Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I love Loveline, but Adam's podacast might as well be called "bitter old white man complaining about everything". I personally hate it.
Same here. I fell into the Carolla podcast hard earlier last year but very quickly you realize he's just using the podcast as a vehicle to sell his wine and just repeats the same shpiel about how superior he is for being a rich while male and should be treated special because of it and how women/liberals/poors just make excuses instead of bootstrapping to success. Every now and then he'd have something really funny happen with a guest, then just beat it into the ground on every re-appearance. I stopped listening to the Adam & Dr. Drew show because it also just became a super passive aggressive right wing wankfest more than they were making with the lmaos.

But, just like with this show, I stopped listening long ago but read their threads every single day :negative:

edit: I should mention the one thing I did get out of my stint with the Carolla show is Alison Rosen's podcast Alison Rosen is Your New Best Friend. She is obscenely funny and likable. This might be a can of worms but I sometimes notices she'll drop a really good one liner on the Carolla podcast and I can clearly hear them kind of pausing and stifling their laughs a little bit, prob cause she's a woman, etc :shobon:

edit edit: new page, should quote the nice young man I am responding to

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
How does that distinguish it from Howard Stern?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

For me I always found Howard to be much, much more passive and harmless about his rich white guy problems, in a very detached sort of "aww that's adorable how little you know outside of your tiny, little millionaire world" kind of way. Adam is just loving unbearable about it and how much he plays up being the victim.

For gently caress's sake

Lately people get real fuckin mad about 6 posts off topic so sorry about this derail! :frogbon:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Holy gently caress how could I forget this KC moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37kpJdUrWi4

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Popper looked weirder in that, a big loving goony dude in a stupid hat pulling knives out on people

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Popper looked weirder in that, a big loving goony dude in a stupid hat pulling knives out on people

John Popper: He Makes KC Look Sane.

"KC posed for gay photograaaaaphs" is definitely one of the top 5 Stern songs of all time.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 21, 2014

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

haljordan posted:

John Popper: He Makes KC Look Sane.

"KC posed for gay photograaaaaphs" is definitely one of the top 5 Stern songs of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjj3POxlcGU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuF5cMbG3Wc

One sign of a good song parody is that I instinctively think of the parody's lyrics rather than the original's. I don't even remember Little Deuce Coupe. :haw:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Those parody songs are always a million times funnier when the person can't sing or is just screaming over the normal song or just playing a trumpet and shouting about how gay KC ARMSTRONG is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c__0ufWHs0

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Riosan posted:

One sign of a good song parody is that I instinctively think of the parody's lyrics rather than the original's. I don't even remember Little Deuce Coupe. :haw:

"Release Robin's Bra" gets stuck in my head every year for a month on either side of Christmas.

edit:

AxeManiac posted:

Those parody songs are always a million times funnier when the person can't sing or is just screaming over the normal song or just playing a trumpet and shouting about how gay KC ARMSTRONG is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c__0ufWHs0

A trumpet and... a basketball?

ChaosMonkey fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 21, 2014

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Oh mootzarel mootzarel mootzarel balls

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Artie loves Pancakes... Washes them down with chocolate shakes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izoRUZyIhD8

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I WANT YOUR MUFFFFFFFFF, MUUUUUFFFFFFFF!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7CdAbji-zA#t=75

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Someone just uploaded an absolutely absurd number of clip packs to usenet. Are the "WDM" packs on youtube anywhere? They're almost entirely stuff from terrestrial so if not I'll try to start uploading some stuff, anyone know where I can upload hundreds of MBs of rars?

There's

-Daniel Carver
-Sal the Stockbroker
-Ronnie Mund
-Scott the Engineer
-Stuttering John
-Underdog Lady
-Wendy the Retard
-Riley Martin
-Pat Cooper
-Mr. T
-Mr. Methane
-KC Armstrong
-Jeff the Drunk
-JD
-Hey Richard, This Is Your Dad
-Grillo
-Hateman
-Hank the Dwarf
-Get Johns Job
-Elliot Offen
-a lot more holy cow

I'm currently making my way through the Carver pack, it spans from the '80s and is amazing. I love that they've given him over 30k.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
That's a pretty impressive collection, like over 80gbs - YIKES!

Also you know the deal, can't really endorse the sharing of them on the site, so don't go blasting the easily accessible locations and ways to get those files, for legal reasons and all that. You never know if Eric the Midget is watching the site waiting to drop the hammer on it. I heard he has friends.

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 21, 2014

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That would be excellent, not nearly enough terrestrial stuff in my set.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Riosan posted:

Same with me and "Paint It Black":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2Qecnjky8

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Artie is singing right now on 101... drat, I miss fully engaged, enthusiastic Artie. :smith:

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Riosan posted:

Richard alone is responsible for this happening to at least 50 songs when I heard them. I think GUYS GUYS GUYS is my favoriteeeeeeeee

edit

hahaha I get in my car and immediately get hit with the real version on the radio...I was dying laughing

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 22, 2014

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Squashy Nipples posted:

Artie is singing right now on 101... drat, I miss fully engaged, enthusiastic Artie. :smith:

He sang Your Song to those sisters (they still on the show?) on his new radio show, it was really good and dark and slightly creepy.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Daniel Carver - Part 1/3 ('86-98) credit goes to whoever WDM is!

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf0BTfR64Tk

"YES HELLO, THIS IS THE GRIM REAPER..."

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

http://gossipextra.com/2014/03/21/howard-stern-closet-beth-palm-beach-3509/

quote:

EXCLUSIVE — Howard Stern: $10 Million-Renovation in New $52 Million-Palm Beach House — For Wife’s Closet!

"J.D. Harmeyer sleeps in roach infested squalor while billionaire Howard Stern spends $10 million GRAAAAND on a closet for his wife!"

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Is Ralph the interior decorator?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Sand Monster posted:

http://gossipextra.com/2014/03/21/howard-stern-closet-beth-palm-beach-3509/

"J.D. Harmeyer sleeps in roach infested squalor while billionaire Howard Stern spends $10 million GRAAAAND on a closet for his wife!"

Obviously Stern has the money and he can't take it with him when he dies, but I couldn't imagine him ever needing a house this big. Could you imagine how neurotic he would be if that house was full of people when he is down there on vacation?

edit: The closet is going to be bigger than my apartment. :psyduck:

edit 2: Gotta love the comments:

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 23, 2014

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

quote:

Artie Lange
6 hours ago
Hey guys. I never say this but I should. Whenever u guys express how u miss me on Howard when they play a rerun it makes me feel great. Thank you. Artie.

Good guy Artie

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Obviously Stern has the money and he can't take it with him when he dies, but I couldn't imagine him ever needing a house this big. Could you imagine how neurotic he would be if that house was full of people when he is down there on vacation?

Yet he constantly harps on others and how they should save animals, be in better health, whatever he's hyped about this month; how about you spend your millions on some philanthropic work rather than a closet reno?

I'm not saying he can't spend it how he likes, but if you constantly pitch for your shlub audience to support the goddamn North Shore Animal League, how about you leave them alone with their lovely incomes and just bank roll the ever so worthwhile endeavor yourself?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I want to listen to Gary argue with KoaB for an hour.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Speaking of staff salaries. Do you guys believe that guys like JD, Richard, and Sal are making sub-60k a year? You guys have all been listening way longer than I have but I've kind of been under the impression that it's just schtick about how broke they are. I know Howard is out of touch with the value of money but I just can't believe he's making that much money while Sal is raising 3(?) kids and a crazy wife on what they make it seem like is pennies a year (I know he goes on the road making $, but even if he's making 70k a year it seems ridiculously low). I'm dying to know how much all those guys actually, genuinely make at the end of the day.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

The fact that Richard Christy isn't a multimillionaire is a giant injustice. He is hilarious lovability incarnate.

He can make me laugh with one word at the beginning of a prank call.

:haw: Hiiiiiiiiiii! :haw:

Oh Rusty. You learned how to pump off.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Speaking of staff salaries. Do you guys believe that guys like JD, Richard, and Sal are making sub-60k a year? You guys have all been listening way longer than I have but I've kind of been under the impression that it's just schtick about how broke they are. I know Howard is out of touch with the value of money but I just can't believe he's making that much money while Sal is raising 3(?) kids and a crazy wife on what they make it seem like is pennies a year (I know he goes on the road making $, but even if he's making 70k a year it seems ridiculously low). I'm dying to know how much all those guys actually, genuinely make at the end of the day.

Im not the boss, right Robin?

Everybody negotiates their own deal, right Robin? Robin? Robin are you there?

Seriously though I doubt its sub 60k, but definitely not as much as they should make working for a multi-millionaire.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Look would you rather have a living wage, or free plugs?

The way they made it seem in the Stuttering John megapack it really didn't sound like he was making $50K after 15 years.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Great episode today, always love to have up and comers like Joan Rivers in the studio.

And wasn't Armisen just on?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Look would you rather have a living wage, or free plugs?

The way they made it seem in the Stuttering John megapack it really didn't sound like he was making $50K after 15 years.

I wonder how much unreported income John earned during his years on the show.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Wasn't John following the Jackie mold with like 5 lovely houses around long island?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Great episode today, always love to have up and comers like Joan Rivers in the studio.

And wasn't Armisen just on?

You know who I really want to hear from? Sandra Bernhard!

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Speaking of staff salaries. Do you guys believe that guys like JD, Richard, and Sal are making sub-60k a year?

I don't know about Richard and Sal, but for a long time JD was working 12 hour days and could only afford a lovely apartment in Queens which he shared with two or three other roommates.

an adult beverage posted:

Wasn't John following the Jackie mold with like 5 lovely houses around long island?

I know he had a house plus an apartment in the city, which he later sublet to Gange and Grillo, which then led to this classic fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRRL1SBh0Hw

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

GenoCanSing posted:

The fact that Richard Christy isn't a multimillionaire is a giant injustice. He is hilarious lovability incarnate.

He can make me laugh with one word at the beginning of a prank call.

:haw: Hiiiiiiiiiii! :haw:

Oh Rusty. You learned how to pump off.

My wife and I haven't listened to the show in YEARS but we still can't mention wheelbarrows without laughing.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

ChaosMonkey posted:

My wife and I haven't listened to the show in YEARS but we still can't mention wheelbarrows without laughing.

Yeah hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, I just called my grandson, and he wants to know...how many wheels does the wheelbarrow haaaaaaaaaaaave?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Its disgusting and juvenile but this may be my faaaaaavorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdW6R_sWwtk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
"fartplug"