Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Doji Sekushi posted:

Thanks, DE, for putting up a Hammer Shot alert at 5:30 AM.

I hope the unwashed commies in other time zones are happy.
I got it because I'm not a poor scrub and used the app to let me know when something I want is up on alert.

...Then I sent you a PSN message to rub it in :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
Yeah really Valkyrie is a fun frame and she only really drops off when you start getting into the super late game stuff, but even then she still has utility via basically being completely unkillable and her finisher move still will most likely either kill or knock off most of the health of big units.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I'm really glad that they condensed all of their ideas about new mods into a single mod. That's a good choice. Nothing like adding two dozen more mods to an already diluted mod pool. It is also really really cool that different combos will proc different damage types so your long sword isn't suboptimal against grineer with tons of armor.

The news that Valkyr's animations aren't getting touched until after melee 2.0 sucks though. I have an honest aversion to turning into cat women only to instead act like Mike Tyson. Oh well. I'll be too busy with all the new melee poo poo to care, but I will never give up my dream of being Warframe's version of wolverspiderman.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

What model router do you have? UPnP shouldn't care about your IP address either.

I have a Cisco EPR2320R2; I've tried typical Google searches: "[symbol] port forwarding" and the like, but to no avail - there are quite enough results, I just wasn't able to make use of any.

A Wastrel
Jan 17, 2010

Piell posted:

Stats from early helmets - early helmets will be retired, statless version will be released
    players who have old helmets will get blueprint that lets them convert to statless if they want
    that means :siren: GET STATTED HELMETS NOW :siren:

Awful late to be having a change of heart on all these loving statted helmets...

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

A Wastrel posted:

Awful late to be having a change of heart on all these loving statted helmets...

Better late than never, and I already have the speedy Rhino helmet so all is good!

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Guess I should hurry up and actually make my speedy Saryn and Rhino helmets.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Ugh so wait I actually have to build them and not just have the BP? Or do we not know that yet?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Five hours left on the Chemical Lab (I'll replace your statues, Helter. I promise) but the downstairs cross hallway needs a few forma to get a-chuggin'. More Forma for the Forma god!

A Wastrel
Jan 17, 2010

Insert name here posted:

Ugh so wait I actually have to build them and not just have the BP? Or do we not know that yet?

They've never revoked items from your inventory, so I'd just say the BP is enough.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

A Wastrel posted:

They've never revoked items from your inventory, so I'd just say the BP is enough.

They have, however, changed how currently held BPs make things. I.E. the Orokin Derelict keys, which used to be one-use changed to infinite use. I'm sure there will be a big announcement of what exactly is happening before any irrevocable changes are made.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Interception is the worst loving mode and I am glad that they put it on a planet I've already done every mission on.

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
What's the best mission to run for T3 keys?

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Nuovo in Ceres and Phalan in Eris are my favorites, and they have rare mats you might actually want (not that any will drop) Phalan is also where I've been going to get Oxium while farming keys. If you are expressly farming keys you want to leave at 15 and start over, and chances are you'll want to go in a group of people you know or solo, since pubbies invariably want to try and stay till 80 minutes or some poo poo.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Coach Sport posted:

What's the best mission to run for T3 keys?

On PS4 it's part of T2 and T3 rewards still. Just keep running capture and you will get space rich.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

A Wastrel posted:

They've wanted to do this since they started releasing statless helmets.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

DarkSol posted:

Four of us decided to go crazy tonight.

Three Vaubans and a Rhino.

Another angle:

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
What's the best option for farming Neurodes? I wanna build all these stat helmets I've got before they change them.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Orokin Derelict Defense or murder Vay Hek a bunch on Earth.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The biggest buff they could give Valkyr is removing that hideous red-orange filter that goes over the screen when you use her ult. I would use punch lady spiderwoman a lot more if that stupid filter didn't make using her ult painful.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

chumbler posted:

The biggest buff they could give Valkyr is removing that hideous red-orange filter that goes over the screen when you use her ult. I would use punch lady spiderwoman a lot more if that stupid filter didn't make using her ult painful.

I believe you can just turn color correction off in the options to eliminate that effect, unless you prefer everything to look hazy for some reason.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

So what are Nekros good for ? I had the blueprints and built it but I have no idea about the game I just click and murder stuff.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Nekros can get extra mats with Desecrate, and Shadows of the Damned summons some bulletcatchers but is otherwise mediocre.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Piell posted:

and Shadows of the Damned summons some bulletcatchers but is otherwise mediocre.

But holy poo poo do pubbies love to use this ability. Not only do the minions catch enemy bullets, but they also catch yours (just like your squadmates), and they always seem to be in the way, both visually and physically.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
This devstream! His take on the new player experience was that it was really hard which makes it fun so how can they let geared players gimp themselves to have the same experience? How about new players do 2% of the damage of any high level player in their game, have a long grind for mods and levels, only option is to progress through a linear series of levels and get no playstyle variety unless they buy plat. High level players on the other hand just have to mash themselves at RNG and try to farm rare materials.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Carecat posted:

This devstream! His take on the new player experience was that it was really hard which makes it fun so how can they let geared players gimp themselves to have the same experience? How about new players do 2% of the damage of any high level player in their game, have a long grind for mods and levels, only option is to progress through a linear series of levels and get no playstyle variety unless they buy plat. High level players on the other hand just have to mash themselves at RNG and try to farm rare materials.

Oh god, I was about to post asking if the line in the summary a couple pages back was a typo, if it was actually the other way around and they wanted to offer the new players the level of challenge that older players have with high-level content. Because in my experience, the early game wasn't what I'd call 'difficult', it was a binary switch between 'very easy' and 'literally impossible to progress' once I hit areas or mission types that I didn't have any of the right tools for.

But you're confirming that it was meant as stated, and that leaves me kind of flabbergasted. To be quite honest, most of the time when we accuse DE of having no idea how the game actually plays, we're talking about design decisions where they could actually know what's going on, and we may just be seeing a conflict between their vision of their game and what we want the game to be. Still legitimate criticism on our part, but maybe more hyperbole than truth regarding how out of touch they are. This, however, takes the cake for DE designers truly having no idea what the gently caress they're talking about or what they're looking at. How the hell could you replicate the factors that make early game difficult, in the late game? Periodically wipe players' mod collections clean, or have periodic radical overhauls of the damage system with no documentation? Have all your frames and weapons except the starter rifle or things you bought with plat deconstruct themselves after a week or so?

Less astounding but still disappointing: thinking they're doing a good job of putting required mods on more common enemies (I don't think their idea of a required mod is the same as the rest of us), wanting to make rescue stealth-based without mentioning any major overhaul of stealth, thinking of getting back into bullet sponge territory by making T4 voids, putting interception into void missions. There's a few good things in this devstream, but mostly it seems to indicate that the game is headed for another low point, if these ideas get implemented within the same timeframe.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

hooah posted:

But holy poo poo do pubbies love to use this ability. Not only do the minions catch enemy bullets, but they also catch yours (just like your squadmates), and they always seem to be in the way, both visually and physically.

Spamming it everywhere might be annoying. But that skill, in combination with terrorize (or whatever it's called), can save one's posterior in a survival when poo poo is about to hit the fan. Unsurprisingly enough pubs rarely do that.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Passburger posted:

Spamming it everywhere might be annoying. But that skill, in combination with terrorize (or whatever it's called), can save one's posterior in a survival when poo poo is about to hit the fan. Unsurprisingly enough pubs rarely do that.

Yeah, the most irritating pub I had do it was in an Infested mobile defense. I asked him not to keep casting it since the minions were getting in my way and all, and he gave some flip reply.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

To be fair the other dev did briefly say something along the lines of being aware of the balance issues for low/high players so that guy was most likely just making a specific point and not being totally out of touch.

Despite that your point still stands. Developers are often far more on the ball than we give them credit for and that comes through in livestreams at times but being aware of issues doesn't mean they get addressed. It may take months or years might before significant progress is made to address the concerns. RNG has been a big issue since open beta and has gotten much worse instead of better, melee has been left to rot for four months because a replacement is on the way, etc. I don't want to get too down on them, despite their habit of bugs because it's one of the better run F2P games and is building to something that will be extremely good in two~ years but they have to address some really big issues for new and old players or it's going to stay in the same place with few people getting into the game as the early game is repetitive and bland and the late game is only a grind. I've tried to introduce two friends who like shooters but both quit after an hour because there is nothing for them at the start of the game.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 22, 2014

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Carecat posted:

To be fair the other dev did briefly say something along the lines of being aware of the balance issues for low/high players so that guy was most likely just making a specific point and not being out of touch.

That's something, at least. :unsmith:

But still, I don't know what that guy is talking about. If you do have your necessary mods, and are discounting balance speedbumps like the what Tethra's doom did to Earth survival, or defense/survival missions in general that are way more difficult due to spawns than any of the surrounding missions, then it's still really easy in the early game. I'm not just basing this on my experience from many months ago, I've actually taken a Excal with few and underleveled mods in it, an underequipped starter weapon I still had lying around, and done a few early game missions just to see what's changed. It's still really easy.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is it just me, or does Zephyr not Zorencopter all that well?

\/ I thought that might have something to do with it.

hooah fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 22, 2014

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

hooah posted:

Is it just me, or does Zephyr not Zorencopter all that well?

It's probably related to how floaty she is. I notice that sometimes as Zephyr I can't actually run up a wall and do a backflip because she just stays suspended in the air while doing the backflip rather than actually pushing off a wall.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Yeah, zephyr intentionally has no air momentum so that you can "control" her in the air better, all this really means is that you HAVE to rely on tailwind to do any kind of complex movement off the ground. I'd say more than her mediocre skills that's the reason I shelved her pretty much as soon as she hit 30 for me.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I'm pretty sure Zephyr's weird physics are the reason I've gotten stuck inside the walls when trying to climb into Corpus air vents twice in the past few days.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
The best way way to fix the early game would be to add some sort of story/quest line which forces a bunch of required poo poo down your throat. By the end of it you should have a multishot for pistols/rifles/shotguns, +base damage for pistols/rifles/shotguns, two weapon potatoes and a frame potato cooking in the foundry, an aura mod matching the polarity of your starter frames aura slot, and the sprint mod. Get rid of the loving braton mk-1 as well. It's useless trash that some one might potato/forma thinking it isn't useless trash.

I recently dragged a buddy of mine through the early game, and as far as I could tell he had a lot of fun because he wasn't a space poor for like a month. I just gave him a bunch of basic mods. warned him of a few pitfalls, and his experience was much better for it. Zero reason the game couldn't do that itself.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
That feeling when you're in a Void Survival, get two rare Void-exclusive mods and a Prime part you need...and then Warframe freezes and crashes.

:negative:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Harrower posted:

The best way way to fix the early game would be to add some sort of story/quest line which forces a bunch of required poo poo down your throat. By the end of it you should have a multishot for pistols/rifles/shotguns, +base damage for pistols/rifles/shotguns, two weapon potatoes and a frame potato cooking in the foundry, an aura mod matching the polarity of your starter frames aura slot, and the sprint mod. Get rid of the loving braton mk-1 as well. It's useless trash that some one might potato/forma thinking it isn't useless trash.

I recently dragged a buddy of mine through the early game, and as far as I could tell he had a lot of fun because he wasn't a space poor for like a month. I just gave him a bunch of basic mods. warned him of a few pitfalls, and his experience was much better for it. Zero reason the game couldn't do that itself.

Yeah there's so much great stuff in this game later on that I'd like to introduce people to it, but it makes me feel like it'll pretty much require helping them every single step of the way and apologizing for the game at every turn because of how bad the new player experience is.

That thing cathair mentioned from a developer is :psyduck: as hell and I think DE really needs to work on this stuff right now. Because at this point their game's population is probably only rising through new players that are way more patient than they should be, or through experienced players who are way more patient than they should be helping their newbie friends through everything the game should already be doing for them itself. From what I heard the game is popular and doing really well but I think that's pretty incredible considering how little DE has done to make the game sell itself to new players.

I don't understand how they've added so many new and fun weapons, warframes, tilesets and so on in the last few months and yet new players still get to experience absolutely none of it. They still have to grind through a slog of Grineer Galleon missions plinking away at space orks with the least exciting weapons imaginable. Except now there's also those doors and tesla traps for them to deal with, which is kind of an example of how DE never seems to consider how their changes targeted at the tryhards on their forums are going to affect the new players--who aren't as vocal but will be extremely important to this game being around in 2 years.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Verant posted:

That feeling when you're in a Void Survival, get two rare Void-exclusive mods and a Prime part you need...and then Warframe freezes and crashes.

:negative:

Try emailing them. They're usually pretty good about this sort of thing, since they seem to keep records.

Edit: The RNG at work!

hooah fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 22, 2014

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Derp de doo, running T3 survival for 35 minutes for those awesome drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Maxwell Adams posted:

Derp de doo, running T3 survival for 35 minutes for those awesome drops.

The "good" drops occur every 20 minutes. You should have stayed for at least 40 minutes, if you could. Either way the :argh:RNG:argh: is always gonna bitch up your drop rates.