Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

Smol posted:

what I hear though, they don't even practice against each other, so this might just make both teams weaker.

That seems so counter productive. A big reason EU is so much better than NA is they're top players and they scrim eachother a lot. Talent breeds talent, etc. If NA teams slap low level invite teams around and say good enough, we can suck more dicks at CS for another 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mstrkrft posted:

That seems so counter productive. A big reason EU is so much better than NA is they're top players and they scrim eachother a lot. Talent breeds talent, etc. If NA teams slap low level invite teams around and say good enough, we can suck more dicks at CS for another 10 years.

A mindset of NA teams in a lot of games, not just CS, is if they start playing each other, they're giving away their playstyle and tricks, which is most certainly not true considering the benefits of top teams playing against other top teams in skirmishes. EU teams don't have this mentality and the results are showing.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Smol posted:

Weird things going on in the NA scene. Swag going to iBP, anger to coL. Swag switching to a second-tier team doesn't seem to make sense, so I guess it's the usual "X hates Y so they can't stay in the same team" crap again.

YEa, I often question why I play with a second tier group, but, I guess you just play with the people you like. Plus, big fish small pond kind of thing. Sometimes it's frustrating being categorically better than kcer and carl and etc, but you put up with it for the company

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Yeah I don't play CS with goons for this very reason - there's nothing worthwhile left to learn from them. Why would I want to be more of a shithead in the future when I could just MM my way to victory?

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.
I'm not quite sure how it turned into that in the last 2 posts.

CS is great.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
164ms ping, 70% packet loss. My team refused to kick me so eventually I just started buying them guns, throwing away my own and jumping happily across the map. I even got one knife kill.

Ain't never seen such a lovely connection.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Fifflaren top fragging vs LGB. gently caress the haters.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Slaapaav posted:

9-44 is all I have to say. 9-44. :smuggo:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

a slime posted:

YEa, I often question why I play with a second tier group, but, I guess you just play with the people you like. Plus, big fish small pond kind of thing. Sometimes it's frustrating being categorically better than kcer and carl and etc, but you put up with it for the company

What?

Slaapaav posted:

Well, to be fair, I guess he and friberg were the only ones who have ever really played season.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Slaapaav posted:

I'm sorry... I can't hear you over the sounds of Xizts girlfriend telling NiP to drop Fifflaren.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Slaapaav posted:

I would love for more discussion on pro play but whenever you do could you guys link to whatever twitch/hltv/whatever you're watching? Bonus points if it's right as a match is starting. ~ta

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xp677/screenshot/613920459725514843

Silver matchmaking

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I remember when everyone hated Fiff but I stuck by him, now you've all seen the truth and you're crawling back.

Well go away, I don't want to hear it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

kcer posted:

I remember when everyone hated Fiff but I stuck by him, now you've all seen the truth and you're crawling back.

No one's crawling back, dude.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

kcer posted:

kcer you're confused again. I mean, I'd offer to let you know the next time NiP wins a game, but I don't think any of us will live that long. :(

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

it's incredible how no one in silver knows how to surrender or that it even exists

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

The Flying Fish posted:

it's incredible how no one in silver knows how to surrender or that it even exists

They kicked 3 people, then the last 2 left after the 2nd to last round. You can't surrender if you votekick someone, only if a player drops + abandons.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

The Flying Fish posted:

It's actually pretty plausible. They arent silver elo because they're switched on people

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

teagone posted:

No one's crawling back, dude.

Sorry I just saw this I was rewatching the match from last night where Fifflaren carried again

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

kcer posted:

Sorry I just saw this I was rewatching the match from last night where Fifflaren carried again

Not enough to win me some drat skins against stupid Titan :argh:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

mcvey posted:

He won me some from LGB though :allears:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

mcvey posted:

Why bet against the best team in the world :wink:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Jeza posted:

Why bet against the best team in the world :wink:

No no I put a bet on LGB... and then they lost to fnatic. :v:

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

The memory leak in GO is getting kind of ridiculous. I can barely play 2 maps without having to restart the game and it takes 5 minutes to get the drat .exe to stop running.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
RIP face, died from noobstroke after trying to play unranked MM lmao

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

hello internet posted:

The memory leak in GO is getting kind of ridiculous. I can barely play 2 maps without having to restart the game and it takes 5 minutes to get the drat .exe to stop running.

I suffered from this issue for about 6 months, but seems like the game is mostly cooperating with me now. I heard that adding -processheap to your launch options helps with the memory leak.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

learn to love teh noobey

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

Misc posted:

I suffered from this issue for about 6 months, but seems like the game is mostly cooperating with me now. I heard that adding -processheap to your launch options helps with the memory leak.

It fixes my memory leak lag, but it causes random crashes to the desktop.

Also, my CS depression has come full circle. I think I'm done for a bit.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

FetalDave posted:

I find that whenever I put anything in that box (even -novid) I have issues. I had a whole string of commands in source/1.6 but for some reason GO gives me the bird when I need to edit anything.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Serves him right :owned:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
https://twitter.com/OfficialXizt/status/448479864639987712 :csgo:

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Clearly they just need to cut Fifflaren if they want to stop getting death threats

Coleman
May 5, 2011

FetalDave posted:

Also, my CS depression has come full circle. I think I'm done for a bit.

You're done when I say you're done.

Also as someone that both likes the skins in CS, and likes watching competitive CS, anyone that takes either one seriously enough to send death threats to a team because they lost really needs to step out of their Silver 2 MM game and take a walk outside.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Coleman posted:

d take a walk outside.

Do you want to die cole

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Gonna laugh when Valve makes some sort of mass move to ruin gambling in one fell swoop and piss tons of people off just like the TF2 idling client. That day can't come soon enough

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

astr0man posted:

Clearly they just need to cut Fifflaren if they want to stop getting death threats

kill fifflaren

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I'm gonna send death threats to Valve because I tried to play the market and lost $10 Steambux

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
dear ninjas in pyjamas--~

im going to kill u :evil:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I'm gonna spam Fifflaren's twitter with invites to play a goonman and he's gonna wreck your collective poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

kcer posted:

I'm gonna spam Fifflaren's twitter with invites to play a goonman and he's gonna wreck your collective poo poo

Will this be on CSGO Lounge?

• Locked thread