Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

We alone produced Live's Throwing Copper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Good loving god Chelsea Peretti is not funny. Perhaps the most annoying comedian ever to grace the podcast.

You're an idiot

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Good loving god Chelsea Peretti is not funny. Perhaps the most annoying comedian ever to grace the podcast.

Comedy Bang Me.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

was it Mulaney or Kroll who says "Emily Mertimer" all funny in that episode with Lizzy Caplan

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

epitasis posted:

was it Mulaney or Kroll who says "Emily Mertimer" all funny in that episode with Lizzy Caplan

mulaney

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I live for the days when Gil Faizon and George St. Geegland show up on Kroll Show. Don't know if this has been posted yet, here's some of the early Oh Hello skits:

http://vimeo.com/user2442589

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

Hollis Brown posted:

Mispronouncing is still hilarious when the rich dicks do it on Kroll Show. Hope this helps.

Turtly. Dolphinitely.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

umm the monday episode, which usually goes up at like 12:01 pst isnt up yet. I feel like rainman.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Oh no... maybe the wolf REALLY dead.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's up now.... buuuuuuut I'm going to wait for feedback from others before listening to this one. First time in Comedy Bing Bong history I've seen the guest list and it's put me off listening completely. And I don't even know who one of the people is.

binwin711
Oct 18, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's up now.... buuuuuuut I'm going to wait for feedback from others before listening to this one. First time in Comedy Bing Bong history I've seen the guest list and it's put me off listening completely. And I don't even know who one of the people is.

Trust in The Scott...

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

JayMax posted:

Turtly. Dolphinitely.

Fer Shark.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Thank god for the ability to fast-forward. Scott is the most Scott he's been in a while, and the musicians are good guests when they're not playing.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My first exposure to The National was on SNL a few weeks ago, and they were so boring I nearly fell asleep. And i've never even heard of the other musical guest. Should be a real fun episode.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I'll take boring real bands over the singing bush from Three Amigos any day.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The band members are pretty hilarious, don't worry.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

ArtVandelay posted:

My first exposure to The National was on SNL a few weeks ago, and they were so boring I nearly fell asleep. And i've never even heard of the other musical guest. Should be a real fun episode.

I did you one better and literally fell asleep.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Eh, I guess I'll be the contrarian for this round of posts and say I like the National. Lead singer wasn't my favorite guest, but I enjoyed it.

But holy poo poo, the Old 97s are still around? Good for them. I remember them being a hit in the mid 90s

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

What episode was it that a guest made Scott yes and "Was it the n word?"

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Conduit for Sale! posted:

What episode was it that a guest made Scott yes and "Was it the n word?"

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/a-peanut-in-the-rain/ and it also sort of happened with Matt Besser in http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-travel-bug-with-august-lindt/

Mollymauk fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 24, 2014

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Oh wow I was thinking it was Chico Marx that said it. I was way off.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it's happened in like four episodes now

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"What is your alien name?"
"Oh, it's unpronounceable!"
"Rea.... is it the n-word?"
"......."
"..is that why??"

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

the national are ok and honestly it says more about you that youre watching snl even though it's not the 1980s or whatever

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I for one think SNL was better in the specific period of time that I enjoyed it,

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Brock Samson posted:

I for one think SNL was better in the specific period of time that I enjoyed it,

i wasnt alive in the 80s but presumably it was good once i guess??

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I looked at a clip and the sound production for The National on SNL was really bad, the band was like a quarter as loud as the audience. If the sound was better it probably would have prevented this apparent epidemic of people sleeping themselves... TO DEATH

This episode was more understated than usual, but still good. Thankfully James Adomian didn't get quite as weird with his character interactions in this episode as when he did Philip Seymour Hoffman & Paul Giamatti.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
No one ever sounds good on SNL, and it's too bad that a nonzero amount of people had their first exposure to The National be that show.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

SNL rules

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I've never watched SNL

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

SNL is notorious for bad sound mixing. I don't know what the gently caress their problem is. They spend SO MUCH money on the show and they can't afford a decent engineer? Either that or they WANT bands to sound like poo poo. It's ridiculous.

SNL is like a ship that's been sinking for 40 years. They hire all the best people to crew the ship and they could easily prevent the ship from sinking but they don't because sinking is the tradition and the captain prefers the ship to be sinking.

ANALOGIES!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

erezaka posted:

the national are ok and honestly it says more about you that youre watching snl even though it's not the 1980s or whatever

Was SNL better during that time than during today?

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Was SNL better during that time than during today?

I think he just means the 70s. I think part/most of the 80s was part of SNLs famously terrible years until toward the end of the decade.

To get back on topic, I finished the episode and Adomian was amazing as usual. Both musical guests were pretty engaging. I'm not huge on songs being played during the show (except for St. Vincent's stripped down set during the anniversary episode) but the musicians they get on the show can usually keep the conversations going and sound like cool people.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I find the 5.1 mix for SNL sounds a good chunk better than the stereo mix down usually does.

Also lots of guests on CBB are current/recent SNL writers/performers so it's a weird thing to swipe at in this thread.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Old 97s are a good band and Rhett Miller was a good guest.

I was kind of disappointed in Matt Berninger (based on stage banter, I guess?), who seemed like he mostly checked out once Adomian started, but I guess expecting two MUSICAL GUESTs to completely fit in is pushing it.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Adomian was great this episode; Matt definitely did not seem into it, but the other musician was pretty funny.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I hope James is the next hidden CBB master to get an all access pass to comedy stardom.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Isn't Rhett Miller and that one other guy from My Morning Jacket friends with like every popular LA comic?

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
I started with low expectations as well, but turns out those MUUUUUSICAL GUESTS are pretty good. Who knew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Yeah, Rhett Miller has been playing Largo forever. He was part of that group that mixed up music and comedy together. He knows how to be good natured during a comedy show. He's kind of like Aimee Mann - he tends to show up in odd places in the comedy world.

I thought he did amazingly well, especially because Matt Beringer and James Adomian were both a little difficult.

Rhett Miller was on some episodes of Wits with PFT, and he and PFT took turns making up movie theme songs. Highly recommended.

wafflesnsegways fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 25, 2014