Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Globo-Hitler III posted:

pro-tip: you are old if you are over 25 years of age

25 is the average age at which the body stops growing and begins to decay

it is a slow gentle descent after that

a gentle glide toward the insatiable and inevitable jaws of the Reaper himself

unless of course you text someone and absentmindedly guide your honda into the teeth of an oncoming semi

i cheat death daily, i drive normal in the city but when i drive in the country i become a loving maniac and regularly exceed the speed limit by 20-30 mph cuz i dont give a gently caress

Still got a few non-old months left then, hooray :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Globo-Hitler III posted:

prepare to die

I'm already dead inside

read my myspace page where I post all my dark and twisted poetry and talk about the blackness of my soul. I use myspace because it's cold and abandoned, like an internet cemetery

Portals fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 4, 2014

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
life is stupid when you think about it really

i mean at best we're just a bunch of dumb monkeys pretending that we feel things and are like "whoa what if time....is actually a dimension?????

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
booooo my internet went out right as I was ladychattin'. Stupid ISP. I also mumbled 'Goddamnit, Cox," a few times before I realized what I was mumbling.

toe knee hand posted:

woah, what did they say about it not existing? i still have't got anything but i understand if you want to wait a bit longer before sending a replacement. good luck with the insurance and thanks for being willing to send another. as for mini sizes of things, samples of fragrances/skincare stuff would be cool. don't really want/need anything else.

Toe Knee Hand, the PO was almost entirely unhelpful. Lots of shrugging. "Maybe the fact that it's not showing up in our systems means it made it to Canada!" yeah no. It would still show up normally, and also Canada Post's tracking would have info.

I'm going to go ahead and re-mail the package now. If it were $300 of stuff, I'd wait longer, but this is a small package. I'll get my money back for sure (unless the package does arrive there or here), as long as there's no proof of delivery, the insurance $ is mine. I just have to wait until I can claim it, which is a looooong time on purpose. I'd rather just get it sent and to you so I know my end of the deal is held up, tbh.

I've got boatloads of skincare stuff, prepare to be spoiled one small sample at a time. Or all of them at once, however you want to do it.

Fetus Tree posted:

my own glaringly large number of shitposts aside,

:colbert: way to betray the man thread :colbert:

How do we see this list for any given thread? I don't remember how to do that.

Globo-Hitler III posted:

why do women wear high heels

poo poo looks bizarre and uncomfortable, i'd never put up with that poo poo

I wear them because A. I'm really loving short and B. I like traditionally feminine things, especially mildly retro (in the 30's and 40's sense) shoes. Pick speaks truth (as always), a well-built heel is surprisingly comfortable. My current favorite is a pair designed to look like regular skate shoes, but with a 3 inch wedge hidden inside. Hooray extra height. Plus I can wear them with all but the most dressy of outfits, and they're ridiculously comfy. I wear them all the time. They make me juuust tall enough that I'm not tripping over hems on longer dresses (like maxis).

Pick posted:

I have a pair of decommissioned eastern German parade boots and they are the best boots I have ever worn. Comfortable, sturdy, with a good sound.

My highest heels are very high heels with platforms, so the lift is about 6".

I haven't gotten the hang of super-platforms down. I have a really pretty pair of shoes with about 5' of lift, but I literally cannot walk in them. I also have a thing against chunky heels, and gravitating towards the thinnest heel possible probably doesn't make those tall shoes any easier to walk in.

Where did you get your German boots? I've wanted a pair of something similar for a long time, but I haven't wanted to pay the "we took a new shoe and made it look military" fee, and I'm not sure where to get the actual thing.

I also prefer bare feet in general, but sometimes shoes are needed.

Globo-Hitler III posted:

life is stupid when you think about it really

i mean at best we're just a bunch of dumb monkeys pretending that we feel things and are like "whoa what if time....is actually a dimension?????

This is why it's important to enjoy life as much as possible, because of how stupid and weird our existence is.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Fabulist posted:

booooo my internet went out right as I was ladychattin'. Stupid ISP. I also mumbled 'Goddamnit, Cox," a few times before I realized what I was mumbling.

Toe Knee Hand, the PO was almost entirely unhelpful. Lots of shrugging. "Maybe the fact that it's not showing up in our systems means it made it to Canada!" yeah no. It would still show up normally, and also Canada Post's tracking would have info.

I'm going to go ahead and re-mail the package now. If it were $300 of stuff, I'd wait longer, but this is a small package. I'll get my money back for sure (unless the package does arrive there or here), as long as there's no proof of delivery, the insurance $ is mine. I just have to wait until I can claim it, which is a looooong time on purpose. I'd rather just get it sent and to you so I know my end of the deal is held up, tbh.

I've got boatloads of skincare stuff, prepare to be spoiled one small sample at a time. Or all of them at once, however you want to do it.

I wear them because A. I'm really loving short and B. I like traditionally feminine things, especially mildly retro (in the 30's and 40's sense) shoes. Pick speaks truth (as always), a well-built heel is surprisingly comfortable. My current favorite is a pair designed to look like regular skate shoes, but with a 3 inch wedge hidden inside. Hooray extra height. Plus I can wear them with all but the most dressy of outfits, and they're ridiculously comfy. I wear them all the time. They make me juuust tall enough that I'm not tripping over hems on longer dresses (like maxis).

I haven't gotten the hang of super-platforms down. I have a really pretty pair of shoes with about 5' of lift, but I literally cannot walk in them. I also have a thing against chunky heels, and gravitating towards the thinnest heel possible probably doesn't make those tall shoes any easier to walk in.

Where did you get your German boots? I've wanted a pair of something similar for a long time, but I haven't wanted to pay the "we took a new shoe and made it look military" fee, and I'm not sure where to get the actual thing.

I also prefer bare feet in general, but sometimes shoes are needed.

This is why it's important to enjoy life as much as possible, because of how stupid and weird our existence is.

have you ever considered or have you ever actually written short stories

edit: this is sincere

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Fabulist posted:

click the number I circled here:

also on the subject of heels, I like the boots I own that have heels but I find regular heels pretty uncomfortable. it is nice to get a boost in height though, since I feel kinda short usually

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Globo-Hitler III posted:

have you ever considered or have you ever actually written short stories

edit: this is sincere

I have written some, the only ones that were published were published in murder mystery magazines, and that was for the money
oh wait I had a couple published in Indianapolis's alt rag, Nuvo, a while ago. They didn't pay me, but I didn't pay them either, so whooo

I still write but I'm kind of in a weird funk where I hate everything I've written and hate stuff as soon as I write it.

edit: I have a blog, that's about the only place where I don't hate whatever. My posts are about as ridiculously long as you'd expect

edit #2

Portals posted:

click the number I circled here:

also on the subject of heels, I like the boots I own that have heels but I find regular heels pretty uncomfortable. it is nice to get a boost in height though, since I feel kinda short usually

TY Portals

edit #3: I'm 43rd on that list. Or around 43rd, I didn't care enough to count twice. I wonder where I would be if I had the same words to post ratio as everyone else

MY PALE GOTH SKIN fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Mar 25, 2014

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Fabulist posted:

I still write but I'm kind of in a weird funk where I hate everything I've written and hate stuff as soon as I write it.
same

luckily my novel in progress is a very russian book about the world ending and everybody dying, so i can keep working on it even though i hate it and it hates me

gently caress you novel

your hate only makes me stronger

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Fabulist posted:

I have written some, the only ones that were published were published in murder mystery magazines, and that was for the money
oh wait I had a couple published in Indianapolis's alt rag, Nuvo, a while ago. They didn't pay me, but I didn't pay them either, so whooo

yeah i ultimately hate everything i write even if i know it is objectively good

sometimes i think i'd rather burn Freedom Fries and mcdonalds

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Avshalom posted:

same

luckily my novel in progress is a very russian book about the world ending and everybody dying, so i can keep working on it even though i hate it and it hates me

gently caress you novel

your hate only makes me stronger

give in to your hate

it will only make you more powerful

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

attack mode lab hair

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
do people actually use the facebook email friend finder? it seems like a bad idea to give facebook your email address and password for the account

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Chiba City Blues posted:

attack mode lab hair
I will destroy you.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Sabel posted:

I will destroy you.

do it

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

chiba you have nice hair and nice eyes :3:

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
thx ;-*

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Chiba City Blues posted:

do people actually use the facebook email friend finder? it seems like a bad idea to give facebook your email address and password for the account
Unfortunately, yes. This is one of the many ways they know who you are before you even sign up. Most likely at least one of the people you've contacted via email willingly let facebook import contacts so from the very beginning of registration if it recognizes an email it will be like "Hey do you know these people?"

Enemies everywhere.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
im not sure what theyre gonna do with a picture of me other than laugh at it, my facebooks on private and i havent used this username anywhere else :shrug:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Globo-Hitler III posted:

yeah i ultimately hate everything i write even if i know it is objectively good

sometimes i think i'd rather burn Freedom Fries and mcdonalds
most of what i write is articles and notes and poo poo for my eventual dissertation, but i still care about my prose and i'll be making GBS threads out a passage all "there is no worse way to say what i am grinding out of my meatbox right now, is there?"

and then a day or two later you read some other dude's work and think "This sicks on rails, i know i could do better than that!"

there's no middle ground

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
feeling an eight cyl engine rev up and change gears and leap forward between your legs as you hammer that stick into gear while VHS or Beta blasts through your sound system is a fuckin erotic and potentially orgasmic thing

oh this is not the man thread

idgaf

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Globo-Hitler III posted:

feeling an eight cyl engine rev up and change gears and leap forward between your legs as you hammer that stick into gear while VHS or Beta blasts through your sound system is a fuckin erotic and potentially orgasmic thing

idgaf

its okay ill still listen even though i have no idea what youre talking about

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
oh holy god that terrible store owner I keep 'calling out' for committing IP theft made a public apology
I just published my latest blog post on her at like 5 AM Monday morning, I am wondering if I finally convinced her that the 'steal other people's photos and claim they're of your product, get caught, disappear for a while, then do it all over again' wasn't a good business model

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Chiba City Blues posted:

its okay ill still listen even though i have no idea what youre talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z5LXyWn3-w

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

yeah ryan goslings cool

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Globo-Hitler III posted:

idgaf

the man thread isn't actually all that manly, unless you wanna count talking about balls and jizz as extremely manly

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
The man thread is really bad and I can't relate to anything they discuss.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
well the same post applies for the ladythread so

yeah

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Globo-Hitler III posted:

well the same post applies for the ladythread so

yeah

yes thats why talking about cars is appropriate here :mrgw:

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
lets all talk about things that we like and not relate them to genitalia

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Chiba City Blues posted:

goku

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

hmm, yes... im listening...

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
making a process video is actually super cool

i can watch myself work but at 8x the speed and without actually having to put in any effort!

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
i really like art process videos, i live vicariously through them

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Chiba City Blues posted:

soooo...

vaginas, amirite

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Corn Thongs posted:

the man thread isn't actually all that manly, unless you wanna count talking about balls and jizz as extremely manly

I tried talking about manly guns like 3 times and it never caught on.

To tell you the truth I think half the posters aren't even men.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Chiba City Blues posted:

I drive a 97 Cavalier. It's not ideal but it was very cheap and it has fluffy dice on the rear view mirror. Gets up some bullshit roads because I make it. I want to get a truck so I can cart round things like straw bales and loads of horseshit. I enjoy driving a lot.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Tonight I am making tandoori chicken (take 2, with real yogurt this time) and saffron rice. I am also making Sweet Bourbon Pulled Pork because we are having a "pot-luck" type food sale fundraiser at work tomorrow. Mine always sells first because I put liquor in everything. Cupcakes? Rum. Chili? Beer. Pork? Bourbon (or whiskey.) Brats? Beer.

Chiba, you are cute. Someone needs to draw a Chibi Chiba now.

Also I was thinking in the car (as usual) and I might write a YA novel about a girl who's dad gets a job on a new colonized planet and she has to fit in. Thoughts? Maybe I'll do NaNoWriMo this year.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Shithouse Dave posted:

I drive a 97 Cavalier. It's not ideal but it was very cheap and it has fluffy dice on the rear view mirror. Gets up some bullshit roads because I make it. I want to get a truck so I can cart round things like straw bales and loads of horseshit. I enjoy driving a lot.

my boyfriend has a little chevy s10 that i cant drive because i cant drive stick and its cool because i'm taller than the truck is and im a shorty :buddy:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
everybody in this thread has a boyfriend except for me even though i am INCREDIBLY SEYX :dong: :dong: :dong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
(i'm not really, i'm a bushy little jewplum)

• Locked thread