Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sugar Hiccup
Dec 15, 2009

oh no
Submitting Gumshoe this year, everyone wants a baby Bear egg. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tossing Buttercookie into the naming hat!

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008
Can I add Skittles to the hat?

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
How about adding Cattywampus?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I am excited for baby chickens :neckbeard:

For names I submit Bloodwing, or, for a Bear baby, Porridge. (That is the name of the teddy bear I got for being born as a baby :3:)

an expert
Jul 18, 2011

I'm going to branch out from being a champion mousenamemancer and suggest Wrasslemans as a chickenname.

JimBobDole
Nov 6, 2005

'Tis the season.
I would like to throw Isaac into the Bear Baby pile.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

As to the names--my mom's dog is named Isaac and that could get confusing, and we already had a Skitters and currently have a Skillet, so we can't do Skittles. Sorry.

There are 11 Bear eggs in the incubator. Everyone, if you want your name to ONLY be considered for one of Bear's chicks, or one of the bantam Cochins, mention it in your post.

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 24, 2014

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
Cluckingham Palace, please :)

JimBobDole
Nov 6, 2005

'Tis the season.
Ok. How about Uriah the Hittite for Bear Babies?

Zaran
Mar 26, 2010

Like every year I submit the name Charizard, maybe this year she will be born!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

NotASandwich for any chick.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
C. rex for anyone, Baloo for a bear.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

I'd like to submit Lu Bu once again. Maybe this year!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Everyone, if you want your name to ONLY be considered for one of Bear's chicks, or one of the bantam Cochins, mention it in your post.

If a chick gets named Nyarlathotep I don't really mind who is the mama.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Submitting Abstract Noun for chicken perusal.

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008
How does Schmetterling sound? (It's German for butterfly).

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Chicken Number 2

Mofette
Jan 9, 2004

Hey you! It's the sound, in your head goes round and round

Gaga please - everytime it's been picked she's been a quitter :(

Don't quit, Gaga!

Beaver O Lindy
Feb 3, 2004

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye
Submitting the name Bandit! :)

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
I'm going to revive one of the kindergardeners' suggestions from last year because I like it so much -- Snakefast!

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Strychnine because why not?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Ayin posted:

I'm going to revive one of the kindergardeners' suggestions from last year because I like it so much -- Snakefast!

Gotta snakefast :3:

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Well, it seems Club Flamingo is opening early!

We went to Tractor Supply to get chick food, and stopped by the chick bins to visit the babies. This little Barred Rock chick had a bloody vent and was being eaten by a bunch of Rhode Island Red chicks, who were chasing her all over pecking at her vent (this is why I don't like Rhodies!). I called one of the employees over and he scooped her out and put her in a box. I could kinda see where this was going (TS doesn't sell chicks except in quantities of 6, and has a sign up over their chick bin stating that chicks are sold for 'agricultural purposes only' don't you DARE even THINK about how cute they are--!) and had a strong suspicion that this chick was destined to be taken out back and tossed in the garbage.

So I told the guy that I could give it a good home, we were hatching chicks in a few days and were all set up. He was kind enough to give her to me.

I told the kid not to get attached yet, we have to see if she lives or not. We've put Kwik-Stop on her vent and fed her some electrolyte solution, and the kid donated a small stuffed animal for her to cuddle with. She's just starting to get wing feathers and her egg tooth has fallen off, so I'd put her at about 1 week old. Right now she's resting and doing very well under mama flamingo's watchful eye. :)

But I'll bet she'll need some tractor-related name...

EDIT: Actually I kinda bombasticmom-bellowed throughout the store that they had an injured chick, now that I think about it, yikes. :blush:

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 25, 2014

JimBobDole
Nov 6, 2005

'Tis the season.
She has to live, because she is a country song incarnate!

Vaga42Bond
Apr 10, 2009

Die Essensrationen wurden verdoppelt!
Die Anzahl der Torpedos wurde verdoppelt!
Yay, name submission time:
Kriemhild Gretchen

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Friend to all creatures great and small

Velvet Sparrow posted:

We went to Tractor Supply to get chick food, and stopped by the chick bins to visit the babies. This little Barred Rock chick had a bloody vent and was being eaten by a bunch of Rhode Island Red chicks, who were chasing her all over pecking at her vent (this is why I don't like Rhodies!). I called one of the employees over and he scooped her out and put her in a box. I could kinda see where this was going (TS doesn't sell chicks except in quantities of 6, and has a sign up over their chick bin stating that chicks are sold for 'agricultural purposes only' don't you DARE even THINK about how cute they are--!) and had a strong suspicion that this chick was destined to be taken out back and tossed in the garbage.

So I told the guy that I could give it a good home, we were hatching chicks in a few days and were all set up. He was kind enough to give her to me.

I told the kid not to get attached yet, we have to see if she lives or not. We've put Kwik-Stop on her vent and fed her some electrolyte solution, and the kid donated a small stuffed animal for her to cuddle with. She's just starting to get wing feathers and her egg tooth has fallen off, so I'd put her at about 1 week old. Right now she's resting and doing very well under mama flamingo's watchful eye. :)

But I'll bet she'll need some tractor-related name...

awwww what a cutie pie!

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008

Velvet Sparrow posted:

I'm so happy that you were able to rescue her. Linc is going to have a Barred Rock buddy!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Man, Barred Rocks are huge AND he'll have a week's start on everyone else already.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Velvet Sparrow posted:

YAY! This will be the Queen chick of the brooder box! Barred Rocks ROCK! I hope she heals up okay! Thanks for giving her a chance! :)

OMG BYZANTIUM
Dec 30, 2008
Ok, I've suggested this for 3 years, I think, so maybe I'll get lucky! I nominate the name Cruiser. That little chick from the Tractor store looks like it has slayed that stuffed rabbit in the pic.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
In vaguely tractor-y names for the new baby, I suggest Drott/e. As well as being a type of earthmover it's also apparently Swedish for a type of lord/king so it's a very noble name for a very noble chicken baby.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Tractor name suggestion: "Deerie" (for John Deere tractors). :)

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Inveigle posted:

Tractor name suggestion: "Deerie" (for John Deere tractors). :)

This is definitely her name.

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013

Velvet Sparrow posted:

wahhh....so cute <3 You're amazing VS! I hope that little one grows up to be big & healthy! :3:

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Allie/Allison! (Allis-Chalmers tractors)

I'll put my name in for the regular hatch as Moon Unit

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

The first candling Hatch B is now! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/chickam2008

Baby chick peeping in the background courtesy of our little newbie, who is doing better and perking around some. :)

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Well...shoot. No Bantam Cochins for me. :smith: Non of the 6 eggs I bought developed, and on breakout all were infertile. I'll have to contact the breeder and see if she thinks it's worth trying again, but I kinda doubt it. I was so looking forward to them, too...

Of the rest of Hatch B, we have 5 eggs with squirmy, active embryos (1 is a Bear egg), and 6 more that likely have embryos but I couldn't be certain (4 are Bear eggs with dark green shells).

7 eggs were duds (6 bantam Cochins and 1 of ours) and on breakout, the bantam Cochins were infertile, our egg was fertile but never developed.

I also pointed the cam at our little chick for a minute, who promptly turned and showed a lovely poobutt. :sigh:
I'm going to be careful about cleaning her since I don't want to start her little vent bleeding again.

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs

Velvet Sparrow posted:

I also pointed the cam at our little chick for a minute, who promptly turned and showed a lovely poobutt. :sigh:

She fits right in :3:

Sorry about the duds, maybe they need to trim their chicken butts, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joanna
Jul 16, 2013
For the naming ceremony, I would like to suggest the name Dot / Dotty if there isn't already a pet with a similar sounding name. :)

• Locked thread