Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'm on my phone and traveling at the moment so I'll get to the oaths as soon as I can (but as usual please go ahead and get started) but I have an

:siren: ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT THE JUDGING :siren:

Sole.Sushi has had to drop out judging so at very short notice I've wrangled Fix to fill in as a judge for the rest of this oath season. Hopefully no one has a problem with this (Fix was oathing until a few months ago), but we need to complete judgements from January before we can move on to February, and he's the best qualified person to ask to fill the hole that Sole.Sushi leaves behind.

Sole.Sushi has been judging and doing the Accepted oaths for a long time before this, he's been part of the Oath Thread far longer than I have, and we'll miss his judgements around here! I'd like to thank him for all his input and help with the thread and judgements he's done. Fix was a judge in the last thread and brings his wisdom of judge-hood, and has my profuse thanks for stepping in at very short notice.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath Complete:

Jurnal:

The gun was made from plasticard tubing and has the bullets from the OOP Ork Bikes and an exhaust from the newer Ork bikes. I used greenstuff to make the belt holding the bullets.

You can see the engines from a Landspeeder on the back of the model. I cut some of the plastic away and glued them onto the back of the Dethkopta. There was greenstuff and pining involved with plasticard to hide a few seams. The big exhaust on the bike is made from plasticard tubing with holes drilled in.

The base of the kit is a deffkopter and Wazdakka's upper body is made from a Blackreach Nob. His legs and one arm are from the Dethkopta kit.

The wheels on the bike are from the Battlewagon kit. Wazdakka's head is from the Black Ork set. I made the Powerklaw from the 2 Ork chainswords and some choppas. The part of the bike between the two front forks is plasticard as is the shield for the front wheel.

This grot is from the New stormboyz kit. I built the tankard out of plasticard and greenstuff. The front forks are made from greenstuff with wire and plasticard tubing cut out for armour plates. The Fuel tank is from the Ork battleforce.

Box art

The stormboy nob:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1060178

I converted the model a little but kept the same scheme.

Stormboyz boxart

Again, I have messed around with the arms and the heads but I kept the same scheme.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 20, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Haydrian posted:

I would like to add six objective markers as an "I rolled a 6!...or a 20...or maybe an 01" bonus, is this pre-paint photo ok?

Pending Krush's approval but it looks fine to me.

NTRabbit posted:

Is that a themed group? I don't recall, but not claiming anything else this month, will oath addition for a jurnal entry before the deadline on Sunday if I feel I have time

Yes, 5+ models at the normal 28mm scale is enough for a Themed Group.

enri posted:

Leperflesh, I have this as my before photo, will this be ok?

Yup, that's fine!

Iris of Ether posted:

I'm willing to handle the spreadsheet at a minimum for Season 5. I'd like the opportunity to return to a little zen painting for awhile, and some weird part of me finds spreadsheets fun. :)

That is excellent. I'd be happy to go over the existing spreadsheet with you (what certain sheets/columns/cells are for, what my process is for doing updates, whatever) at some point, if you like. It'll be up to you whether you want to re-use all or part of it, or make your own.

A weird part of me finds spreadsheets fun too.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, do add to my oath one scratchbuilt Lucius-pattern Reaver Titan, in 6mm scale.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

:toot: Hello Oath Thread, my old friend.

I've come to judge you goons again.
:toot:

Sounds like there's a little backlog business that needs to get taken care of, so I'll just go ahead and award January's 3 point prize to Monoliths!

As I scanned back and forth between my top favorites, the vibrancy of your colors and the bright shine of your metals stopped me in my tracks. Add to that your solid work on stippling wear and a nice glow effect, and it eeked out a win by my eye.

I guess we're getting to February shortly.

Good luck and keep up the good work, guys!

Fix fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 20, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hi Fix! Thanks for taking over judging duties.

For January, you need to pick a First Place (3pts), Second Place (2pts), and Third Place (1pt) winner, and also a Best Theme (1pt) pick which is the best representation of January's theme.

Because of the Bacthere Clause, and because you're taking over for Sole.Sushi, you cannot pick as your 1st or 2nd place winner, the goon who Sole.Sushi picked for 1st place in December (WhiteOutMouse).

January's Theme was Object Source Lighting.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Erm.. I knew that. Yes. Of course I did.

Second place (2 points): Iris of Ether's wicked Clockwork Dragon.

Third (1 point): Red Shoe's collection of glow-y fire and glow-ier robots.

Theme: Best OSL (1 point): Red Shoe

Fix fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 20, 2014

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
:siren:I Black_Nexus am oathing 1 infinity miniature(alguacile) and one kitbashed greatsword graveguard:siren:

My jurnal is for this guy, a combination of zombie head, greatsword body and free company arms.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Leperflesh posted:

That is excellent. I'd be happy to go over the existing spreadsheet with you (what certain sheets/columns/cells are for, what my process is for doing updates, whatever) at some point, if you like. It'll be up to you whether you want to re-use all or part of it, or make your own.

Barring any major rules changes, I think I'm going to just reuse the spreadsheet. It seems to be as clean as you can reasonably get it for the level of tracking that you need to keep, and holy cow do I not want to mess up any of those cell references on accident. :xd:

I think I'm generally familiar with all of the syntax used in every sheet but 'Interesting Statistics' and 'worksheet', but I get what those are trying to accomplish.

I would love hearing about your update process (here or in PM), though!

quote:

A weird part of me finds spreadsheets fun too.

I had a competent physics professor who trained us early on their use, and my first boss had a, uh, 'special' love for his spreadsheets. His multi-page, world-spanning, completely dense spreadsheets. Spreadsheets that could kill a man. You learn quick.

Fix posted:

Second place (2 points): Iris of Ether's wicked Clockwork Dragon.

:neckbeard: Thanks!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
:siren: OATH COMPLETE :siren:

Closeup of neck and chest:

Once again, the Jurnal is the repositioning of the head, which involved sculpting new fur around the neck and upper chest, and hiding the old neck hole with a handsculpted medallion thingy.

Alternate unofficial oath complete picture :v:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

enri posted:

I, enri, do oath to paint the following odds and sods

1 x Chaos Cultist (as a Necromunda Cawdor ganger), scale is 28mm and manufacturer is Games Workshop
3 x Reaper AA Grav-Tanks, scale is 10mm and manufacturer is Hawk Wargames
3 x Hunter Grav-Tanks, scale is 10mm and manufacturer is Hawk Wargames

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint 4x Stage 3As and 1 Stage 3A w/ HMG for Deadzone by Mantic

Haydrian posted:

I would like to add six objective markers as an "I rolled a 6!...or a 20...or maybe an 01" bonus, is this pre-paint photo ok?

Signal posted:

I, Signal, do add to my oath one scratchbuilt Lucius-pattern Reaver Titan, in 6mm scale.

Black_Nexus posted:

:siren:I Black_Nexus am oathing 1 infinity miniature(alguacile) and one kitbashed greatsword graveguard:siren:
All of the above oaths are Accepted!

Iris of Ether posted:

I'm not entirely sure how to add this to my entry, so This is my Display Board entry:

It's unpainted wood and plaster. The columns have a single basecoat (to cover over some really old granite texture). Size is 12" x 12" (as each plaster square is 1 square inch).
Excellent! No need to oath it (as in, if you fail it there's no consequence BUT you do have to post the unpainted model with timestamp before you start) but this is how Display Board, Diorama and Get Based Out entries ought to be presented before painting.

Leperflesh posted:

Pending Krush's approval but it looks fine to me.
Yup, all good!

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

Claiming:
  • Jurnal

Save da Whales Complete!

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/u9zKyC0.jpg][/timg]

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Oath Complete

I'm pretty pleased with how the painting came out, albeit the wings and base are a little :effort: - the base is for a reason, using last month's hydra in play, I found it would have been useful not to have junk on the base so minis could be placed on it (4e rules normal size minis can share space with huge creatures like these), so I kept the base very simple. The wings, I just rushed a bit cos I had to get it done all in one weekend.

It was painted and used as a vampiric green dragon, hence the slightly faded colours and the albino-rabbit eyes, which I'm particularly chuffed with.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

The Scourge Desolator, I left him shiny as I liked the evil alien look it give this unit.

The UCM commander, the Kodiak, seems to have a slight Razorworm problem....

Now on to the Plague.
The three Stage 2's and the monstrous Stage 1 in the bottom right.

Here are the grunts, machine gunners, dogs, Mr muscles and the normal stage 3's.

No Journal this month.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Monoliths posted:

:catdrugs:OATH ADDITION:catdrugs:

Just makin sure I got approval on this, I scanned the last few pages and didn't find it. I'm just about to prime him and I'll probably go for speed painting tomorrow.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
March Oath Complete

Crappy phone pic, but it is what it is.

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008
I, Avenger_Mullah, hereby oath 4 High Elf Heroes (kallistra, 10mm) and 4 Squigs/monsters (entirely homemade from greenstuff and wood, also 10mm)

The greenstuff and wood monsters will count for jurnal, right?

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, make the following addition to my oath:

4 GW Orcs

Realized if I finished this unit I could actually play a game!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza... hereby oath: (1) Tawny Firehair, Cat Girl for March! This is from Reaper Miniatures, 28mm....

Finally posting my post-conversion pre-paint pics, after a solid week and a half of :bang: :

Adjustments include: sculpted-on clothing in two different materials (ProCreate and greenstuff); right arm crudely bent into shape repositioned; ninja-claws removed from the right glove; the original staff weapon replaced with a Reaper bits bow from the sprue in the oath pic. The base is from either Secret Weapon or Micro Art Studios (I can't remember which, it's been sitting in my bits box for about two years, sorry). I wasn't able to fit the quiver from the same Reaper pack onto the mini, so it's replaced here with a quiver from this sprue out of Wargames Factory's Amazon Warriors box:

(You might notice that the greenstuff is on the mini over a layer of primer. This can be attributed to my brain falling out about mid-week.)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Oath Complete!

"Oh cool, is that a fairy you're painti-" :barf:

The wings were a little difficult to work with - I wanted to keep them semi-translucent, but pulling that off and still incorporating the blue in the color scheme wasn't easy. I'd probably solid paint them on a different attempt.

The Jurnal is the wings, the swap of the spear for the arm-mount crossbow, the gross bug eye, and the addition of antennae.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
I oath for March 1 GW deathwing terminator

jurnal Conversion on this is him holding the banner, normally it is on his back.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath Erebus, a 28mm model from the Cryx faction of Warmachine, because I need to oath something and it's primed, even though I really only play Khador now.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Oath complete!

Jurnal is the swapped gun and the leg brace.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Speed painting shenanigans! Here's my attempt: a weirdboy showing some not-so-subtle signs of mutation. The scheme is a love letter to sepia wash. :allears:

I'll do his base, as well as get some better shots, when I finish up the planes.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Germ posted:

Making an Oath Addition Alternate Universe Style.

Not sure if I'll get these 9 Plaguebearers by GW (28mm) done this month, but in some universe, I'm sure I will.

Alternate Universe Oath Complete!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Again tempting fate like an idiot and oathing with one week left.

I, Weirdo, Oath one Ork Boy, kitbashed with a Stormboy head, and a fantasy torso. He will break you.

Also trying to "Save Da Whales, namely my 13 dwarves. Actually I miscounted before because two extras fell into my egg carton so it's actually 13+2 dwarf warriors :doh:

Weirdo posted:

I, Weirdo, oath a lucky group of thirteen dwarves, which are Games Workshop Dwarf models (a mix of Warriors, Thunderers and Miners). These guys are being used for my group's Dwarf Fortress inspired Dungeon World game (roll +potash).

Here they are now:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

:siren: Alternate Universe Oath :siren:

Eudoros, from Corvus Belli's 28mm Infinity game line.

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
I, Android, oath this Ork gun drone made of plasticard and some gw bits

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
I, Illudere, oath 8 Persian archers by Pendraken in 10mm and 33 dwarves from Games workshop in 10mm.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:Final March oath: A Titan Gladiator and Morghoul:siren:
These are Privateer Press

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I whiteoutmouse oath 1 skyray with magnetized missiles!
Games workshop, 28mm. 40k line Tank size.

*timiged becuase it is huge but you might need to resolution to see the date.

Missiles are primed white there. Rest was airbrushed one color of yellow.

Here is the :science:

Kinda a waist of magnets but it is very strong and very easy to do. Snip the parts that slot in an replace with magnet. Then glue magnet over the rail that slotted with missiles. There is a raised bit that the magnets can catch on so they are even down the line.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

:justpost:LAST DAY TO OATH FOR MARCH:justpost:
Just a reminder, you have until midnight GMT tonight to declare your March oaths. The 31st is in one week!

Weirdo posted:

I, Weirdo, Oath one Ork Boy, kitbashed with a Stormboy head, and a fantasy torso. He will break you.

I will need a "before" photo so I can tell that this is actually a conversion. Stock photos from GW showing the pieces would be fine.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Avenger_Mullah posted:

I, Avenger_Mullah, hereby oath 4 High Elf Heroes (kallistra, 10mm) and 4 Squigs/monsters (entirely homemade from greenstuff and wood, also 10mm)

The greenstuff and wood monsters will count for jurnal, right?

Yup, you're good for the Jurnal!

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, make the following addition to my oath:

4 GW Orcs

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Finally posting my post-conversion pre-paint pics, after a solid week and a half of :bang: :

Booley posted:

I oath for March 1 GW deathwing terminator

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath Erebus, a 28mm model from the Cryx faction of Warmachine, because I need to oath something and it's primed, even though I really only play Khador now.

Monoliths posted:

Speed painting shenanigans! Here's my attempt: a weirdboy showing some not-so-subtle signs of mutation. The scheme is a love letter to sepia wash. :allears:

Has this been accepted yet? If not, it is.

Weirdo posted:

I, Weirdo, Oath one Ork Boy, kitbashed with a Stormboy head, and a fantasy torso.

Signal posted:

:siren: Alternate Universe Oath :siren:

Eudoros, from Corvus Belli's 28mm Infinity game line.

Illudere posted:

I, Illudere, oath 8 Persian archers by Pendraken in 10mm and 33 dwarves from Games workshop in 10mm.

Red Shoe posted:

:siren:Final March oath: A Titan Gladiator and Morghoul:siren:
These are Privateer Press

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I whiteoutmouse oath 1 skyray with magnetized missiles!
Games workshop, 28mm. 40k line Tank size.
Thank you for the super-high-res picture!

ALL of the above oaths are Accepted!

Android posted:

Unfortunately I can't accept this oath - the rotor or whatever you've got there is blocking the date on the timestamp! If you want to get the point for oathing, you can get it by taking a picture with the model - whatever you've painted so far is fine.

:siren: Remember you have LESS THAN THREE HOURS to submit new oaths! :siren:

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Krushgroove, was my conversion good enough to count for the jurnal? I'd like to know so I have time to put something together if I need to oath more.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Booley posted:

Krushgroove, was my conversion good enough to count for the jurnal? I'd like to know so I have time to put something together if I need to oath more.

Yep! Sorry if that was unclear.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Does my magnetizing count as conversion? I would say probably not. I snipped some plastic and glued on some magnets but it does not feel conversion-y to me.

But I know the spreadsheet is serious business and I am sure some poor fool who updates it would appreciate the assistance in judgment. I really don't care about the points since I am no where near contention anyway.

edit quoted myself for a link and pictures:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I, Pierzak, am making an Oath Addition for March!
I'm adding a Rasyat (28mm, Corvus Belli, Infinity):

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp

Unfortunately I can't accept this oath - the rotor or whatever you've got there is blocking the date on the timestamp! If you want to get the point for oathing, you can get it by taking a picture with the model - whatever you've painted so far is fine.

[/quote]
Ack! I'll be able to post a new photo when I get off work in a few hours.

Android fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 25, 2014

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp

Android posted:

Some truly unfortunate rotor placement, I should have been paying more attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

:justpost:LAST DAY TO OATH FOR MARCH:justpost:
Just a reminder, you have until midnight GMT tonight to declare your March oaths. The 31st is in one week!

I will need a "before" photo so I can tell that this is actually a conversion. Stock photos from GW showing the pieces would be fine.

Sorry about that!

• Locked thread