Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I was on probation for the past week so I didn't get to chime in, but the Belle Knox interview was about an hour too long and Opie is delusional for thinking that would help the podcast. She was very dull and will probably be forgotten about in a week. The fact that the guys thought openly that it was a great interview makes my head explode.

Also, Lady Di's internship made for some good radio, and I wonder if she drank all the money by now.

As an aside, gently caress Bobo and his 'ME TOO' groveling, and if they make him an intern I might cancel my subscription. I'm tired of that dunce, and I wish he would walk in front of the 7 train, for the good of humanity.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

shyduck posted:

Also, Lady Di's internship made for some good radio, and I wonder if she drank all the money by now.

As an aside, gently caress Bobo and his 'ME TOO' groveling, and if they make him an intern I might cancel my subscription. I'm tired of that dunce, and I wish he would walk in front of the 7 train, for the good of humanity.

Didn't Di drink all the money away by Day 3?

Also, I back you on Bobo. He'd last a day as an intern before he was kicked out by trying to be the center of attention and talking over everybody with his freaking bus trip. They might get a few good stunts out of him, but he needs to go back into the wilderness for a while. Fo' da show.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Didn't Di drink all the money away by Day 3?

That was the extra money she got for giving them her poo poo and piss stained underpants.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Just remember with all that Bobo poo poo like 90% of it is set up by the boys themselves. Like they absolutely had him in front of the studio and they are always calling him to get him on the air.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

The Dave posted:

Just remember with all that Bobo poo poo like 90% of it is set up by the boys themselves. Like they absolutely had him in front of the studio and they are always calling him to get him on the air.

So was 90% of the Lady Di poo poo this week which was kind of a bummer, Sam forced it way too drat much. She would have been a trainwreck all on her own without Sam telling her to interrupt every 5 seconds with something he told her to say. However that just made me appreciate Marion more because she was 100% herself on the phone.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah Sam had her interrupt a little too much at times and he started to run it into the ground a bit.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The only funny runner was how Lady Di was willing to believe every guest's name was Frank. And at first, so was her inability to take Sam's instructions without babbling very audibly in the background, whereas Bobo is actually good at accepting fed lines silently

"YOU WANT ME TO SAY WHAT ? !"

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
When Sam feeds Bobo lines they are always the loving greatest.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

The Dave posted:

Sometime this week Opie interrupted the show with:

Opster: Who's This?
Bobo: It's Bobo!
Opster: Jesus christ, can't you tell we're in the midde of something!?!?!?
Bobo: You guys put me on
*pause*
Ant and Jim: he's got a point, he's not wrong

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Lovechop posted:

When Sam feeds Bobo lines they are always the loving greatest.

Shut up, cunts, it's Bobo time!

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

feigning interest posted:

Sometime this week Opie interrupted the show with:

Opster: Who's This?
Bobo: It's Bobo!
Opster: Jesus christ, can't you tell we're in the midde of something!?!?!?
Bobo: You guys put me on
*pause*
Ant and Jim: he's got a point, he's not wrong
Opie had plunked the button down but hadn't gone to him yet, Bobo was muttering to himself about "blugh fans are recognizing me."

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
So Lady Di got mugged on saturday night and all the money is gone.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Ransom posted:

After she drank a bunch of Natty Ice and took Bill's truck to go to Crown Chicken and Bayway Liquor

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Jesus Christ! It's almost incomprehensible what a disaster her life is.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

This is what I imagine her salivating over in the dead of night when she suddenly drunk drives to go get chicken. Maybe she'll be adventurous and get the fish sandwich! Hold the soda though, I'm just going to go a couple doors down for a nice refreshment, good sir. Oh hey, the guy with the dreadlocks is holding the door for me

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Ransom posted:

This woman is radio gold.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

In Crown Chicken's defense, it is very good chicken, especially when intoxicated.

Lady Di is a total lost cause. I'm guessing her military discharge wasn't honorable or medical (which if not reflects poorly), obviously a complete drunk, but also her credit is more than likely permanently trashed. As much of a mess Bill is himself, he's gotta reach a breaking point soon and will probably kick her out.

edit: If it was an actual "dishonorable", that's on par with being a convicted felon when it comes to employment. Good job Lady Di

shyduck fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 24, 2014

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

spudsbuckley posted:

This woman is radio gold.

Ant: You were dishonorably discharged for being AWOL.
Jimmy: rus

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
That episode of Ron & Fez was weird as anything. After the first break, they were dead in the water. Ron sounded completely done with it.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Call Me Charlie posted:

That episode of Ron & Fez was weird as anything. After the first break, they were dead in the water. Ron sounded completely done with it.
What happened the first break? Fez meltdown or producer incompetence?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I liked the 'clip fights,' they were awkward as hell.

Chris sounded stressed too now that you mention it.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

shyduck posted:

In Crown Chicken's defense, it is very good chicken, especially when intoxicated.

Lady Di is a total lost cause. I'm guessing her military discharge wasn't honorable or medical (which if not reflects poorly), obviously a complete drunk, but also her credit is more than likely permanently trashed. As much of a mess Bill is himself, he's gotta reach a breaking point soon and will probably kick her out.

edit: If it was an actual "dishonorable", that's on par with being a convicted felon when it comes to employment. Good job Lady Di

I haven't listened yet, but I hope someone makes a callback to the time that she had "dishonorable discharge" in the studio.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

shyduck posted:

Well you see, she was going to go home, but she spent the money to go to San Diego instead, but then she got tired of the motel there, and the movie was just ok, so she went back, and then she went to Arlington, and she went in front of a military board, and they went HOLY gently caress YOU ARE THE MOST IRRITATING PERSON IN THE WORLD and did whatever it took to get her to shut up and leave.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Call Me Charlie posted:

I really want Ron to make good on his threat for tomorrow that if he even senses the slightest bit of dead air from Fez he's throwing him the stick and leaving him to hang.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

shyduck posted:

I don't know how they did it in the 50s or whenever she was in, but I guess it's not common knowledge that there are discharges in-between honorable and dishonorable. Usually cases like hers will receive a general discharge. She probably doesn't even know what they gave her.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i still hate marion more

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Anthony's reaction to Lady Di threatening to not finish her mugging story if the boys didn't stop interrupting her was the hardest I laughed the show in a while.

"...you loving piece of poo poo"

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

I'm listening to it right now. Shelby conversation is going well. So I'm waiting for this weirdness to commence. I mean Fez was on last week. Like really on. That jay oakerson sit in had me laughing HARD. Fridays show was really strong too

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

ChristianDB posted:

I'm listening to it right now. Shelby conversation is going well. So I'm waiting for this weirdness to commence. I mean Fez was on last week. Like really on. That jay oakerson sit in had me laughing HARD. Fridays show was really strong too

Yeah, it was normal until the first commercial break. After it's Janice, what's in the box, Fez/Shelby clip war that's basically on par with Chip/Sam, Ron leaving Fez out on the ledge for a long time while he did Yahoo News, Ron openly fed up with Fez, a long rear end conversation with whoever that lady from Florida is before quickly hitting 'and that's the end of the show donk'

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Call Me Charlie posted:

Yeah, it was normal until the first commercial break. After it's Janice, what's in the box, Fez/Shelby clip war that's basically on par with Chip/Sam, Ron leaving Fez out on the ledge for a long time while he did Yahoo News, Ron openly fed up with Fez, a long rear end conversation with whoever that lady from Florida is before quickly hitting 'and that's the end of the show donk'

The Fez and Shelby clip fight was loving hilarious.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster
I thought yesterday's show was good. Lots of Shelby talking which is always welcome.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
No lie, I would listen to Ron host a show talking to celebrities about their dogs everyday.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'm not listening to R&F right now, I'm watching a Mick Foley documentary on WWE Network, and I still can't avoid him.

drat, can't get the pic right. Jeffrey Gurian showed up in it.

TL fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 25, 2014

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.
I was surprised O&A&J didn't know that people didn't like the word tranny anymore, but then I realized I only know that from reading these forums for so long.

I've been listening to stuff from 07-09 and it was jarring at how much they used fag and human being since they never say it anymore. I wonder if they were told not to.

Also listening to old stuff made me realize that they don't use sound effects at all anymore. Like after a bomb they would play the car crash at the least but usually like 3 or 4 other "fail" type clips on top of it. Also the Homer "boring" and that awful smoker's laugh.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I hate wacky sound effects on radio shows but I always liked the car crash.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Amphion posted:

I was surprised O&A&J didn't know that people didn't like the word tranny anymore, but then I realized I only know that from reading these forums for so long.

I've been listening to stuff from 07-09 and it was jarring at how much they used fag and human being since they never say it anymore. I wonder if they were told not to.

Also listening to old stuff made me realize that they don't use sound effects at all anymore. Like after a bomb they would play the car crash at the least but usually like 3 or 4 other "fail" type clips on top of it. Also the Homer "boring" and that awful smoker's laugh.

They've gotten pretty lazy huh.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Snacksmaniac posted:

Yeah I noticed going back to listen to things from maybe 07 and before, they used a poo poo ton of sound effects, so even the clips I'm interested in I have a hard time listening to. But I don't mind a good car crash when someone bombs, and some well placed drops are good.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Snacksmaniac posted:

What's that, a train?

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Amphion posted:

Jim still throws around human being pretty casually, although it's usually at himself. After hearing the break today, I'm guessing they're gonna stick with the same mentality for tranny as they do for human being, which is "It's not offensive to me and I can't empathize with those that find it offensive, so I'll keep using it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cromulent posted:

Jim still throws around human being pretty casually, although it's usually at himself. After hearing the break today, I'm guessing they're gonna stick with the same mentality for tranny as they do for human being, which is "It's not offensive to me and I can't empathize with those that find it offensive, so I'll keep using it."
I think they've made it pretty clear over the years that they don't give a poo poo if anyone gets upset about anything they say, except for that one time a couple weeks ago Opie awkwardly mentioned that maybe they shouldn't curse so much so people could replay their clips (as if a 'gently caress' is why they aren't going VIRAL as Opie dreams they should). If they pull back on anything I think it's probably just to avoid management yelling at them.

• Locked thread