and if you thought 4chan was already bad, /pol/ makes the place certifiably worse because they leak all over the place and poison any kind of honest discourse, which is loving hard enough to come by on 4chan as it is.

What I'm saying is they won't even get as far as Gevlon has before interest completely dies or they implode from internal drama relating to their unironic bigotry and fear of any sort of Other.

When Eve discussion crops up on 4chan it's almost always people who are happily in the CFC, PL, or N3 and everybody seems content to poo poo-talk and scoff at any suggestion of 4chan-based alliances.

I'm ashamed I know this much about the internal politics of 4chan, but a /pol/ based eve alliance is so loving impossible and hilarious that I'd almost pitty the people trying to pull it off if I wasn't 100% sure they are among the most repugnant people on the planet.

Iv tried explaining to them that theres already a pretty diverse spread of 4channers around the entirety of EVE and they aren't going to dump all there corps to join some 4chan crusade.

So far /pol/ is convinced they can convince "The Goyim" to work for them, although they are conflicted on who they hate more TEST or GSF.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

hemophilia posted:

Isn't PL originally a 4chan alliance, as well as Pizza?

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.
Awesome explanation, many thanks. So in this case the buyer jumped to his cyno, got tackled instantly, and Chribba gives the money to the seller because it's not his fault the other guy got tackled at a cyno they're not supposed to know the details of anyhow.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

hemophilia posted:

So effectively if they somehow did manage to hold it together it'd be like the KKK of eve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Skuto posted:

Awesome explanation, many thanks. So in this case the buyer jumped to his cyno, got tackled instantly, and Chribba gives the money to the seller because it's not his fault the other guy got tackled at a cyno they're not supposed to know the details of anyhow.

Exactly. The guy failed Supercap Ownership 101; that's not Chribba's problem, nor is it the seller's problem.

(And he didn't quite get tackled instantly -- he cloaked up where he landed, only to have a HIC land on him in close proximity.)

The Titan pilot posted on reddit, and it's pretty much what you'd expect:

quote:

This was my Rag that died. I owned it for a glorious 30 seconds, and it was amazing. I recommend it to everyone.
Story from my perspective.
Upon purchasing the titan, there were multiple sets of combat probes out in the system so I opted to cyno out.
I had multiple cyno toons in place, and my primary and secondary systems were too active. The system I chose had 2 people and very little activity.
I self-destructed the cyno toon and lit the cyno with 10 seconds left. By the time grid loaded on the titan I saw the broadsword landing... I made a pointless attempt to cloak before I was decloaked and pointed. Then this showed up:
http://i.imgur.com/UbK0xV0.jpg
Best 30 seconds of my life.

• Locked thread