Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

James Polk posted:

okay, this is a pretty "out there" theory, but what are the odds that the plane crashed into the ocean killing all those aboard?

Yeah right, and the moon landings were faked.

Wait, I should pick something that's actually bullshit

Yeah right, and Oswald was - poo poo, wait.

Yeah right, and Obama is Ameri - damnit, this is harder than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Unlike you guys, I do come from an aviation background. Not only am I from the same state that Boeing is in, I've also flown on a few airplanes in my day AND I've been to the Museum of Flight.

Knowing that, I am going to say that the plane was in the path of an underwater volcano, flew into the ash and crashed. But we can't find it because the volcano changed the fluid dynamics of the water and caused the airplane to sink. Then covered it in lava.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

7thBatallion posted:

Unlike you guys, I do come from an aviation background. Not only am I from the same state that Boeing is in, I've also flown on a few airplanes in my day AND I've been to the Museum of Flight.

Knowing that, I am going to say that the plane was in the path of an underwater volcano, flew into the ash and crashed. But we can't find it because the volcano changed the fluid dynamics of the water and caused the airplane to sink. Then covered it in lava.

Dear expert on planes and stuff,

I work for CNN.

Can we interview you?

Our readers would love the volcano angle.

Regards,

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
Probably pilot error why it crashed. Just get rid of pilots and go full auto. All those prima donnas do is sleep and occasionally kill a lot of people.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

7thBatallion posted:

If we're going to make this a battle of experts, I've been to both the Smithsonian Air & Space, and the annex facility and have a poo poo ton of frequent flyer miles through work.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i have one of those nickels with an airplane on it and I'm deaf in one ear because of a sonic boom at an airshow and in my expert opinion Carmen Sandiego is on the plane somewhere

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

jscolon2.0 posted:

If we're going to make this a battle of experts, I've been to both the Smithsonian Air & Space, and the annex facility and have a poo poo ton of frequent flyer miles through work.

O ya well I've been there too, also to the Evergreen Aviation Museum, the Seattle one and a few others. Plus I have FSX on my PC. :smug:

I wish I had a cool job where I got to fly though :(

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

rocket_man38 posted:

I wish I had a cool job where I got to fly though :(

Me too. Maybe you would have been on this flight and you could tell us what happened to you.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

Me too. Maybe you would have been on this flight and you could tell us what happened to you.

"Glug glug gurgle gurgle"

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Rambling Robot posted:

Dear expert on planes and stuff,

I work for CNN.

Can we interview you?

Our readers would love the volcano angle.

Regards,

I have it on good authority from my Uncle who works at Nintendo that Waldo was on board the plane and he was sick of being found.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I have a very chillax blue collar dad who never goes out for conspiracy theories.
Today at lunch while speculating about this incident that he thought there was a chance the plane was diverted to an unexpected location and the passengers were being ransomed or in some way imprisoned and that the US (with perhaps other govt's) were playing along with the "Gee, gosh, where is it who knows?" routine while they hammered out a strategy/negotiation.

Dads gonna dad.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

I have a very chillax blue collar dad who never goes out for conspiracy theories.
Today at lunch while speculating about this incident that he thought there was a chance the plane was diverted to an unexpected location and the passengers were being ransomed or in some way imprisoned and that the US (with perhaps other govt's) were playing along with the "Gee, gosh, where is it who knows?" routine while they hammered out a strategy/negotiation.

Dads gonna dad.

If that was the case, the governments involved could just keep playing dumb and not bother negotiating because whoever took 'em hasn't bothered to make it public.

Why pay money to kidnappers when you can just go to the families all "Welp, they crashed and sank into the *mumble mumble* trench. It's too deep so we'll never be able to recover them. PEACE!"

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Cthulu Carl posted:

If that was the case, the governments involved could just keep playing dumb and not bother negotiating because whoever took 'em hasn't bothered to make it public.

Why pay money to kidnappers when you can just go to the families all "Welp, they crashed and sank into the *mumble mumble* trench. It's too deep so we'll never be able to recover them. PEACE!"

Agreed. They'd make more money just killing the people and harvesting their organs and selling the good looking ones into sex slavery.

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

I was born in a farmhouse in Pineville, North Carolina
how can i get involved in the search? i enjoy boats and have 20/20 vision. is there any expedition taking volunteers?

edit: does anyone want to pitch in for a GoonBoat?

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
THEY FOUND IT

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

James Polk posted:

how can i get involved in the search? i enjoy boats and have 20/20 vision. is there any expedition taking volunteers?

What are your contingency plans should the lingering chemtrails lead the valiant CYA GoonBoat to the secret island hostage holding pens?

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
oh nevermind

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I heard the "black box" "pings" can be heard only within a few miles. They should really make the pings louder and have them play loud music.

Another option would be to have all the planes tethered to extremely high tensile rope. Planes would never go missing again.

FreyaXI posted:

Think he meant LOST. In which you just look silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQYwFND7rHE

James Polk posted:

BREAKING NEWS

GoonBoat lost at sea: no survivors.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Zogo posted:

BREAKING NEWS

GoonBoat lost at sea: no survivors.

nothing of value was lost

OppyDoppyDopp
Feb 17, 2012

quote:

Great App Very nicely done and with loads of details. Love thinking i am also helping to find a missing plane

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

rocket_man38 posted:

I wonder if that Air Crash Investigations show has started filming this already?

They have started using it in advertisements. Was it Pilot error? A kid allowed to fly the plane? Bad Weather? While we still don't know the fate of the Malaysian airliner, here are some other episodes you may be interested in.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

Comstar posted:

They have started using it in advertisements. Was it Pilot error? A kid allowed to fly the plane? Bad Weather? While we still don't know the fate of the Malaysian airliner, here are some other episodes you may be interested in.

i wonder if the producers get all excited when these high profile incidents happen

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

i wonder if the producers get all excited when these high profile incidents happen

I would not be surprised to find out the producers orchestrated some air crashes.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

"Sure the crash is bad but. ..." :10bux:

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Most producers are Jewish as well, so...

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

WaryWarren posted:

Most producers are Jewish as well, so...

Go away Hitler, I'm pretty sure this is Bin Laden's ghost's bailiwick.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

James Polk posted:

how can i get involved in the search?

Well you can start by drowning yourself in the Pacific.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Wow that's shameless.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
Have they looked underwater?

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

I'm down for pitching in for oobie's earch oat.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
Mother Jones is reporting that the climate change you caused has made it impossible to find the plane since the ocean currents are now messed up:

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/03/climate-change-malaysia-airlines-370-search

I hope this opens your eyes, and that the families of those lost on flight MH370 sue each and every one of you.

And I also hope that all the countries involved in the search bill you for their search time spent, since you are responsible for losing the plane.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*the year 2059*
i remember when one of those one timey planes got lost forever. i remember posting a lot of stupid poo poo about it on the internet heh heh

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Did they ever find Amelia Earhart?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shut the gently caress up grandpa, we just lost another ship to the warp

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Angela Christine posted:

Yeah, turns out she actually never flew in a plane in her life that lying bitch.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

See: the horrible episode entitled "the 37s" from Star Trek Voyager.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

Zogo posted:

I heard the "black box" "pings" can be heard only within a few miles. They should really make the pings louder and have them play loud music.

Another option would be to have all the planes tethered to extremely high tensile rope. Planes would never go missing again.

they should make them smell like whale pussy because then you just look for thousands of whales swimming around with boners and there's your airplane (probably covered in whale jizz but hey you found it right?)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

rocket_man38 posted:

See: the horrible episode entitled "the 37s" from Star Trek Voyager.

No. Never again. Never again.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.