Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texasmed
May 27, 2004
gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

rocket_man38 posted:

See: the horrible episode entitled "the 37s" from Star Trek Voyager.

Over the course of the summer Mrs. Genesplicer and I spend a lot of time in our art studio. We have a DVD player out there, and we play lots of movie and TV series while arting. One thing we watch is the entirety of Star Trek, from TOS to DS9. "The 37's" is one of the few episodes that we actually skip.

Also, the plane is still missing.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

like dust in the wind

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
CNN just had a lady on that blames global warming for the plane going away because the pollution from cars breaks down the atmosphere and the pollution goes into space which then travels to the sun and causes the sun to erupt in solar flares which hosed with the planes controls and caused it to crash and the rest of global warming changed the ocean currents swept the plane away into Africa or something.

I'm not kidding CNN will take any crazy person as a guest at this point.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

I got it! I got it!

I don't got it.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

pollution from cars breaks down the atmosphere and the pollution goes into space which then travels to the sun and causes the sun to erupt in solar flares which hosed with the planes controls and caused it to crash and the rest of global warming changed the ocean currents swept the plane away into Africa or something.

makes u think

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Guys, we just need to figure out the link between 9/11 and Mangosteens using numerology.

Warrahooyaargh
Sep 15, 2007
Oh the mundanity
In Europe and North America these days, if a plane goes off course and stops talking to ATC it seems like the done thing is to send fighters up to have a look at it, but that didn't happen in this case (unless I've missed something). Don't they do that sort of thing in that part of the world, or was nobody paying attention?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
From my basic understanding Malaysia and a few other countries got caught with their pants down logistically concerning air traffic. And from there they kinda bumbled their way through press conferences while trying to pull their pants up.

Malaysia is also not used to international press getting in their faces so there's a bunch of drama with the families that goes with that. IE: the US has laws requiring airlines to divulge information during disasters. Its not the same in other countries.

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Mar 24, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You know what, it was llamas.

Mystery solved, we're done here.

Knight Corgi
Jan 5, 2014
So right now there's a press conference in Malaysia. They have apparently found/sighted two orange objects.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Knight Corgi posted:

So right now there's a press conference in Malaysia. They have apparently found/sighted two orange objects.

it's my dick, and my butt.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Knight Corgi posted:

it's probably just two oranges.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Warrahooyaargh posted:

In Europe and North America these days, if a plane goes off course and stops talking to ATC it seems like the done thing is to send fighters up to have a look at it, but that didn't happen in this case (unless I've missed something). Don't they do that sort of thing in that part of the world, or was nobody paying attention?

Not even true for all European countries. The Swiss airforce keeps business hours. If you fly your hijacked aircraft into Swiss airspace between 12:00 and 13:00 you are in luck because the fighter pilots are on lunch break.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
They found the plane. Just saw it on TV. Everyone is safe and they are all having tearful reunions with their families.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

atomicthumbs posted:

They found the plane. Just saw it on TV. Everyone is safe and they are all having tearful reunions with their families.

:gbsmith:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I was wrong it was the end of the movie "Airplane". False alarm. Sorry

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
~~~iF u TrUlY lOvE sUmFiN lEt iT Go N iT wIlL cUm BaK 2 U~~~

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

atomicthumbs posted:

I was wrong it was the end of the movie "Airplane". False alarm. Sorry

:fiesta:

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.
CBC is reporting the Chinese have found two objects, while CNN is reporting the Aussies have found two objects.

4 objects 2 countries or 2 objects 1 cuntry?!

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Rick Rickshaw posted:

CBC is reporting the Chinese have found two objects, while CNN is reporting the Aussies have found two objects.

What's a oval office-ry?
:tipshat:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
The guy at the hot dog stand says that the Americans shot the plane and this is all a cover up, is he right??? Need some goon opinions on this one.

mckenna
Jan 19, 2005

I've done... questionable things

Knight Corgi posted:

What colour are mangosteens?

Warrahooyaargh
Sep 15, 2007
Oh the mundanity
Malaysian PM is going to hold a press conference at 10.00pm local time, 14h00 GMT, per the BBC.

Edit: Also going to meet the families 30 minutes beforehand, apparently.

Shall we have a thread hug?

Warrahooyaargh fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 24, 2014

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

I was born in a farmhouse in Pineville, North Carolina

a pipe smoking dog posted:

The guy at the hot dog stand says that the Americans shot the plane and this is all a cover up, is he right??? Need some goon opinions on this one.

how many hours has the hot dog man logged in Microsoft Flight Simulator? this is important

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

They finally conceded

rip

e: They say it's in the southern Indian Ocean

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 24, 2014

Warrahooyaargh
Sep 15, 2007
Oh the mundanity

Vertical Lime posted:

They finally conceded

rip

e: They say it's in the southern Indian Ocean

And they told the relatives by text message, no less. Stay classy, Malaysia.

Edit: It still seems as if no confirmed debris has been found. Have the Malaysians just decided things have gone far enough and they want to scale down the search effort? It's not a wealthy country and it must be costing a fortune to try and locate the plane.

Warrahooyaargh fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 24, 2014

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
there could still be people alive dont give up you guys.

quote this if u still have hope

Tumble fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 24, 2014

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
awwwww that's a shame. RIP everyone on MH370. :(

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Wow Malaysia that's the coldest text message breakup in history

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

Rick Rickshaw posted:

4 objects 2 countries 2 girls 1 cup

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Obligatory Handle posted:

They are all dead at the bottom of the ocean.

From March 15. Called it guys, how did I come up with this wacky theory and nail it???

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
oh thanks so much for the update

haha i dont know who picked that for a headline but it sure is silly, could have worded it better

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

NihilismNow posted:

Not even true for all European countries. The Swiss airforce keeps business hours. If you fly your hijacked aircraft into Swiss airspace between 12:00 and 13:00 you are in luck because the fighter pilots are on lunch break.

that's awfully Mediterranean of them to do

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Fat Lowtax posted:

Wow Malaysia that's the coldest text message breakup in history

They should have snapchatted it. 2 mins then its gone forever~

Outpulse
Feb 11, 2009
I hope this doesn't affect mangosteen prices :ohdear:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMZCWuJ82G8

SD87
Jun 7, 2011

Tumble posted:

there could still be people alive dont give up you guys.

quote this if u still have hope

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Warrahooyaargh posted:

And they told the relatives by text message, no less. Stay classy, Malaysia.

Edit: It still seems as if no confirmed debris has been found. Have the Malaysians just decided things have gone far enough and they want to scale down the search effort? It's not a wealthy country and it must be costing a fortune to try and locate the plane.
They haven't announced a scale down. I think they were just under pressure to make a statement on the ultimate fate of the plane for the families' sake. It's pretty clear now that based on satellite and radar evidence that the plane had to have gone down in that region and nowhere else. Whether they actually find debris is the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warrahooyaargh
Sep 15, 2007
Oh the mundanity

Pig Benis Disciple posted:

that's awfully Mediterranean of them to do

Gonna hijack a plane and fly to Spain at siesta time.

That's a joke, GCHQ, if you're reading.

• Locked thread