Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Unmature posted:

Was reading A Lonely Place of Dying when I stumbled upon a theory I had never considered.

"Loose Change", indeed. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

I think they were the Gotham Twin Towers, not to be confused with the New York Twin Towers. Just like how Gotham had it's own version of the Statue of Liberty. It really was just New York with the numbers filed off.

Didn't Trigon use the Twin Towers as a chair when he manifested in the real world ina Teen Titan's story, or was it just Titan Tower. I know they had him use Titan Tower in the animated version.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Unmature posted:

Was reading A Lonely Place of Dying when I stumbled upon a theory I had never considered.

Smash cut to the next day to a scene like the Marvel 9/11 issue only instead of Doom crying, it's Batman saying "I wasn't even there that day :("

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

My favorite post of the day.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
My memory and my web fu fail me--a friend would like to know what the original issue is where the villain tells the heroes that they've doomed those they've touched as well as themselves, and Atom, GL, and Flash have thoughts bemoaning their love interests, but Batman is instead worried for Robin. As you probably guessed, I can't suss the issue info out. I suspect it's early era Justice League but that's about it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Justice League of America #44 - May 1966

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

:allears: Oh Bruce you stupid stupid man.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Source unknown.

GorfZaplen fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 25, 2014

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
^^^Strange Tales II #2 by Paul Maybury^^^

How am I so invested in these characters?
http://limbero.org/jl8/164

:ohdear:

Uthor fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 25, 2014

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Saoshyant posted:

Man, that is so good, someone should name a forum after it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'm aware of its history and that it's the inspiration behind the sub-forum's name, but you'd be surprised how in spite of the image being all over the internet, nobody sources the drat thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Uthor posted:

^^^Strange Tales II #2 by Paul Maybury^^^

How am I so invested in these characters?
http://limbero.org/jl8/164

:ohdear:

WHAT'S THE ANSWER KAREN!?! :byodood:

This is the best DC comic currently being made, which is pretty depressing since DC Comics aren't involved with it in any way, shape or form.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Jerusalem posted:

WHAT'S THE ANSWER KAREN!?! :byodood:

This is the best DC comic currently being made, which is pretty depressing since DC Comics aren't involved with it in any way, shape or form.

If DC had half a clue they would hire this guy, lock him in a basement and make him create JL8 daily.

Or maybe that's just my secret dream.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Saoshyant posted:

And now you know where BSS got its name.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Waterhaul posted:

Was it definitely this? I've also heard it was from some bizarre DC/Harvey Comics crossover where Batman killed Casper*, but then again I have never seen any proof that this comic actually exists.

*There was supposedly a crossover between Batman and Casper and at some point I think the Spectre showed up and claimed that the people of the Harvey Comics universe were made up of everyone that Batman had ever failed to save or something, and hence by that logic Batman killed Casper, and hence that was his shameful secret.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Choco1980 posted:

nobody sources the drat thing.
You do have a point there.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Cornwind Evil posted:

Was it definitely this? I've also heard it was from some bizarre DC/Harvey Comics crossover where Batman killed Casper*, but then again I have never seen any proof that this comic actually exists.

*There was supposedly a crossover between Batman and Casper and at some point I think the Spectre showed up and claimed that the people of the Harvey Comics universe were made up of everyone that Batman had ever failed to save or something, and hence by that logic Batman killed Casper, and hence that was his shameful secret.

Batman sobbing as Casper skips circles around him is something I need to see now.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Bucnasti posted:

If DC had half a clue they would hire this guy, lock him in a basement and make him create JL8 daily.

Or maybe that's just my secret dream.

I think it's probably best for JL8 and its readers if DC stays the hell away from it. That being said, I'd still love trades or something, but dear god keep DC editorial away.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

I think it's probably best for JL8 and its readers if DC stays the hell away from it. That being said, I'd still love trades or something, but dear god keep DC editorial away.

He did like two pages of art for an issue of Nova a few months ago. I hope he gets more work.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

GrandpaPants posted:

They'd have a school shooting cross over event, you just know it.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Cornwind Evil posted:

You're either posting your fever dreams/drug hallucinations or you got trolled hard.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

gently caress Your Website posted:

You're either posting your fever dreams/drug hallucinations or you got trolled hard.

I knew this guy in high school who'd constantly make poo poo like this up. I ended up looking stupid so many times repeating what he'd told me about this series or that video game to people who actually knew anything about it.

Man, gently caress that guy.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Trast posted:

They'd have a school shooting cross over event, you just know it.

But its a school full of superheroes... unless they introduce one character that acts like he was always there and their best friend then he is shot and we are suspose to feel all sorry for him but is never brought up again after words.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Lurdiak posted:

I knew this guy in high school who'd constantly make poo poo like this up. I ended up looking stupid so many times repeating what he'd told me about this series or that video game to people who actually knew anything about it.

Was his name Matt?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Lurdiak posted:

Everyone had that guy. Mine said Stan Lee voiced Green Arrow in Justice League Unlimited.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

For some reason I was under the impression that Batman's shameful secret was his sci-fi closet.

JLA Classified #1

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Servoret posted:

For some reason I was under the impression that Batman's shameful secret was his sci-fi closet.

JLA Classified #1

Does Batman also have a trenchcoat, fedora, and Steampunk goggles?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Red posted:

Does Batman also have a trenchcoat, fedora, and Steampunk goggles?

Let me tell you about a little thing called Elseworlds.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Servoret posted:

JLA Classified #1

Well, I suppose if anyone in the DCU would have a goddamned Dalek, it'd be Batman. :stare:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Servoret posted:

JLA Classified #1
Batman, you let the Iron Giant's head go free this instant!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

redbackground posted:

I always knew Batman was secretly a monster.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

redbackground posted:

It probably called itself "Superman" when Batman was around to hear it, and we know the general trend about robots pretending to be Supes.
The real mystery is: How did he manage to shrink it?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Same way he shrank the Dalek. Probably all part of the victory.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Servoret posted:

JLA Classified #1

In my head cannon, I imagine that Batman has a button in the Batcave that when pushed temporarily turn the DC Universe back into a Silver Age, Brave and the Bold style universe. Seeing Batman with such a sci-fi closet that he uses when he needs to deal with Jet Powered apes is in keeping with this interpretation.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

The Question IRL posted:

In my head cannon

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Formally Known as the Justice League #2 I think.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

redbackground posted:

"Master Bruce, what is that?"
"I don't know, but the drat thing won't stop beeping. And these tiny blinking screws keep showing up in the cave rolling towards it. Look, it just really weirds me out Alfred, that's why I keep it in there with the Dalek."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

GrandpaPants posted:

"Comics are for adults, let's kill Karen and stuff her in the school freezer for lil' Batman to find. Get some *buzz* going and totally shift this paradigm forward."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 25, 2014

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

TwoPair posted:

"I don't know, but the drat thing won't stop beeping. And these tiny blinking screws keep showing up in the cave rolling towards it. Look, it just really weirds me out Alfred, that's why I keep it in there with the Dalek."

"Yes, about the Dalek, Master Bruce, might I inquire...?"
"Just shut up and help me move this weird blue box!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

TwoPair posted:

Does Batman keep the Dalek around for pest control? I'd assume it would be great on rats and small curious children.

• Locked thread