Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

ReidRansom posted:

I wonder what they think judges are supposed to do.

Declare the winner of presidential elections, as long as that winner is a Republican.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ReidRansom posted:

Um, they're supposed to follow the Constitution, specifically the part where it says "No Faggots".

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This guy wants a constitutional amendment against gay marriage.

That would certainly speed along the SCOTUS decision.

quote:

To: GeronL
<>Federal judges need to be put back into their place.<>

That won’t happen until the states return to the senate.

It will take the states themselves to make that happen.

Article V.

12 posted on 3/21/2014 3:33:26 PM by Jacquerie ( Article V.)

quote:

To: Darren McCarty
How do you plan to get the government out of custody issues?

Marriage is integral to civilization. To try to separate government from family law is an anarchist position.

To some extent these laws can be decentralized, but generally, when members of society cannot agree to the basic concepts of family and heterosexual monogamous parents as the ideal for raising children, it is time to part company. It is impossible for these competing ideologies to coexist.

The homosexual marriage issue is a smoke screen. [The real goal is to punish all dissent against homosexual acts including the grooming of children to participate. The fact that all 50 states grant homosexuals rights over children as either foster parents or adoptive parents means the battle is already lost. As homosexuals further pursue children who are now safely protected by their natural parents, war is inevitable. These demons will not be exorcised without much writhing and gnashing of teeth, and probably a great deal of bloodshed.

20 posted on 3/21/2014 4:33:08 PM by unlearner (You will never come to know that which you do not know until you first know that you do not know it.)

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 22, 2014

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Plinkey posted:

:stare:

quote:

To: Oldeconomybuyer
I don’t see how these judges think they have the authority to srike down constitutional amendments??

8 posted on 3/21/2014 3:29:31 PM by JSDude1 (Defeat Hagan, elect a Constutional Conservative: Dr. Greg Brannon!)

JSDude's on the warpath!

quote:

To: Lurking Libertarian

Where does the 10th Amendment fit, in this, say that all that is not granted to the federal government is reserved to the states?? And what about the fact that the States created the Federal government?

I’d say judges have overreached their authority.

Per the 10th, the states SHOULD be supreme in all that is not EXPLICITLY granted to the Federal Gov. in the U.S. Constitution!!

17 posted on Friday, March 21, 2014 4:20:09 PM by JSDude1 (Defeat Hagan, elect a Constutional Conservative: Dr. Greg Brannon!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

To: JSDude1

My other question is WHEN are we going to see one of these state’s governors (backed by a conservative legislature) tell the FEDERAL GOV to go to Hell, when their judges overrule a state Amendment on Marriage?? When are we going to see a state gov. say “We won’t comply” and “You can’t make us”..

18 posted on Friday, March 21, 2014 4:28:27 PM by JSDude1 (Defeat Hagan, elect a Constutional Conservative: Dr. Greg Brannon!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

Overturn Abolition.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Haha, the candidate he's endorsing was ordered to pay a $250,000 fine to his investors last month.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Centripetal Horse posted:

It reminds of of a conservative friend telling me how white males are "by far the least employable" population group because of affirmative action and "real" racism. Never mind the fact that black males are unemployed at about 250% the rate of white males, it's the whites who are being discriminated against.
Point that out and you'll get something back about "well, based on equivalent rates of education and achievement". And then if you point out the school-to-prison pipeline, generational effects of poverty, etc, you'll get something back about thug culture and low aspirations. There is no winning.

e: Bonus points if you get a "if I was a black male" spiel.

Swan Oat posted:

Everyone who has ever posted in this thread should have their names changed to one of these.
Aw, I wanted 'anal Nazis' from the other list.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Gay-marriage foe to march in NYC gay pride parade: Anti-same-sex-marriage banner will be allowed
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3135815/posts

quote:

Methinks the gays have called the bluff.

The gays are smart enough to realize that they need acceptance by straights. The gay attitude is not everyone has to be gay, but everyone has to accept gay. They are perfectly ok with heterosexuality and heterosexual marriage, they just want acceptance for homosexuality and homosexual marriage.

Too bad. They don’t get acceptance. It is a sin. Plain and simple.

13 posted on 3/21/2014 6:45:49 PM by ForYourChildren (Christian Education [ RomanRoadsMedia.com - a classical Christian approach to homeschool])
He almost had me for a minute. :negative:

e:
School allows bullied boy to wear My Little Pony backpack
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3135818/posts

quote:

And when the kid is on his knees in a rest stop men’s room, with a size 13 sphincter and 4 raging STDs and a meth habit, the parents will be SO proud they were progressive.

5 posted on 3/21/2014 6:26:59 PM by jonascord (Hurrah for the Bonny Blue Flag that bears a Single Star!)
Hahaha these loving people!

quote:

I know it sounds odd, but bullies do perform a service of sorts. At a young age, children are compelled to want to learn conformity and social order. It is important that they learn the parameters to conformity, so that they learn both how conformity and non-conformity work.

But some parents are so desperate for their child to exhibit uniqueness, that they do not appreciate their child’s need to learn the rules of society safely. The result is children who in public are out of control.

For example, in a restaurant, the child pulls down his pants and poops on the carpet. His mother chastises the horrified waiter because “he is expressing his creativity.” For his part the child is confused, because he never gets a reaction other than praise when he does that at home.

Bullies, however, are attracted to unusual appearances or behavior, like predators are attracted to limping prey. No mistake, they bully because they like to bully, but in their own weird way they feel they are acting like social police, keeping order in school.

In this case, the principal was spot on in recommending that the boy not bring his My Little Pony backpack to school. Because even if the faculty sit on the current bullies, new bullies will emerge to perform their function. And not just boys, but if they have to, girls.

28 posted on 3/21/2014 7:04:11 PM by yefragetuwrabrumuy (WoT News: Rantburg.com)

Literally "children must be beaten until they submit and conform". :catstare:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 22, 2014

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

I still can't believe they act like Michelle Obama is some underachieving stereotype. She's a loving Harvard trained lawyer who had a pretty impressive legal career before she basically threw herself 110% behind her husband's political career. By any of the metrics capitalist America uses to judge the worth of people, she ranks at the top. IT's just loving crazy how much racism distorts their view of reality, especially with regards to how other people see things they hate.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Little Blackfly posted:

I still can't believe they act like Michelle Obama is some underachieving stereotype. She's a loving Harvard trained lawyer who had a pretty impressive legal career before she basically threw herself 110% behind her husband's political career. By any of the metrics capitalist America uses to judge the worth of people, she ranks at the top. IT's just loving crazy how much racism distorts their view of reality, especially with regards to how other people see things they hate.

But she wears sleeveless dresses and tells us to eat better UGH THAT loving WOOKIEE. :freep:

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

School allows bullied boy to wear My Little Pony backpack
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3135818/posts

Hahaha these loving people!

Goddam I hope he doesn't have kids, or at least that they're old enough to be safely out of the house. Even if they were straight, the fact that his mind went there after hearing about a little kid's backpack is seriously upsetting.

And for some reason I looked up that poster's tagline and welp:

quote:

"The Bonnie Blue Flag", also known as "We Are a Band of Brothers", is an 1861 marching song associated with the Confederate States of America...The song's title refers to the unofficial first Flag of the Confederacy, the Bonnie Blue Flag.

"We are a band of brothers and native to the soil,
Fighting for the property we gained by honest toil :stare:"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Hey, that toil was definitely honest.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Actually I have no idea about this but at a guess I'd imagine most people probably didn't own slaves? Weren't the vast majority working on plantations?

Whoever the song is directly glorifying the fact remains that honest or not they were suckered into fighting to protect other people's interests that actually went against their own best interests. There's no way slavery could have been good for wages, so it's always the same resentful conservatives who bought into the dream but never quite made it that end up getting manipulated into loving everything for everyone including themselves out of misdirected spite.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

To: Morgana
would it be to much to ask beijing to “clean up” our presidential problem for us? they’re all right there. now is the time for crappy communist building practices to crumble a building on them, or one of their freeways to collapse, or a train/high speed train bridge to fail. man that would be sweet.

9 posted on 3/21/2014 5:44:23 PM by Secret Agent Man (Gone Galt; Not averse to Going Bronson.)

Posted without context.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

SedanChair posted:

Hey, that toil was definitely honest.

It just wasn't theirs.

MeLKoR posted:

Actually I have no idea about this but at a guess I'd imagine most people probably didn't own slaves? Weren't the vast majority working on plantations?

The ratio varies by whichever slave state you're talking about, but for the most part, yes.

quote:

Whoever the song is directly glorifying the fact remains that honest or not they were suckered into fighting to protect other people's interests that actually went against their own best interests. There's no way slavery could have been good for wages, so it's always the same resentful conservatives who bought into the dream but never quite made it that end up getting manipulated into loving everything for everyone including themselves out of misdirected spite.

It's hard to overstate just how poisonous plantation slavery was on, well, pretty much everything other than the lifestyle of the southern aristocracy, really. If you buy Foner's argument, which I do, then in addition to all the misery it heaped upon the slaves themselves, it also had the double effect of recasting labor as something fit only for slaves, which under the best of circumstances was only to be done by whites until they got enough money together to buy slaves themselves and be able to labor no more. And yes, slaves sent out to operate in the labor market (which was not unknown, particularly during down seasons when fieldwork was less intense) could and did underbid white labor, both as they didn't (usually) have to supply their own living necessities, and also as their very presence induced employers to consider whatever work they had available as less worthy of pay than if the labor pool was whites-only.

Now let me tell you about how those lazy inner city youths need to rediscover the ~*dignity of work*~.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 22, 2014

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Alter Ego posted:

But she wears sleeveless dresses and tells us to eat better UGH THAT loving WOOKIEE. :freep:

"Nobody likes you, glamorous and intelligent first lady who is probably the most stylish person in the White house since Jackie Kennedy. How dare you talk about healthy kids?!? Don't you know that all of america secretly wishes you would die in a fire!!!!"

It's like they have some sort of irrational prejudice against her, I don't know what exactly though.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3135935/posts

quote:

To: ilovesarah2012
how come it seems that the only thing you guys ever do is demand that other folks who believe differently are silenced but you get to speak?

why do you as a group you devote most of your time and money and efforts not to promoting your views, but rather in making sure other groups cant promote theirs?

why can’t you stay out of the affairs of other groups who arent forcing you to participate in their events?

why do you still use money since it has “in God we trust” on it?

6 posted on 3/21/2014 5:38:32 PM by Secret Agent Man (Gone Galt; Not averse to Going Bronson.)

wow someone talking sen...oh he's talking about atheists, not freep.

quote:

To: stevem
Only a retard would ask and atheist anything.

10 posted on 3/21/2014 5:42:32 PM by Izzy Dunne (Hello, I'm a TAGLINE virus. Please help me spread by copying me into YOUR tag line.)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Little Blackfly posted:

"Nobody likes you, glamorous and intelligent first lady who is probably the most stylish person in the White house since Jackie Kennedy. How dare you talk about healthy kids?!? Don't you know that all of america secretly wishes you would die in a fire!!!!"

It's like they have some sort of irrational prejudice against her, I don't know what exactly though.

Beats me. There's just something that's blackened their opinion of her. Couldn't begin to guess what.

Wabbit
Aug 22, 2002

Have you any figs, Sir?

quote:

To: SeekAndFind
A government has a “Justice System” which enshrines Objective Truth—in the US Constitution, we acknowledge God-Given Individual Rights. Justice is a Virtue only——the Queen of Virtue, and as such, there is ONE ethical system built into our idea of “Just Law” which HAS to promote Virtue ONLY (if there is a law at all).

Now, all “evil” law is Null and Void. IOW, laws which promote Vice/evil/dysfunction, etc. are unconstitutional. The Classical understanding of Law (which is ours) is based on Natural Moral law and the teleological ends of human beings-—what makes them “flourish and free and exceptional” and God’s Laws (the Designer of Nature) which makes the Decalogue relevant and in our courts.

Laws need to promote the Natural Duty of people in keeping Social contracts which encourage them to be “virtuous” and do their duty to society-—which includes the marriage of the two people who produce offspring. It is the Natural Duty of people to care for their own offspring until adulthood.

Libertarians have to have some type of organization with a “Rule of Law” which always means a “Higher” Law, than man-made up “rules” which are irrational or give special rights to some over others.

There can be no promotion of sodomy in “Just” laws-—or an undermining of the Natural Rights of children to be raised by their biological parents. It makes children into slaves to be bought or sold and women into breeders if the Marriage Contract is not between a male and female (and it is irrational if it is “two” men).

Right Reason is ALWAYS necessary for all “Just” Law. Libertarians should at least believe in Reason which requires a belief in Natural Law Theory (where Science originated).

20 posted on 2/18/2014 8:06:19 PM by savagesusie (Right Reason According to Nature = Just Law)

Zero_Grade posted:

I keep trying to read savagesusie posts but can never make heads or tails of them. I think that's probably a good sign for my mental facilities.

If they do start to make sense, that's when I should get worried.

I love savagesusie because she just posts the same thing over and over, with her same weird word salad terminology that I think she invented.

It comes down to her asserting, uselessly, that only laws derived from her twisted idea of biblical and constitutional morality are real, and any law that does not agree is invalid. Good luck with that, ss.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
I think that might just be the natural result of being a huge authoritarian in a country with a significantly more liberal government than what you'd like.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

made of bees posted:

I think that might just be the natural result of being a huge authoritarian in a country with a significantly more liberal government than what you'd like.

I knew a guy in university who would go on big tirades whenever someone talked about how stupid the concept of "natural law" was (that person was sometimes me). He was unsurprisingly, a huge Conservative (in the Canadian, big-C sense) fanboy and loves out current dictator and his railroading of our political system. The idea of an unchanging moral code that everybody should either obviously understand or prove their own stupidity appeals to them for some reason.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Little Blackfly posted:

I knew a guy in university who would go on big tirades whenever someone talked about how stupid the concept of "natural law" was (that person was sometimes me). He was unsurprisingly, a huge Conservative (in the Canadian, big-C sense) fanboy and loves out current dictator and his railroading of our political system. The idea of an unchanging moral code that everybody should either obviously understand or prove their own stupidity appeals to them for some reason.

For what it's worth, I know quite a few libertarians who do this too. The basic idea behind the argument is that the premises themselves are derived from the most fundamental assumptions that we all make.

I've had someone try to argue that if I assume the laws of logic are consistent (as everyone does) I must therefore believe in unalienable rights and a libertarian style of government. To do so would be inconsistent.

The benefit to this line of thinking is that, were it true, it becomes completely watertight. To deny one of the premises makes the opponent inconsistent with their own beliefs.

The problem of course is that it's very easy to dispute the connections between say presuming that the real world exists and that we aren't all brains in a vat, and the fact that gay people are apparently awful.

Teleological arguments are always hilarious though because they try to ascribe value in purpose, when purpose itself is a very fuzzy, subjective concept when you get down to it.

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

Ocrassus posted:

I've had someone try to argue that if I assume the laws of logic are consistent (as everyone does) I must therefore believe in unalienable rights and a libertarian style of government. To do so would be inconsistent.

This is Objectivism 101. It's the starting point for Rand's system of ethics, and her argumentation style as well. When people say this and don't also mention Rand, they're trying to slip you some Objectivism under the table.

edit: here's my ancient effortpost about this very topic, from the archives.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3416718

isildur fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Mar 22, 2014

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

if I assume the laws of logic are consistent (as everyone does) I must therefore believe in unalienable rights and a libertarian style of government

Logical response: Are you high or just an idiot?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Georgia Peach posted:

To: reaganaut1 
When you pretend that an entire group of people whose average intelligence is one standard deviation below the population mean is just as intelligent on average as every other identifiable group, you must continue with the pretense up and down the line. All of the other consequences: tendency to violence, lower average achievement, dropout rate, ... all stem from this basic fact; since we scrupulously ignore it, we must also [falsely] conclude that the consequences do not flow from it. 

Mathematics is neither compassionate nor merciless. It is what it is. 
6 posted on Friday, March 21, 2014 12:35:11 PM by FredZarguna (Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!) 
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Awww, someone just took a stats class and read Leviathan.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Sharkie posted:

Goddam I hope he doesn't have kids, or at least that they're old enough to be safely out of the house. Even if they were straight, the fact that his mind went there after hearing about a little kid's backpack is seriously upsetting.

And for some reason I looked up that poster's tagline and welp:
There's this one guy at my health club who's built like a linebacker and routinely deadlifts well over twice his body weight while wearing Rainbow Dash socks, with rainbow streamers on the back and all. I'd like to see the freeper say that line to his face.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

BBJoey posted:

This, I think, is what really drives the freeper-types' fear the growing population of non-whites in America. Somewhere deep down in their dead hearts they realise that their ancestors did hosed up poo poo to "south of the border types and Negroes", and because they're such hateful and vengeful people they cannot forsee a future in which atrocities are not committed against whites in retribution for their fathers' sins. If Freepers were the ones who had been persecuted and subsequently gained power over their persecutors you can be sure as hell that they wouldn't hold anything back, so they just can't comprehend that other people in that situation wouldn't follow the creed of an eye for an eye.

Pretty much. I bet it's been on their collective conscience in one way or another for quite some time.

Except for dalereed, who made his conscience lay down in the street and die decades ago.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Wabbit posted:

I love savagesusie because she just posts the same thing over and over, with her same weird word salad terminology that I think she invented.
Nope; she presents her thoughts in a clumsy, one-note way but that's literally the conservative Catholic position on Natural Law. Remember when Giuliani--or was it Santorum?--said that true freedom was conformity with the law? Same source, same reasoning.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Jagged Jim posted:

JSDude's on the warpath!

quote:

To: JSDude1

My other question is WHEN are we going to see one of these state’s governors (backed by a conservative legislature) tell the FEDERAL GOV to go to Hell, when their judges overrule a state Amendment on Marriage?? When are we going to see a state gov. say “We won’t comply” and “You can’t make us”..

18 posted on Friday, March 21, 2014 4:28:27 PM by JSDude1 (Defeat Hagan, elect a Constutional Conservative: Dr. Greg Brannon!)

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
In Beijing, Michelle Obama Speaks Out for Free Speech

quote:

To: maggief

She is free to shut up.

2 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 7:52:02 AM by ROCKLOBSTER (Celebrate "Republicans Freed the Slaves" Month.)

quote:

My husband and I are on the receiving end of plenty of questioning and criticism from our media and our fellow citizens,

Well, what questions would you like to ask of the Wookie Queen Moochelle?
3 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 7:53:41 AM by ROCKLOBSTER (Celebrate "Republicans Freed the Slaves" Month.)

quote:

criticism from our media

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
7 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 7:59:53 AM by workerbee (The President of the United States is DOMESTIC ENEMY #1!)

quote:

“My husband and I are on the receiving end of plenty of questioning and criticism...”

Its always about them. Every topic is twisted into a self-referential and self-righteous context.

8 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 8:01:14 AM by Starboard

quote:

Tell that to the Tea Party groups Lois Lerner was molesting you stupid broad.

9 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 8:01:23 AM by Track9 (hey Kalid.. kalid.. bang you're dead)

quote:

The only thing the media in the US ask the Clown family is what they had for dinner or what are their picks for the BB Tourney.

Real questions are forbidden and truth telling about the Clown family gets you to having to apologize and admit you stink as a reporter.

10 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 8:02:44 AM by dforest

quote:

To: workerbee

The Chinese are probably interested in learning more from the Obamas about media suppression tactics that can be applied against their own people. They must be fascinated by how effective the supposed “most transparent administration in history” has been in controlling and intimidating the press. The Chinese have an opportunity to watch the masters in action.

14 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 8:09:46 AM by Starboard
Comment 15 removed

quote:

Yes we have freedom of speech here in America as long as we praise the two freeloaders liars..The punishment for us will be the IRS will be sicked on us if they find out we said anything bad..SOUNDS LIKE COMMUNIST RULE DOESN'T IT.. This pathetic liar Michelle will one day face GOD and her and BOZO will pay for everything they have done..
16 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 8:16:16 AM by PLD

quote:

Is this photo shopped? Looks like she needs butt lipo too.

19 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 8:19:31 AM by Sacajaweau

quote:

“Michelle Obama Speaks Out”

She doesn’t speaks out,
but just reads a text, prepared by someone else, on a teleprompter.
Just like that sissy clown she calls “husband”.

Such a couple of nullissime nobodies.

26 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 8:47:13 AM by Marguerite (When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm even better)
Comment 27 removed

quote:

“My husband and I are on the receiving end of plenty of questioning and criticism from our media and our fellow citizens,”

Boo effing hoo.

There are Chinese and Tibetans in gulags in China, and this shrew makes it about her.

What a bitch.
28 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 8:50:28 AM by Red in Blue PA (When Injustice becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty.-Thomas Jefferson)

quote:

The New York Slimes, happy to cover for the extravagant spending by Team BO.

HEY Slimes, if Freedom of Speech is so great, and Obama CARES do much about it, why are they using the IRS to hinder conservative political speech????

29 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 8:51:42 AM by SoFloFreeper

quote:

Is that Photoshopped or is her caboose really in the next Chinese province?

30 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 8:52:14 AM by Red in Blue PA (When Injustice becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty.-Thomas Jefferson)

quote:

Good lord, she has a big hump on her butt

32 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 8:52:44 AM by Patriot Babe

quote:

To: Marguerite

The sad thing is that she seems to think she represents us. She is not elected, does not speak for us, and when the President is not overseas on a trip and she is not with him she should not be speaking for America in any way. Who planned and approved this multi million dollar bash for granny,the kids and this loudmouth?

39 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:24:46 AM by Lumper20 ( clown in Chief has own Gov employees Gestapo)

What

quote:

I have never seen a picture of this woman that she doesn’t look angry. Every picture on this trip she is beaming with delight. She is home.

40 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:31:17 AM by NoExpectations

quote:

To: dalebert

Maybe she should ask why her husband sics the IRS on anyone that disagrees with him in public. That’s not freedom of speech, that’s what the commies do. Why doesn’t she tell us why we don’t have access to BO’s background. I could go on and on.

45 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 10:05:44 AM by dandiegirl

quote:

Ms Whateveryournameis, what was your so-called husband doing, and with whom, while our ambassador and his security detail were being murdered by those he agrees with?

47 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 10:51:45 AM by onedoug

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Beats me. There's just something that's blackened their opinion of her. Couldn't begin to guess what.

Color me confused as well

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Tax audits? COMMUNIST RULE! :freep:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

In Beijing, Michelle Obama Speaks Out for Free Speech

I have never seen a picture of this woman that she doesn’t look angry. Every picture on this trip she is beaming with delight. She is home.

40 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:31:17 AM by NoExpectations

This is amazing. Bathhouse Barry is a secret Kenyan muslim, and MOOchelle is secretly Chinese. How deep does the rabbit hole go? :tinfoil:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Liam Neeson saves dog from a group of teenagers

Here we go, a nice little human interest story, surely even Freepers couldn't...

quote:

To: Drew68

No description, must be Amish.

4 posted on Friday, March 21, 2014 3:21:56 PM by Navy Patriot (Join the Democrats, it's not Fascism when WE do it, and the Constitution and law mean what WE say.)

quote:

I didnt think muslims cared much for dogs.

5 posted on Friday, March 21, 2014 3:22:33 PM by driftdiver (I could eat it raw, but why do that when I have a fire.)

Oh.

quote:

I’ll bet their ‘parents’ for democrat...

9 posted on Friday, March 21, 2014 3:26:18 PM by GOPJ (NASA: N othing A bout S pace A nymore - - FreperClearCase_guy)

:catstare:

quote:

To: Riley

Shame the little sh1t didn’t press his luck a bit further and get what he had coming.

If Neeson had touched any of the 3, as soon as the parents found out who he is, they would be lining up lawyers for the lawsuits.

17 posted on Friday, March 21, 2014 3:34:31 PM by TomGuy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

quote:

To: TomGuy

Al Sharpton representing the little St. Skittles...and what a dream to see Mark O'Mara and Don West representing Neeson.

What a beautiful trial to behold.

21 posted on Friday, March 21, 2014 3:47:39 PM by RoosterRedux (The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing -- Socrates)

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 22, 2014

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
This post made me feel a bit better. Good to see that even some freepers are sick of that lovely joke. :unsmith:

quote:

To: Navy Patriot
No description, must be Amish.

35 posted on 3/21/2014 9:18:12 PM by Cobra64 (Common sense isn't common anymore.)

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Jagged Jim posted:

Liam Neeson saves dog from a group of teenagers

Here we go, a nice little human interest story, surely even Freepers couldn't...

Oh.

:catstare:

Just an update on this story, Liam Neeson has denied it ever happened.

So what does it mean when a comment is removed on Freep? Does that means the mods removed it or can the person that posted it remove it?

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 22, 2014

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Just an update on this story, Liam Neeson has denied it ever happened.

So what does it mean when a comment is removed on Freep? Does that means the mods removed it or can the person that posted it remove it?

It means a mod deleted it. For being too racist usually. Just swish that around for a minute.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

TravBot posted:

It means a mod deleted it. For being too racist usually. Just swish that around for a minute.

I think you mean "too obviously a false flag made by a Democrat plant to make Real Americans look bad".

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Nyarai posted:

This post made me feel a bit better. Good to see that even some freepers are sick of that lovely joke. :unsmith:

Holy poo poo, I'd pay good money to see Columbo tearing down Freepers brick by brick.

"Ah, just one more question. You told me yesterday that affirmative action 'quotas' are taking away jobs from highly qualified white candidates and giving those jobs to unqualified minorities. That's wrong, I understand why you'd be mad about that. See, the thing is, today you said that those same minorities are all living off public funds, collecting welfare, because they are too lazy to work. Maybe I just misunderstood you. Can you explain to me how these people can be both stealing all the jobs, and not working? I'm having a hard time understanding that. I'm sure it's my fault, I bet it'll make perfect sense when you explain it to me."

I would totally buy "Columbo: The Case of Conservative Nonsense" on pay-per-view. Let's get someone working on that whole reanimating the dead thing, and make this happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit

Centripetal Horse posted:

Holy poo poo, I'd pay good money to see Columbo tearing down Freepers brick by brick.

"Ah, just one more question. You told me yesterday that affirmative action 'quotas' are taking away jobs from highly qualified white candidates and giving those jobs to unqualified minorities. That's wrong, I understand why you'd be mad about that. See, the thing is, today you said that those same minorities are all living off public funds, collecting welfare, because they are too lazy to work. Maybe I just misunderstood you. Can you explain to me how these people can be both stealing all the jobs, and not working? I'm having a hard time understanding that. I'm sure it's my fault, I bet it'll make perfect sense when you explain it to me."

I would totally buy "Columbo: The Case of Conservative Nonsense" on pay-per-view. Let's get someone working on that whole reanimating the dead thing, and make this happen.

I would buy it too. Columbo would be great with these people.

• Locked thread