Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A big problem are those alien contacts. I don't think anyone really would have complained if Sue didn't have blue eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Wow, after reading that my opinion of the FF movies have gone from "disliked" to "hated". That is horrible.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Madkal posted:

If we are talking about badly done villains in movies I will always put Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face on the top of my list. Two Face is supposed to be a character of angst and anger and internal turmoil. Instead Jones tried to do his best Joker interpretation and tried out-overact Jim Carey in a portrayal that made little sense

I like Batman Forever, but it was a really weird film. I liked Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face, but I don't think he was modelled on any Two-Face ever seen in any comic, or TV series (maybe if they'd gotten him into the '66 series like they'd tried?).

As far as Jessica Alba, Jesus, that's loving terrible. I only saw the first one, and enjoyed it, but it wasn't good.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think Two-Face was played the way he was because if he had tried to do something subtler Jim Carrey would've just taken over every scene completely.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So here's every marvel film due out in the next 5 years.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier: April 4, 2014
The Amazing Spider-Man 2: May 2, 2014
X-Men: Days of Future Past: May 23, 2014
Guardians of the Galaxy: Aug. 1, 2014
Big Hero 6 (Disney Animation): Nov. 7, 2014
Avengers: Age of Ultron: May 1, 2015
Fantastic Four: June 19, 2015
Antman: July 17, 2015
Captain America 3: May 6, 2016
X-Men: Apocalypse: May 27, 2016
The Amazing Spider-Man 3: June 10, 2016
Marvel Studios TBA: July 29, 2016
The Wolverine 2: March 3, 2017
Marvel Studios TBA: May 5, 2017*
Fantastic Four 2: July 14, 2017
The Amazing Spider-Man 4: May 4, 2018
Fox Studios Marvel TBA: July13, 2018 (X-Men spinoff?)

Lets make wild speculations about the TBA films, and what the plot of Wolverine 2 will be. As someone pointed out int he Flophouse facebook group, Wolverine 2 is actually the 3rd Wolverine movie, but they are clearly trying to ignore that. I'd really love a Wolverine buddy film. Its too bad they already did a Japan story because I would have loved to have seen Jackman and Page as Logan and Kitty in Japan.

The rumors possibilities for the unnamed Marvel studios films are Thor 3 (a sure thing), Black Panther, Dr Strange Z(both projects that have been mentioned to exist in some form), Captain Marvel (Only in me and the rest of Team Carol's fevered imaginations) and Black Widow (perpetual rumor).

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Someday I really want to see that Tim Blake Nelson Leader :sigh:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

twistedmentat posted:

Lets make wild speculations about the TBA films,

They're banking on Guardians of the Galaxy (specifically, Rocket Raccoon's reception) to make a Howard the Duck reboot possible.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Madkal posted:

If we are talking about badly done villains in movies I will always put Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face on the top of my list. Two Face is supposed to be a character of angst and anger and internal turmoil. Instead Jones tried to do his best Joker interpretation and tried out-overact Jim Carey in a portrayal that made little sense

I wonder how the film would have fared had the storylines been switched around a bit. Riddler's origin is given in a quick montage, setting up a goofy Batman deathtrap at the start. Think about it, the opening bit with the bank sort of maybe works as a Riddler scheme for an elaborate costumed nut death trap that could play into the Riddler MO of how he tries to prove his superiority to Batman: I'm smart enough to break out of it, but are you? He's the flashy showman villain with elaborate hideouts and such.

Move Dent over to give him the origin story angle of the film. We see Dent and Bruce interacting, then we get an accident that befalls him that breaks his mind in two, and see his progression from good man to hopelessly bound to flipping a coin to determine right and wrong. All that very early sympathy they try to put on Riddler/Nygma is given to Dent, instead.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

twistedmentat posted:

Lets make wild speculations about the TBA films

I don't think there's a lot to speculate on, honestly. Avengers 2 is next year (2015), which means that 2016 needs Thor 3 and 2017 needs Cap 3, with Avengers 3 probably coming out in 2018 even though there are no 2018 projects on that list.

It's not really an imaginative answer, but it fits really well with their established schedule.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sarchasm posted:

I don't think there's a lot to speculate on, honestly. Avengers 2 is next year (2015), which means that 2016 needs Thor 3 and 2017 needs Cap 3, with Avengers 3 probably coming out in 2018 even though there are no 2018 projects on that list.

It's not really an imaginative answer, but it fits really well with their established schedule.

Cap 3 is already on the list for 2017, but thor 3 is certainly one of the TBA films, its the second one that's up for grabs.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They're banking on Guardians of the Galaxy (specifically, Rocket Raccoon's reception) to make a Howard the Duck reboot possible.

Howard the Duck Returns (with "and he's not happy about it" as the tagline)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Blade 4

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

twistedmentat posted:

Cap 3 is already on the list for 2017, but thor 3 is certainly one of the TBA films, its the second one that's up for grabs.

Whoops, you're right.

In that case I'm going to say the mystery 2017 project is a Ghost Rider prequel starring a completely CG Nic Cage.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sanschel posted:

Someday I really want to see that Tim Blake Nelson Leader :sigh:

I'm with you. drat loving shame.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

twistedmentat posted:

with a Guardians of the Galaxy movie and an Agents of Shield show, would some form of live-action NextWave be too much to ask for?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have to imagine that at least Marvel TBAs is Guardians 2. Maybe not the 2016 one but probably the 2017. Although if it does gangbusters I could see them rushing for the 2016 date.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Deadpool :unsmigghh:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

quote:

Cry pretty, Jessica.
That is hands down one of the creepiest loving sentences. That's like some serial killer poo poo.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

TwoPair posted:

I think you're half close. I'm guessing it's going to be the x force movie from fox. With some build up from apocalypse possibly featuring Cable as build up. Possibly another cameo of someone(deadpool again?) in the wolverine 2. With knowledge there is a script for x force written, it could make sense.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

twistedmentat posted:

The rumors possibilities for the unnamed Marvel studios films are Thor 3 (a sure thing), Black Panther, Dr Strange Z(both projects that have been mentioned to exist in some form), Captain Marvel (Only in me and the rest of Team Carol's fevered imaginations) and Black Widow (perpetual rumor).

Actually Feige has said now that Natasha is enough of a character in the big films that a spin off wouldn't be worth it so they won't be doing a Black Widow film.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Dacap posted:

I think Two-Face was played the way he was because if he had tried to do something subtler Jim Carrey would've just taken over every scene completely.

I'm pretty sure Tommy Lee Jones could project enough quiet menace to play a great strait man to Carrey. His serious concrete piercing stare, and occasionally his hand gripped around Riddler's throat could have balanced things out a bit.

TwoPair posted:

I've read that script and there's no way it's getting filmed unless it's on a tiny budget or R rated action comedies are the next big thing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Crossposting from CineD:

Cap's notebook from the opening scene of Captain America 2.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

I've read that script and there's no way it's getting filmed unless it's on a tiny budget or R rated action comedies are the next big thing.

A fox executive did say if it was to get made, it'd be a smaller budget (40-50 million). And it has gone through a rewrite from the leaked one. If the x force movies turns out okay, I feel it gets made afterwords. The original wolverine butchered him so bad he needs another appearance somewhere else to salvage the character.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Marvel should try and pre-empt Warner Bros. by trying their luck with a Squadron Supreme movie.

The first one could (loosely) adapt (ideas from) Supreme Power, the second one could adapt (parts of) the Mark Gruenwald miniseries, then the third one could adapt JLA/Avengers except without the actual JLA.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

Actually Feige has said now that Natasha is enough of a character in the big films that a spin off wouldn't be worth it so they won't be doing a Black Widow film.

Haha, are you serious? Is that the excuse they're using?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

ImpAtom posted:

Haha, are you serious? Is that the excuse they're using?

quote:

I think [Black Widow] has a central leading role in this movie (Cap 2). What people are really saying is “When are you doing a standalone female superhero movie?” The answer is: I don’t know. We only do two a year, we know more or less what’s coming up through ‘16/’17. With Widow what’s great is the interaction with all the team members, and the question is whether we want to pluck her out of that.

I’m very proud of the way the Marvel movies handle the female characters who are in all the movies we are making, as opposed to feeling the pressure of ‘When are you doing a female movie?’ We’re exploring a lot of Widow, and that’s going to continue with Age of Ultron in a big way...

Frankly if we do a Black Widow movie after Age of Ultron, when she’s been central in three or four movies I don’t think we’d get the quote unquote credit for it. People would say ‘She’s already a big giant superhero!’ But if we had a great idea, we’d do it.

He then goes on to say they are totally looking at possibly doing a female superhero with her own origin film and it could totally be Captain Marvel.

source

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Those are some amazing mental gymnastics.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Paolo Rivera made a pretty sweet cast and crew poster for Cap 2

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Waterhaul posted:

He then goes on to say they are totally looking at possibly doing a female superhero with her own origin film and it could totally be Captain Marvel.

source

That sure is something.

Still think a Black Widow / Hawkguy movie would own.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Waterhaul posted:

source

Maybe I'm just being a little too generous in giving him the benefit of the doubt, but that reads a lot less like "we don't want to do a female superhero movie" and more like "we want to show we have more than one female superhero". A solo Black Widow film would probably be pretty cool, but if the choice is between Marvel and Widow I'd much rather see Carol running a big screen solo debut.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Dacap posted:

Words do not adequately express how much I love & want this.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The MSJ posted:

Crossposting from CineD:

I am going to Image he saw Star Wars because Agent Danvers had them aboard.

Dacap posted:

I can hear a wa wa and bongo soundtrack emanating from that poster. That's awesome.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Crossposting from CineD:

This just further fuels my interest in a Marvel/Star Wars crossover.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

NienNunb posted:

Maybe he's talking about some non fictional history books on that list, not the movies. :aaa:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

NienNunb posted:

They should have Rocket and Groot in episode VII. No explanation for why they're hanging around with Han and Chewie (and you know they'd hang out with Han and Chewie), they're just there.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Crossposting from CineD:

I know it's probably "disco", but I so want that to be Pisco just so that he takes a sip, finds out that it is a horrible drink then adds coke and then chugs it. What I'm saying is that I want a pisco+coke combos to have captain america in them from now on.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Crossposting from CineD:

Waiting for the Dick Butt edit.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

If I recall, the biggest scene in the movie is the super slow motion opening. The end is a big gun fight (with Colossus as his buddy!!!!) and the building crashes down. I think it'd do just fine on a cheap budget. In fact, that's the only way to really do it. And the best part? Deadpool can comment on how cheap it is.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Maybe I'm just being a little too generous in giving him the benefit of the doubt, but that reads a lot less like "we don't want to do a female superhero movie" and more like "we want to show we have more than one female superhero". A solo Black Widow film would probably be pretty cool, but if the choice is between Marvel and Widow I'd much rather see Carol running a big screen solo debut.

Same here, but mainly because I don't like Johanson as Black Widow.

What is the last thing it says on the notebook? Work computer is small and crappy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Soonmot posted:

Same here, but mainly because I don't like Johanson as Black Widow.

What is the last thing it says on the notebook? Work computer is small and crappy.

Troubleman (soundtrack)

• Locked thread