Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
The shamrock cup teams are now locked in and we are accepting predictions for the outcome, which will be accepted until the first real game begins.

When is that? Whenever San Goonino and Nova F.C. are ready and both of their captains message me to tell me so. Here's the final bracket:

http://challonge.com/goonshamrockcup

Prediction is now open, which means you can bet on the results basically. You just won't win anything unless people put up rewards for a perfect bracket or something.

Also, my team desperately needs as 4th and will accept pretty much anyone. Message/mention at me in the CS:GO Goons chat. I'm Fantastic/Jean-Jean
I'll try to keep most of the posting in the Buttmen Brigade thread, but I'll try to post the results at the end, and maybe make a video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Lavender Philtrum posted:

The shamrock cup teams are now locked in and we are accepting predictions for the outcome, which will be accepted until the first real game begins.

When is that? Whenever San Goonino and Nova F.C. are ready and both of their captains message me to tell me so. Here's the final bracket:

http://challonge.com/goonshamrockcup

Prediction is now open, which means you can bet on the results basically. You just won't win anything unless people put up rewards for a perfect bracket or something.

Also, my team desperately needs as 4th and will accept pretty much anyone. Message/mention at me in the CS:GO Goons chat. I'm Fantastic/Jean-Jean
I'll try to keep most of the posting in the Buttmen Brigade thread, but I'll try to post the results at the end, and maybe make a video.

I'll probably have to withdraw. I work 7 days a week and I doubt we'll ever get all 8 people on within the 4 hours I'm able to play. I was on vacation 12th to the 22nd, I thought it would be ok since you scheduled it on the last day of my vacation but it didn't happen.

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 23, 2014

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

This bracket is hosed. Nova F.C. and San Goonino have to play an extra game?

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
interro best newbie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFIXoy2EbBk

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The account I bought today has a higher rank than the account I use regularly has ever had. :I

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Very smart. Knew the guy saw him before smoke popped, and switched it up.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Stumbletron posted:

I'm happy to MM queue with any other Aus players (I stink though so it's at your own risk). I think the Goonman server would be unplayable, probably 300ms+ :(

sorry its just you're still silver while ive been enjoying the lofty heights of mge so i'm too scared to queue with you. if you add my alt account i've been intentionally tanking games with i'll get you into the novas ezpz. http://steamcommunity.com/id/gaydadsixtynine

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Unfortunately my internet has blown up for the month but next week. I think I can do it, it's just I have nobody to learn form but other silvers :smith:

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

NTT posted:

The account I bought today has a higher rank than the account I use regularly has ever had. :I

Please dont talk about breaking tos itt.

Please dont use chat binds either.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009

Bashez posted:

What tomfoolery is this?

I can't be super serious CS player all the time and sometimes Bot Wesley just comes up and P90s my a**.

I have avoided this memory leak thing. I have CS:GO installed on a removeable thumbstickdrive, and it lags like gently caress for the first (usually spectating) round and then after that it's flawless.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

:pcgaming:

Just got to Distinguished Master guardian, and we're still playing terrible teams :toot:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Sometimes you just gotta love Silver opponents. I kept smoking apps on Inferno as a CT, and for like 6 rounds straight, at least two T's ran through it straight into my crosshair. :v:

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

Unused posted:

Just got to Distinguished Master guardian, and we're still playing terrible teams :toot:

You have 24 wins lol. Wait for your elo to balance out at about 100-150 and check what rank you`re at then

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

:pcgaming:
I don't see how that'll make a difference, since we're getting paired up with legendary eagles and D. Master guardians constantly and beating them vOv

e: if anything, i'm hoping to balance out a little higher than D. Master guardian.

Unused fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 23, 2014

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCRDmSJSwSs
lol

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.
DMG and eagles have been pretty awful lately in MM. i blame the ban waves disabling peoples skill. A few weeks ago it was not this easy.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

10 wins so I got my matchmaking rank. Silver IV. :toot:

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
what the hell is "gh"

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Good half.

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

This Jacket Is Me posted:

what the hell is "gh"

goodhalf

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

By the way, when do you get silver and gold phoenix medals?

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Smol posted:

By the way, when do you get silver and gold phoenix medals?

Time on Phoenix maps
silver = 10 hours
gold = 30 hours

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Eyke posted:

Time on Phoenix maps
silver = 10 hours
gold = 30 hours

And comp wins.
Think it's 15 for silver, 30 for gold.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

Eyke posted:

DMG and eagles have been pretty awful lately in MM. i blame the ban waves disabling peoples skill. A few weeks ago it was not this easy.

we just need another 2$ sale so all those banned cheaters can hop back in and start making GBS threads all over match making again. :negative:

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Coleman posted:

Did you ever have the "memory leak" when everyone was having it? It's not just that it drops your FPS, but it's a stuttery drop. If it dropped my FPS to 70 and it was a smooth steady 70, I wouldn't care. But it's not, it's stuttery and drops even more if I see an enemy. It's hard to explain, but it's not just "oh it's 70 FPS now!" it's a jittery unplayable mess.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue, I've had it come up during comp matches and it's infuriating. It really only started happening recently, too, and I don't know why.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I've been having this thing going on recently where my ping will just spike to over 1000 and I start getting awful 10-15 second delays and things jitter around a fuckload, then it goes back to 54 and I'm left confused and depressed that I missed 3 rounds.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Triggs posted:

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue, I've had it come up during comp matches and it's infuriating. It really only started happening recently, too, and I don't know why.
For a while it was happening to the vast majority of people. But a simple restart of the game would fix it for at least one map, if not multiple maps. Adding -processheap to your launch options made it almost never happen, and that worked for me for a while. But for me, a restart of the game will fix it only temporarily, and it'll happen again 10-15 minutes later. Another fresh reinstall of CS seems to have made it go away for the last couple of games, but I'm sure it'll crop up again.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I seem to be blind today. I just can not notice those terrorists in de_dust when they are obviously there, in plain sight.

:negative:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Try removing that Oculus headset, it might be blocking your view.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Great B-site de_mirage take by HellRaisers(formerly Astana Dragons)

Also, for those of you having trouble with common jumps in comp maps, someone made a jump map compilation called kz_comp with most of them in there.

Here's a video on how to do them if you are having trouble.

Daeno fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 24, 2014

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Lately I've had stuttering, blue screens, and one gray screen (???). Never happens when I do literally anything else on my computer.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Daeno posted:

Great B-site de_mirage take by HellRaisers(formerly Astana Dragons)

Also, for those of you having trouble with common jumps in comp maps, someone made a jump map compilation called kz_comp with most of them in there.

Here's a video on how to do them if you are having trouble.

Thank you for this, c0le got me into kz just recently and this looks like a ton of fun.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Beach Bum posted:

Thank you for this, c0le got me into kz just recently and this looks like a ton of fun.
Yeah, well, good luck! I kz a lot, and I can't do all of the jumps on there with normal match settings. I've hit the cache jump maybe once, the CT nuke one railing to roof I've never even come close to. The inferno one I can do occasionally, but I'm inconsistent at it.

Some of that is pretty hard. Blas is a long time kzer, so he makes it look easy, I'm sure guys like mini and kcer can hit all of them easily enough too, but I can't, props to you if you wind up able to do them.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Coleman posted:

For a while it was happening to the vast majority of people. But a simple restart of the game would fix it for at least one map, if not multiple maps. Adding -processheap to your launch options made it almost never happen, and that worked for me for a while. But for me, a restart of the game will fix it only temporarily, and it'll happen again 10-15 minutes later. Another fresh reinstall of CS seems to have made it go away for the last couple of games, but I'm sure it'll crop up again.

-processheap seems to have fixed it, thanks!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The Nuke Window jump is the devil.

VoiceOfIntuition
Apr 11, 2009
Yeah Blasdfa holds like top5 records on like almost every kz maps he's played on csgo so it's going to look easy when he does it.

I had to look up a tutorial on how to do the ladder -> inner transition and I swear I'm doing the same thing the tutorial said to do but I still can't clear it?????? I guess there's not too many ladder jumps out there in jump maps.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
The ladder jump depends on gaining forward momentum while on the ladder instead of trying to build it with strafe in mid air when you pop off the top. Go stand sideways next to any ladder and hold forward while strafing into it. You'll go up a bit but you'll also shoot off to the side with a bit of speed. The ladder to A jump depends on you being able to generate that bit of speed on the ladder, but while you're in the hole in the floor, all without clipping anything.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Weird things going on in the NA scene. Swag going to iBP, anger to coL. Swag switching to a second-tier team doesn't seem to make sense, so I guess it's the usual "X hates Y so they can't stay in the same team" crap again.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Smol posted:

Weird things going on in the NA scene. Swag going to iBP, anger to coL. Swag switching to a second-tier team doesn't seem to make sense, so I guess it's the usual "X hates Y so they can't stay in the same team" crap again.
iBuyPower isn't exactly a "second tier team". coL has done better at some events, sure, but iBP recently won the ESEA Invite LAN finals. But yeah, American CS is a mess, as a friend of mine pointed out, it would be nice for coL and iBP to split up their stars to form a bunch more high level American teams. As it stands right now, we have two high level US teams, and a couple of "almost high level" teams, but if some of the stars of iBP and coL split up, the high tier US scene would be better, allowing them ALL to get better (by scrimming each other), and then maybe we can actually compete in the global scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Yeah maybe second-tier is too harsh, but I feel like coL is (or was, who knows what happens now) on a level above iBP, at least against European teams. From what I hear though, they don't even practice against each other, so this might just make both teams weaker.

Smol fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 24, 2014

• Locked thread