Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

kalstrams posted:

Speaking of deathmatch, do we know how players are matched together in it?

Pretty sure your client just looks for a server with available slots and the lowest possible ping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Pretty sure your client just looks for a server with available slots and the lowest possible ping.

This would explain why sometimes bots are the best players in enemy team, but sometimes I am being destroyed no matter what I do.

Unless I camp tunnel with Negev. :madmax:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

This Jacket Is Me posted:

I've played that guy and he's not that good. Is he a CSelebrity or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93LHWd-FU3Q

Don't take my word for it, take this bizarrely perfect video response to your question! If you ever played him and he was poo poo, I'd assume it was just a fakenick or something, because like you say he is something of a CSelebrity. There's a ton of highlight vids on youtube to show you what like thousands of hours of CS can do to a human being/an alternate universe where AWP shots seem to hit people.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
I don't have flash on this machine (!), but I'll check it out later. Where is he from? I play on GMT+1 and GMT+2 servers (basically anything east of Germany) and I've seen that guy plus other Na'vi players and they haven't struck me as anything incredible. If he's American then the guys that I've seen are probably fake (although I do catch the odd Yank early in the morning sometimes).

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I don't have flash on this machine (!), but I'll check it out later. Where is he from? I play on GMT+1 and GMT+2 servers (basically anything east of Germany) and I've seen that guy plus other Na'vi players and they haven't struck me as anything incredible. If he's American then the guys that I've seen are probably fake (although I do catch the odd Yank early in the morning sometimes).

GuardiaN is from Slovakia, GMT+2. Rest of Na'Vi guys are Ukrainians/Russians, and their manager is Belarus.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

He's not American, but you (and a lot of people) don't seem to realize how common it is for people to tag up as a pro player just for this very reason. People do it all the time, unless you've matched their steamID to a published SteamID of theirs on ESEA or legitproof or a teams official web page, it's probably safe to assume it's fake.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Slovakia iirc, but I dunno where he lives or anything. You're in the right timezone though. If you're better than the players in Na'Vi you could getting paid to play videogames though, assuming you're not running into fakenicks. If you're in the top ranks you might see them in MM I guess? But I doubt they play MM often/at all. The game I got was from IRC. I only ever ran into one or two well-known players in MM and that was a long time ago, and not as well known as the players in Na'Vi.

Subjectively I'd say best AWP in the world, objectively top 3.

e:f;b

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

NTT posted:

If you were running, shotguns occasionally veer around a bit. Whiffing happens sometimes too, especially at short range. Go into Deathmatch and gently caress around with a shotgun a bit to get a different feel for it.

We were both standing still. It's happened so many times I can't put it down to weapon spread, especially as there's blood everywhere. On another note, had my best round just now, 3 vs 1, 3 kills and a defuse, all with the shotgun around the crates on mirage A.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Welp, finally got my first matchmaking ace. The opponents were probably the worst bunch of silvers on the planet, but hey, I gotta start somewhere. :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWiVtjBScsg

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Smol posted:

Welp, finally got my first matchmaking ace. The opponents were probably the worst bunch of silvers on the planet, but hey, I gotta start somewhere. :toot:

Teammates not letting you have the defuse? No honour. But does Bot Wesley count?? One for the CS lawyers.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Jeza posted:

But does Bot Wesley count?? One for the CS lawyers.

poo poo, I didn't even notice that. He came back on the next round. :negative:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Does anybody else have random spurts where they become an AK Wizard for one round and ace their team effortlessly, only to spend the rest of the day being a mediocre AK player? I'm so inconsistent that it amplifies the gambling feel of the game immensely.

Maybe this is why we have this smiley :csgo:

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 22, 2014

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Well, CS is entirely luck based, so yeah, pretty much.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

NTT posted:

Does anybody else have random spurts where they become an AK Wizard for one round and ace their team effortlessly, only to spend the rest of the day being a mediocre AK player? I'm so inconsistent that it amplifies the gambling feel of the game immensely.

The thing about being an ace player is that sometimes you're a 1 and sometimes you're an 11.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

:pcgaming:

NTT posted:

I think when you're running hot, all that's happened is that you got to the state where you're not actually thinking at all, but have the muscle memory and gamesense built in to guide you. Hitting truely zen moments like that is pretty much why I play CSS. That and case opening.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Unused posted:

I think when you're running hot, all that's happened is that you got to the state where you're not actually thinking at all, but have the muscle memory and gamesense built in to guide you. Hitting truely zen moments like that is pretty much why I play CSS. That and case opening.

More commonly for me is I have zen moments until the last kill then Nova happens

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
I have xen moments

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Unused posted:

I feel this kind of. Things just flow, and your cursor just naturally leads to where their head has to go if they want to position themselves favorably because you already know where that place is. Now if I can just learn how to peek CTs who play in front of the big box outside B tuns on Dust II. I think it's because I don't have a piece of cover to use as a guideline for where to put the cursor. There isn't anywhere easy to remember like the back box or playing that barrel in B site.

e; I find it really satisfying to push long A on Dust as well and already have my cursor placed exactly where I would put my head if I was peeking it from pit, already ready to 1ak them. That is what I enjoy most, leading a peek spot and just removing that player from the round. Well, that and getting that bullshit 1deag 3k on a save round.

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 22, 2014

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009

Jeza posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93LHWd-FU3Q

Don't take my word for it, take this bizarrely perfect video response to your question! If you ever played him and he was poo poo, I'd assume it was just a fakenick or something, because like you say he is something of a CSelebrity. There's a ton of highlight vids on youtube to show you what like thousands of hours of CS can do to a human being/an alternate universe where AWP shots seem to hit people.

That was some good AWP, especially the long alley in front of Inferno A.

Smol posted:

Bots count. I've been shamed to die to them. I even think they have personalities, like Wyatt is more aggressive, etc. Wyatt's a punk IMO.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

I have xen moments

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

I've played that guy and he's not that good. Is he a CSelebrity or something?

Bots count. I've been shamed to die to them.

What tomfoolery is this?

Coleman
May 5, 2011

So it's getting pretty old at this point, and I've tried every solution I can think of, maybe someone else has another idea.

That "memory leak" problem that people have (I know it's not really a memory leak, but where your FPS suddenly drops to like a third of your usual) is or at least was pretty common for a lot of people. The issue is, I get it multiple times a game, like every 10-15 minutes it'll drop from 250 to about 70. -processheap on or off doesn't matter, I've tried completely reinstalling the game, graphics drivers are up to date. It's getting to the point where I barely even want to load up the game as I just get miserable in game when I'm losing fights I should win because of the stutter.

So if someone has a suggestion on what I might try, I'm all ears, because I'd love to fix it.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
70 fps is unplayable for you?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Coleman posted:

So if someone has a suggestion on what I might try, I'm all ears, because I'd love to fix it.

Have you tried uninstalling?

DareToSlack
Aug 24, 2006
I'm not gay, but $20 is $20.
The "Leave the multimedia class scheduler service running, but disable its network throttling feature" fix at the end of this post on the official forums made a big difference performance-wise for me.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I guess steam is down???

e; it's already back up, lol

Coleman
May 5, 2011

NTT posted:

70 fps is unplayable for you?
Did you ever have the "memory leak" when everyone was having it? It's not just that it drops your FPS, but it's a stuttery drop. If it dropped my FPS to 70 and it was a smooth steady 70, I wouldn't care. But it's not, it's stuttery and drops even more if I see an enemy. It's hard to explain, but it's not just "oh it's 70 FPS now!" it's a jittery unplayable mess.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Goddamn, a 16-0 loss against unranked players on nuke. That really was something. :psyduck:

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
*squeezes balls*

GuardiaN

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I am now smurfing 95% shotguns as Put 'cho hand up on my clip :madmax:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Game against a 5 stack of poo poo-talkers, keep saying how pro they are, I end up top fragger for both teams but team was too noobish to edge us through.

"You use auto-sniper noob!"
"You use AUG! noob!"
"You use P90 you noob!"

All coming from their bottom fragger who had less than a third of my kills and 7 deaths more than me.

For the record I did not just use those weapons, I wiped out their team once or twice with the AK and M4. I really don't get this 'Auto sniper noob gun' talk, It's a game with a built in economy, if you think the auto-sniper is the best buy right now (which is sometimes the case when you know you're gonna deal with a team that only rushes and your team takes a while to rotate and help) then by all means it's your money, clearly the weapons in CS are not meant to be perfectly balanced with each other. I can understand getting annoyed with people who use the auto-sniper in DM but otherwise, gimme a break.

I dunno if the matchmaking algorithm makes it less likely for 5 stacks to match-up against solo-queues or not but I think it would be nice, not that I didn't come up against utterly incompetent 5 stacks but it definitely gives them an edge as long as they're not idiots.

Yes, I don't like losing in video games.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Coleman posted:

Did you ever have the "memory leak" when everyone was having it? It's not just that it drops your FPS, but it's a stuttery drop. If it dropped my FPS to 70 and it was a smooth steady 70, I wouldn't care. But it's not, it's stuttery and drops even more if I see an enemy. It's hard to explain, but it's not just "oh it's 70 FPS now!" it's a jittery unplayable mess.

this exact thing just started happening to me in the last two days, I've tried every 'fix' on the first page of google that was relevant and nothing's worked.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

"You use auto-sniper noob!"
"You use AUG! noob!"
"You use P90 you noob!"

All coming from their bottom fragger who had less than a third of my kills and 7 deaths more than me.

Yeah this is me in pretty much every MM game. It's good to get in the other team's head and hopefully throw them off somewhat. Nothing worse than getting jumping-90ed by a poo poo-talking bottom-fragger.

It helps to have some good, offensive chat binds which you can use in intense situations to enrage your opponent.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

It helps to have some good, offensive chat binds which you can use in intense situations to enrage your opponent.

I use Jerkcity. It's technically for Team Fortress 2, but it works just fine for this game.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

:cripes: What have you done?!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Casull posted:

I use Jerkcity. It's technically for Team Fortress 2, but it works just fine for this game.

God damnit you mean I wasn't the only one to think of this? :mad:

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
That thing seems super lame and stupid, and anyone who uses it likes super lame and stupid things.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Apogee15 posted:

That thing seems super lame and stupid, and anyone who uses it likes super lame and stupid things.

We should MM in the near future. I got a new thing to try out :black101:

edit: your super lame and stupid

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Apogee15 posted:

your just bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

old dog child posted:

your just bad

Oh god, please never say that again. The most retarded bind I have ever seen in CS

• Locked thread