Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I can't help it, I'm a sucker for reenactments of this scene.

And in other news Harley continues to own.

(Harley Quinn #4)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I really like the little touches with the food. Death star plate, star destroyer fries, and the R2D2 cup are just great.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Sedgr posted:

I really like the little touches with the food. Death star plate, star destroyer fries, and the R2D2 cup are just great.

Ok, I noticed the cup right away, but I completely missed the plate and fries.

That's loving awesome. I love this comic.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Also the burgerFalcon on the poster (which is a callback to the anecdote that the Millenium Falcon's design was inspired by a hamburger with an olive next to it)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Daredevil has moved to the West Coast:

Heh. Blind people. Daredevil #1

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

redbackground posted:

He showed up to great acclaim in the Palmiotti/Gray/Conner PG run, too:

Cats don't clean their butt on the carpet, they lick their poop off. This was clearly written by a dog owner.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Cats don't clean their butt on the carpet, they lick their poop off. This was clearly written by a dog owner.

You should inform my childhood cat of that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

MikeJF posted:

Cats scoot for the same reasons as dogs do: they need to visit the vet.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

Cats scoot for the same reasons as dogs do: they need to visit the vet.

Oh yeah, there's itchy worms.

Power Girl, you're a bad cat owner.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
Also anal glands.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

As the owner of 3 cats, I can professionally say you are big time wrong on all counts.

When our male cat had an irritated backside, he'd fly down our carpet on his butt, leaving a nice brown mark behind (it was hilarious, but also sad). Luckily, this hasn't happened in a very long time.

Also, Amanda Conner and her husband Jimmy Palmiotti (the writer of Power Girl) are established cat owners.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 20, 2014

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Also, the cat needed to be doing something while they made the inside joke to a different super girl's cat.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

It's filled with some real dumb Johns being Johns bits but Shazam is a pretty fun book.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Yeah if I was a kid with superpowers the first thing I'd do would be to destroy my school too.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I still love whoever said that the cover to the Zero issue was "What Charlie Sheen sees in the mirror every morning."

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I read the Shazam relaunch yesterday and the faces are incredible. You can really tell that Shazam is still a kid. That top right panel.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Waterhaul posted:

It's filled with some real dumb Johns being Johns bits but Shazam is a pretty fun book.

Goddammit Billy now we'll have to have a make-up day on Good Friday or Memorial Day <:mad:>

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

The Wisdom of Solomon likely told Billy that destroying the school would likely result in insurance proceeds rebuilding the school with greater funding than the state legislature would give it.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

ManiacClown posted:

The Wisdom of Solomon likely told Billy that destroying the school would likely result in insurance proceeds rebuilding the school with greater funding than the state legislature would give it.

The Wisdom of Solomon probably wouldn't take it that far, though I guess suggesting sawing babies in half to figure out who it's real mother is and demolishing a school so kids could have some time out of school would be in the same league.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Wasn't the point of that Solomon story that he wasn't going to actually cut the kid in half, and that it was simply a ruse?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Angry Walrus posted:

Wasn't the point of that Solomon story that he wasn't going to actually cut the kid in half, and that it was simply a ruse?

The PR team made that up after the fact. He was totally into baby-bisection, and felt let down that it was interrupted.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
My favourite understanding of that story is that it was a coded warning to the legitimate rulers of Israel is that if they try to challenge him he'd have no problems with waging a civil war.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

This is after he sees them on the news swinging from the girder. Also, Jonah is on his way.

'yaaaaaaaa'

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

John Dyne posted:

This is after he sees them on the news swinging from the girder. Also, Jonah is on his way.

'yaaaaaaaa'

It also looks like a claw from the crane game.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
I stopped giving Solomon any credit for wisdom around the time he thought it was wiser to have the JSA think Cap was a pedophile rather than share his secret identity with Jay Garrick.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did they ever give Atom Smasher a hard time about that? I mean, sure he only had this kind of implied quasi-relationship with Stargirl (they're married in a flashforward at the end of the Extant arc wtih Metron and Dove), but I'm pretty sure he was in his mid-20s while Courtney was about 16.

(I only read up as far as the story where the Spectre gives him a heart attack and he's saved when Black Adam uses his magic lightning as a defibrillator, so maybe it came up in one of the OYL stories?)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

prefect posted:

The PR team made that up after the fact. He was totally into baby-bisection, and felt let down that it was interrupted.

Well yeah, he didn't bisect that baby, but think of all the times the mothers called his bluff. Sometimes you gotta bisect a few babies to make a parable.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The whole point of the judgement was that mothers won't call the bluff because it's their child.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

No idea on the source, just saw it on tumblr.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sockser posted:

That's Sex Criminals but I'm not sure which issue.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Sockser posted:

Haha, man I shouldn't have stopped reading Sex Criminals.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

cafel posted:

Haha, man I shouldn't have stopped reading Sex Criminals.

Sentences you don't want to have to explain to the judge.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

That's Sex Criminals but I'm not sure which issue.

The one where they cross-over with Broad City

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

By the by, its issue 5.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Batman and Aquaman #29

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Superior Foes of Spider-Man #10

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I can't help it, I'm a sucker for reenactments of this scene.

(Harley Quinn #4)

Star Wars references are sometimes obvious, sometimes not...

Now and then, you'll see a random Ewok (from Uncanny X-Men #250).

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Red posted:

Star Wars references are sometimes obvious, sometimes not...

Now and then, you'll see a random Ewok (from Uncanny X-Men #250).
It's too bad that guy's internal monologue was written by Claremont, otherwise he might have had time to actually do something to help those people.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

smashpro1 posted:

Superior Foes of Spider-Man #10

Herc and his constant gift giving was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Was reading A Lonely Place of Dying when I stumbled upon a theory I had never considered.

• Locked thread