Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Oh my god, Ron and Fez!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what the hell am i watching hulkamatt

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I just don't know.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

They didn't get the rights to Adam Rose's original song because they didn't know it would take off so quickly because nobody in the entire company understands attention spans or the zeitgeist.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Man, Koloff is a friggin' beast. Not great at the accent though.

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
"Inaugural" Andre the Giant memorial battle royale? This IS going to be a one-off, isn't it?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Amy Renee posted:

"Inaugural" Andre the Giant memorial battle royale? This IS going to be a one-off, isn't it?

There's apparently a plan to make it a Mania exclusive match every year to get as many guys on the show as possible. There's usually a battle royal there anyway, might as well make it mean something.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Will the champion from the previous year be giving up his Andre statue, or will they make a new one for every year?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

On Monday night they said the winner would hold onto the trophy for the next year but who knows if that was a throwaway line.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Christ this Medusa / Sherri "shoot" promo is awful

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

njsykora posted:

There's apparently a plan to make it a Mania exclusive match every year to get as many guys on the show as possible. There's usually a battle royal there anyway, might as well make it mean something.

Which I'm OK with because it means more guys get an actual WrestleMania paycheque. Though what I'm not OK with is potentially fewer matches if 30 guys are locked into just the one. But we'll see once more matches get announced in the coming weeks.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The original pitch Slaughter was talking about for the run against Hogan actually sounded pretty cool. America had gone soft and couldn't keep a tiny pussy country like Iraq from doing whatever they wanted, Evil Slaughter would return pissed and go dispense beatings unto morale improved. This was kind of where they seemed to be going at first with the angle, then it all went off the rails.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Justin Godscock posted:

Which I'm OK with because it means more guys get an actual WrestleMania paycheque. Though what I'm not OK with is potentially fewer matches if 30 guys are locked into just the one. But we'll see once more matches get announced in the coming weeks.

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept it in the preshow like they always do.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Big john studd just picked up a table and hit Andre with it, they should bring that spot back.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Holy poo poo they're showing a before they were superstars segment on JBL and his whole family is Texan as HELL. Big hair, western outfits, the whole nine yards.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Justin Godscock posted:

I don't really care if 3MB gets a Wrestlemania pay day, there is so much talent being wasted in that match that could have a solid singles match.

If you look at who is left for the remaining 10 spots in it, removing the announcers, people who haven't wrestled in a long time, it leaves roughly 23 people for 10 spots.

It really makes me sad looking at that list of wrestlers and trying to figure out what matches are going to put together to fill the rest of the card. You could pretty much get everyone a Wrestlemania pay day if they did Shield vs. Kane + 2 others in a 6 man, a 4 way Tag Title Match, and throw the rest of them into the battle royal.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I liked that little segment on the Divas table match at TLC. Seeing Beth and Laycool again was nice.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Astro7x posted:

I don't really care if 3MB gets a Wrestlemania pay day, there is so much talent being wasted in that match that could have a solid singles match.

If you look at who is left for the remaining 10 spots in it, removing the announcers, people who haven't wrestled in a long time, it leaves roughly 23 people for 10 spots.

It really makes me sad looking at that list of wrestlers and trying to figure out what matches are going to put together to fill the rest of the card. You could pretty much get everyone a Wrestlemania pay day if they did Shield vs. Kane + 2 others in a 6 man, a 4 way Tag Title Match, and throw the rest of them into the battle royal.

Except they have a Shield 6-man, and a 3-way tag title match. Guys announced for the battle royal have been taken out of the battle royal as they've gotten other ideas. Like Ryback was the first to be put in that match, but now Rybaxel are in the tag title match.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

njsykora posted:

Except they have a Shield 6-man, and a 3-way tag title match. Guys announced for the battle royal have been taken out of the battle royal as they've gotten other ideas. Like Ryback was the first to be put in that match, but now Rybaxel are in the tag title match.

Did this happen on Smackdown or something? Nobody watches that...

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

Astro7x posted:

Did this happen on Smackdown or something? Nobody watches that...

The tag title thing did, yeah. I think Kane decided on it. Usos vs. Rybaxel vs. the Real Americans.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
The Backstab Countdown has shown me the impossible: a cleaned up Dean Ambrose. O_O

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
So will wrestlemania be available to view the day after?

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
Showing the Smackdown with John Cena's debut. Wow, he looks exactly like somebody's CAW.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

NoMoneyDown posted:

Showing the Smackdown with John Cena's debut. Wow, he looks exactly like somebody's CAW.

And he actually wrestled. I'm not sure how much of that was Angle but he really looked good. I was entertained watching that.

And the Big Valboski, was that trying to ape the big Lebowski?

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
With Hogan entering the arena, you could just see it in his face he's saying inside "I come back and I'm champion for a month? I should be champ for 10 years, brother!"

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

I forgot about Mark lifting that dumbbell. And this crowd is hot too.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Wow, they put Storm over in this match too

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

I really do miss the undisputed belt.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Vintimus Prime posted:

And he actually wrestled. I'm not sure how much of that was Angle but he really looked good. I was entertained watching that.

I mean in the sense that he did a lot of punches and really basic wrestling school holds, yes, he wrestled. you're acting like he was better then than he is now.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

I mean in the sense that he did a lot of punches and really basic wrestling school holds, yes, he wrestled. you're acting like he was better then than he is now.

I'm not saying he was better then, but I was more entertained with that match than some of his more recent ones. But again, it could have been more Angle than anything. It's been a while since I've seen the match.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah, it was probably mostly Angle, the dude was on fire at that point.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Is this the start of the build up for Hogan/McMahon?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I am watching a 2002 Batista and Randy Orton match?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Holy poo poo, tag match of Rev Devon/Batista vs Farooq/Randy Orton. I love the network.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

the gently caress is cole wearing

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

I love Jericho's king of the world chant haha

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
Edge is RIPPED.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Holy poo poo, Orton with a ... frog lateral press?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DudeDeuce posted:

Edge is RIPPED.

Yea he was jacked. I'm guessing this is before the first neck injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Is Kurt wearing a wig?

• Locked thread