Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

How much do co-pays usually cost? My buddy's was about 7 USD for group therapy and I think 10 USD to see a psychiatrist. That was just for some 'minor' grief counseling. Nothing like for aspergers or schizophrenia or something. Benny are you afraid if tapping into your burger fund for copay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
A heroin addiction is the best therapy there is. Choose life, Benny.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Wedemeyer posted:

How much do co-pays usually cost? My buddy's was about 7 USD for group therapy and I think 10 USD to see a psychiatrist. That was just for some 'minor' grief counseling. Nothing like for aspergers or schizophrenia or something. Benny are you afraid if tapping into your burger fund for copay?

Completely depends on your plan. On the plan I get through my job, I pay $25 for most doctor visits, and I think $12 per prescription (or some ridiculous amount if they're not generic drugs), and I feel like that's pretty typical. If Benny's covered under his parents' insurance, I'd guess that's roughly what he's looking at. Which, if you've got no income and have allegedly been contributing to household expenses from your savings except probably not really because you're a compulsive liar, could certainly feel too expensive to be worthwhile, even though it's really not.

If he's eligible for Medicaid or whatever else California offers in that line (and he might not be if his parents' income counts), he might (or might not, I only really know how Minnesota's system works) be looking at substantially lower copayments, if he has any at all.

Rodent Mortician
Mar 17, 2009

SQUEAK.
Mental health is usually covered differently than 'normal' doctors. My plan is $20 to see a PCP or $60 to see a mental health professional. But, if I remember right he went through county or city services to get matched up with a low-cost provider, who usually see people on a sliding scale.

Starter Wiggin
Feb 1, 2009

Screw the enemy's gate man, I've got a fucking TAIL!
Do you know how crazy the ladies go for those?
California is MediCal and you can only get services in your county or some other restrictive area like that, so it has a little hiccup.
But nothing like Benny is imagining I'm sure.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

docbeard posted:

Completely depends on your plan. On the plan I get through my job, I pay $25 for most doctor visits, and I think $12 per prescription (or some ridiculous amount if they're not generic drugs), and I feel like that's pretty typical. If Benny's covered under his parents' insurance, I'd guess that's roughly what he's looking at. Which, if you've got no income and have allegedly been contributing to household expenses from your savings except probably not really because you're a compulsive liar, could certainly feel too expensive to be worthwhile, even though it's really not.

If he's eligible for Medicaid or whatever else California offers in that line (and he might not be if his parents' income counts), he might (or might not, I only really know how Minnesota's system works) be looking at substantially lower copayments, if he has any at all.

I don't know why on earth you think Benny's parents, only one of whom is employed last we heard and whom he has vaguely hinted may not be US Citizens, have health insurance, much less health insurance as good as yours. He's abandoned the thread because he's a dumb idiot baby who gets off on being a dumb idiot baby so we'll never know for sure, but you should know that not everyone has the same healthcare options as you.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

cname posted:

Pretty much this + I'm sure it costs some miniscule amount of money that Benny can't/won't come up with. IE: If something he really wanted was the same price as the co-pay, he would likely find a way to get it.

He could probably ask his mom for some spending money for his therapy and medicine. She could even remind him to take his pills.

Benny leaving this thread is the first non-stupid thing he's done since the thread started. If he actually gets to volunteer at the library, I can totally picture the library staff seeing him as some weird guy that takes forever to organize anything or wipe tables, who is always talking about this novel he's writing to anyone who will listen. Then all his thunderdome entries will be about libraries.

This might be all Benny is capable of and he's probably happy with it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I don't know why on earth you think Benny's parents, only one of whom is employed last we heard and whom he has vaguely hinted may not be US Citizens, have health insurance, much less health insurance as good as yours. He's abandoned the thread because he's a dumb idiot baby who gets off on being a dumb idiot baby so we'll never know for sure, but you should know that not everyone has the same healthcare options as you.

Oh, I'm not taking it as read that Benny's parents have health insurance, much less health insurance that covers him as well, just raising it as a possibility. Without confirmation (or indeed with confirmation) from Benny, everything here is speculation.

I'm well aware of the state of health coverage in the U.S., even with the advent of the ACA, but fair enough bringing it up all the same. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to light some cigars with some hundred dollar bills, a tradition that absolutely everyone, I assume, can participate in.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

docbeard posted:

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to light some cigars with some hundred dollar bills, a tradition that absolutely everyone, I assume, can participate in.

Smoke em if ya got em :clint:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Adult baby. That's why he left.

Perfidia
Nov 25, 2007
It's a fact!
Well, Joe Biden* just tweeted me that next Monday is last signing-up day, so let's hope that happens if Benny needs it. I might privately laugh at him, but I really don't want the guy and others like him to suffer.

*/ if you're a goon**, Mr Veep: great job tweeting that several times daily for the last weeks. It practically made me sign up, and I'm not even American.

**/ he better be.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Perfidia posted:

Well, Joe Biden* just tweeted me that next Monday is last signing-up day, so let's hope that happens if Benny needs it. I might privately laugh at him, but I really don't want the guy and others like him to suffer.

*/ if you're a goon**, Mr Veep: great job tweeting that several times daily for the last weeks. It practically made me sign up, and I'm not even American.

**/ he better be.

Not that you aren't allowed to or anything, just curious - why do you follow Joe Biden on twitter if you're not American?

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
Joe Biden is a bit of a comic figure, no?

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

Xenocides posted:

Benny's Lament (to the tune of Empty Chairs at Empty Tables)

Starter Wiggin posted:

What goon is it that sings? Colorfinger?
We need him.

I recorded this, I hope you don't mind.

http://www.colorfinger.net/stuffo/bennysLament.mp3

Colorfinger fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 27, 2014

Starter Wiggin
Feb 1, 2009

Screw the enemy's gate man, I've got a fucking TAIL!
Do you know how crazy the ladies go for those?

I think I love you.
Close up shop, nothing greater can come from this thread.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I love you and I want to have your babies. I think I owe you an apology though. Some of the lyrics were hard to match with the tune but you did a good job with it.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

:staredog:

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

Best thing to come out of E/N ever

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god. That was amazing. Colorfinger you rule.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

That poor crazy Benny's gone and put his head right into the sand. Song was amazing. I do have to wonder if Benny even comes here anymore or if the good advice was so overwhelming he could no longer block it out.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Of course Benny reads this thread it's not like he's got anything else to do.

That song is awesome!

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

CrazyTolradi posted:

That poor crazy Benny's gone and put his head right into the sand. Song was amazing. I do have to wonder if Benny even comes here anymore or if the good advice was so overwhelming he could no longer block it out.

There's not been an influx of hugboxing, so Benny's got no reason to post.

Anoulie
Oct 8, 2013
Benny neither lost nor got a dishonorable mention in the Thunderdome this week! Good job!

Maud Moonshine
Nov 6, 2010

This is wonderful. :allears:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

All we need now is a Benny animation by Everdraed to go with this and e/n can die happy.

franco
Jan 3, 2003

:drat:

CellarDweller posted:

I assume it has to do with everyone finding out about the adult baby fetish.

Darth123123 posted:

Adult baby. That's why he left.

He's posted five times after that particular revelation. Are you just forgetting about his superpower of being able to cherry-pick only the things he wants to respond to? He's had similar gaps in the past, I wouldn't read too much into it. A little speculative fetish mudslinging isn't going to stop ARE BENNY.

Ursine Asylum posted:

There's not been an influx of hugboxing, so Benny's got no reason to post.

That's more likely the case.

Y'know it just dawned on me - Ben deserves props for bucking an e/n trend - 127 pages and a year+ later and he still left his OP intact. Of course that could merely be down to :effort:, but I like to hope he's committed, if clueless.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

This thread just keeps giving.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

I recorded this, I hope you don't mind.

http://www.colorfinger.net/stuffo/bennysLament.mp3
[/quote]

Beauty. Pure beauty. Close E/N, it has served its purpose.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Holy poo poo.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
I really hope he got the volunteer position at the library and has health insurance. It probably won't lead to a job, but hopefully it'll cause the lights to switch on and he'll realize "drat, no wonder I was unemployable. This is what it takes to be a good employee in today's economy."

The song is awesome though, so the thread was completely worth it.

cname fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 25, 2014

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Well it won't get much better than this until everdraed posts a benny gif with this song attached. Well played sir.

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Lolie posted:

All we need now is a Benny animation by Everdraed to go with this and e/n can give all their golden manbabies 555.

Veskit posted:

Well it won't get much better than this until everdraed posts a benny gif with this song attached. Well played, goon sire.

Jesus, Everdraed is a talented animator, but this "summoning" bullshit is embarrassingly goony poo poo. You gonna ask for a bigpeeler/hakan story about Benny, or maybe a Game Quoter appropriate screen cap next? Even Benny has managed to not pre-emptively rip the arse out of a joke :cmon:

Perfidia
Nov 25, 2007
It's a fact!

Not that you aren't allowed to or anything, just curious - why do you follow Joe Biden on twitter if you're not American?

Uncle Salty posted:

Joe Biden is a bit of a comic figure, no?

Right, that was the plan, but it's actually really boring because it's "the office of the VP" and no hilarious Onion-style Bidenisms. Can't un-follow now, though, or I'll go on the terrorism list.

But now evidence shows I should follow Colorfinger instead! (Beautiful!)

buteruc
Feb 12, 2009

THIS IS AMAZING.

Benny, how's the library?

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

buteruc posted:

THIS IS AMAZING.

Benny, how's the library?

Benny has abandoned this thread. He is focused on his writing now.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Robot_Rumpus posted:

Benny has abandoned this thread. He is focused on his writing now.

Maybe if we all say "Benny The Snake" three times into a mirror at midnight he will return to us.

Tomorrow.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Anoulie posted:

Benny neither lost nor got a dishonorable mention in the Thunderdome this week! Good job!
It is probably worth mentioning this rests less on the merits of Benny's ability to string a story together and more on the complete inability of a dozen other people to do so.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
We're all going to feel really silly when Benny puts a link to this thread in the acknowledgements section of his future bestseller.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

If that were come to pass, I demand a handwritten thank you note delivered personally to everyone in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Aqua Bear posted:

We're all going to feel really silly when Benny puts a link to this thread in the acknowledgements section of his future bestseller.

We all know he'd put that in the foreword by means of an accidental cut-and-paste in the middle of an unrelated sentence. Other writers would go "oops, silly me!" and clean up the mistake. Benny will see the mistake and go "oh well I know that that's wrong but I wasn't meaning for this to be my best book" and leave it right there.

• Locked thread