Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh yes, I mostly meant in terms of display space and price. It's the same reason I haven't tried too hard to get a Generations Metroplex even though I think it's awesome. I'll just take the dive and preorder the Microblaze voyager Onslaught, let's hope it lives up to my expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

You'll get it when I get my Generations Terrorsaur.

This needs a voice chip that plays Terrorsaur, Terrorize! every time it transforms.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Blackheart posted:

Oh yes, I mostly meant in terms of display space and price. It's the same reason I haven't tried too hard to get a Generations Metroplex even though I think it's awesome. I'll just take the dive and preorder the Microblaze voyager Onslaught, let's hope it lives up to my expectations.

Not that I'm trying to force you to spend money on Metroplex, but he also looks pretty cool in "bending/kneeling to interact with the mere mortals" poses if your shelf is small.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Keldroc posted:

Not that I'm trying to force you to spend money on Metroplex, but he also looks pretty cool in "bending/kneeling to interact with the mere mortals" poses if your shelf is small.

He looks even better with stickers applied.
...not that i've had the time to do that either :negative:

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

3 posted:

I fully admit that I am intimidated by the amount of stickers.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Obama looks like 'yeah okay whatever Metroplex' in that

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Keldroc posted:

The problem is that only works if you have something to support his leg behind him, he has to be propped up at the knee.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Keldroc posted:

They aren't stuck on the legs of the main bot, they are the full lower leg, if you mean that thing Fansproject did with Menasor.

If you mean the fact that his lower legs are literally a Jeep and a tank, well...nature of the beast on that one. I guess in this case they didn't want to sacrifice any height with a "leg mode" for them. Any shorter and he would look a bit stumpy, proportionally, and his legs are already a little uneven with the skinny thighs.

I did mean Menasor, yeah. But looking at that second angle looks a bit better.

He does need to work on his thighs though. Combiners have the fattest calves.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
I like Devastator's legs. Construction vehicles transformed into legs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am still looking for a Waspinator if anybody comes across one.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Sire Oblivion posted:

The problem is that only works if you have something to support his leg behind him, he has to be propped up at the knee.

That's what blastoff is for.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

3 posted:

I always apply my stickers, but that is not my Metroplex. :colbert:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
How bad is the backpack on Human Alliance Sideswipe? The Shadow Blade repaint looks really nice...

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TheDK posted:

How bad is the backpack on Human Alliance Sideswipe? The Shadow Blade repaint looks really nice...

What a coincidence, I just got that one the other day on a whim. It's... a pretty big backpack, but overall I still like the figure a lot and the deco is very very cool. I can't take pictures now but the figure has plenty of good angles, and then there's that big big backpack (be sure to keep it pulled back, not down).

I know this phrase gets used too much but it really "looks way better on hand". Just like the first deluxe however, the leg posability is super limited, but he stands better. The altmode is incredible.

The best Sideswipe figure is still the "Sidearm" mold by far, but this one is actually very nice.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Blackheart posted:

What a coincidence, I just got that one the other day on a whim. It's... a pretty big backpack, but overall I still like the figure a lot and the deco is very very cool. I can't take pictures now but the figure has plenty of good angles, and then there's that big big backpack (be sure to keep it pulled back, not down).

I know this phrase gets used too much but it really "looks way better on hand". Just like the first deluxe however, the leg posability is super limited, but he stands better. The altmode is incredible.

The best Sideswipe figure is still the "Sidearm" mold by far, but this one is actually very nice.
Cool. Sold. I am a sucker for the color scheme. I've had my eye on this Sideswipe mold for a while now and just discovered the Shadow Blade variant. He will look good next to some decepticons! e: or Tomahawk

TheDK fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 23, 2014

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Anyone want to play "do you recognize the missile?" Because I don't.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

SpikeMcclane posted:

Anyone want to play "do you recognize the missile?" Because I don't.

Is it this?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Yep, thanks. No wonder I couldn't figure it out; I kept on trying to match it to a regular transformer.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

I own the Swerve version of the earlier Sideswipe and it is amazing how close Sidearm is and yet so much better in every way. The thread recommended buying that mold right when I was first getting into collecting figures and it's still one of my favorites.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

TheDK posted:

It's about Generations Bumblebee/Gold bug level of stuff hanging off the back, except it doesn't tab in anywhere like BB's does, so it just kind of flops around back there. Hopefully you have, or can see, that mold and get a better idea.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So apparently that Deluxe Nightbeat headsculpt is dead on and perfect in person. So much so that people are lamenting that Hasbro is doing a general release of the character and it negates the Club Exclusive because it's just that good.

For reference the Club Exclusive was an energon mold(Hotshot) and all the energon molds were pretty lovely.

I hope they do a mass release of Punch/Counter punch with a voyager mold or something. Just so Double Dealer can have a Double Crossing friend and make the only good exclusive that the TFCC ever released pale in comparison.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

I am still looking for a Waspinator if anybody comes across one.

BBTS emailed me and told me none (including my preorder :argh:) are available till September. Oh well.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 23, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

BBTS emailed me and told me none (including my preorder :argh:) are available till September. Oh well.

gently caress me, may as well buy one off ebay or Amazon. What's his SRP, $20?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

$14.99

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I have an extra loose one I can sell you. Retail + shipping

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Meh Waspinator is allright but apparently the legends repaint is based off of this guy:

He's some sort of double homage to Venom and Bugly. Legends Thundercracker was changed to Acid Storm and The Waspinator was going to have G1 Venoms colors until they changed it to Bugly to match Acidstorm.

A Deluxe Waspinator repaint isn't out of the question since pretty much everything is being repainted atleast once. And I'd wager that they would go with Venin since he exists already.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

catch22 posted:

I have an extra loose one I can sell you. Retail + shipping

For serious? Email me at butiplayoneontv@gmail.com

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

For serious? Email me at butiplayoneontv@gmail.com

For serious. It's 4 here so I'm gonna hit the hay but I'll shoot you an email tomorrow

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Beautiful.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Kinda weird how his wings end up backwards.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blackheart posted:

Beautiful.

As great as it is there's just no way to justify paying over $30 imo. And I really hope some kind 3P company puts out a better Ravage, I still can't believe the classics version turned out better than the MP, when the other MP cassettes were so fantastic.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Arsenal_12 posted:

I fully admit that I am intimidated by the amount of stickers.

Never buy Brave toys then. :v:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Why cookie Rocket posted:

As great as it is there's just no way to justify paying over $30 imo. And I really hope some kind 3P company puts out a better Ravage, I still can't believe the classics version turned out better than the MP, when the other MP cassettes were so fantastic.

I've never understood this complaint. Sure, MP Ravage isn't a very big cat, but his design is impeccable considering the engineering demands. He's got like 1421 joints despite being smaller than a matchbox, and he looks great in both modes. Classics Ravage is just a black, jagged slab in one mode and a weird "W"-shaped creature with too long a neck and no shoulder articulation in the other. The MP is far superior.

EDIT: but yeah I'm waiting for a KO of MP Ratbat.

EDIT2: How can you honestly say that this:

is better than this:

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 24, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yep, Ravage might be the "worst" of the MP tapes (which isn't saying much really, they're all great) but I still think he's far better than the Universe version. I don't really see a 3rd party pulling out a better one, given the 3p minicassettes we've seen so far.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I love my Soundblaster just as much as Ratbat. Totally worth getting, black looks slick as hell.

Chu Chu
Jun 15, 2010
Poor Ravage. Just looking at that classics version is making my spine hurt.

I want to say this knockoff USB drive I have looks better than that.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

DoctorWhat posted:

I've never understood this complaint. Sure, MP Ravage isn't a very big cat, but his design is impeccable considering the engineering demands. He's got like 1421 joints despite being smaller than a matchbox, and he looks great in both modes. Classics Ravage is just a black, jagged slab in one mode and a weird "W"-shaped creature with too long a neck and no shoulder articulation in the other. The MP is far superior.

EDIT: but yeah I'm waiting for a KO of MP Ratbat.

EDIT2: How can you honestly say that this:

is better than this:

Lemme just add some balance to your super-cherrypicked angles:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Lemme just add some balance to your super-cherrypicked angles:

And? The microcassettes always look good only from one side. The other side is always kibble city. Universe Ravage doesn't even have a good side in cassette mode.

There is no way in hell Universe Ravage is better than MP Ravage. Is MP Ravage the least of the MP cassettes? Absolutely. Is it worse than that swaybacked detail-less thing strapped to Hound's rear end? Not for one second.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Who gives a crap? They're both Ravage, so they're both the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The photos he put up show the side of the jaguar mode and the front of tape mode for each ravage. That's not "super cherry-picked".