Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Don't be a dick, it's a valid question and he answered it in a way that's informative.
Oh, I'm just poking fun since you were asking the same question of yourself a couple days ago. About Rhinox. Rhinoxes? Rhinoxen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Kind of hope that rumor about Legends Brawn/Outback being retools of Swerve/Gears to be not true. Brawn hasn't had an original figure since Universe 2.0 and it was a pretty spot on representation, they just need to give the new legends brawn a similar transformation for a larger size.

I'm wondering if Legends are going to wind up with 3-4 guys per wave now since they changed the case ratios to include the swerve and cosmos wave. Because going by the listings leaked from the computer we've got Nemesis Prime(legends prime repaint), Cliffjumper(bumblebee reapint), Thundercracker(2nd Starscream repaint), Windcharger(Tailgate repaint), Gnaw(possible Skrapnel repaint), the yet unamed Legends Megatron Repaint, as well as Gears and Acidstorm. That's a good 4 waves before we start getting stuff that hasn't been mentioned.

We still need a proper Seaspray and Huffer/Pipes above all else. :colbert:

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 21, 2014

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So I got my Chinese Knock-Off of Buster Prime and god drat I'm impressed by the quality, I honestly can't tell the difference between it and my regular ROTF Prime.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

SlothfulCobra posted:

Transformers are the coolest drat toys.

this is true.

They could only have been better if they were also Legos, but then they made Kre-o, and it was kind of 50/50.

That said, 100% certain that the TRU Devestator set with Ironhide is my childhood in a box, spiritually. Something I had (devestator & "Legos"), something I wanted (Ironhide), and something that traumatized me (toilet). Good times.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Soundblaster is out, get yours while you still can.

http://www.eptoy.com/product.php?id=2833

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Ka0 posted:

Soundblaster is out, get yours while you still can.

http://www.eptoy.com/product.php?id=2833

Hopefully they'll make a KO of the Ratbat because I really don't want to buy a Soundwave repaint just for a new cassette.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
^ Hopefully I can get just the Ratbat cassette at some point (perhaps a KO?). I don't see the need for another MP Soundwave, even if it looks good in black.

I watched Peaugh's Scoria review and that thing is reallllllllly slick. I am trying hard not to pre-order it. The way the dino legs fold into the robot legs is so nice and tight. The only potential issues I see are that the sword looks a little difficult to get into his hand and... the price.

Also I was so pumped to play with some of the toy robots I bought from Spike and then I immediately broke a handlebar off of Wreck-Gar. Thanks a lot automorph bullshit! Hopefully my superglue band-aid is strong enough to fix it.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

At this point in time, is it even worth trying to get the older legit Masterpiece cars on eBay? I'd rather buy the cheapest ones and and know they're knockoffs instead of dropping $100+ and being sent a knockoff.

I've been really proactive about preordering on HLJ for any new releases (2x Wheeljack and 2x Bumblebee :dance:). I really wish I had preordered the older cars when they came out for < $50 each.

Here's some knockoffs I've came across on eBay that seem pretty decent:

Bluestreak:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Transfo...=item2336e510f8

Smokescreen:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-takara-...=item258a8efe04

Sideswipe:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Transformers-Masterpiece-MP-12-s-39-90-/161238414522?_trksid=p2047675.l4066

Red Alert:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Transfo...e512ea#shpCntId

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I rather have the real deal when it comes to MPs, but I don't want to spend money on a MP Soundblaster just to get Ratbat. If they make a KO, I'll definitely go that route. Maybe they could pack him in with Enemy or something.

I wish I had gotten that 3rd party MP Shockwave before he got expensive as hell.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

I rather have the real deal when it comes to MPs, but I don't want to spend money on a MP Soundblaster just to get Ratbat. If they make a KO, I'll definitely go that route. Maybe they could pack him in with Enemy or something.

I wish I had gotten that 3rd party MP Shockwave before he got expensive as hell.

That's one of the reasons I'm really contemplating getting Not-Slag. I really doubt Takara will do Slag in the near future. We've got Ultra Magnus, Star Saber, Wheeljack, Bumblebee, and Cliffjumper coming out sooner or later. I'm convinced they'll do another version of Megatron or the coneheads as well.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Those datsuns aren't KOs. So far there haven't been any KOs of any of those 3, or at least as far as anyone can tell there haven't been.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I've just realized, I own every version of Soundblaster. G1, Cybertron, Animated, WFC, music label; not only that, I also have that senator Ratbat thing from generations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Gammatron 64 posted:

It appears none of the Quakewave ebay sellers are willing to ship to my orbit; so not only is it overpriced, it is also unobtainable to me. I'll make sure to grab Scoria as soon as I can.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sideswipe is getting another release this month:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11736&mode=retail $80

Red Alert later this year:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11798&mode=retail $80

Most of the Datsuns are still in stock everywhere

Smokescreen:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11669&mode=retail

Prowl:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/template.aspx?template=102639

Bluestreak:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11670&mode=retail

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
guys guys you have to read the preview of RID 28 in which there's a stunning develop as it has been revealed that Thundercracker is trying to write soap operas and has adopted a puppy

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Thundercracker rocks. It's cool that they're trying to give him (and Skywarp I guess) some sort of personality for once.

Have you dudes seen this? Apparently Milne based the design on some concept art Hasbro sent him so it might very well be a preview of how Generations Arcee is gonna look.

Of course people were complaining that it wasn't sexualized enough.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

I guess I'll be the one-man Henkei Dinobot Defense Squad. I think he rules. I wish there wasn't as much rubbery plastic, and I wish the sword was longer and pointy. Other than that, I love him. He's show-accurate enough, and where he's not show-accurate he's pretty cool. I have never looked at aftermarket prices (because I had that bad boy preordered) but unless they are over $100 they are about right. He owns like crazy.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not. I for one think the CHUG Dinobot gets an unwarranted amount of hate. It's not all that good, but it's certainly okay enough, and way better than CHUG Cheetor. But even I wouldn't say he "rules," "owns" or is worth more than about $10.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

I can't tell if this is a joke or not. I for one think the CHUG Dinobot gets an unwarranted amount of hate. It's not all that good, but it's certainly okay enough, and way better than CHUG Cheetor. But even I wouldn't say he "rules," "owns" or is worth more than about $10.

Given the criteria of "make a deluxe toy that's clearly the character of Dinobot but not slavishly accurate to the CGI model" I don't know how much better it could be done. He's definitely as good as Rhinox or Waspinator if way undersized to scale with them.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

looks neat, though already seeing some leg-kibble. :colbert:

Blackheart posted:

Of course people were complaining that it wasn't sexualized enough.

Arcee was always rendered more feminine (read sexualized if you want) then the others. That said, she was also rendered as more pink then the other Transformers, and Prime did away with that. So whatever, let's do this, giant buff blue Arcee, just repaint Metroplex blue with some pink highlights, it'd be great.

Real answer though, if she's less female, the toy can be re-purposed for other TFs without having to make up a bunch of other females.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Given the criteria of "make a deluxe toy that's clearly the character of Dinobot but not slavishly accurate to the CGI model" I don't know how much better it could be done. He's definitely as good as Rhinox or Waspinator if way undersized to scale with them.

Waspinator is way better. I haven't touched a Rhinox yet. The super obvious arms and hands on the raptor chest pretty much torpedo the Dinobot mold. I'm sure there was a slicker way to pull that off. Still, a real quality Dinobot would be a Voyager given his size in the show.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The size of the BW Deluxes compared to the size of modern generation deluxes has the BW deluxes tower over the modern ones.

But the problem is with the Beast War guys is that they can only be repainted as other Beast War Guys. I'd be pretty surprised if they actually pulled off a G1/G2/RID bot with Rhinox, Deluxe Waspinator, or Rattrap.

Yeah Legends waspinator is being repainted into a G1 Insecticon, but I don't think it's going to transfer over to the Deluxe toy.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Someone at TFW suggested that he could be remolded into Inferno. Remove the wings, remold the tail section, add a new robot head, and it's pretty much there.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

An Angry Bug posted:

Someone at TFW suggested that he could be remolded into Inferno. Remove the wings, remold the tail section, add a new robot head, and it's pretty much there.

Inferno was a Mega though so having a deluxe would be a step down from the already pretty show accurate original. He would need to be atleast a voyager or something. Because his butt transforms into a jetpack and that's a pretty big feature that would have trouble being shoehorned in on a figure who's entire center of gravity rlies on the legs locking into place.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Where the hell is my updated Quickstrike?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

You'll get it when I get my Generations Terrorsaur.

Who will then also be repainted into Swoop, Lazorbeak, Terronitron, and Purple Swoop.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

There was the deluxe figure Darksteel in the DOTM line but that was more of an homage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lepecard posted:

There was the deluxe figure Darksteel in the DOTM line but that was more of an homage.

Yeah, not happy until I get a totally new sexually harassing scorpion/rattlesnake bot.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm just wondering but how is it collecting Transformers Universe on the secondary market now? Not Classics Universe 2.0 but the original Universe line.

Does poo poo run ungodly expensive for most of the figures? I've got a couple of the big ones like Sentinal Maximus, Mega Zarack, Sam's Club Yellow Optimus Prime, Sam's Club Ultra Magnus, and Nemesis prime(the big convoy repaint). Going by the list there's a shitload of KB exclusives and since KB is defunct I have no idea how feasible it is to get them all. They also seem liek they're the same as the Takara blind box re-releases for the micromaster combiners, but I'm not sure about Superiorn.

Apparently some showed up in the Club Comic or something and made them suddenly important figures, but I think I have all of those guys.

It's most deluxes and Exclusives I'm missing. I've got all of the Ultra class guys with the exception of Soundwave and Space Case.

I've also got all of the Walmart Dinobots.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Mar 22, 2014

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Thundercracker chilling on Earth is The Best Thing. I'm sort of gutted that it's all going to get ruined for him, he seems so happy in his new life.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sentinel Red posted:

Thundercracker chilling on Earth is The Best Thing. I'm sort of gutted that it's all going to get ruined for him, he seems so happy in his new life.

Aside the psychologically damaged Lost Light members, Thundercracker is my favourite IDW character. Totally uninterested in the war, all about watching TV and finding out about humanity that way. Considering all the stuff that's been going on and how long he's been apart from it all, I'd wager he's pretty much the best expert on humanity the Cybertronians have now.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Holy crap, Warbotron.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Aside the psychologically damaged Lost Light members, Thundercracker is my favourite IDW character. Totally uninterested in the war, all about watching TV and finding out about humanity that way. Considering all the stuff that's been going on and how long he's been apart from it all, I'd wager he's pretty much the best expert on humanity the Cybertronians have now.
I wouldn't say he is totally uninterested in the war, I think his desertion was more about the lost cause of the Decepticons conflicting with the breach of his honor to join the Autobots. Well, also he got shot in the face. I am really excited to see him take up a more pivotal role in a book after what has it been, over a year of no use at all? But yeah, Thundercracker is now that I think about it easily the best thing to come out of the Costa run, although Costa did have lots of great ideas and awful execution much of the way.

I am also really hoping to see Jazz reunite with the human with wheels, and if they'll delve into the whereabouts of Spike.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Keldroc posted:

Holy crap, Warbotron.

Yes please.

Though I'm not big on this combiner thing of just sticking the transformed model onto the legs of the main bot.

Just looks a little lazy, not that I can think of a better idea.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Cassa posted:

Though I'm not big on this combiner thing of just sticking the transformed model onto the legs of the main bot.
In general I have to say that waist-up he looks brilliant, but the lower body looks pretty iffy. Those dainty hips feel like they should be snapping like twigs under his weight, and his shins and feet being little more than big ol' boxes doesn't really mesh with the more complex, musculature-like aesthetic he has going up top.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
"Aren't you a little short for a Devastator?"

:wookie:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Holy crap, Warbotron.

I guess the G1 Brawl mistransformation has become the official mode even in third parties. His turret is supposed to be the back of the leg not some sort of knee cap.

The only version of the figure to show it right was RID Ruination, but strangely the Universe 1.0 Desert Camo version reversed it back to the G1 mistransformation. And even the classics versions of Bruticus and Ruination have all had brawl's turret at the front of the leg.

Warbotron is going to be like 600 bucks or something, the very least they could do would allow both options IMO. :colbert:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Looks wicked but it's almost... too big? Not really complaining but it's gonna be way too much dollar for me. I think I'll settle for the Microblaze FoC Bruticus, even if it's partsformery.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

Waspinator is way better. I haven't touched a Rhinox yet. The super obvious arms and hands on the raptor chest pretty much torpedo the Dinobot mold. I'm sure there was a slicker way to pull that off. Still, a real quality Dinobot would be a Voyager given his size in the show.

I find Waspinator's robot arms to be as least as obvious/annoying as Dinobot's in beast mode. And you won't get any argument from me that Dinobot should be voyager size. But I'm pretty much over bitching about characters being the wrong size/class. Thus it has ever been and I don't see it changing soon.

Did HasTak release a perfect classics Dinobot? Nope. But what I am saying is that given the budget, size class, etc that the designer was handed, the designer did a great job that I really enjoy. The different hand options, the shape of the tail, the way his calves still have their "ribs", the headsculpt of both molds, the color choices on the Henkei...there's just a heck of a lot to love.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I just got some Arms Microns (thanks SpikeMcclane!) and as I build them, I figure I'd ask: what's the best way to keep the stickers on? Should I just superglue them?

I mean I know they'll eventually peel. Such is the fate of all stickers.

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Cassa posted:

Yes please.

Just looks a little lazy, not that I can think of a better idea.

They aren't stuck on the legs of the main bot, they are the full lower leg, if you mean that thing Fansproject did with Menasor.

If you mean the fact that his lower legs are literally a Jeep and a tank, well...nature of the beast on that one. I guess in this case they didn't want to sacrifice any height with a "leg mode" for them. Any shorter and he would look a bit stumpy, proportionally, and his legs are already a little uneven with the skinny thighs.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Warbotron is going to be like 600 bucks or something, the very least they could do would allow both options IMO. :colbert:

It's a rotating connecter peg, I believe, so you could just turn it around. It'll show robot kibble, but Swindle and Brawl's leg modes pretty much were just their robot bodies.

Blackheart posted:

Looks wicked but it's almost... too big? Not really complaining but it's gonna be way too much dollar for me. I think I'll settle for the Microblaze FoC Bruticus, even if it's partsformery.

No such thing as too big in the combiner world, my friend. I'd kind of prefer Predaking to be the biggest combiner on the shelf, but Bruticus is a good #2 pick considering his character and function. Only problem is I do not have a shelf tall enough for him or Feral Rex, but I'm sure I will solve that first world problem when the time comes.