Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Keska posted:

Gave in and backed 100 Deluxe Dungeons at the $10 PDF level when I got the reminder email. These are gonna be great for Dungeon World.

Oh hey a post for me to quote and say thanks and remind everyone that there is less than 48 hours left (and if we get to $7000 RulebookHeavily will audition for The Rangers).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

revengeanceful posted:

Oh geez this looks beautiful. I'm not sure it's worth the extra ~$80 beyond just buying the base game given that it is just a light, fairly simple game, but drat that stuff looks good.

Having to add an extra $60 just for shipping to get it down here makes it not worth finding out; the Tuscany project is only charging $26, with $10 of that baked into the backer level.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

revengeanceful posted:

Oh geez this looks beautiful. I'm not sure it's worth the extra ~$80 beyond just buying the base game given that it is just a light, fairly simple game, but drat that stuff looks good.

To be fair, it includes the base game, two expansions, and all of the promo items if you go for the Samurai ($115) pledge, which costs at least $50, probably closer to $60 or 70, on their own.

But I fully admit that I'm getting this more for the aesthetics than anything else because Tokaido seriously is one of the most beautiful games I've seen.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea reminder if you look at the KS and think 'neat but too much' remember this is the fancy version for us nerdlords who already adore this game. You should totally check out a basic copy of the vanilla game and get it (I'm almost positive those are reasonably priced), it's a wonderful, chill, game that's super easy to learn and can be played with anyone at all.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Is there any ETA, I'm not finding i, when/if Healing Blade might get more stock? :/
if Something you make sells out, make more dammit!!!

I'm not seeing one either, but I really hope they restock while their campaign for the book is still going!!

(...although I suspect they won't :( )

Scyther posted:

Well, if by throw you mean "pick up and throw in an arc through the air", then no, they lay on the board like hockey pucks and you flick them with your fingers, and nothing gets "knocked over" since everything is a disc. I might be misunderstanding your wording and you're thinking of Catacombs, or you might be thinking of something else with a similar gimmick and theme, like Dungeon Fighter.

Kind of a dumb question, but how often do discs get shot off the table in Catacombs?

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Niemat posted:

Kind of a dumb question, but how often do discs get shot off the table in Catacombs?

Depends on who's playing. On my turns, almost never. On my wife's turns, every turn.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Niemat posted:

I'm not seeing one either, but I really hope they restock while their campaign for the book is still going!!

(...although I suspect they won't :( )

Taking it one step further, if a hero is knocked off the table are they dead or just take one wound and the other person was clearly simply too excited to flick the tile?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Taking it one step further, if a hero is knocked off the table are they dead or just take one wound and the other person was clearly simply too excited to flick the tile?

If a character, hero or monster, goes off the playmat (which would obviously include off the table) you simply place them back on at the edge of the board, roughly where they went off. You just go off the mat waaaay too often to penalize you for it.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Countblanc posted:

If a character, hero or monster, goes off the playmat (which would obviously include off the table) you simply place them back on at the edge of the board, roughly where they went off. You just go off the mat waaaay too often to penalize you for it.

okay i assumed it was something like this as people would simply strive to knock people off otherwise.

Sweet. the more I look at old reviews for it/read about the newer version I'm stoked :3
Soooo hope it gets funded

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
There's actually a type of monster in the expansion which can only be killed by knocking it off the board. The designers do some amazing stuff within the game's design space, like a Wizard's Shield spell just being a huge block of wood that can bounce around and create more problems than it solves.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea reminder if you look at the KS and think 'neat but too much' remember this is the fancy version for us nerdlords who already adore this game. You should totally check out a basic copy of the vanilla game and get it (I'm almost positive those are reasonably priced), it's a wonderful, chill, game that's super easy to learn and can be played with anyone at all.
True, but on the other hand, look at those components.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Let me just say that the guys behind Villages are the absolute best. Like, the exact opposite of the Futuristic Coins people.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Dagon posted:

Oh hey a post for me to quote and say thanks and remind everyone that there is less than 48 hours left (and if we get to $7000 RulebookHeavily will audition for The Rangers).

I upped my pledge to the hardcover level. Just to be clear: I've pledged $15, and that's all I have to do on the kickstarter? I'll pay shipping and such separately when I actually order the product from wherever with a coupon?

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Bad Munki posted:

I upped my pledge to the hardcover level. Just to be clear: I've pledged $15, and that's all I have to do on the kickstarter? I'll pay shipping and such separately when I actually order the product from wherever with a coupon?

Exactly. $15 now (well, tomorrow), and then you order at-cost and pay shipping when the book is ready.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sounds good, thanks.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I really can't argue with paying $0.15 a dungeon.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The last 48 hours for Counterblast: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bombshellminis/counterblast-miniatures-game
I backed their Bombshell stuff, and they went pretty well. I'm hoping we can get at least the next unlock (free model) before it ends.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

moths posted:

I really can't argue with paying $0.15 a dungeon.

You've talked me into it you devious genius. I'd have gone with a hardcover and used it as a coffee table book, but I don't want to almost double by costs by fiddling with shipping fees from a third party.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Not gonna lie, I thought we'd get maybe 2k when we started, then later I thought we'd finish at 4k.

Wasn't expecting to be a good distance towards nine thousand at thirty minutes to go. :psyduck:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Not gonna lie, I thought we'd get maybe 2k when we started, then later I thought we'd finish at 4k.

Wasn't expecting to be a good distance towards nine thousand at thirty minutes to go. :psyduck:

So we're looking at 130 dungeons, then?

Time to prep for Dungeon World, I s'pose.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

You looking for any writers? I have a portfolio I can send, and I was planning on entering the One Page Dungeon contest this year anyway.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mystic Mongol posted:

So we're looking at 130 dungeons, then?

Time to prep for Dungeon World, I s'pose.

I'm gonna make a literal world of dungeons.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Peas and Rice posted:

You looking for any writers? I have a portfolio I can send, and I was planning on entering the One Page Dungeon contest this year anyway.

I'd be happy to write some new dungeons up. I also have a portfolio.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
The Doom That Came To Atlantic City finally showed up on my doorstep.

The figures are just asking to be painted...

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm gonna make a literal world of dungeons.

Make You Kingdom news? Fuckin' share!

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
So, Barbarossa is funded and happening.

Barbarossa is a deck-building game like Dominion, if Dominion involved magical Nazi girls trying to kill Stalin with art that is over-the-top cheesecake even for anime. Also, the rules seem to be oddly convoluted.

Watch the video if you like pain.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Tokaido is in its last 48 hours (40 hours as of this post). It is a sort of hard game to recommend blind, since it's not particularly deep or anything, so you may not want that much chrome on a game that doesn't necessarily click with you. But it's such a great game to chill out to while listening to some cafe music (I recommend Nujabes) that if you do like the game, the extra bits should be grand.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GrandpaPants posted:

Tokaido is in its last 48 hours (40 hours as of this post). It is a sort of hard game to recommend blind, since it's not particularly deep or anything, so you may not want that much chrome on a game that doesn't necessarily click with you. But it's such a great game to chill out to while listening to some cafe music (I recommend Nujabes) that if you do like the game, the extra bits should be grand.

You don't need to go in blind, there's a fully detailed LP on YouTube.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

GrandpaPants posted:

Sold me on "cool game to chill and play" and "not particularly deep or anything" because my gaming group has a toddler involved and suffice to say everything we've tried that's been significantly more difficult than Catan and 7 Wonders has been a complete loving bust

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

GrandpaPants posted:

I was thinking about going in only for the chrome - that game is fabulous looking.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

signalnoise posted:

Sold me on "cool game to chill and play" and "not particularly deep or anything" because my gaming group has a toddler involved and suffice to say everything we've tried that's been significantly more difficult than Catan and 7 Wonders has been a complete loving bust

Uh, it's pretty chill, but I'm still not sure if it's simple enough for a toddler. Or I'm misreading this post entirely.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

GrandpaPants posted:

Uh, it's pretty chill, but I'm still not sure if it's simple enough for a toddler. Or I'm misreading this post entirely.

Chill enough to play while dealing with a toddler.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

signalnoise posted:

How old is this child? Are you trying to find games to play with the child present, (i.e. in spite of the child) or find games for the child to play?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think he means games a distracted parent won't ruin, and this fits the bill.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Child present. Last time one of them participated, it pretty much killed the game (Catan). Her mom went to the bathroom, so she picked up the cards holding them face out, then tried to trade with her dad. IT WASN'T EVEN HER TURN!!!!! :shobon:

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 22, 2014

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So as a point in his favor, Morrus has opened up the soon-to-be-Kickstarted and terribly-named O.L.D and N.E.W. for public feedback.

I ah ... dunno about the game itself though. There's a career system kind of reminiscent of Traveller, and it uses d6 pools.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

signalnoise posted:

Child present. Last time one of them participated, it pretty much killed the game (Catan). Her mom went to the bathroom, so she picked up the cards holding them face out, then tried to trade with her dad. IT WASN'T EVEN HER TURN!!!!! :shobon:

There are a good amount of tokens, so that needs to be watched with a baby around, but yea having her around likely won't screw the game up.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

The Audatia print and play files are out, woo. The decks are so huge I dont even want to download 'em over this mobile net, but the rulebooks look nice.

They're also kind of really hard to follow. This might be a game that needs to be taught to learn.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Fall Schematic is a weird project. It's for both a mobile game and a card game (plus it has some miniatures for some game called Maulifax?).

The card game has you playing frames being piloted by digitized people who fight glitches over the ruins of the physical world. It's a co-op game for 1-4 players. It also synergizes with the digital game in that you can scan cards to get stronger versions of those cards. There's a beta of the rules, and I've read it, but I'm still not experienced enough with board/card games to be able to guess if it'll be fun to play.

Oh, and if I understand it right, it'll be a Living Card Game (though of course they can't use that term officially).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/191197566/faire-play-barbie-compatible-3d-printed-medieval-a?ref=category

Must-buy for anyone in large scale minis

• Locked thread