Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

:stare: This is a joke you're making and not his actual nickname, right? I remember him heel hooking Rich Clementi, so I can't be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Wise Learned Man posted:

:stare: This is a joke you're making and not his actual nickname, right? I remember him heel hooking Rich Clementi, so I can't be sure.

Someone else on the forums came up with it, and i've been running with it because my initial offering was something about Marcin Held using toe holds.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@MMAjunkie 46m
Bellator 113 weigh-in results: Patricky Freire (156.1) vs. David Rickels (155.7) - 155 tourn opening round. Freire has 2 hours to make max.

Fat pitbull

quote:

‏@Jason_Floyd 2m
Patricky Pitbull has made weight. No word yet on Brian Rogers

Skinny pitbull

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 21, 2014

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

http://themmareport.com/2014/03/brian-rogers-vs-gary-tapusoa-scratched-from-tomorrows-bellator-113/

The Rogers fight tomorrow is off, other guy "did not meet the requirements to fight" though I have no idea what the gently caress that means

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]
Marcio Navarro trains at my gym and is the head kickboxing coach there, he's fighting on this card. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the event, but I'll still be watching and rooting for him, he's a cool guy. Pretty neat to see someone from our place reach Bellator.

Queering Wheel fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 21, 2014

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yuriy posted:

http://themmareport.com/2014/03/brian-rogers-vs-gary-tapusoa-scratched-from-tomorrows-bellator-113/

The Rogers fight tomorrow is off, other guy "did not meet the requirements to fight" though I have no idea what the gently caress that means

Maybe he died? Being alive is definitely a requirement to fight.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

LobsterMobster posted:

Bellator 113 - Friday, March 21, 2014

I'm pretty psyched for this card. I think a lot of people were a bit too hung up on King Mo losing, and not Emanuel Newton looking pretty dang good.

Always love a Caveman fight too. That dude is so weird, and I love him for it.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Card keeps shrinking

quote:

‏@Jason_Floyd 10m
Per Bellator PR, Maurice Jackson is out of tonight's Bellator 113 after suffering an injury this morning

Edit: NVM

quote:

@BellatorMMA 53s
With Maurice Jackson Out, undefeated heavyweight Fredrick Brown will now face Daniel Gallemore on the http://spike.com Prelims Tonight

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

We're live at http://www.spike.com/shows/bellator-mma/live

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
This is the remix edition
of two heavyweights missin'
throwin' knees to the body
got every fan in here wishin'

one's a perrenial bum
and the other's punch drunk
it's the freakin' weekend trashweight is always gonna be fun

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Jesus christ that was one of the worst stoppages I've seen in a long long time

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
YEEEEESH

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
That short man is dead

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
According to Zombie Prophet's GIFs, I missed at least two rad things. :saddowns:

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Tim Welch is one big ginger

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
That Derek Anderson knockout is insane

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I know what it's like to go hungry" - dude what still looks emaciated

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Curl them toes

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Pole Harris gonna held toes

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
As far as I know there has only been one toe hold in the UFC and this guy has two in Bellator.

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
Pole Harris is awesome

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Baby Rickels with the beard is amazing

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

:(

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Rickels is dead. I can't believe the ref let him take that last punch.

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
Pitbull was just too good for caveman

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It should have been stopped when Rickels hit the ground but at least the ref didn't allow Pitbull to pummel his opponent's corpse forever like that fight earlier.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Rickles can't just coast on that chin forever, and we're starting to see the backlash of it.

Bummer for the Cave Dweller.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

So far this fight stinks and I don't see that changing in the next three rounds

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fentry posted:

And we can see the winner fight either King Mo or Rampage Jackson!

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I have no idea who is winning going into the last round and I don't care even remotely at this point

edit: Crowd booing 5th round hug

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
King Mo reeeeally sucks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fentry posted:

Attila got robbed, yo.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I'm really sick of watching Emmanuel Newton fight. That spinning back fist against Mo is like the only effective strike he's landed in his entire career.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Nobody in the entire world wants to see a Newton/Mo trilogy so that is what will end up happening. After spending a year on the shelf with a non-existent injury it looked like Attila was nursing an actual bad arm for most of it too.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Can't wait till Newton does a Jardine against Rampage (minus the getting knocked out part).

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
This guy must've lost 10 years off his life getting KO'd

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
The worst stoppage ever or the worst stoppage ever?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

PaganGoatPants posted:

The worst stoppage ever or the worst stoppage ever?

It wasn't even close to the worst stoppage on that card (though Jason Herzog is usually a lot more on the ball than he was there). The finish of Gallemore/Brown was so poorly handled that no promoter should work in Kansas again until they make some changes. Referee Chuck Wolfe is an incompetent loving monster. I skipped the rest of the card because it was so unpleasant.

Incidentally, what fights were worth watching?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

fatherdog posted:

This is the remix edition
of two heavyweights missin'
throwin' knees to the body
got every fan in here wishin'

one's a perrenial bum
and the other's punch drunk
it's the freakin' weekend trashweight is always gonna be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bellator 114, Friday March 28th, 2014!

Prelims - Bellator.com, That link what Dunc posted, 7:00 PM ET

• Lightweight - Bubba "The Highlight Kid" Jenkins vs Sean "Super" Powers
  • Welterweight - Michael "Mad Mike" Arrant vs "The Daywalker" Aaron Wilkinson
  • Welterweight - Mike "The Real Pretty Boy" Estus vs Gavin Sterritt
  • Light Heavyweight - Trevor Carlson vs Linton "The Swarm" Vassell
  • Welterweight - Ron Keslar vs Jordan "Mata Ele" Smith
  • Lightweight - Jason "The Finisher" Fischer vs Justin "The Silverback" Wilcox
  • Featherweight - Rad Martinez vs James Edson "Little Tiger" Berto

Main Card - Spike TV, 9:00 PM ET

• Featherweight Tournament Semi-Final - Des "The Predator" Green vs Will Martinez, Jr
  • Featherweight Tournament Semi-Final - Daniel "The Weasel" Weichel vs Matt "The Mangler" Bessette
  • Middleweight Tournament Semi-Final - Kendall "Da Spyder" Grove vs Brett "Fudoshin" Cooper
  • Middleweight Title - Alexander "Storm" Shlemenko vs Brennan "Irish Bad Boy" Ward

Reasons to watch this card:

- Bubba Jenkins is pretty cool, good at grapples and such
- Justin Wilcox is going to be as wide as he is tall, and it's fun to have interestingly shaped fighters
- Rad ":unsmith:" Martinez is amazing
- The featherweight tournament fights should actually be pretty cool.
- DA SPYDER, TEAM DAGGER
- Shlemenko gonna spinning poo poo his way through Ward's face.

• Locked thread