Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Just because Vick paid his debt to society doesn't mean you have to like Vick

This excuses hoping he gets crippled on-field how?

Because that's what he just said:

PantsFreeZone posted:

I hope some puppy loving LB with the nickname "Mad Dawg" ends his career and his ability to walk on the same play.

I won't argue that you don't have to like him, but hoping he gets crippled? I'd like to think we're better than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I just hate him because he was on the Eagles.

Then Again I'm one of those weird Giants fans who pulls for the jets (but can't stand the fanbase for the most part)

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's probably an overreaction but the idea of animal torture can make people less than their most rational sympathetic selves. gently caress Vick. I'm still weirded out by how easily he got back in the public's good graces.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I dunno, dude went to prison and reformed, it really seems to have changed him.

I eat on average three cows a year so I'm not really in the best place to judge treatment of animals, really

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's probably an overreaction but the idea of animal torture can make people less than their most rational sympathetic selves. gently caress Vick. I'm still weirded out by how easily he got back in the public's good graces.

Yet LeBron is still hated

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Dude went to prison and seems reformed

The hell do you want to do with people who serve time

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Dude went to prison and seems reformed

The hell do you want to do with people who serve time

You can accept that someone served their time and paid for their crime and still hate them for it. Vick is and remains a piece of poo poo, I don't care what he says in public. His actions speak for themselves.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Not be revered heroes in a community just because they play Football well. I'm fine with that kind of silly athelete worship but not so much when a dude has such an awful history that he hasn't made up for at all.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

superaielman posted:

You can accept that someone served their time and paid for their crime and still hate them for it. Vick is and remains a piece of poo poo, I don't care what he says in public. His actions speak for themselves.

Agreed. His current actions, showing a newfound maturity and respect, clearly lacking when he was with Atlanta, speak for themselves.

E: \/ he volunteered with animal rights groups and shelters in Philadelphia well beyond what was required of him. He's literally done good things here, not just refrained from doing bad things.

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 22, 2014

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Not doing something bad doesn't make up for doing something bad.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

In this thread we anthropomorphize dogs.

Hope you don't eat pigs they're just as smart and friendly.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

If you don't like Michael Vick then you're worse than, well, Michael Vick.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Vick wasn't killing dogs for sustenance, he was killing them because they did not murder other dogs with enough ruthless efficiency.

Like, the intent behind the killing of the animal matters.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

PantsFreeZone posted:

No. gently caress Vick.

I hope some puppy loving LB with the nickname "Mad Dawg" ends his career and his ability to walk on the same play.

Yeah man a dude that made a dumb mistake like thinking dogfighting is cool totally deserves to be paralyzed and banished from society.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Yall probably thought war elephants were wrong too.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We have and had people in the league who never did time (Suggs), will never do time (Roethlisberger), and will hopefully spend the rest of their lives doing time (Hernandez and Sharper). I won't hold an eternal grudge (to the point of hoping he's crippled) over someone like Vick who did time, came out, admitted he hosed up and did his best to atone, especially when people like the above are still around and getting much more praise than Vick currently does.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Mike Vick loving owns.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm going to suggest we stop talking about this as it's been run into the ground a thousand times over, but whatever!

He's a Jet now, good for him/them. Their OL is awful iirc, though, so not sure if he'll have any more success there than he did with the Eagles.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Hey everybody, it's been years since Vick killed dogs for sport, feel free to like/not like him.

Just don't throw dumb tantrums like that Pants guy, those are unpleasant.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Any news on Knowshon Moreno yet? This forum can barely hold my unbridled excitement at the chances of the Dolphins landing him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PS start Vick over Geno, start anybody over Geno

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

Any news on Knowshon Moreno yet? This forum can barely hold my unbridled excitement at the chances of the Dolphins landing him.

Have the Dolphins given up on Lamar Miller while I wasn't looking?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Edit: I would let Vick have five minutes alone with PFZ's dog to keep the Eagles from trading Desean

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

TubeStank posted:

The Bengals had better get Newhouse on the cheap because the dude is legitimately terrible. One of the worst linemen I've ever seen.

He is definitely a backup and probably not even guaranteed a roster spot so who cares

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheBizzness posted:

Visited Miami and left. If a deal's happening, it's not today.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah, but pig eating vick haters are supporting (by their standards) the brief torture and murder of animals who are roughly as intelligent and friendly as dogs. They also do it purely for pleasure because bacon tastes good. You don't need to eat pigs, there's plenty of other stuff they can eat.

I just find it an amusing contradiction.

If you can't recognize the difference between eating bacon and torturing animals for sport then I don't know what else to say to you.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I hope Vick leads the Jets to a conference playoff victory over the Pats.

gently caress all of you who still hate him.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Yeah man a dude that made a dumb mistake like thinking dogfighting is cool totally deserves to be paralyzed and banished from society.

Look. I agree I overstated my hate via being unreasonable in my reactions to animal cruelty. If you've ever worked in an animal shelter and seen what humans do to them, it sometimes makes you want humans to fall off the top of the food chain.

I apologize.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Jets have a history of making moves for a quarterback on March 21. Two years ago today, the Jets acquired Tim Tebow from the Denver Broncos.

This move will probably work out better. Probably.

R.A. Dickey
Feb 20, 2005

Knuckleballer.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Yet LeBron is still hated

Maybe three years ago, that isn't close to accurate anymore.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Have the Dolphins given up on Lamar Miller while I wasn't looking?

No, but he's a part time back and their other pieces are bad or unproven. I was mostly trying to end Vick chat while also mocking mcmagic.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
I hate all animals, most of all I hate myself

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

davecrazy posted:

Vick wasn't killing dogs for sustenance, he was killing them because they did not murder other dogs with enough ruthless efficiency.

Like, the intent behind the killing of the animal matters.

Thanks for the deiontological perspective, Kant.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I dunno, dude went to prison and reformed, it really seems to have changed him.

I eat on average three cows a year so I'm not really in the best place to judge treatment of animals, really

Yeah I recently found out that lots of cows meant for consumption are kept in small enclosures knee-high in their own poo poo but I'm like "well it don't taste like poo poo on my plate" so welp

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Gerty posted:

I hate all animals, most of all I hate myself

I love animals to help avoid the fact that I hate myself.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
Does it work?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

What if there was cowfighting

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
How many of you dog lovers laugh about the cow being sacred in India

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

A cowfighting league where the cows are trained to tip each other over

Most matches result in a draw, resulting in both cows being made into Five Guys burgers

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
When Fiz gets arrested for running a cowfighting ring in Hyderabad I won't say I told you so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

What if there was cowfighting

After he retires Vick should move to Spain and become a matador

• Locked thread