Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
Get in close with an official stammtisch member....they get special deals on tickets all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

ABen posted:

Question for Ephex (or anyone else in München).

I've got a buddy coming into town and he wanted to catch the FCB v. Hoffenheim match on the 29th. What's the best way to try and get a hold of tickets? Looks like about a minimum of 100€ a seat on Seatwave, and there doesn't seem to be anything available on Viagogo. I haven't been to a match yet, so I have no idea the best way to go about it.

I could always just drag him to a pub instead, I suppose.

Good luck getting tickets. They sold out really fast this season.

Go to a 1FCN game. Atmosphere is really good.

Alternatively, try to catch Bayern at an away game.

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

I've actually been hoping to get up to see a 1FCN game, since that's who my wife grew up with. Haven't seen them much this year, have they really been playing as poorly as the table seems to suggest?

It'd be fun to catch FCB since my buddy doesn't know much else about the Bundesliga, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if it's impossible/expensive to get tickets.

Intelligibility
Apr 8, 2011

Get shovel!

ABen posted:

I've actually been hoping to get up to see a 1FCN game, since that's who my wife grew up with. Haven't seen them much this year, have they really been playing as poorly as the table seems to suggest?

It'd be fun to catch FCB since my buddy doesn't know much else about the Bundesliga, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if it's impossible/expensive to get tickets.

Well, they didn't win a single game in the first half of the season so yeah they were pretty poo poo. It's a bit better now though.

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

Soulex posted:

Good luck getting tickets. They sold out really fast this season.

Can you not get tickets from scalpers out front for a decent price (even if the seats are really high up)?

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

ABen posted:

First half of the season was pretty disheartening. Last two games were pretty disheartening (especially the last one, where we lost due to an eintor).

Intelligibility posted:

Well, they didn't win a single game in the first half of the season so yeah they were pretty poo poo. It's a bit better now though.

Being an 1.FCN fan means expecting rough times. It's a shitload more entertaining than having a team that's expected to win. The fans are what make it, and I'm stoked to be a part of them.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Gold and a Pager posted:

Can you not get tickets from scalpers out front for a decent price (even if the seats are really high up)?

You can definitely do that, there are always a couple of them around.
"Decent" are not what I'd describe their prices though (haven't interacted with them much though admittedly).

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Gold and a Pager posted:

I assume you can. In Italy, you have to register your name on the ticket (with ID) and you need to show your ticket with ID at the door. In Germany, you can just get a ticket and go on in. I'm sure it's possible to get some off a scalper, but be prepared to be disappointed if you can't find one. And if you do, you're looking at a hefty price. Not sure how it's like in England.

1FCN isn't the best team in the world, but I'll repeat the same thing I told Nippy during the game we went to. He apologized for it being a losing game, and I told him that for me, it's not the scoreline or the team. It's the fans. The fact that we got there in seats about 45 minutes before the game, and stayed there till the end (except for beer refills and potty time) the fan section kept singing, and singing and singing. Going into a match as a neutral side can make for some great experiences. By the end of the match I was screaming at the ref for biased and stupid decisions. I wouldn't call myself a fan by any stretch. But the experience was great, and I'd definitely do it again.

I'd love to go to a Bayern game as well, but it just isn't in the cards. I couldn't tell you first hand about that.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
I like to make watching the Konferenz a bit more entertaining, so I make a sweet accy most of the time.

Yes/No?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

puschel posted:

I like to make watching the Konferenz a bit more entertaining, so I make a sweet accy most of the time.

Yes/No?

They're all good bets individually, but I don't like accumulators with that low a quota. I'd definitely drop Schalke, 1.36 is way too low given how flaky they are.

Also don't bet on bwin (that's bwin, isn't it?), they offer poo poo quotas and the last time I played there they took seven weeks (!) to cash me out. The same spread would result in a 9.41 quota (8.94 after tax) on bet365, and they cash out within two days.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Mar 19, 2014

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
Yeah thanks, I only bet on 365 anyway but bwin has a better overview on their slip so I just use it to copy&paste my tips. 9:1 seems decent enough for me, I've thought about putting on Bayern not conceding but somehow my gut says not to do it, would be 2,1:1. Also I love doing accys on the whole Konferenz, leaving out one game is cheating to me, so I put Schalke on knowing that Braunschweig aren't going to get anything from them (Sadly I'm actually from Braunschweig so it pains me to say that). Got a tip for that game with better odds?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I'm right with you on accumulators, though what I usually do is put, say, 2€ on the 5-way and 0.5€ on every 4-way or something, to even out the risk a little. Then again, I try not to bet <2.0 quotas at all, so I tend to play riskier wagers where I think the result is unlikely, but the quota is still high enough for it to be +EV. As for Schalke - Braunschweig, if you want to play it risky, <2.5 goals is 2.35; you could also bet on Schalke leading at both HT and FT for 1.95. Clean sheet for Schalke is 2.25 as well.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
I'll probably go with Schalke -1 handicap at 1.95. More than 2 goals or a Schalke clean sheet seem optimistic given their defense.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
You guys know that there is a gambling thread? Just sayin' ;)

Also dude who wanted tickets for Bayern - Hoffenheim, I put in a word with my favourite scalper and he'll get back to me.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
Yeah I know ephex but it's Bundesliga-specific so I thought I'd discuss it here.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Robben has extended his contract to 2017

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Jose posted:

Robben has extended his contract to 2017

Cue a broken leg and guest appearances in Chipsfrisch commercials.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I vehemently dislike Arjen Robben and everything about him, including his face and the way he runs

Things might be different if he hadn't bottled that chance in 2010 but we'll never know, will we Arjen

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
rip Nürnberg, rip just rip

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Dunban posted:

loving hell. :(

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Leverkusen :(

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Hoffenheim :(

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I'm just...

it's...

I...

...gently caress.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
I don't know whether I'd rather like to see Hamburg against St. Pauli or Nuremberg vs Fürth in the playoffs.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Katana Gomai posted:

I'm just...

it's...

I...

...gently caress.

The loss against Lautern broke Leverkusen.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

ephex posted:

The loss against Lautern broke Leverkusen.

The writing was on the wall way, way before that. Come to think of it, literally half a season ago when we won against Hoffenheim due to the non-goal, we were already in a stretch of 2-3 games which we've won by a hair (and may well have lost), and at some point our luck had to run out. We lost three games against poo poo teams before the winter break, even. I agree with you in terms of morale though, that all went straight to poo poo when we got knocked out.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
And yet you're still on a Champions League spot.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

The league is poo poo outside of NRW and Munich.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Nah man, it's "the best league in the world" :pwn:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
What did that one Spanish reporter write? That Bayern is only dominating the league because the rest is poo poo, and Real Madrid are by far the best team in the world and will crush Bayern if the two meet?

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Mar 24, 2014

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Torrannor posted:

Real Madrid are by far the best team in the world

:allears:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dunban posted:

That was... It's... I... What... How... :smithicide:

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I hate football so much right now. Another loving draw. The 14th draw in 27 games. In the last five games there were four 1:1 and in three of them Dynamo was easily the better team and could have won. If those dumbass attacking players were actually able to convert some of their dozen chances. Or if our opponents wouldn't score from the single loving chance they create in 45 minutes.

Seriously, the lower 10 teams in 2.Liga are all total poo poo only the others somehow manage to win sometimes against each other while our team only ever draws and slowly falls behind. Seeing them play well for several play days in a row now and only walking away with one or zero points pisses me off so much! :bang:

Scheiße, verdammte!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
:getin:

Finally we've defended the title again, first time since Felix loving Magath.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dunban posted:

Finally we've defended the title again, first time since Felix loving Magath.
What a terrible, long time of suffering that must have been for you guys - nine years of hurt finally over. Really happy for you that you were finally able to overcome this trauma.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

What a terrible, long time of suffering that must have been for you guys - nine years of hurt finally over. Really happy for you that you were finally able to overcome this trauma.

*eight, with only three (now four) championships between them. Have some sympathy, dammit!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

frankenfreak posted:

:thumbsup:

You know what I mean. For all this talk of Bayern dominating the Bundesliga, we haven't backed it up with titles that much in the last ten years.

Of course it's been great overall, but it's not like we won the title every single year

Dunban fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 25, 2014

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

:thumbsup:

You know what I mean. For all this talk of Bayern dominating the Bundesliga, we haven't backed it up with titles that much in the last ten years.

You have won six of the last ten championships you goober.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

• Locked thread