Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chim
Jun 23, 2004
Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

7 new tracks, yellow/light blue vinyl, and gatefold artwork.

it's completely remastered. you can stream the new master on polyvinyls website, but it honestly sounds a little weird, especially if you've listened to the original satanic panic a lot. I'm on the fence about the reissue personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I just looked it up and there will be 1200 copies.

Just wait a week or two after RSD and they will be everywhere online, readily available.

Ya big nerd you.

On one hand, 1200 seems like a really small number for an awesome record

On the other, I imagine people aren't going to be falling over each other for an Anamamaguchi album.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

alg posted:

I wish those guys would stop puttin' out so many goddamn records.

I don't.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Chim posted:

it's completely remastered. you can stream the new master on polyvinyls website, but it honestly sounds a little weird, especially if you've listened to the original satanic panic a lot. I'm on the fence about the reissue personally

Weird like they remixed it?

izationalizer
Jul 2, 2012

I don't know what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.
If anyone in the US needs a copy of New Order's "Power, Corruption & Lies," here's a VG+ copy for a mere $5. I'm guessing that the only reason it hasn't sold is because the title just reads "FACTUS TWELVE"; I doubt many people are searching for that!

SOLD!

izationalizer fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 22, 2014

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Dudes, major goodwill score. Basically half of Rupert Holmes' discography, all NM or better, including two "unofficial" releases and a rare promo version of Pursuit of Happiness with a handwritten white label. Pretty psyched.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 22, 2014

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Woo the camera on this phone is almost as crappy as the camera on the previous phone. The artist formerly known as MC Nikke T has a record store not 200 metres from my home.

Bonus tea cup for your viewing pleasure.

Family Photo
Dec 26, 2005
*cheese*

izationalizer posted:

If anyone in the US needs a copy of New Order's "Power, Corruption & Lies," here's a VG+ copy for a mere $5. I'm guessing that the only reason it hasn't sold is because the title just reads "FACTUS TWELVE"; I doubt many people are searching for that!

Yes! Thanks!

dalaamprince
Jul 16, 2008

Sockser posted:

On the other, I imagine people aren't going to be falling over each other for an Anamamaguchi album.

And that's a loving shame. :colbert:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Sockser posted:

Apparently it's like 2700.

Club Sandwich
May 25, 2012

BigFactory posted:

Dudes, major goodwill score. Basically half of Rupert Holmes' discography, all NM or better, including two "unofficial" releases and a rare promo version of Pursuit of Happiness with a handwritten white label. Pretty psyched.

Not knowing anything about Rupert Holmes I'm going to assume it's the kind of music dad's puts on when they're about to gently caress.

edit: after listening to Rupert Holmes, I stand by my opinion but I also really like it.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Club Sandwich posted:

Not knowing anything about Rupert Holmes I'm going to assume it's the kind of music dad's puts on when they're about to gently caress.

edit: after listening to Rupert Holmes, I stand by my opinion but I also really like it.

I think long gone are the days when Rupert Holmes would get you laid.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gently caress the Ultravox record is a compilation of tracks from before they were any good :(

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Club Sandwich posted:

Do you like Pina Colladas?

Still, Holmes wrote the song that I hate the most: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGNdvKvbxYQ

It's offensive. They should have eaten Joe instead of Tim!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Jesus, Holmes wrote that? That means the man wrote a trifecta of candidates for worst song ever, between Escape, Him and Timothy.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Allen Wren posted:

Jesus, Holmes wrote that? That means the man wrote a trifecta of candidates for worst song ever, between Escape, Him and Timothy.

Worst? I'm gonna have to ask you to turn in your badge.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Escape is an awesome song about a man who is in a loveless marriage, so he decides to have an affair with a woman who is actually his wife. It's quite sad.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
In reality, there would have been a fist fight.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
That 808s and Heartbreaks repress though

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Cemetry Gator posted:

Still, Holmes wrote the song that I hate the most: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGNdvKvbxYQ

It's offensive. They should have eaten Joe instead of Tim!

This song is awesome. I was eight years old when it came out and even I knew what it was about. I love the over-the-top orchestration.

Holmes also wrote this song by The Jets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sByNZekTwCI

3dou
Jun 17, 2013

The best kind of sex is VHS.
Yikes. I've always hated the way RSD listed their poo poo.

Here's a spreadsheet I got a couple of weeks ago all record store owners get.
I took out some stuff, but all the basics are there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmO69tqPoNq7dGVZZTk0N0p3VmVicUt0Z1hTRG1saEE

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

3dou posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmO69tqPoNq7dGVZZTk0N0p3VmVicUt0Z1hTRG1saEE

Would you happen to know if US vendors will be getting the Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon soundtrack?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

3dou posted:

This is a goddamn public service, thank you so much for sharing.

Jonny
Dec 31, 2005

LCD Soundsystem box set $130. :gonk:

DammitJanet
Dec 26, 2006

Nice shootin', Tex.

Jonny posted:

$42 for Blood Dragon?!?!! gently caress that! Guess I'll be picking up the Anamanaguchi instead. Greedy fuckers...

And of course the Terminator 2 7" is UK-only. gently caress everything.

DammitJanet fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 24, 2014

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Jonny posted:

How is that bad for a 5 LP set where they play almost every song they have? Each individual album is usually between $20-$30 anyway.

Action Serious fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 24, 2014

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
hopefully sears will pick some up

3dou
Jun 17, 2013

The best kind of sex is VHS.

CPL593H posted:

Would you happen to know if US vendors will be getting the Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon soundtrack?

I'm not 100% sure, but my guess is yes, considering that this excel sheet was given to a US vendor who goes through Alliance. Though just to be safe, I contacted the owner; should get a reply soon.

Blast Fantasto posted:

This is a goddamn public service, thank you so much for sharing.

Yeah, I really should have added this earlier. I didn't bother until after RSD released theirs because I noticed people linking that one. I wasn't sure which one people were using.

If you guys want, I can also list the price of how much record stores have to pay for it as well; it's pretty interesting.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'd like a copy of Rock, Rot, and Rule but it's hard for me to get excited about a $25 lp, let alone have to wait hours in line to get it.

There's no way to know which stores have a particular record, is there?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

lots of cool albums at low low prices thanks to our buddies at BEST BUY

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vinyl-sale-119384?id=pcat17071&nrp=15&sp=%2Bcurrentprice+skuidsaas&qp=&browsedCategory=&gf=y&cp=1

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Some surprisingly decent stuff in here, if you're the kind of person who listens to p4k approved records: The Flaming Lips, Wavves, Best Coast...

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Every album I bought from the last major BestBuy clearance was damaged in some way. Expect disappointment.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Snowy posted:

I'd like a copy of Rock, Rot, and Rule but it's hard for me to get excited about a $25 lp, let alone have to wait hours in line to get it.

There's no way to know which stores have a particular record, is there?
It'll have wide release later, this is just a limited edition colored vinyl. There's no way Tom would have the record itself be an RSD exclusive.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Me in Reverse posted:

Every album I bought from the last major BestBuy clearance was damaged in some way. Expect disappointment.

Make sure to run the prices against Amazon, as well. I thought a lot of things in there were good deals were either the same price on Amazon (who are much more reliable for shipping records) or only a buck or two cheaper.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

het posted:

It'll have wide release later, this is just a limited edition colored vinyl. There's no way Tom would have the record itself be an RSD exclusive.

Yeah that does seem like the kind of dick move that he wouldn't pull. Thanks, I'll skip it then.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

If you don't already have The Flaming Lips - The Terror, it's 10.99 on Best Buy which is a crazy good deal.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-terror-lp-vinyl/21045399.p?id=2661458&skuId=21045399&st=vinyl-sale-119384&lp=10&cp=6

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

CPL593H posted:

If you don't already have The Flaming Lips - The Terror, it's 10.99 on Best Buy which is a crazy good deal.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-terror-lp-vinyl/21045399.p?id=2661458&skuId=21045399&st=vinyl-sale-119384&lp=10&cp=6

Thanks, chums, and also thanks to the almost forgotten Best Buy gift card that allowed me to get three albums for three dollars.

Flaming Lips : the terror
Spinal Tap
El P : cancer 4 cure

None of that was high on my nonexistent buy list, but gently caress it, yo.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Melody's Echo Chamber is fantastic at $9. Especially if you dig Tame Impala.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Half of what I wanted was sold out, but I managed to pick up all three of Streetlight Manifesto's major albums, plus the Catch 22 version of Keasbey Nights for half of their regular price which is pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Stop making me spend money you fuckers. I need to save up for that LCD box set.