Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The scene where the girl got pushed over and hurt her knee felt really awkward and forced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

The scene where the girl got pushed over and hurt her knee felt really awkward and forced.

Just like her character!

Also- ITS A COOKBOOK!!

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
I quite liked the Terminus introduction. I hope they go more down the "contrasting approach to the prison" road than the "murderous cannibals" one. Seeing how effectively an open commune could keep itself safe and deal with a variety of new comers who aren't keen on keeping the peace would be far more interesting than rehashing the weakest episode of TWD game.

If it is cannibals then that could be interesting if done well, and hey, there have been some really good episodes lately so who knows?

Oh, and Dr Goon not telling people because it's top secret and their response being "oh hey, cool, I will totally go along with that" is kinda dumb. I imagine it's building up to an admission that he doesn't actually know anything but if people act shocked and/or angry I will do a :lol:.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

rawdog pozfail posted:

After the old dude's schpiel about how people don't need to be good to survive, just stick together in a group and follow some rules it will be absolutely stunning if terminus isn't cannibals.

Finding out beth's dinner would be the most cliche thing but they might actually do it.

If they're going to go the cannibal route, I hope that it's more of a morally grey thing. Like maybe they eat only people who have already died. I feel like they already did the sadistic "kill people to eat them" cannibal route in season 2, but I might be confusing it with the video game.

Horrorshow
Sep 15, 2007
Bees are not snack food
Dozens of maps and directions for Terminus (based on the maps the characters have seen), that lead to a town with an unguarded, unlocked gate. No obvious guards. No signs of zombies outside. Met by an unarmed, harmless woman cooking giant steaks and offering the travelers free food. How can you see this as anything other than a cannibal trap?

And the reason cannibalism is a trope is because it doesn't take long for people to resort to it. Like, less than 2 weeks. Think of all the battles, sieges, etc where it happened. Hundreds of thousands of people were cannibalized when your grandparents were alive in World War II. And then people were still growing food, factories produced can goods, etc.

Terminus is the god of boundaries, and is honored with sacrifices and feasts.

Predictions: Beth is missing at least one limb but still alive. Maggie is killed. Someone has to kill Beth. Terminus is a cult that believes that by sacrificing humans and eating them they will be protected from zombies as they have 'honored' them by eating as they do.

That or Mary just a got a shipment of Omaha steaks.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Gianthogweed posted:

If they're going to go the cannibal route, I hope that it's more of a morally grey thing. Like maybe they eat only people who have already died. I feel like they already did the sadistic "kill people to eat them" cannibal route in season 2, but I might be confusing it with the video game.
Depends on what you think is more likely: that Terminus is behind the Beth-napping, or another yet-introduced group.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Wait, I think Terminus is an anagram...

Terminus = I AM LORD VOLDEMORT

:aaa:

Milkshake Stranger
Feb 8, 2010

Pretty sure the painting Michonne found IS meant to depict the woman from Terminus

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Even in such trying times I find that true beauty blossoms in this world. And true beauty thy name is Terminous. Twenty two years of professional reviewing and finally a restaurant demands more than traveling the globe to experience; its simply to die for.

In our come-and-go, post-apocalyptic society where death lurks both around every corner and within us all as a dormant virus, it should come as no surprise that human flesh has managed to replace the notorious fugu fish as the prime delicacy of the most adventurous foodies.

So, for the first time in the history of our review guide, we urge you experience Terminus once (if not twice) a life. We proudly present Terminous with our first and only 6 Michonne Star rating.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

No Beer Left posted:

Pretty sure the painting Michonne found IS meant to depict the woman from Terminus

Aww poo poo, but what does it mean? Cannibal sunflowers?

BigbyWolffe
Oct 30, 2011

Horrorshow posted:

That or Mary just a got a shipment of Omaha steaks.

Mary's introduction at the grill reminded me of:

Yeah, I wouldn't trust her at all.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Even in such trying times I find that true beauty blossoms in this world. And true beauty thy name is Terminous. Twenty two years of professional reviewing and finally a restaurant demands more than traveling the globe to experience; its simply to die for.

In our come-and-go, post-apocalyptic society where death lurks both around every corner and within us all as a dormant virus, it should come as no surprise that human flesh has managed to replace the notorious fugu fish as the prime delicacy of the most adventurous foodies.

So, for the first time in the history of our review guide, we urge you experience Terminus once (if not twice) a life. We proudly present Terminous with our first and only 6 Michonne Star rating.

"Terminus: It won't cost you an arm and a leg...either/or will do."

I still think it's gonna be a neo-pagan cult or something.

"Lower your weapons and walk into this dead-end alley. Don't look up or anything."

Mr. Giggles
Nov 4, 2009

Crankit posted:

Aww poo poo, but what does it mean? Cannibal sunflowers?

using people as fertilizer for the massive grow op the other guy posted about is probably the most likely scenario

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Supposedly the lady at the end is wearing Beth's sweater.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

computer parts posted:

Supposedly the lady at the end is wearing Beth's sweater.

Myth busted

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's just one of those random theories that someone throws out on the Internet, and it spreads because not a lot of people go check.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Maybe she's just like an ex-kindergarten teacher turned post-apoc dictator

Nobody eats anybody but you better not say a fuckin' peep at nap-time

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Horrorshow posted:

Terminus is the god of boundaries, and is honored with sacrifices and feasts.

Predictions: Beth is missing at least one limb but still alive. Maggie is killed. Someone has to kill Beth. Terminus is a cult that believes that by sacrificing humans and eating them they will be protected from zombies as they have 'honored' them by eating as they do.

Could be an interesting twist if zombies can smell cannibals and so just see them as fellow walkers.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I wonder if Glenn's lie about where Tara came from is the end of that, or if they're gonna squeeze any drama out of Maggie and all eventually finding out that she was with the Governor's group.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

WastedJoker posted:

Yeah it did seem like Terminus was really folksy and it was strange how the place was ridiculously easy to walk into - like a trap should be.

It is even foreshadowed as a trap with the Rick & Carl conversation about how his rabbit trap works.

paraphrasing: "See... you set the loop and cover it up. Now notice the funnel along the path, forcing them to go through it? That way they don't even see what they're running into."

The train tracks serve as a funnel.

Sunflowers apparently symbolize longevity, enlightenment and honesty. The Native Americans used to lay bowls of sunflower seeds on the graves of their dead (according to Teleflora). Sunflowers also provided oil and food.

Nice irony.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Lycus posted:

I wonder if Glenn's lie about where Tara came from is the end of that, or if they're gonna squeeze any drama out of Maggie and all eventually finding out that she was with the Governor's group.

Hi, welcome to this thread you must have just started watching this show.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The sunflower society may not be cannibals but they(?) have to be something a whole lot scarier than a revenge biker gang of libertarians and a whole different level of insane than the gov.

elbow
Jun 7, 2006

Siroc posted:

Terminus controls an anthropomorphized oil puddle that will kill all underdeveloped characters and absorbs Rick until the middle of next season. It's the reason all zombies ignore Terminus- you can't eat oil.

Terminus, or Paradise Valley?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Siroc posted:

Terminus controls an anthropomorphized oil puddle that will kill all underdeveloped characters and absorbs Rick until the middle of next season. It's the reason all zombies ignore Terminus- you can't eat oil.

This better not be the case, because we lost Peter O'Toole and he was the guy who figured out how to kill the evil anthropomorphized oil puddle in Phantoms.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Mantis42 posted:

Its also kind of weird to use a house full of food as a trap to catch people to eat, when you could just eat that food in the first place.

I'm fairly certain just because they are cannibals doesn't mean they only are because there isn't any food. They can always be sick bastards much like someone that keeps a wall of aquarium heads

Alchenar posted:

My main concern is that twice now this show has literally pulled a 'bus full of extras who've hit the end of their plot-driving utility die in a very implausible manner' and I suspect that Terminus may go for round 3 on that.

I dunno, the bus was shown taking rounds during the gun fight...and that metal ain't all that thick. Add to that all the bullet holes in the back of the bus when it was found.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 25, 2014

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I'm actually really glad that we got to see terminus, I thought the poo poo we saw would have been the season finale cliffhanger.

Festivus
Feb 19, 2007

No More Heroes posted:

Apparently the title of the season 4 finale is "A" for answers

You're wrong, its clearly for the Pretty Little Liars crossover episode.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Mu Zeta posted:

It was but I guess her leg was already a little bit jacked up from escaping the prison, and/or she is made of glass.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

SocketWrench posted:

I'm fairly certain just because they are cannibals doesn't mean they only are because there isn't any food. They can always be sick bastards much like someone that keeps a wall of aquarium heads

Yeah, that's fair in this universe, I guess.

I think the ratio of crazy people to sane people is incredibly inflated, but I guess it's a TV show after all.

fake edit for this thread:

quote:

I think [fictional thing] in The Walking Dead is [unbelievably fictional], but I guess it's a TV show after all.

DivvyO
May 21, 2001
Copa & Maxixe!

Buzkashi posted:

It was but I guess her leg was already a little bit jacked up from escaping the prison, and/or she is made of glass.

Wasn't Tara the one who fell over backwards in one of the Governor's episodes? Maybe she just has a bum knee and keeps re-injuring it ...

Either way, this show is going to have to start losing some characters or we're going to have the same problem that happened in Heroes where writers tried to put 63 people's stories in every episode.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

This better not be the case, because we lost Peter O'Toole and he was the guy who figured out how to kill the evil anthropomorphized oil puddle in Phantoms.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Naet posted:

I think the ratio of crazy people to sane people is incredibly inflated, but I guess it's a TV show after all.

This is taking place in Georgia.

Honestly I don't think the crazy ratio is all that far off. Most everyone is kept in between lines while in controlled society. End the world where there's no one to tell them what they can and can't do, some are gonna blossom and change. Some might even morph that way trying to do good.
Who do you think would survive better, the nutter that for decades thought the government was gonna arrest him for being "smarter" than them and has a bunker and supplies stocked, or the average Joe on the street that doesn't have a clue how to survive beyond driving from his house to the local McD's?

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Walking dead x doomsday preppers crossover.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
iirc, Tyreeses original group was hiding out in a prepper bunker until they ran out of food and then they ended up at the prison.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Lower your weapons and walk into this dead-end alley. Don't look up or anything."

"Think one of us should scout ahead, just in case its a trap or a big ole zombie horde waiting for us? And if so fire a warning shot or wave at us?"
"Every group we have met so far has attacked us, so nah gently caress it lets all walk up to it together. And blindly walk around corners too. Whats the worst that can happen."

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

SocketWrench posted:

Who do you think would survive better, the nutter that for decades thought the government was gonna arrest him for being "smarter" than them and has a bunker and supplies stocked, or the average Joe on the street that doesn't have a clue how to survive beyond driving from his house to the local McD's?

50/50.
Depends on if the nutter can get to his bunker while poo poo goes down, so right place/right time to survive.
Same as the average joe.
In the long term the nutter has a higher probality of surviving, but as a nutter hes most likely to shoot first meaning be shot himself pretty quick.
The average joe, if survived upto now has the added protection illusion of being an 'average joe'.
Also the nutter is a threat to you if you meet them, an 'average joe' has potential to be an ally.
So every encounter with the nutter will be most likey a shoot out (or hillbilly sex) meaning the nutter has more chances to die than the average joe.
Game theory!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
That's assuming this guys bunker isn't just raided.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Dr. Goon McGoon is the best character in the show so far. He's so dumb, I love it.

Toaster Ding
Apr 30, 2006

Would they not eat zombie meat and only living human meat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

Toaster Ding posted:

Would they not eat zombie meat and only living human meat?

I suppose eating a dead person's meat would carry the risk of killing you much the same way as a bite, so they'd keep them alive while they carved them up. At least that's how they went about it in the cannibal story in the vídeo game and that makes sense if you factor what we know about the vírus up until now.

• Locked thread