Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Skyrim strikes me as the type of game that encourages you to level every skill. It's how you get those sweet, sweet levels! Plus if you're using SPERG, every tree has something awesome for you to use that any character can benefit from. I love SPERG

It's just a role playing thing, I pretend I'm only a thief so I can buy the best stuff then I end up making the best stuff, it breaks :qq:MY EMERSON:qq: and stuff.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Paracelsus posted:

A couple of animal-themed questions:

How do I sell items with the Best Friend perk in SPERG? My only options when talking to them are mod-added ones about stealth movement and home location.

Convenient Horses mostly works for me, but I can't get the harvesting-while-riding functionality to work (and possibly the charge move, although I may just not have hit things in the right way yet). I can get the horseback talking and looting to work, but the harvesting doesn't seem to happen regardless of whether I'm using the same button or a different button as the hotkey. Any idea what might be going wrong?

A not-animal-themed question:

The Mystic Transmutation perk in SPERG says that you can make more efficient arcane converters at higher skill levels, but I've only been able to make a petty soul one even though my Alteration, Enchanting, and Conjuration levels are all over 100. Is there a way to make a more powerful converter?

Sounds like a follower mod is overriding the dialogue for the pet. I know one of the popular follower mods has a compatibility patch that fixes that.

You should be able to upgrade your arcane converter by taking it to an alchemy station and choosing to craft.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

SirDan3k posted:

I keep meaning to ask if there is a mod that does the same for enchanting? I hate that I always end up leveling enchanting even if I play a thief that has all his weapons and armor custom made.

I don't know of any but I've heard talk about making them. One issue was how enchantments are made which the skse should help get around.

I posted the new build of ASIS to the nexus. Hopefully it adds a new amusing glitch to make skyrim a more magical place.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Paracelsus posted:

Convenient Horses mostly works for me, but I can't get the harvesting-while-riding functionality to work (and possibly the charge move, although I may just not have hit things in the right way yet). I can get the horseback talking and looting to work, but the harvesting doesn't seem to happen regardless of whether I'm using the same button or a different button as the hotkey. Any idea what might be going wrong?

Harvesting from horseback is subjected to script delay, so if your script engine is getting hammered it may not work right away. That said, I find harvesting from horseback works better when you're holding the key down rather than trying to tap it. You can move while doing this so you can travel a good distance while holding the key and suddenly you have a billion more ingredients to play with.

As for horse charge, maybe this comes off as obvious but it took me forever to think of, I'm pretty sure Horse charge only works if you have your weapon out.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Harvesting from horseback is subjected to script delay, so if your script engine is getting hammered it may not work right away. That said, I find harvesting from horseback works better when you're holding the key down rather than trying to tap it. You can move while doing this so you can travel a good distance while holding the key and suddenly you have a billion more ingredients to play with.
According to the included script tester I usually have ~100ms delay, which is a bit more than what is optimal, but I never get a notification in the upper left of the screen the way I do when things like mining or soul gem filling play catchup.

quote:

As for horse charge, maybe this comes off as obvious but it took me forever to think of, I'm pretty sure Horse charge only works if you have your weapon out.
That might do it, I've been playing a mage character now that SPERG has made Destruction non-tedious so I never have a weapon out.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ynglaur posted:

Are you sure that's not just an armor mod?

Fairly certain, I'm not using any alternate bodies, and none of the armor mods Im using touch anything Apocalypse has. It looks like a trimmed Falmer armor anyway.

It's the only questionable part I've found to Apocalypse. Other than:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Agents are GO! posted:

It's the only questionable part I've found to Apocalypse.
I've run into some problems using Levitate inside, where even after the spell has worn off there's an invisible floor where I was running, leading to an inability to get through some areas. Reloading inside the area and letting the spell run out didn't seem to fix it, I had to go back to saves before I entered the area in order to proceed.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

I don't know of any but I've heard talk about making them. One issue was how enchantments are made which the skse should help get around.

I posted the new build of ASIS to the nexus. Hopefully it adds a new amusing glitch to make skyrim a more magical place.

Is the a newer version than ASIS 1_4 beta 2.7z?

Edit:

:catstare:

:catstare:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 21, 2014

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

Is the a newer version than ASIS 1_4 beta 2.7z?

Yep.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Did you get rid of the MCM menu or is that a glitch?

I liked the MCM menu. :(

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any recommendations on combat overhauls? I've been using SkyRe, but any mods that add new armors or weapons need compatibility patches and I'm hosed if they didn't make one.

Is ACE + Duel + ASIS tweaks still the way to go, or has something else come along?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Does DUEL actually change anything? I've heard there was some testing done that proved it didn't do much of what it promised, but I heard that a long time ago so I don't remember if I'm thinking of the right mod or not.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Blast of Confetti posted:

Any recommendations on combat overhauls? I've been using SkyRe, but any mods that add new armors or weapons need compatibility patches and I'm hosed if they didn't make one.

Is ACE + Duel + ASIS tweaks still the way to go, or has something else come along?

SPERG + Resplendent Racials + Revenge of the Enemies + Higher Level Enemies + Deadly Combat/Ultimate Combat is a good combo. Of course this has ASIS involved as well, just make sure to exclude SPERG from ASIS.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

Did you get rid of the MCM menu or is that a glitch?

I liked the MCM menu. :(

I didn't touch it so either I uploaded the wrong file or its a glitch.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Saint Sputnik posted:

I think all you have to do with the charge move is have your horse be sprinting and run right into a guy. It should bowl him over and chip off a bit of health. With enough tweaks from mods to make horseback fighting actually viable it turns out it's pretty OP since no one can hit me. Can't wait for someone to mod in horseback bandits. (There was something but it's pretty old and probably outdated, never tried it.)

My problem with CH is the fast dismount doesn't work for me. I have it set to always go off but it doesn't, and when I bound it to the "/" key, that just brings up the perks screen.
Bind it to whatever you have for sneak. That works for me.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Two questions:
1. There was a really nice mod a few dozen pages back that added a handful of well-done, realistic long knives. I can't seem to find it, or remember what it was called.
2. If I want to back up my Mod Manager configuration to cloud storage, but don't have the room for the mods themselves, is there some subset of files under the Mod Manager installation directory that I can backup that keeps everything but the downloaded mods themselves, such that I would only need to redownload the mods (hopefully made easier by just clicking "Visit on Nexus" a lot)?

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
So much for tracking down the invisible sconce-torches. I decided to go ahead and try OBIS and Immersive Patrols.

:unsmigghh:

Taking the back road to Ivarsteadt, from Riverwood via Helgen, and right around Hamar's Shame I started running into groups of Stormcloaks. And piles of dead Imperials. :ohdear: Something over a 4:1 kill ratio for the rebels, unless the two corpses I found just outside the Stormcloak camp earlier were related.

Heading down from Ivarstadt the other way, I started running into bandits. And kept running into over 'em. The Disgraced on the far side of the fallen-tree bridge was a pain, mainly due to being overloaded and falling into unclimbable rocks, but the final try netted me an Orcish bow. Some more combats, and I got *seriously* upgraded - full set of Bonemold.

At level 7. :getin:

Think I'm going to stuff in more armor/weapons sets next - I did make it to Windhelm, where it finally CTD'd. Only real issue so far (other than the torches) has been faction camps, and dropping to slideshow-mode in certain areas of the camp.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

seorin posted:

Sounds like a follower mod is overriding the dialogue for the pet. I know one of the popular follower mods has a compatibility patch that fixes that.
I tried disabling My Home Is Your Home and Better Stealth AI for followers, but that just seemed to leave me unable to say anything to the pet. Is EFF likely to be the culprit? I don't see any compatibility patches for it or SPERG that reference each other.

I made sure that SPERG was later in the load order and higher priority than the others.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

I tried disabling My Home Is Your Home and Better Stealth AI for followers, but that just seemed to leave me unable to say anything to the pet. Is EFF likely to be the culprit? I don't see any compatibility patches for it or SPERG that reference each other.

I made sure that SPERG was later in the load order and higher priority than the others.

There's an EFF/SPERG compatibility patch.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Is there anything that makes pickpocketing worth bothering with? I'm playing a fairly vanilla install right now and I got Pickpocket 100, and there's... no real point to it. All the armor I can steal is garbage. No NPCs seem to ear anything worth stealing that's not well behind the shops, and nobody except Mercer Frey's had an enchanted weapon.

I am tired of swiping vendor trash.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Still can't figure out why my attempts at brawling result in instant death for the npc :(

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hog Butcher posted:

Is there anything that makes pickpocketing worth bothering with? I'm playing a fairly vanilla install right now and I got Pickpocket 100, and there's... no real point to it. All the armor I can steal is garbage. No NPCs seem to ear anything worth stealing that's not well behind the shops, and nobody except Mercer Frey's had an enchanted weapon.

I am tired of swiping vendor trash.

Poisoning bitches left and right. Pretty sure it's in the vanilla too, so if your sneak's high enough you can sneak up to enemies/naseem/guards and throw paralyzing/frenzy potions in their pockets. Or just fill 'em up with those useless 3-damage poisons that you find everywhere.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Naturally Selected posted:

Poisoning bitches left and right. Pretty sure it's in the vanilla too, so if your sneak's high enough you can sneak up to enemies/naseem/guards and throw paralyzing/frenzy potions in their pockets. Or just fill 'em up with those useless 3-damage poisons that you find everywhere.

Isn't there a mod that adds exploding poisons, so you can reverse pickpockit people and blow them up like in New Vegas?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Saint Sputnik posted:

Isn't there a mod that adds exploding poisons, so you can reverse pickpockit people and blow them up like in New Vegas?

I think? It's too much fun to frenzy/paralyze people though, and since there's no OH gently caress MY PANTS WHAT IS THAT *BOOM* animation it wouldn't be nearly as fun.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Agents are GO! posted:

There's an EFF/SPERG compatibility patch.
Okay, I see it now, and I'd looked at the front page for it before, it just didn't mention EFF there.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
How does bashing open locks work in SPERG? I haven't been able to bash anything open, but all I'm doing is using standard/power attacks on the chest.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Shyfted One posted:

How does bashing open locks work in SPERG? I haven't been able to bash anything open, but all I'm doing is using standard/power attacks on the chest.

Hit it while blocking with a shield/weapon. It's kinda buggy with NPCs nearby though, bashing open a chest in Ysgramor's tomb during the Companions quest resulted in Aela attacking me nonstop.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Thanks. And it's helpful to know it's buggy since I'm doing the Companions quest line right now.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

Shyfted One posted:

Thanks. And it's helpful to know it's buggy since I'm doing the Companions quest line right now.

Just don't bash locks around NPCs and you should be fine.

Also it may be unrelated but while I had Moonlight Tales installed bashing locks would give me experience towards werewolf perks?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
So, question about TESVEdit: When there're records in one mod that aren't even being affected by other mods (like Mod A adds a scrip to an object, Mod B doesn't, but the script from A isn't in direct conflict with anything B does) are those records still used by the game, or is the whole thing just overwritten?

Following from that: Is there any difference in that behavior when the records are changed by an .esm, or master file?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Naturally Selected posted:

I have been doing this and I am somehow bored with making people tip over from paralysis.

Poisoning people is pretty dull because if you're in town and it's not one that takes a year to go into effect, they hit you with the fine anyway. If you have enough pickpocket to do things, you probably have enough sneak, which means a dagger would outdo any poison you'd have anyway.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Ernie Muppari posted:

So, question about TESVEdit: When there're records in one mod that aren't even being affected by other mods (like Mod A adds a scrip to an object, Mod B doesn't, but the script from A isn't in direct conflict with anything B does) are those records still used by the game, or is the whole thing just overwritten?
If multiple plugins in your loadorder edit the same record, the game uses the one from the plugin that's lowest in your loadorder. So if for example you have a Mod 1 that adds a script to Ulfric's NPC record and have a Mod 2 lower in your loadorder that edits Ulfric's NPC record to add a sweet beard to Ulfirc. The game will completely ignore Mod 1 when it comes to Ulfric's NPC record and you'll only get the sweet beard in your game. If you want the effects of both mods, you will need to make a compatibility patch that combines Mod 1's script, with Mod 2's sweet beard and load it after both Mod 1 and 2.

To be honest, I don't really understoot your question. If that wasn't what you were asking, could you clarify things and/or give an example of your problem?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Raygereio posted:

If multiple plugins in your loadorder edit the same record, the game uses the one from the plugin that's lowest in your loadorder. So if for example you have a Mod 1 that adds a script to Ulfric's NPC record and have a Mod 2 lower in your loadorder that edits Ulfric's NPC record to add a sweet beard to Ulfirc. The game will completely ignore Mod 1 when it comes to Ulfric's NPC record and you'll only get the sweet beard in your game. If you want the effects of both mods, you will need to make a compatibility patch that combines Mod 1's script, with Mod 2's sweet beard and load it after both Mod 1 and 2.

To be honest, I don't really understoot your question. If that wasn't what you were asking, could you clarify things and/or give an example of your problem?

Yeah that sounds right, I think I'm just confused by all the leveled lists that aren't even altered by mods other than my Bashed Patch that seem to not have carried over stuff from the base game files.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
As of Friday I got this desktop working again and have been working furiously on Follower Commentary Overhaul. Finished transcribing the audio, and there are only five more voicetypes that need conditions applied to their commentary, and after that the mod is functionally complete. I'll add the MCM after that and release the beta here first for testing.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

The Mad Archivist posted:

As of Friday I got this desktop working again and have been working furiously on Follower Commentary Overhaul. Finished transcribing the audio, and there are only five more voicetypes that need conditions applied to their commentary, and after that the mod is functionally complete. I'll add the MCM after that and release the beta here first for testing.

Is it designed to be compatible with AFT/EFF and the like? I'd be up for testing it out.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
9/10 of the mod are technically new dialog topics even if they use vanilla audio files, and the 1/10 that overrides vanilla dialog topics don't override functional parts, and if anything EFF only makes it work better. If you've got like twenty followers I've found things get a bit annoying but the MCM slider that I plan on adding to increase or decrease the frequency should help along those lines.

Bethesda made a lot of goofy design decisions but the underlying functionality of quests makes it stupidly easy to add audio to a voicetype without overriding anything. The only follower mods it doesn't work with are non-standard follower voicetypes, which would mean someone probably made idle commentary for them anyway.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Apparently we could be able to enter 4th Era Bruma as early as this summer thanks to the Beyond Skyrim Project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRWN2Emgbw

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Scyantific posted:

Apparently we could be able to enter 4th Era Bruma as early as this summer thanks to the Beyond Skyrim Project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRWN2Emgbw

Very cool! I wonder if Bruma still has that buggy statue of me from Oblivion with all the wrong gear equipped. :v:

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I'm getting to about 150+ mods and about 25% of them are likely compatibility patches or addons, so it's probably time for me to start making some bashed patches. :v: Is there anything I should know about them going in? Like, will it gently caress with how BOSS loads things or can I throw all of my Climates of Tamriel stuff in to one patch and my Frostfall stuff in to another and have it load everything a-okay?

e:Whoops, completely misunderstood what Wrye Bash does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've recently started a fresh mod install of Skyrim (again) and I'm getting some strange problems; when I kill an enemy, the corpse will often disappear instantly, or sometimes even reappear back on the spot with full health like nothing happened. Also, it seems some non-essential NPCs are flagged as essential (such as town guards). Before I start peeling back mods to figure out which one is responsible, do any of you know if there's a likely culprit?

• Locked thread