Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

David Copperfield posted:

I was more freaked out by the Toddler thing. It wasn't creepy as much as :wtc:

It's an AU-fic-askblog-whatever where a swimming teacher gives rest to her maternal istincts by writing about baby versions of the cast. It's pretty innocent, all things considered. I posted mainly because I find it pretty well written and cute considering the source. Sorry if it upset you but I don't find it weird.

If you REALLY want to go :wtc: you need to read Homestuck High. It's the My Immortal of Homestuck and that's saying enough.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Please stop implying that you know a lot about the Homestuck fanfic scene.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Bongo Bill posted:

From the lowercase first name, uppercase second name, I presume that paradoxGentleman here is an import from the official MSPA forums. Thus, it is reasonable to assume that they do know a lot about the Homestuck fanfic scene.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

JT Jag posted:

From the lowercase first name, uppercase second name, I presume that paradoxGentleman here is an import from the official MSPA forums. Thus, it is reasonable to assume that they do know a lot about the Homestuck fanfic scene.

Indeed, his username causes him to imply that he knows a lot about the Homestuck fanfic scene with every post he makes. Therefore, he should stop posting.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

Bongo Bill posted:

Indeed, his username causes him to imply that he knows a lot about the Homestuck fanfic scene with every post he makes. Therefore, he should stop posting.

Oh, I know there's some weird poo poo out there when it comes to fanfiction. I just happen to know the most infamous part of it. Can you honestly tell me that Homestuck High doensn't deserve its reputation?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

paradoxGentleman posted:

Oh, I know there's some weird poo poo out there when it comes to fanfiction. I just happen to know the most infamous part of it. Can you honestly tell me that Homestuck High doensn't deserve its reputation?

Prior to your posting I had never heard of it. I imagine this goes for a decent chunk of the people here.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

paradoxGentleman posted:

You are springing traps I didn't know existed.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
This guy is basically making GBS threads all over himself and it's hilarious, to me.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

King of Solomon posted:

Prior to your posting I had never heard of it. I imagine this goes for a decent chunk of the people here.

I guess I was in the wrong for presuming, then. Well, now you know: Homestuck has its own So Horrible It's Hilarious fanfiction. Do with this knowledge what you will.

JT Jag posted:

While I didn't make an account for the fanfiction thread, I did try my hand at the MSPA forum. On the one hand, it's a nice place and they have some pretty cool fan adventures. On the other, they can be a bit overenthusiastic at times and the Classpect thread is almost impossible to follow.

Freak Futanari posted:

This guy is basically making GBS threads all over himself and it's hilarious, to me.

Could you please explain what am I doing wrong?

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

Could you please explain what am I doing wrong?

You're still posting. The hole you're in now is so deep that you're swimming in magma.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
You're giving us too little information. Please tell us more about the fanfics you like and/or dislike. If you could tell us your OTP, that would be really cool.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Homestuck fanfiction is pretty funny though.

edit: Although probably not in the manner it's meant to be.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 24, 2014

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

This is what we've come to.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Daius posted:

You're still posting. The hole you're in now is so deep that you're swimming in magma.
If I don't understand what the problem is, I'm hardly going to find a way to fix it. So I might as well keep shaming myself and maybe I'll understand what I'm doing wrong.

Freak Futanari posted:

You're giving us too little information. Please tell us more about the fanfics you like and/or dislike. If you could tell us your OTP, that would be really cool.

Allright, time to explain the joke, beacause you don't seem to get it:

Homestuck High is one of the worst pieces of fiction ever written by human hands. The grammar is atrocious to the point of being impossible to understand, the plot doesn't make sense even by fanfiction standard and the characters can barely be defined as such. I was suggesting it to have a laugh at it, not because it's good.
I know you're trying to be passive-aggressive here, but I'm honestly just trying to contribute to the conversation. If someone could please explain where I went wrong I'd be happy to correct myself.

Bongo Bill posted:

This is what we've come to.

Trolling the newbie is hardly something rare. I might as well learn something from this.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 24, 2014

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Stay your hand, Freak Futanari. This man is my ally.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

You know way more about Homestuck fanfiction than anyone here is comfortable with.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Stay your hand, Freak Futanari. This man is my ally.

Very well.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

YF-23 posted:

You know way more about Homestuck fanfiction than anyone here is comfortable with.
Thanks for the info. While I did find some fanfiction worthy of being read, I understand that there is a pretty heavy precedent for disliking it. Whatever.

Here's an image from the ILoveFine contest as a peace offering.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Get that kid some braces, Jesus, just look at those chompers.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

paradoxGentleman posted:

I never found stoner jokes to be all that funny, honestly.
But if we're talking about alternate character interpretation, I'll say that I have a sweet spot for Toddlerstuck.
There's something inherently pleasant in taking the universe-shaking events in Homestuck and put them in a pre-school context.
edit: eliminated link because it's against the rules to post fanfiction. Sorry about that.

So, jokes that are about adult situations are bad. Jokes about very young child situations are good. Combine that with the rest of your posting, and I sure have :frogsiren: in my head.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

rotinaj posted:

So, jokes that are about adult situations are bad. Jokes about very young child situations are good. Combine that with the rest of your posting, and I sure have :frogsiren: in my head.
It's just stoners, not adult situations in general. And I didn't say that they're bad, just that I don't find them funny. If you like them, more power to you.

Angry Walrus posted:

Get that kid some braces, Jesus, just look at those chompers.

One thing should be common in every fanart of John: he is the nightmare of every dentist.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 24, 2014

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

paradoxGentleman posted:

It's just stoners, not adult situations in general. And I didn't say that they're bad, just that I don't find them funny. If you like them, more power to you.

Go easy on him, guys, he's seen some Homestuck fanart in his day and doesn't care much for stoner jokes. There's nothing creepy h-

paradoxGentleman posted:

There's something inherently pleasant in taking the universe-shaking events in Homestuck and put them in a pre-school context.

:crossarms:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

paradoxGentleman posted:

One thing should be common in every fanart of John: he is the nightmare of every dentist.

Serious talk time. I appreciate that you're being very diplomatic in your responses here, but you should probably take Forum Rule #1 to heart and just lurk more. Your candor in this thread has come off as really quite creepy, and exactly the kind of Homestuck fan behavior that is often made fun of on the SA Forums. Again, the fact that you're being so cool about people razzing you is nice, but dude. Just take a break from posting.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Oh neat, there's like thirty new po-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRp_mVi969I

:stare:

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
If the cabin fever is getting to you, you can always retreat to the reread thread. We're not too far into Act 6 at the moment, so if you want to refresh yourself on it before the final update, now would be a great time to start. Better than discussing fanfic and generally embarrassing ourselves even more than we already have by liking this comic in the first place, anyway.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly, I'm disappointed we didn't get links to these so-called "terrible" fanfics.

I can judge their quality on my own, thank you very much. :colbert:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Honestly, I'm disappointed we didn't get links to these so-called "terrible" fanfics.

I can judge their quality on my own, thank you very much. :colbert:
Here you go. It's funny in the same way SBaHJ is funny.

rotinaj posted:

Serious talk time. I appreciate that you're being very diplomatic in your responses here, but you should probably take Forum Rule #1 to heart and just lurk more. Your candor in this thread has come off as really quite creepy, and exactly the kind of Homestuck fan behavior that is often made fun of on the SA Forums. Again, the fact that you're being so cool about people razzing you is nice, but dude. Just take a break from posting.
I probably should have taken this advice when it was posted the first time. Oh well, thanks anyway. I'll take a break now.

Just as a disclaimer: I didn't mean anything weird by "pleasant". English is not my first language and sometimes I pick the wrong word for expressing what I want to say.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 24, 2014

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
ok pee gee, ima give you a downlow on how we do it here.

SA is filled completely with self-loathing nerds. Even if we like something, we'll be damned if we admit it. do not praise stuff unless you include a good deal of :negative: with it. For the love of god, do not admit to liking secondary works to nerdy poo poo like fanfics unless you strongly imply that you are a big gay baby for liking it (or you're koos)

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

There's a little bit of Koos in all of us.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Moddington posted:

We are all Koos now.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moddington posted:

The funnest bit IMO

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Put a different way: homestuck fanfic and tvtropes are both disturbing and offputting and you are hinting that you are really into both which makes you a disturbing and offputting person.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
So how about this webcomic, huh? I hear it has some cool music. What's your favourite? Mine's Eternity Served Cold. :)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Deleter posted:

So how about this webcomic, huh? I hear it has some cool music. What's your favourite? Mine's Eternity Served Cold. :)

SlamSlammer is the best thing to come out of Homestuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTlu86X6lvk

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
I only clicked on this because of the thumbnail but boy howdy I was glad I did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_kkB-mIkT4

CAUCASIAN

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Because of what I just posted, I am not going to link the homestuck version of Just Lose It, but I am going to certainly imply it exists.

Just Lose It is very appropriate for Homestuck, since they are both terrible

vv it started from the first space jam mix in SUaJ:G and hasn't looked back since.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 24, 2014

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Did the "mix everything with Quad City DJs" thing start with Homestuck, or did it start all the way back with Charles Barkley Gaiden?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The sooner Hussie posts the final update, the sooner we can bury this thread for good and never speak of it again.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

David Copperfield posted:

Did the "mix everything with Quad City DJs" thing start with Homestuck, or did it start all the way back with Charles Barkley Gaiden?

Charles Barkley Gaiden, I'm pretty sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

RZApublican posted:

Charles Barkley Gaiden, I'm pretty sure.
yeah, there are quite a few Charles Barkley Gaiden references in the earlier acts, and people were mixing that song with other songs before