Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

BoyG posted:

He likes it too!

Song for Europe was a great episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

My lovely lovely lovely hoooorse.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.
Every time we've seen Neil Hannon we've tried to get him to play that, he has always demurred :(

But enough tedchat, let's see what those silly loyalists are up to!

...oh.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Well that's sobering.

Or it would be if I wasn't sober already and spending Friday night on SA.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Shannonmcn posted:

Well that's sobering.

Or it would be if I wasn't sober already and spending Friday night on SA.

The saddest post.

Thigh Gap
Nov 16, 2013

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

I don't mean to sound racist, but...

Thigh Gap
Nov 16, 2013

FrozenVent posted:

I don't mean to sound racist, but...

but twerk it, Frannie

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Wouldn't Shayneenay be the modern name, not Annie? I'm pretty drat sure Annie is a super old name.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Thigh Gap posted:

Im a die hard Annie fan

What a depressing sentence.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

An Angry Bug posted:

What a depressing sentence.

I thought I saw the last of them with the awkward musical theater fans in junior high, but I guess I was wrong.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Someone on my friends list commented on this: http://imgur.com/gallery/Wp7Om
This prompts the following screed:

..from a friend of a friend who's long since gone from my friends list, but I see him on my friends' posts all the times because he does this kind of thing on anything even vaguely related to race.

You could say he's slightly obsessed.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This Annie hate really just makes me shake my head. I'm just going to focus on all the little black girls out there that have a cute new character that they can personally relate to a bit more :3:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Maybe it was the little play arrow but I originally misread it as Anime. Anime the movie.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

karl fungus posted:

I thought I saw the last of them with the awkward musical theater fans in junior high, but I guess I was wrong.

Musical theatre fans are not Annie fans and vice versa. :colbert:

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

ThatPazuzu posted:

Maybe it was the little play arrow but I originally misread it as Anime. Anime the movie.

OKAY, GOOD, IT WASN'T JUST ME.

Thigh Gap
Nov 16, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

This Annie hate really just makes me shake my head. I'm just going to focus on all the little black girls out there that have a cute new character that they can personally relate to a bit more :3:

But what about heart-broken 30-year-old women that can't see a Shayneenay-Frannie African American ruin their favorite movie?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

BoyG posted:

So this is not really an idiot on social media, but it confused me enough to want to post it.

I put up a post seeing if anyone wanted to buy my dad's car (He's yellow) then a guy who I haven't spoken to in years (Red) makes some, in my opinion, bizarre queries about the car. I haven't heard of half these things before. Trim level? Trip computer? Ice? I don't even drive! It's not like he's interested in buying it or anything.

But to be fair he's not the most stable person at the best of times.

CIE is the bus/train service in Ireland.

I got curious because I'm not a car person myself, but Wikipedia has it covered! "Trim levels" are different options/packages available with car models that offer additional features compared to the standard model like leather seats, alloy wheels, spoilers, etc.

A trip computer is a device that tells you stuff like fuel consumption, average mpg, distance traveled etc. "Ice" might be a way to abbreviate in-car entertainment or he's literally asking about how it handles ice? :shrug:

Or to sum it all up, it sounds like stuff that most people aren't going to worry too much about unless they're really into cars.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Kimmalah posted:

I got curious because I'm not a car person myself, but Wikipedia has it covered! "Trim levels" are different options/packages available with car models that offer additional features compared to the standard model like leather seats, alloy wheels, spoilers, etc.

A trip computer is a device that tells you stuff like fuel consumption, average mpg, distance traveled etc. "Ice" might be a way to abbreviate in-car entertainment or he's literally asking about how it handles ice? :shrug:

Or to sum it all up, it sounds like stuff that most people aren't going to worry too much about unless they're really into cars.

Well, actually since the post was about selling a car I think the red guy is right. That's most of the standard stuff you'll see described in car ads and such, so most people are going to ask about at least some of that stuff.

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?

Modern Day Hercules posted:

Well, actually since the post was about selling a car I think the red guy is right. That's most of the standard stuff you'll see described in car ads and such, so most people are going to ask about at least some of that stuff.

Well maybe I'm the idiot on social media, but I thought interested parties could get in contact and I could follow up on any more information they wanted. I didn't realise I needed a laundry list of information about a car in a Facebook status shared amongst my friends! Anyway, I was sure to let him know that the car included both front AND rear suspension.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ThatPazuzu posted:

Like Scary Movie/Epic Movie/etc. but anime? That'd be... yeah that'd be horrible.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

My cousin, presented without comment (name changes after the first screencap).

Trash Boat has a new favorite as of 08:49 on Mar 22, 2014

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

BoyG posted:

Well maybe I'm the idiot on social media, but I thought interested parties could get in contact and I could follow up on any more information they wanted. I didn't realise I needed a laundry list of information about a car in a Facebook status shared amongst my friends! Anyway, I was sure to let him know that the car included both front AND rear suspension.

Meh. When I bought my car that was 10+years old I only asked "how does it run, A/C, mileage, did you gently caress anything up, pictures?"

Shorter Than Some
May 6, 2009

Trash Boat posted:

My cousin, presented without comment (name changes after the first screencap).

Has your cousin ever considered being an inspirational speaker?

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
to battle any animal coming with greed < simple mathematics we live you bleed!

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Professor Elemental's lyrics have really gone downhill.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

I don't know, most people I know really wouldn't give a poo poo if a car has stuff like a trip computer or not so I was kind of going by that.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

The thing that gets me is red asks about the NCT, and gets all :smug: about it needing to be in the status when it already is.

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t

First, I understand being against Putin's actions in Crimea. I however don't understand why this person has to :godwin: this point. This isn't the first time either as evidenced here.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The same people screaming a few years ago about how you couldn't remove sanctions from Iran, are now yelling that sanctions are useless. :allears:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Shannonmcn posted:

My lovely lovely lovely hoooorse.
Sup.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Shannonmcn posted:

I like shitwinds as an insult.

Shitwinds?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pcMn5bXbRU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Thigh Gap posted:

But what about heart-broken 30-year-old women that can't see a Shayneenay-Frannie African American ruin their favorite movie?

Here's a thought, they could just not go see it.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Time for the horse dentist.

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

The Comna posted:

First, I understand being against Putin's actions in Crimea. I however don't understand why this person has to :godwin: this point. This isn't the first time either as evidenced here.

I think all they're saying is that appeasement is what allowed Hitler to take over large parts of Europe and subjugate enormous numbers of people. I don't really see what's so stupid about what they posted to be honest.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Idiots on Social Media: 'YOU MIGHT ASK' How would any human being wanna kill its own ppl??

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
The cancer selfies have started hitting my wall.

Either my friends are bad at taking selfies or I have really ugly friends.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

ratbert90 posted:

The same people screaming a few years ago about how you couldn't remove sanctions from Iran, are now yelling that sanctions are useless. :allears:

It's part of the Chicken-Hawk march to war. First, an action is committed that's obivously an attack on my masculinity the country's ideals that demands a response. The response is a sign of weakness and must be backed by diplomatic actions. Those diplomatic actions are pointless so the military needs to brought in. And finally, everything directed towards the occupying troops is proof that nothing short of a shock-and-awe campaign will keep us safe from who gives a gently caress (we just know they're evil).

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

FrozenVent posted:

The cancer selfies have started hitting my wall.

Either my friends are bad at taking selfies or I have really ugly friends.

I have a facebook war going on. Cancer selfies are being replied to with donation links and passive aggressive slacktivist comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I don't have any cancer selfies but I've been bombarded with women posting make-upless selfies as a "challenge" to show how "brave" they are.

A friend tagged me to take part, and I reminded her that most of my pictures are without makeup already because I usually don't wear any when doing outdoorsy stuff. She said to post one with a silly hat. I ended up with a shark on my head and an angry sneer on my face saying that whoever started this thinks I should be embarrassed if I'm seen without make-up.

I got 1 like from the original friend and that's fine because I think the whole concept is lame. If I'm the idiot so be it. I don't think it's healthy to need make-up at all times so I don't give a poo poo how "awful" I look without it. I certainly won't take the game seriously. "Oh look how pretty I am naturally! Give me all your likes!!!"

• Locked thread